Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 411212 times)

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #1530 on: May 03, 2011 at 04:49 PM »
Naku mukhang yong ko na Xtreamer ang me problema. Pero bakit kaya sa HQV receivers lang sya nagloloko at sa iba hindi naman. Gamit ko puro CDRKing HDMI cable, gamit ko din HDMI main hindi sub-out. Yes, nilipat ko din sa syntax tv pero ganun pa din. Anw, at least nalaman ko na mukhang yong unit ko ang me problema. Thanks sir comet!

Sir Nogie just tried my xtreamer mk 1 with the 3008.  Mine went smoothly.   I already updated my Xtreamer to 2.7.  Firmware version for the 3008 is 1051-0400-0310-2101.  I tried changing all resolutions from source, through, 480p up to 1080p/24hz, all went smoothly except for the last(1080p/24hz) which showed mild jaggedness  due to the limitation of my 720p projector. I used the HDMI Main  as monitor out.  HD audio passthrough is really not possible with the mk 1 that's why I upgraded to Xtreamer pro, pero the Xtreamer mk 1 can decode the DTS core as I tried  Bluray-isos kanina.  Sir Nogie, natry nyo na pong i-change yung HDMI cable?  Yung gamit kong cable came from sir Anya. Sir the TV that you used for 3008 is the Samsung/Syntax?  Baka lang po pwede niyo i-try with your bedroom TV yung 3008-Xtreamer combo.

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1531 on: May 03, 2011 at 04:56 PM »
Hi Sir Nogie.  I've been quiet because as you know very AVR I got from you is a Pioneer, and I honestly do know know what those compatibility modes are for.

Yeah the pass through ability is sorely missing.  Hopefully it will be forthcoming in FW 3.0.   Has anyone tried using the XTreamer in USB slave mode?  The PRO has it but I've not tried it. 

Sana nga matupad na ng manufacturer yong matagal na nilang pinangako na HD passthrough since they started selling the MK1.  :D

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #1532 on: May 03, 2011 at 09:07 PM »
Sir Nogie yung pinicture nyo after initialization nangyayari din yan sa akin sa bedroom set-up ko.  Ang gamit ko dun Yamaha surroundbar Sony bravia 32V2 series  and the Xtreamer mk1.  Nangyayari sa akin yun sir if I opened the Xtreamer  earlier than the Yamaha, nagkakahandshake issue pero kung naunang buksan ang Yamaha then xtreamer, nawawala yung problem.

Offline erwin111

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1533 on: May 11, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
mga sirs, may nakaencounter na ba ng audio sync problems sa xtreamer mk1 through HDMI audio? kapag optical, ok naman ang audio sync... kapag lower resolution movie files (m720p), hindi obvious.. source, display o xtreamer issue kaya ito?

update: changing the xtreamer output resolution to 1080/24p fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM by erwin111 »

Offline xeroichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1534 on: May 13, 2011 at 08:04 AM »
mga sir, patulong po... paano po ba mag install ng skin?

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1535 on: May 13, 2011 at 06:49 PM »
mga sir, patulong po... paano po ba mag install ng skin?

im not sure what skin you are refering to pero if you install jukebox may bago ka UI (xtremer w/ sidewinder)
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline jtahanlangit

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1536 on: May 13, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
Does anybody know if iXtreamer can bitstream DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD? Any iXtreamer users on this thread na nagkaroon ng issue on HD Audio bitstreaming?
Optoma HD141X+Marantz NR1402+Music Angel 6P1+Insignia AVR5110+GoldenEar Triton 7+Wharf WH2+PCH A410

Offline xeroichi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1537 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM »
im not sure what skin you are refering to pero if you install jukebox may bago ka UI (xtremer w/ sidewinder)
like the ones found here... http://forum.xtreamer.net/mediawiki-1.15.1/index.php/Skins
wala kasi akong makitang step by step guide on how to install a skin...

one more thing, pwede ba upon boot up daretso na agad sa jukebox? yung hindi na dadaan sa main menu na may red X...

thanks po
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM by xeroichi »

Offline icarusf3ll

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1538 on: May 17, 2011 at 06:37 AM »
Hey guys, I am at the edge of buying either the WDTV Live Hub or the Xtreamer Sidewinder. As Xtreamer Sidewinder users can you tell me if all in all you are satisfied with your purchase and what you consider the best pro and the worst con of the unit? TIA!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1539 on: May 17, 2011 at 03:41 PM »
Hey guys, I am at the edge of buying either the WDTV Live Hub or the Xtreamer Sidewinder. As Xtreamer Sidewinder users can you tell me if all in all you are satisfied with your purchase and what you consider the best pro and the worst con of the unit? TIA!

