Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 404532 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jukebox
« Reply #60 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 05:41 PM »
How does Jukebox work? madali lang ba i-setup yung jukebox? This will be very interesting if madali lang setup ng Jukebox for a non techie like me. A big plus to HDpro and Cinema tube.

Hi, pls check out this link:

http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2653

As with any Jukebox application, naming your files properly is crucial so that the correct thumbnails and other movie info (that are retrieved from databases such as IMDB) will be correct.  Medyo matrabaho if you have a large library where filenames are "ewan".

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
External hard drives: performance and speed over USB
« Reply #61 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 05:50 PM »
will it have the same performance in terms of speed and hiccup sa pag play ng huge files kung nasa external HDD sya? i've experienced it before with egreat, pag internal OK sya pero apg external nag stutter.

I've played both 720p and 1080p .mkv files off an external hard drive; I haven't experienced any problems with the smoothness of the audio/video.  I have not come across any complaints either.

I'll try playing and .m2ts file and report my experience here.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer - now in stock!
« Reply #62 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:19 PM »
Bitstream was gracious enough to send me a demo unit to test.  Thanks again sir!

Positives:

1.) The best GUI for a realtek player I have seen so far. I love the red logo, the look, also the length of characters on screen mahaba, so you can easily view long file names!

2.) Speed in browsing, preview and bootup feels the same with the HD Pro so this is good news considering it has a more complicated GUI.

3.) DTS Downmix to stereo is supported

4.) This model has the only Realtek 128x chip, better than the other realtek players as mentioned by other forums.  On my 32" LCD, I feel PQ is better than my egreat 34a, more evident than when I compared HD Pro vs WD TV.  I felt that images were focused more, or have better contrast.  This has to be confirmed by the more experienced pinoydvd users who have a bigger LCD or projector.

5.) No hiccups playing huge .mkv and .mt2s files (20-30Gb per movie)  via usb Mybook 1Tb

6.) Better zooming options, you can set to 1% increments both horizontal and vertical and saves the setting (wala sa HD Pro!)

7.) Navigation pressing the direction buttons goes +/- 30sec or 3min instantly (wala sa HD Pro!) You can also go to a particular time that you wish by pressing Goto and the numbers.

8.) Vs the WD TV, you can put an internal hard drive but only a 2.5" laptop HD which is more expensive than 3.5" HDs

9.) Optional wireless adapter (wasn't able to try this, walang kuryente 2pm onwards today)

10.) This product is popular in the AVS/AV forums. There's immediate feedback by manufacturer in the threads there. They have announced their future improvements in the coming firmware updates.

11.) The cheapest realtek media player that's available now!  

Negatives:

1.) 2.5" HDs are more expensive than 3.5", still good to have an internal hard drive option than nothing at all.  

2.) internal fan a bit noisy, but you can turn it off in the system settings.

3.) No component outputs, no coaxial for those who need it. I personally don't since I use HDMI even on the audio side.

4.) No power on/off and front panel buttons, so don't lose or break your remote.

5.) As of now no support for HD audio streaming like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-MA, PCM multichannel, BD .iso but the manufacturer promises these things in future updates.

If someone asks me- "Do you regret buying the HD Pro?" My answer is No because I want a new realtek player that can accomodate an internal 3.5" HD. Kung walang HD Pro sa market, definitely this is my next option because of the price! I have extra 2.5" all around the house from macbooks that I upgraded already to a bigger HD.

If sabay ito lumabas, people will be divided to ordering this vs the HD Pro, internal HD vs better GUI and possibly better support, bigger casing vs portability.

Vs the Cinematube, mas mura Cinematube but you will have to wait for its arrival.

Vs the egreat R1, wala pa tayong balita from gren. 

My cousin-in-law plans to get one already. Will contact you for the order sir Bitstream!
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:46 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline ramgos

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:53 PM »
Thanks sir Ditoy for the very comprehensive review. Galing mo talaga maggawa ng review. 

