Author Topic: LCD , Plasma and Laser TV Price Watch -- Part 2 --  (Read 439747 times)

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LCD , Plasma and Laser TV Price Watch -- Part 2 --
« Reply #1110 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 04:39 PM »
Question lang po kasi this is where I often get confused. I always see people saying Plasmas have very high power consumption as compared to LCD's, and they should stay away from it unless you're willing to pay high electricity rates. Pero as i've been searching around, i've noticed na they're almost the same in power consumption (except LED na mababa naman talaga).

Take the Panasonic 42X30 for example, it's only 200w. Pero I saw the LG 42LK450, it's at 205w. Saw a TCL, Sony and a Sanyo, all smaller than the Pana @ 40", all at 180w.

I don't see that much difference... what am I missing?

TIA.

the 42LK450 is 180w plus it's Full-HD.

But yeah, relatively, 180w and 200w isn't that big a difference.

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1111 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 04:44 PM »
yea nabasa ko nga yung thread na yun and napag-isip din ako. but then naisip ko baka swertehin ako sa model na makuha ko? (talking about backlight bleed) heheh

and i'm not one to turn on the 'soap opera mode' features on a tv set. i prefer my movies with all the blurs as intended by its creators.

still, i strongly considered the plasma versions, but the units i saw on SM Appliance Baguio, all of them had jaggies on the edges of sharp objects in the picture. and i can clearly see the pixels in them when i get close enough. are all plasmas like this or did the store intentionally put out a horrid selection of plasma tvs in order to sell more LED backlit ones?

I have a friend who has an LG 42" Plasma can't remember the model but I think it's 42PJ or PT350, something like that.

It's a 42" 720p resolution plasmas and I agree plasmas PQ are okay but because it's a 720p, you can really see the jaggies, especially when you turn on the menu/home. The lines, especially diagonal ones, are really jagged, unlike in a 1080p TV where the lines are much smoother.

But they are correct in saying kung mga 6 feet or more and viewing distance mo, di mo na masyado mapapansin yan.

Offline boredtoday

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1112 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 06:32 PM »
if you ask me,dont push your luck. 2 new units is what i got and both had the same issue. serial numbers are off by 100 so its not of the same batch i guess. mahirap na.

hmmmmnn... you're really making me rethink my choice for a tv set here, hahah!

currently, i am now looking for a good 40' plasma as heat should not be a problem here (in baguio) and we use our tv for 1 movie and then turn it off immediately anyway so we're not expecting a big spike in electric bill as well.

may suggestion ka ba bro?

I have a friend who has an LG 42" Plasma can't remember the model but I think it's 42PJ or PT350, something like that.

It's a 42" 720p resolution plasmas and I agree plasmas PQ are okay but because it's a 720p, you can really see the jaggies, especially when you turn on the menu/home. The lines, especially diagonal ones, are really jagged, unlike in a 1080p TV where the lines are much smoother.

But they are correct in saying kung mga 6 feet or more and viewing distance mo, di mo na masyado mapapansin yan.

tama, sakto! yan ang napansin ko yung diagonal lines kitang kita yung jaggies. :( sa 1080p plasma kaya wala na yun? i don't care kung 6 feet away or 50 feet away ako manuod ng tv, hindi ako matatahimik kung aware ako na hindi ganun kaganda yung PQ ng tv ko which i spent so much on.

any suggestions?

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1113 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 06:41 PM »

currently, i am now looking for a good 40' plasma as heat should not be a problem here (in baguio) and we use our tv for 1 movie and then turn it off immediately anyway so we're not expecting a big spike in electric bill as well.

may suggestion ka ba bro?

tama, sakto! yan ang napansin ko yung diagonal lines kitang kita yung jaggies. :( sa 1080p plasma kaya wala na yun? i don't care kung 6 feet away or 50 feet away ako manuod ng tv, hindi ako matatahimik kung aware ako na hindi ganun kaganda yung PQ ng tv ko which i spent so much on.

any suggestions?

Ilang feet/meters ba above sea level ang Baguio? I read plasmas are not good for high altitudes.  read:

http://www.squidoo.com/high-altitude-plasma-tv-from-pioneer

Why do plasma TVs have problems at high altitude, and how are they affected?
Why do plasma TVs have problems at high altitude, and how are they affected?
High altitude pressure affects *all* plasma televisions because thin air stresses the natural gases (argon, neon, and xenon ) inside the televisions' glass envelopes. During stress, thin air pressure affects the gases that surround the envelopes (N2 and O2) and creates an imbalance from enveloped pressure increases and surrounding pressure decreases.

Before plasma TV's leave the factory, they're calibrated to adjust to this stress at sea level. Depending on your area, that calibration varies. Should you move and transport your plasma TV just a minimum of 500 feet above that calibration, you could notice a significant difference in quality.

You won't notice a visual difference - you'll notice that the television's fans or cooling system runs more frequently and louder instead - all in an effort to keep the TV's display element at a safe temperature. This of course places additional strain on the unit's motors and even through regular use; the strain decreases the unit's longevity. A plasma TV's average lifespan is 12-17 years, and that's at a 4-6 hour a day usage rate.

The best way to determine whether a plasma TV is appropriate for your home is to view it at the same level in which it will be used *prior* to purchasing one. Most plasma TV's function fine under 5500 feet and anything over that could present a problem. That is unless you're viewing a high-altitude plasma TV from Pioneer.

pero siguro naman Baguio's altitude won't make a significant effect on the TV.