How much ba live hub ngayon? isn't the sidewinder just a heatsink accessory of the Xtreamer or are you referring to Xtreamer w/ Sidewinder? i think the Xtreamer Pro is more comparable to WDTV Live Hub. These are the two units that i was thinking of getting before when I was looking for an NMT. Ultimately, i chose the Xtreamer Pro and the reason why is because you can fit upto two 3TB HDDs inside the unit plus you can also connect an additional two 3TB external HDD sa USB instead of just the built in 1TB HDD of the Live Hub although overall parang mas maganda yung UI ng Live Hub and mas maganda ata yung Jukebox feature.

overall, inabot ako ng around 11k for the Xtreamer Pro w/ 2TB HDD compared sa Live Hub w/ built-in 1TB HDD na around 8.5k. So far, enjoy naman ako sa Xtreamer Pro ko and it hasn't let me down yet. only gripe I have with this unit is the remote na pag nilapag mo it rocks back and fort because of the curved body which is irritating at times and nakaka-interfere sa remote ng Skycable Digibox.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 at 03:56 PM by leomarley »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1540 on: May 17, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
also forgot to mention na may eSATA connector yung Xtreamer Pro for faster transfer rate of files. (around 300mbps). ;D

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1541 on: May 17, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
The Live Hub is 9k. Yes, I'm referring to the Xtreamer with built in Sidewinder. Thanks for sharing your experience, I never really considered the Pro because of the size, the small form factor of the Live Hub is one thing that really appeals to me and I'm not really all that techie to worry about setting things up myself. Also based here, the Live Hub has lower power consumption so that's another plus:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=51&ma1=162&mo1=237&p1=9945&ma2=426&mo2=215&p2=9368&ph=13

I may delay buying until I get more info from both sides:] But, so far, I'm leaning towards the Live Hub.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1542 on: May 17, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
yeah, the Xtreamer Pro is a little big but justified naman since you can put an internal HDD inside. It's also not that big if you see the actual unit. The Live Hub is a good choice also pero sana merong option to choose a 1TB or 2TB unit.

Offline ikatrese

• Collector
  • turning geek is never too late
  • Liked:
« Reply #1543 on: May 19, 2011 at 08:41 PM »
gusto ko rin sana ng Live Hub before, pero I chose Xtreamer Pro. mas okey kasi yung pwede ko palitan HD anytime na gusto ko - or kung magkaproblema yun HD, yun lang ang aayusin, same with kung unit naman ang magkaproblema.
people are strange when you're a stranger...

Offline joeyc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1544 on: May 27, 2011 at 01:00 PM »
mga guru's nedd your help sa xtreamer, my FW install is only 2.2, ang problem ko is hindi ko ma play un FLAC files, need ko ba to update un FW to lates version?

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1545 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
mga guru's nedd your help sa xtreamer, my FW install is only 2.2, ang problem ko is hindi ko ma play un FLAC files, need ko ba to update un FW to lates version?

No harm in doing it basta follow the procedure na nasa xtreamer site. Latest FW ngayon is 2.7 na. However, try to go to settings-A/V, digital output, then and scroll down and choose AAC,Flac,etc...If its done already or won't still play then upgrade the firmware. My sidewinder has no problem with flac files, wav, and dts-audio.

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1546 on: Jun 04, 2011 at 04:05 PM »
Hi Sir Nogie.  I've been quiet because as you know very AVR I got from you is a Pioneer, and I honestly do know know what those compatibility modes are for.

Yeah the pass through ability is sorely missing.  Hopefully it will be forthcoming in FW 3.0.   Has anyone tried using the XTreamer in USB slave mode?  The PRO has it but I've not tried it.  
Please enlighten me on what this missing passthrough ability is, exactly.  I keep reading about the gripes of xtreamer users, but I don't really understand -- every movie I've acquired and played from different brands of ext. HDD's played just fine (except Tangled, which had no sound until I upgraded to 2.6.0).

