Author Topic: Yaqin Tube Amps  (Read 49077 times)

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Yaqin Tube Amps
« Reply #30 on: Jun 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM »
Hehe, sayang nga Ivan. Layo kasi naming mga probinsyano dyan sa syudad  ;D

Natuloy ang mini EB namin nila brader Stan at Achbodom kagabi dito sa mini house namin  :D
Isa lang masasabi ko sa Yaqin VK2100... WOOOWWWW!!!!!  :o :o :o
Ngayon lang nakatikim ng ganung power yung RTi A3 ko. I can say na kahit anong speaker kayang kaya i-drive ng vk2100, kahit RTi A9 for sure mabubusog dito :D This amp can bring out the best to any speaker you will throw at it. We directly connected the analog L/R output of my Egreat S100 sa input ng vk2100. Vocals became clearer and "cleaner" compared to my Onkyo AVR set at pure audio. I could imagine how good LSi9 would sound when driven by vk2100... Instruments separation were very detailed, you could hear sa left and right channels kung anong instrumento and tumutugtog. Ramdam na ramdam namin bawat tipa ng guitara ng Indigo Girls sa Power of Two. The best part of this is yung power consumption. At 25% volume level ng vk2100 it draws at an average of 45 watts. At 30% nasa 60 watts but at this level babatuhin na kami ng kapitbahay namin. So this amp doesn't consume too much energy kaya hindi magsasuffer Meralco bill  ;D
Anyone planning in getting a stereo amp? It is advisable to check this hybrid Yaqin out. If I have the budget I will definitely buy this in a heartbeat  ;)

ang baba pala ng power consumption nito. i want me one, kaso may pinaglalaanan na on the way  ;)

Offline gani_marantz

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:02 PM »
The yaqin MC10L sounds great good soundstage, crystal clear voice and bubbly bass...I matched with my Paradigm Titan speakers...actually I have 2 units bought in HK and I plan to sell one...if interested pls. text 09179178300 I might give a good price...

Hi! elehobby, any comment on your MC10L experience so far? Have you encountered problems with the tubes or cosmetics? I'm also researching on this MC10L or VK2100.

Offline elehobby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • ELCO Electronic Modules since 1987
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 31, 2011 at 07:26 PM »
Hi, Yaqin inform me that the MC10L is already stop in production because of circuit design changes and improvements...new models are coming better sounding we will introduce it soon...Tnxs!

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
Hi guys. Will the Yaqin Vk2100 be sufficient enough to power 4ohms speakers such as Dynaudio Audience 42?
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
May I ask what is the primary function of Yaqin CD3 Input Tube Buffer? When is the time that we must buy this unit?  ;D
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline George SJ

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • PCCian 95....Mabuhay ang kumbento boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 08:38 PM »
May I ask what is the primary function of Yaqin CD3 Input Tube Buffer? When is the time that we must buy this unit?  ;D

My Set-up cheap cdp-->cd3 tube buffer-->Sakura Av200T amplifier-->DIY speakers...

sir, I've been using cd3 for maybe 3 or 4 months already. I'm not an electronic graduate or a music guru. These are my experiences for the pass few months.
Positive outcome:
 If you're using a cheap cdplayer just like mine, bought at the streets of manila and not even china made. This tube buffer is good for you. It widens your sound stage. Much cleaner and clearer sound frequencies. It also helps when you connect an mp3 player. You can really hear the difference. With and Without the tube buffer.

Negative outcome:
 I tested it to a highend setup. All Cayin line up from cdp to pre-amp and mono SET tube. It didn't work. It suppresses the quality of music. We put an audiophile voice software. Mid-frequency went up. The singer is there in front of you. But the instruments were not that emphasize. The sound stage from wide to narrow. All at the center.

Sir, please do an audition of the cd3 first then decide. if you have a higher kind of set up that i have. And if you have Tube cd player, NAD, Rotel, or any cd player that is greater or equal to those that i've mention. Don't buy cd3. IMHO.  ;) ;) ;)
Technics sl1200mk3, Onkyo CDP
TonyT tube pre-amp
Numark 2ch mixer
Sansui AU D907 Gextra
A-AUDIO

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 05:58 AM »
Thank you majorkonig. ;D
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 09:45 PM »

My Set-up cheap cdp-->cd3 tube buffer-->Sakura Av200T amplifier-->DIY speakers...

sir, I've been using cd3 for maybe 3 or 4 months already. I'm not an electronic graduate or a music guru. These are my experiences for the pass few months.
Positive outcome:
 If you're using a cheap cdplayer just like mine, bought at the streets of manila and not even china made. This tube buffer is good for you. It widens your sound stage. Much cleaner and clearer sound frequencies. It also helps when you connect an mp3 player. You can really hear the difference. With and Without the tube buffer.

Negative outcome:
 I tested it to a highend setup. All Cayin line up from cdp to pre-amp and mono SET tube. It didn't work. It suppresses the quality of music. We put an audiophile voice software. Mid-frequency went up. The singer is there in front of you. But the instruments were not that emphasize. The sound stage from wide to narrow. All at the center.