Parang naiinggit na ako nyan. :)

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:54 PM »
haha hindi comprehensive yan, just an hour of playing various files. nagbrown-out kasi!  Hindi ko na natest yung internet and other stuff, ibang users nalang gagawa nun :)
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:56 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:01 PM »
I will be waiting for your review of the jukebox setting. sana magawa mo.  ;D

Offline sstar68

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:03 PM »
@Bitstream

sir me discount ba for the wifi antenna.

Offline kolokoys

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • http://lumangmaynila.multiply.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:16 PM »
Hopefully GUI features of Xtreamer would eventually be in HDPro as well...mas masarap kaseng magbrowse di ba ng collections mo with those extravagant graphics, para bang feel na feel mo ung collections.. :D :D

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 08:03 PM »
+1

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 10:30 PM »
@Bitstream

sir me discount ba for the wifi antenna.

Sorry, not much room to maneuver on the USB Wi-fi Antenna price.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 10:36 PM »
Bitstream was gracious enough to send me a demo unit to test.  Thanks again sir!

Positives:

1.) The best GUI for a realtek player I have seen so far. I love the red logo, the look, also the length of characters on screen mahaba, so you can easily view long file names!

2.) Speed in browsing, preview and bootup feels the same with the HD Pro so this is good news considering it has a more complicated GUI.

3.) DTS Downmix to stereo is supported

4.) This model has the only Realtek 128x chip, better than the other realtek players as mentioned by other forums.  On my 32" LCD, I feel PQ is better than my egreat 34a, more evident than when I compared HD Pro vs WD TV.  I felt that images were focused more, or have better contrast.  This has to be confirmed by the more experienced pinoydvd users who have a bigger LCD or projector.

5.) No hiccups playing huge .mkv and .mt2s files (20-30Gb per movie)  via usb Mybook 1Tb

6.) Better zooming options, you can set to 1% increments both horizontal and vertical and saves the setting (wala sa HD Pro!)

7.) Navigation pressing the direction buttons goes +/- 30sec or 3min instantly (wala sa HD Pro!) You can also go to a particular time that you wish by pressing Goto and the numbers.

8.) Vs the WD TV, you can put an internal hard drive but only a 2.5" laptop HD which is more expensive than 3.5" HDs

9.) Optional wireless adapter (wasn't able to try this, walang kuryente 2pm onwards today)

10.) This product is popular in the AVS/AV forums. There's immediate feedback by manufacturer in the threads there. They have announced their future improvements in the coming firmware updates.

11.) The cheapest realtek media player that's available now!  

Negatives:

1.) 2.5" HDs are more expensive than 3.5", still good to have an internal hard drive option than nothing at all.  

2.) internal fan a bit noisy, but you can turn it off in the system settings.

3.) No component outputs, no coaxial for those who need it. I personally don't since I use HDMI even on the audio side.

4.) No power on/off and front panel buttons, so don't lose or break your remote.

5.) As of now no support for HD audio streaming like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-MA, PCM multichannel, BD .iso but the manufacturer promises these things in future updates.

If someone asks me- "Do you regret buying the HD Pro?" My answer is No because I want a new realtek player that can accomodate an internal 3.5" HD. Kung walang HD Pro sa market, definitely this is my next option because of the price! I have extra 2.5" all around the house from macbooks that I upgraded already to a bigger HD.

If sabay ito lumabas, people will be divided to ordering this vs the HD Pro, internal HD vs better GUI and possibly better support, bigger casing vs portability.

Vs the Cinematube, mas mura Cinematube but you will have to wait for its arrival.

Vs the egreat R1, wala pa tayong balita from gren. 

My cousin-in-law plans to get one already. Will contact you for the order sir Bitstream!

Thanks for taking the time to review the Xtreamer and to post your comments.  Your review is very professional, concise and informative.  You certainly know your media players!

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 10:46 PM »
Thanks! pero hindi yan professional, informal lang po yan  ;D

Professional review pag may calibration tests, and video pa ng review! Masyado ng career pag gawin ko yun hehe!