Ano ba ang epekto, at kailan mararamdaman ang epekto na ito?  Please teach this n00b.

Di ba namention na sa 2.0 series ng firmware (from this page: http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer/firmware/ver-2-0.aspx) na meron nang DTS HD MA passthrough?

What's new in this firmware?

New features:

1.    BD ISO playback support.

-          Can’t supports menu navigation.

2.    Change from SD UI to HD UI.

3.    DTS HD Master Audio down-mixing and pass-through.

-          Pass-through(5.1ch )

4.    Dolby TrueHD down-mixing.

-          Pass-through(5.1 PCM format)

-          Direct pass-through (5.1ch) will be prepared soon.

Iba pa ba yung #3?

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2011 at 04:10 PM by lgfan »

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #1547 on: Jun 04, 2011 at 05:07 PM »
yup bro. yan nga yung passthrough that Xtreamer stated on that firmware but.... di nga gumagana.

What we mean is if you play an MKV file with DTSHDMA connected via optical to an AVR that has no DTSHDMA decoder, dapat ang sound na lumabas eh DTS core, but it's only prologic ang sound output nya.
Xtreamer is doing something at the moment daw. hopefully kasama to sa mafix nila. HTH.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1548 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 05:28 AM »
Thanks bro for clarifying this.  I was wondering why when I played an MKV with DTS HDMA (HD Master Audio) my AVR that does have a decoder showed on its panel that it was receiving DTS HDMA.    Maybe it the MKV still doesn't have the DTS Core you meantioned.  My confusion was because I thought a lack of a HDMI Passthru ability was that I wasn't suppose to see the AVR decoding such a signal, and that the XTreamer would do all the decoding. 

My understanding now is that the Xtreamer does have passthru BUT it is incomplete since the DTS core signal is not included - is this right?  It doesn't matter in my particular situation.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1549 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 05:33 AM »
What I'd really wish to have on the next upgrade is the ability to queue music I'd like played while other music is still playing.  FW 2.7 does have a playlist but I find it rather primitive, also you can only have one.  FW 3.0 is mentioned to have a much better UI.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1550 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 06:13 AM »
Xtreamer Pro does have a passthru bro. only Sidewinders have this common issue.

What I'd really wish to have on the next upgrade is the ability to queue music I'd like played while other music is still playing.  FW 2.7 does have a playlist but I find it rather primitive, also you can only have one.  FW 3.0 is mentioned to have a much better UI.

hope they add this as well. it's like 1st week of April that they started informing people of this FW update.i guess it's taking them too long.

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1551 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 06:34 AM »
I almost bought a Mk1 when we needed a second NMT.  Turns out it was a good decision to think long term and instead get another PRO.   Thanks bro that gives me peace of mind on this issue.

Yeah, quite a few XTreamer customers have been complaining.  Do you know that software is almost never sold with any kind of warranty?  Try reading the license agreement of almighty Microsoft.  Basically, it says "there are product defects but you can't demand we fix them." :)   "You at your own risk", they'll also say.  This one of the basic arguments of analog purists.   It is this way not because the people making software, or digital hardware for that matter, are lazy or incompetent.  It is just the nature of the digital realm.

The lack of more extensive player features is one reason why I looked into a HTPC.  It was a misadventure ... got mired in complexity I was, and still am not willing to deal with.  Simple is better.

Yesterday I bought a 16" LCD monitor with the idea that I'd use it to select music on the XTreamer instead of using the 350 watt plasma TV.   The small monitor is connected to the AV outputs of the XTreamer, while the HDMI output is connected to the AVR.   It worked though it is rather difficult to read the smaller screen.  Too bad the XTreamer does not have a VGA output.  I'm now thinking of buying a HDMI splitter but at P2k it is still something to think out.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1552 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 12:44 PM »
meron bang torrent client na pwede ma-dl and ma-install for Xtreamer? i'm using an Xtreamer Pro.

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1553 on: Jun 08, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
yup bro. yan nga yung passthrough that Xtreamer stated on that firmware but.... di nga gumagana.

What we mean is if you play an MKV file with DTSHDMA connected via optical to an AVR that has no DTSHDMA decoder, dapat ang sound na lumabas eh DTS core, but it's only prologic ang sound output nya.
Xtreamer is doing something at the moment daw. hopefully kasama to sa mafix nila. HTH.

