Author Topic: After Sales Service Thread  (Read 942 times)

Offline greatbop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
After Sales Service Thread
« on: Jan 21, 2004 at 11:32 AM »
Speaker: Energy Veritas 2.2
Problem: Seized/ Frozen woofer
Warranty: Yes. 5 yrs, btw!
Place Repaired: n/a
Time: n/a
Comments: Just gave Energy Canada a phone call. And they sent me replacement woofers free of charge. no questions asked. the replacement took me just 30 seconds per speaker.

Speaker: Paradigm PDR 10
Problem: No power
Repaired: Paradigm Retailer.
No charge
warranty: 1 yr on amp, 5 years on woofer

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2009 at 05:54 AM by iiinas »

Offline jrcrunch

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
this should be a sticky esp for possible problems on our tvs. infos need to be shared for new, current and future tv users
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2009 at 05:56 AM by iiinas »

Offline doods

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 06:35 PM »
Hi guys! I just want to share my story and maybe you can help me out on what to do. I both a panasonic 42PV80 3 months ago at S&S. After 1 month of use a 5 inch thick black bar suddenly appeared at the center. I brought it back to S&S for repair and waited a month for them to bring me back my TV. When they returned my TV I was surprised that it did not match the serial number on my original receipt. I then called S&S about this issue and I was told that the broken TV was irreparable and the cost of repairing it is like buying a new TV so they decided to give me a new one. I then asked the girl on the other line that if the TV is new where’s the box? They even forgot to include the power cable, there are dents on the back were you put the wall mount (might suggest that the TV was previously wall mounted) there were scratches on the TV stand. Bottom line is, TV was obviously used.

Is this right? Should I demand that they repair my TV or should I stick to what they gave me? Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 06:37 AM »
Hi guys! I just want to share my story and maybe you can help me out on what to do. I both a panasonic 42PV80 3 months ago at S&S. After 1 month of use a 5 inch thick black bar suddenly appeared at the center. I brought it back to S&S for repair and waited a month for them to bring me back my TV. When they returned my TV I was surprised that it did not match the serial number on my original receipt. I then called S&S about this issue and I was told that the broken TV was irreparable and the cost of repairing it is like buying a new TV so they decided to give me a new one. I then asked the girl on the other line that if the TV is new where’s the box? They even forgot to include the power cable, there are dents on the back were you put the wall mount (might suggest that the TV was previously wall mounted) there were scratches on the TV stand. Bottom line is, TV was obviously used.

Is this right? Should I demand that they repair my TV or should I stick to what they gave me? Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance!

i think to demand for repairing your old tv might not be the solution, because the black bars might be a problem with the panel itself, so it is pretty much non repairable, having said that, the issue here is their claim of giving you a new unit when in fact based on your observation (dents and scratches etc) the unit they delivered was obviously a used unit. so i suggest you pm sir vic (the owner) of your predicament and tell him that you expect the replacement should be a brand new unit. i think he is a reasonable man.

btw, is your unit a grey unit or a unit with local pana warranty?

Offline jrcrunch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 10:29 AM »
i think to demand for repairing your old tv might not be the solution, because the black bars might be a problem with the panel itself, so it is pretty much non repairable, having said that, the issue here is their claim of giving you a new unit when in fact based on your observation (dents and scratches etc) the unit they delivered was obviously a used unit. so i suggest you pm sir vic (the owner) of your predicament and tell him that you expect the replacement should be a brand new unit. i think he is a reasonable man.

btw, is your unit a grey unit or a unit with local pana warranty?

yep.. a month used tv should be replacable! the replacement unit could have been older. better ask for a new one.

Offline doods

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 07:11 AM »
Already pm sir vic. Thanks for the help guys.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2009 at 05:57 AM by iiinas »

Offline kalash

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 10:27 AM »
Already pm sir vic. Thanks for the help guys.
Pls. keep us posted.

We had the same scenario too with our PV80 but ours was a green bar after 1 month use, we told SnS regarding the problem and they immediately delivered a brand new unit with box and got the old unit, no questions asked. Hopefully, your problem gets resolved.

Offline jrcrunch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 11:26 PM »
hopefully more will share experiences. High Def tvs are no joke. esp 42inches above :)