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #72 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 10:50 PM »
Sir where in sta mesa exactly is your office? Any landmarks? To the owners, have you plug the device to an avr? I read from avs and xtreamer forums that it has compatibility issues with denon avrs hdmi. Please pm me the details as well. The future firmware roadmap is good it gives the customer something to look forward too.

Offline jecr3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 11:27 PM »

sir bitstream, may i ask from what batch is these? eto na ba yung may quiet fan? i've read from the xtreamer forum that they already changed the fan for the new batches. tnx.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 11:37 PM »
Sir where in sta mesa exactly is your office? Any landmarks? To the owners, have you plug the device to an avr? I read from avs and xtreamer forums that it has compatibility issues with denon avrs hdmi. Please pm me the details as well. The future firmware roadmap is good it gives the customer something to look forward too.

PINNACLE DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
198 G. Araneta Ave.
Sta. Mesa, Quezon City

We're in the segment of Araneta Ave. that's bounded at one end by Aurora Blvd. and at the other end by E. Rodriguez.  There's a Banco de Oro directly across our facility.  We're on the same side of the road as Arlington Memorial Chapels.  Coming from Aurora Blvd and heading towards E. Rodriguez, you'll find us on the right side of the road, two buildings before a Shell gas station.

I will check on the Denon issue.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #75 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 12:40 AM »
Sir di ba nabaha yang mga stocks na yan hehe (just kidding. Araneta ave. kasi eh ;D)

Sir would you know if they have a 3.5" internal HDD plan in the works? The cost of a 2.5"  drive is holding me back.

84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 01:08 AM »
sir bitstream, may i ask from what batch is these? eto na ba yung may quiet fan? i've read from the xtreamer forum that they already changed the fan for the new batches. tnx.

These are either 3rd or 4th batch... already with the new fan.  Only 1st batch fans were loud.

Offline spoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 01:12 AM »
Sir di ba nabaha yang mga stocks na yan hehe (just kidding. Araneta ave. kasi eh ;D)

Sir would you know if they have a 3.5" internal HDD plan in the works? The cost of a 2.5"  drive is holding me back.

I agree on this. The cost of the 2.5" hard disk is high. It is not practical buying a 2.5" hard disk to be used in a media player. the cost of the 500GB 2.5" hard disk is around Php5k and I can already buy a 1TB 3.5" internal hard disk or external hard disk for that price.

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #78 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 05:18 AM »
Do you have a demo unit in the office that we can try to test its capabilities?
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 at 06:14 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:07 AM »
The lack of high def output via component video is a bummer.   Sayang for me!

Oh well, us HD-CRT die-hards must be almost extinct anyways.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer attached to PC via USB needs its power adapter
« Reply #80 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:27 AM »
I agree on this. The cost of the 2.5" hard disk is high. It is not practical buying a 2.5" hard disk to be used in a media player. the cost of the 500GB 2.5" hard disk is around Php5k and I can already buy a 1TB 3.5" internal hard disk or external hard disk for that price.

It should be possible to buy a 500GB WD 2.5" HDD for P4,600 or less.

I was told that an Xtreamer with an internal hard drive can be be used as a portable HDD, powered by USB alone.  Haven't tried it myself though.

Now how convenient is that... if the above is true, you can bring the Xtreamer to any PC and transfer files without having to bring the power adapter.  No need to search for a power outlet! Yehey!

Update as of Oct. 10, 2009:
I must have misunderstood the Xtreamer guy.  If you attach your Xtreamer to a PC using a USB slave cable, YOU WILL NEED THE POWER ADAPTER.

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
No TV in office - sorry!
« Reply #81 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:38 AM »
Do you have a demo unit in the office that we can try to test its capabilities?

Sorry, I don't have a TV in the office. 

Believe me, the picture quality is impeccable.   You only have to read independent reviews and comments all over the internet to find out that nobody's complaining about PQ!

Please visit www.xtreamer.net for online demo videos, picture galleries, etc.  You'll see what the GUI looks like, as well as learn about features and functions.