I thought yung passthrough means it will NOT decode, it will let the AVR decode the stream.  Kaya "pass" saka "through."  Mali pala ako???  And there I was, confused as ever kung kukunin yung HT805PM dahil nga wala itong DTSHDMA decoder dahil sa maling pagkakaintindi ko ng "passthrough" concept.

Offline joeyc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1554 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM »
No harm in doing it basta follow the procedure na nasa xtreamer site. Latest FW ngayon is 2.7 na. However, try to go to settings-A/V, digital output, then and scroll down and choose AAC,Flac,etc...If its done already or won't still play then upgrade the firmware. My sidewinder has no problem with flac files, wav, and dts-audio.
na try ko po change un setting sa digital output to AAc,FLAC,etc...hindi pa rin po ma read un flac files,
so i tried to upgrade my firmware to 2.7 but unfortunately upgrade didn't happened, when i select the firmware upgrade to 2.7 and click "enter" the led in from changed from green to orange/red and blink. soi wait up to 20 minute and the unit still the same, so i think the unit hang-up. 3 times ko pong inulit kaso ganun pa din. Any advise po how to upgrade my FW? saka po meron ba system lock un xtreamer? kasi kahit ano gawin ko wala nababago e. help naman po.Thxs.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1555 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
use a USB drive.

download and save the FW. http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer/firmware/ver-2-7.aspx

here ar the instructions:

1. Download the firmware file.
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory) and unzip\unrar it.
3. Copy the firmware file to a USB memory stick (formatted FAT32) and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer player and navigate to the SETTINGS -> SYSTEM menu options.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer player containing the firmware update file.

HTH.

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1556 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 03:54 PM »
meron bang torrent client na pwede ma-dl and ma-install for Xtreamer? i'm using an Xtreamer Pro.

You can use the torrent client called Transmission but it is no walk in the park Bro.  I had it working for a week or two but removed it because I had issues.  Transmission itself is pretty good.  It lacks some features I like in others but those are not really absolutely essential.  The issues were mainly how it integrated into the XTreamer. 

As I suggested on another thread, you'd be better off with the a netbook hosting a torrent client.

If you persist you have to be willing to do the following:

1. Install the xmod pack.  This is a community (3rd party) developed extension to the XTreamer software.
2. Reformat your hard disk in the ext2 format.  This might mean buying another disk, or moving all your existing files to another one.
3. Work with Transmission through a web browser on another PC.
4. This is optionally but something I strongly recommend: buy a UPS.

RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline joeyc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1557 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
use a USB drive.

download and save the FW. http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer/firmware/ver-2-7.aspx

here ar the instructions:

1. Download the firmware file.
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory) and unzip\unrar it.
3. Copy the firmware file to a USB memory stick (formatted FAT32) and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer player and navigate to the SETTINGS -> SYSTEM menu options.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer player containing the firmware update file.

HTH.

opo! i followed the above procedure but still hindi ko ma upgrade un FW. Ano kaya problem ko? Un USB need ko ba rin i format although nakita ko naman un unzip FW sa USB? wala na po kc me maisip na puede gawin, meron ba dito sa forum namalapit na puede makatulong, dito po me sa cavite area. 

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1558 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM »
USB yan malamang bro. either iformat mo yan or use another one. also, make sure nothing is connected on the other USB slot of xtreamer. trust ne, this is really a simple procedure bro, no need for assistance. I can't think of any diffficult task to update the FW on that nmt. any newbie can do this easily. basta isolate mo lang isa isa para malaman mo kung anung problema.

else, xtreamer na talaga may diperensya nyan.
hth.

Offline joeyc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1559 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM »
USB yan malamang bro. either iformat mo yan or use another one. also, make sure nothing is connected on the other USB slot of xtreamer. trust ne, this is really a simple procedure bro, no need for assistance. I can't think of any diffficult task to update the FW on that nmt. any newbie can do this easily. basta isolate mo lang isa isa para malaman mo kung anung problema.

else, xtreamer na talaga may diperensya nyan.
hth.
opo isa lang un nakaplug sa USB ng xtreamer, thanks po ng marami, gawin ko po muna n format un USB baka okay na. Thanks.