Sir, please do an audition of the cd3 first then decide. if you have a higher kind of set up that i have. And if you have Tube cd player, NAD, Rotel, or any cd player that is greater or equal to those that i've mention. Don't buy cd3. IMHO.  ;) ;) ;)

Very informative input sir. In your 'cheap' setup, does the tube buffer help tame the sibilance of the amp? I have a similar 'cheap' setup, a sakura av400 (later version of the av200), but the sibilance is too pronounced. Am thinking of getting a tube buffer from Sir Tony. TIA!
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM by ubunterror »

Offline George SJ

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • PCCian 95....Mabuhay ang kumbento boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 02:04 AM »
sir ubunterror,

yes in some software material, it tamed the sibilance of the sakura. but not all. if the material came from a poor quality form of music let say mp3 file, it depends how it was burnt. So different if you use audio cd player. But if very evident with the change in the SQ and sound stage between with or without cd3.

about your plan of getting a tube buffer of sir tony,
 If you are referring to tonyt of pasig, i have a tube pre-amp made by tonyt. It was the best. it has 2 inputs. cd and phono. And i connect it to my sakura av200t. I'm not that guru type of a critical listener but whenever sir tonyt finished a project, he immediately call my attention so we can evaluate it. His tube buffer and pre-amp that was so small can perform well. I recommend that you should bring your sakura amp in order for you evaluate. Im not his sidekick or partner in business, but try it for yourself. if those tube buffers will work for your sakura amp.

Going back to our topic, i only used my yaqin cd3, placed in between the cdplayer and the amp. Just dont used the cd3 if you have a well known cdplayer and a perfect amp. Sayang lang ang cd3 kung magaganda naman ang set up. Just like what i've said in a negative outcome if being used to a highend set up. IMHO.

george
Technics sl1200mk3, Onkyo CDP
TonyT tube pre-amp
Numark 2ch mixer
Sansui AU D907 Gextra
A-AUDIO

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
sir ubunterror,

yes in some software material, it tamed the sibilance of the sakura. but not all. if the material came from a poor quality form of music let say mp3 file, it depends how it was burnt. So different if you use audio cd player. But if very evident with the change in the SQ and sound stage between with or without cd3.

about your plan of getting a tube buffer of sir tony,
 If you are referring to tonyt of pasig, i have a tube pre-amp made by tonyt. It was the best. it has 2 inputs. cd and phono. And i connect it to my sakura av200t. I'm not that guru type of a critical listener but whenever sir tonyt finished a project, he immediately call my attention so we can evaluate it. His tube buffer and pre-amp that was so small can perform well. I recommend that you should bring your sakura amp in order for you evaluate. Im not his sidekick or partner in business, but try it for yourself. if those tube buffers will work for your sakura amp.

Going back to our topic, i only used my yaqin cd3, placed in between the cdplayer and the amp. Just dont used the cd3 if you have a well known cdplayer and a perfect amp. Sayang lang ang cd3 kung magaganda naman ang set up. Just like what i've said in a negative outcome if being used to a highend set up. IMHO.

george

Thanks for the reply sir George, really very useful. You can use pala a tube preamp with the integrated, it will be like using a tube buffer with attenuator. Yes it was sir TonyT I was referring to, and his tube buffers and preamps are very reasonably priced too. Will conact him in the very near future.

Many thanks again!
Alvin

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply sir George, really very useful. You can use pala a tube preamp with the integrated, it will be like using a tube buffer with attenuator. Yes it was sir TonyT I was referring to, and his tube buffers and preamps are very reasonably priced too. Will conact him in the very near future.

Many thanks again!
Alvin

Hi Alvin, heres a good article from Val A. Villanueva of Philippine Star,

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=728338&publicationSubCategoryId=449

and a youtube video which is "kind off" related to it.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_QDhjqthE

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM »
Hi Alvin, heres a good article from Val A. Villanueva of Philippine Star,

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=728338&publicationSubCategoryId=449

and a youtube video which is "kind off" related to it.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_QDhjqthE

Thanks sir Ivan, very useful links.

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #42 on: Apr 03, 2013 at 07:29 AM »
Any Yaqin vk2100 owners in the community? Have you tried tube rolling on this? I just bought a very good second hand vk2100, what replacement tubes can you recommend and where to get these? Newbie lang po sa tubes here.   :-[ TIA

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #43 on: Apr 03, 2013 at 08:51 AM »
i did have a yaqin vk2100 few years back. as far as i remember, tube rolling did not much difference. i was using a pricey tube back then (sorry i forgot the brand). perhaps the yaqin tube is good after all.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 03, 2013 at 09:42 AM »
Any Yaqin vk2100 owners in the community? Have you tried tube rolling on this? I just bought a very good second hand vk2100, what replacement tubes can you recommend and where to get these? Newbie lang po sa tubes here.   :-[ TIA

are you having issues? if not i'd say just leave it be....