Offline leftover

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #82 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:41 AM »

hopefully this should not be the case coz i will be using my denon avr with this unit if proven to be more capable than the others. There will always be work-around but a less clutter set up is a plus for me :)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: Xtreamer can be used as a portable hard drive
« Reply #83 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:41 AM »
It should be possible to buy a 500GB WD 2.5" HDD for P4,600 or less.

I was told that an Xtreamer with an internal hard drive can be be used as a portable HDD, powered by USB alone.  Haven't tried it myself though.

panalo talaga ito. buti nalang di ako bumili kaagad ng bago for bedroom use.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #84 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:51 AM »
Can I follow up the issue on this player's reading capability over EXT/3 system. The ad says NTFS but according to leftover, the manual says this can read EXT/3. I hope this can be answered by Bitstream,. TY po :)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 09:21 AM »
hopefully this should not be the case coz i will be using my denon avr with this unit if proven to be more capable than the others. There will always be work-around but a less clutter set up is a plus for me :)

I checked out the Xtreamer forum and found a couple of posts from guys who had no picture on their TV's when connecting via HDMI 1080p/50Hz to Denon 4308 AVR's.

The last post (dated Sept 24) came from a moderator who advised:
after updating the firmware remember to go to the setting menu to do the step "Restore Default " if you did not do this step when you go Internet Youtube it will hang the player.

A few things strike me as being significant -

1. There were no more posts on the issue since then - though I have no idea if the problem was solved.

2. Out of the vast number of Xtreamer customers, only a couple of guys had HDMI handshaking issues - and both with the same Denon 4308 AVR.  If there was a problem with ALL Denon AVR's, the message boards would be flooded with posts!

3. In the Philippines, we would be connecting through 1080p/60Hz - if by any coincidence you use a Denon 4308 AVR, there MAY be a possibility that you won't have the same issue

If you decide to purchase an Xtreamer, let me know if you have any problems using it with your Denon AVR

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 09:27 AM »
Can I follow up the issue on this player's reading capability over EXT/3 system. The ad says NTFS but according to leftover, the manual says this can read EXT/3. I hope this can be answered by Bitstream,. TY po :)

After reading your message last night, I immediately corrected the initial post on this thread.  Sorry, I forgot to tell you about the correction.  Here it is:

Supported File Systems
    * FAT16
    * FAT32
    * NTFS
    * UDF
    * EXT3

Yes --- EXT3 is supported for both read/write.   Great news, huh?

And for Mac users who need HFS+ filesystem support ... it's coming soon. 

In the meantime, Mac users can use the NTFS-3G driver if they need to read/write to an NTFS drive.

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 at 09:44 AM by Bitstream »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #87 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 12:11 PM »
bitstream -- Thanks

Available na to bro ano?
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 12:22 PM »
Yes available na yan, pm you number ni Bitstream
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 at 12:22 PM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #89 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:12 PM »
I checked out the Xtreamer forum and found a couple of posts from guys who had no picture on their TV's when connecting via HDMI 1080p/50Hz to Denon 4308 AVR's.

The last post (dated Sept 24) came from a moderator who advised:
after updating the firmware remember to go to the setting menu to do the step "Restore Default " if you did not do this step when you go Internet Youtube it will hang the player.

A few things strike me as being significant -

1. There were no more posts on the issue since then - though I have no idea if the problem was solved.

2. Out of the vast number of Xtreamer customers, only a couple of guys had HDMI handshaking issues - and both with the same Denon 4308 AVR.  If there was a problem with ALL Denon AVR's, the message boards would be flooded with posts!

3. In the Philippines, we would be connecting through 1080p/60Hz - if by any coincidence you use a Denon 4308 AVR, there MAY be a possibility that you won't have the same issue

If you decide to purchase an Xtreamer, let me know if you have any problems using it with your Denon AVR

thanks for the info sir.

do I just go to your shop and buy the product? or kelangan pa reserve or something like that?

thanks!