Author Topic: 11th CINEMANILA International Film Festival (2009)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
11th CINEMANILA International Film Festival (2009)
« on: Aug 09, 2009 at 10:10 AM »
American screenwriter Paul Schrader and Mexican actor Diego Luna are expected to be the guests of honor in the 11th CINEMANILA International Film Festival to be held at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig on October 15-25, 2009.

source

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1240
Re: 11th CINEMANILA International Film Festival (2009)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 05:18 PM »
Personally, I prefer Cinemanila to be held at Gateway due to the location & to the theater quality. I'm not sure about Market Market as I have never watched a movie there... :-\

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 06:23 PM »
I've only watched there once. The theater I watched in looks similar to the non-stadium seating theaters of Glorietta 4.

Yeah, Gateway would have been a more impressive venue.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 06:53 PM »
Agree. Gateway was infintely more convenient and had this enclosed sense of community. Better than Greenbelt, I thought, although I had a lot of fond filmfest memories from Cinemanilas past.

Too bad Cinemanila is co-dependent on which city offers its support.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 07:17 PM »
To be fair, Taguig seems supportive in making the cinema arts more accessible to the public. Like last year's edition, Cinemanila 2009 will include a barangay immersion component that aims to expose the masses to art films.

The article also does say that Fully Booked Boni High Street might open up its projection room as a screening venue for the festival. Although personally, the intimacy that such an arrangement can offer would defeat the purpose of it being part of a "festival".

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 07:45 PM »
I don;t think I mind the Fully Booked screning room much, filmfest atmosphere gets pretty ointimate as it is, once it sets in. Taguig is just so damned inaccessible. Gateway and Greenbelt were just a train ride away.

Still, if they show any of these  - - -Antichrist, Lorna's Silence, Nymph, Vengeance, White Ribbon, Kinatay, Himpapawid, Byaheng Lupa, Babaeng Hangin - - - then the trip(s) will be worth it.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 12:29 AM »
I'm gonna have to figure out how to commute to Taguig. It's technically closer to my house but I don't know how to commute there (at least with Gateway, I can just take the MRT).

Offline smiroux

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM »
I'm gonna have to figure out how to commute to Taguig. It's technically closer to my house but I don't know how to commute there (at least with Gateway, I can just take the MRT).

If sanay ka talaga with MRT here are some options:
1. Take MRT - stop at Guadalupe station. Walk to the Jollibee in front of Loyola. There are lots of Jeepneys there. Take good care of your possessions, just ask around which Jeepney line is the Market Market/The Fort line. Basta dun sa area na yun for sure meron. Fare is Php7 only.
2. Take MRT - stop at Ayala station. If you are in the station facing the direction of SM Makati/Glorietta, go down the stairs to the right and just walk past all the public terminals. (I'm not sure what you call that area, anyway.) Sa dulo nun, turn right and use the overpass. Pagbaba mo sa overpass on the other side, yun na yung sakayan ng The Fort Bus. Fare is Php11 yata.
3. Like option #2 except, instead of walking past the terminals, go inside the fx terminal. Merong masasakyan dun na fx papuntang The Fort. Fare is Php20-30, I think.

Kung ako sayo option 1 na lang, basta be wary of the snatchers lurking sa palengke. Mga 15minutes lang ang travel time, di pa malayo ang lalakarin.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM by smiroux »
Rosebud.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 01:08 AM »
If sanay ka talaga with MRT here are some options:
1. Take MRT - stop at Guadalupe station. Walk to the Jollibee in front of Loyola. There are lots of Jeepneys there. Take good care of your possessions, just ask around which Jeepney line is the Market Market/The Fort line. Basta dun sa area na yun for sure meron. Fare is Php7 only.
2. Take MRT - stop at Ayala station. If you are in the station facing the direction of SM Makati/Glorietta, go down the stairs to the right and just walk past all the public terminals. (I'm not sure what you call that area, anyway.) Sa dulo nun, turn right and use the overpass. Pagbaba mo sa overpass on the other side, yun na yung sakayan ng The Fort Bus. Fare is Php11 yata.
3. Like option #2 except, instead of walking past the terminals, go inside the fx terminal. Merong masasakyan dun na fx papuntang The Fort. Fare is Php20-30, I think.

Kung ako sayo option 1 na lang, basta be wary of the snatchers lurking sa palengke. Mga 15minutes lang ang travel time, di pa malayo ang lalakarin.

FYI: I'm coming from Makati.