tube rolling can be a double edged sword, you can be rewarded or you can end up with a stock of tubes for measly gain that is very subtle for the cost of tubes....but hey it's your money.....:D

i remember someone changed his 4 x 6922 tubes in an SP9 clone to a Russian 6H1P's, net effect was like having 8 tubes instead of 4, as a consequence his power traffo burned out, it was marginal to begin with and the doubled load was too much for the power traffo to handle....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 07:12 AM »
Kayo ang mga guro dito, i think i have to follow your advise  ;D ;D Yung pinalitan ng Yaqin ay isang vintage NAD 3100. Yaqin has slight edge in the mids and highs dept. but the NAD was superior when it comes to low frequency. The NAD is now being enjoyed by another Pdvd member though.  ;D ;D

Will a CD tube buffer improve further the sound of yaqin? Thanks very much.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 08:11 AM »
Kayo ang mga guro dito, i think i have to follow your advise  ;D ;D Yung pinalitan ng Yaqin ay isang vintage NAD 3100. Yaqin has slight edge in the mids and highs dept. but the NAD was superior when it comes to low frequency. The NAD is now being enjoyed by another Pdvd member though.  ;D ;D

if you're going to add cd tube buffer i think magiging redundant lang or kung magkaroon man ng improvement kumbaga hindi sulit because tube na ang preamp section ng vk2100. the best use for tube buffer is if your using solid state amp/integrated then you want the tube sound.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 09:15 AM »
agreed, tube buffers are for those using laptops, ipads and other mp3 devices into a solid state amplifier, a la Sakura AV200...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #48 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 09:22 AM »

Simplest answer is a No. Tube/Solid State buffers are not EQ devices nor miracle workers. :)

Whatever you do to the Yaqin will only be in vain. The limiting device there is the output transformer, unless you replace it with something that will saturate well below 20Hz then you can't expect that amp to go real low.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 09:48 AM »
jojo, the amp in question here is a "hybrid amp", tube front-ends and mosfet output if i am not mistaken...:D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 10:07 AM »
jojo, the amp in question here is a "hybrid amp", tube front-ends and mosfet output if i am not mistaken...:D

Really? Thanks for clarifying. :D

Well this is going to be the first time I heard a hybrid that doesn't go very low. I read that the user's former amp is a NAD, it is for it's design a dark sounding amp, but a hybrid that has an ss output sec can surely reproduce lot's of weight on the lower region unless it is designed otherwise.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 10:12 AM »
you remember an Aussie guy got banned at diyaudio? he claims to have designed this hybrid amps.....:D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 10:16 AM »
you remember an Aussie guy got banned at diyaudio? he claims to have designed this hybrid amps.....:D

nope... so from Aussie to China? ;D

But I clearly remember someone posting a valid looking schematic of one of their tube amps... but I got so mad to see a single npn transistor (probably a high voltage mpsa42) acting as a phase splitter!!! wtf!!!

Isang triode na lang per channel pinagtipiran pa tsk tsk tsk...

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 10:20 AM »
the Chinese can clone anything, they  have all the means....

Broskie invented the Aikido which was used and of course the mosfet output stage has been widely known since, for someone to claim to have invented it is asking too much....

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 10:35 AM »
are you telling me someone is owning up on the moskido already? geez I think I should stop with these design stuff and go out more often. :D

anyway, here's the "tube amp" that has a transistor as a phase splitter... I stand corrected, it is not an MPSA42 but a 2SD669... ;D

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #55 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 11:13 AM »
Yaqin has slight edge in the mids and highs dept. but the NAD was superior when it comes to low frequency.  ;D ;D

baka ito na yung sinasabi ng ilang nakausap ko na manipis tumunog ang mga Yaqin? :( kaya ang sagot ko, "tunog lata?"

'di naman siguro at wag naman... ganda pa naman ng porma.

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 12:28 PM »
Actually, the bass output of Yaqin vk2100 is already very good. I said that (imho) nad is way better. BTW i'm using a Wharfedale Valdus 4.

Anyway, thanks sa mga sagot mga gurus. At least makakatipid ako pag di na ako bumili ng tube buffer hehe. Will look na lang for a better speakers siguro.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 12:38 PM »
so the lesson learned here, go for the best amplifier speaker matching....

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 01:01 PM »
baka ito na yung sinasabi ng ilang nakausap ko na manipis tumunog ang mga Yaqin? :( kaya ang sagot ko, "tunog lata?"

'di naman siguro at wag naman... ganda pa naman ng porma.

hindi naman siguro, mahirap naman mag generalize lalu na pag hindi actual testing diba...

Actually, the bass output of Yaqin vk2100 is already very good. I said that (imho) nad is way better. BTW i'm using a Wharfedale Valdus 4.

Anyway, thanks sa mga sagot mga gurus. At least makakatipid ako pag di na ako bumili ng tube buffer hehe. Will look na lang for a better speakers siguro.

You are right, ymmv as always and it is a balancing act really. I guess that's where we derive our joy in this hobby's adventure...

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 01:05 PM »
are you telling me someone is owning up on the moskido already? geez I think I should stop with these design stuff and go out more often. :D

anyway, here's the "tube amp" that has a transistor as a phase splitter... I stand corrected, it is not an MPSA42 but a 2SD669... ;D

ot na tayo, pero you have to give it to the Chinese, they can imagine more things that we can not....