Offline boredtoday

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1114 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 07:18 PM »
i did a quick google, but i get differing values as to how high is baguio above sea level. some say about as low as 1000 feet and others say up to 5100 feet. both below the 5500feet threshold. okay lang kaya?

i'm currently looking at LG 2011 42PW350, pero 720p lang yata ito, so, jaggies. :(
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2011 at 07:19 PM by boredtoday »

Offline cryptile

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1115 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 08:02 PM »
im also from baguio and eyeing for panasonic 42x30 for dvd rips and br rips and retain our crt tv for cable viewing...  I think panasonic plasmas from 2010 and beyond dont suffer from altitude problems below 7000ft.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I may be getting this in late november to early december. I really want to get an led before but every article gives me the knowledge that plasmas generally have better overall image quality than leds and i am really bothered by backlight bleeding from my led monitors that i use in my pc's. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline chrisbn01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1116 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:47 PM »

the 42LK450 is 180w plus it's Full-HD.

But yeah, relatively, 180w and 200w isn't that big a difference.

This says 205: http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-42LK450.jsp

Re: FullHD yeah, but i've also read that 720p plasma, specially from Pana, is just as good as a FullHD LCD when it's less than 50".

But say, we compare FullHD's only. Pana P50X30V is 320w and it's Plasma FullHD, while a typical FullHD 47" LCD (I don't think there's a 50") would be between 250-270w. I still think 50w won't make that much difference in your monthly bill, plus consider the added 3" from those models mentioned. 
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2011 at 10:50 PM by chrisbn01 »

Offline arnarn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1117 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:46 AM »
i think the 50x30 is also 720p. my previous 50pk550r is an lg 50 fullhd plasma. its power consumption is around 400-450W. mejo ramdam ang pagtaas ng elecrtic bill. around 500-700 pesos ang increase.
43D450>>HT805PM>>Xtreamer>>2TB WD MyBook

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1118 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:55 AM »
This says 205: http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-42LK450.jsp

Re: FullHD yeah, but i've also read that 720p plasma, specially from Pana, is just as good as a FullHD LCD when it's less than 50".

But say, we compare FullHD's only. Pana P50X30V is 320w and it's Plasma FullHD, while a typical FullHD 47" LCD (I don't think there's a 50") would be between 250-270w. I still think 50w won't make that much difference in your monthly bill, plus consider the added 3" from those models mentioned. 

50X30 is hd ready only plasma, rated at 250 watts.
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #1119 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 06:24 AM »

stick to LCD muna ako.well,try mo din.ok naman sila pagdating sa warranty. they are processing my refund already and i dont think it will take 2 weeks as they are in constant communication with me. they called me again yesterday e. they are the ones who will pick up the unit sa bahay once the refund has been made. i still have days to enjoy the tv i guess. then bili na ako LCD ulit.parang gusto ko na mag splurge e.na frustrate ako. bili na lang ng 32 ulit then PJ!  ;D   ;)

Offline chrisbn01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1121 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:24 AM »

I have LG's manual and it says:

32LK450 - 1.2A/120W
37LK450 - 1.6A/160W
42LK450 - 1.8A/180W
47LK450 - 2.3A/230W

And the P50x30 in this panasonic site says it's 720p: http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Pages/TH-P50X30.aspx

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1122 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:54 AM »
^ Ah ok, the .ph site is wrong then.

Probably.

Even Vic of SNS posted here: http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,135930.0.html  that both 42x30 and 50x30 are 720p sets.

Offline akoposilester

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
hi guys. planning to buy sana LED TV.
21-27inch sana pero budget ko 15K lang meron ba?
salamat po ng madami.
usually TV at movie lang gagawin via NMT.

follow up ko lang mga bossing

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 12:48 PM »

KTC brand, baka 32" pa yang mabili mo sa budget mo

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1125 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:06 PM »
Ok naman ang lcd ah. kung tutuusin mas ok nga kasi kahit sa liwanag ok kesa sa plasma. kung talagang plasma ang gusto nyo make sure na well ventilated and best kung naka a/c ka.

Marami ang nagsasabing kung naafford mong bumili ng lcd/plasma di mo na poproblemahin ang kuryente pero paano naman kung sadyang pinag-ipunan mo lang ang tv? Sa akin mas mabuti na yung mababa ang power consumption lalo na kung maghapong on ang tv. Then wag kayo masyadong paapekto sa mga comments ng iba sa kung alin ang mas maganda. Sabi nila plasma. Pagtabihin nyo ang plasma at lcd then kung alin ang ok then timbangin nyo na lang. Para sa akin, lcd ng sony o tosh ang target ko in that order.  ;)

Offline cryptile

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:18 PM »
ok nman talaga lcd e.. 20 nga gamit ko sa shop ko e with another in my room... un lang mapili ako at lagi ko napapnsin backlight bleeding especially sa dark scenes ng movies. Kaya i wanna try plasma.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline chrisbn01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 04:35 PM »

Pasok sa budget mo ang LG 26LV2500.

Offline -octate-

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM »
any new price updates this October???

pls share.....tnx :))

Offline arnarn

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: Nov 01, 2011 at 05:19 AM »
share ko lang nakita kong tv sa sm appliance megamall. LG 32LE5300 naka 30% discount. bale 21k na lang ang final price. :)
43D450>>HT805PM>>Xtreamer>>2TB WD MyBook

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #1130 on: Nov 01, 2011 at 01:09 PM »
LA40D550 @ 30.5K

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1131 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 09:55 PM »
Sir Vic. I bought two TVs na from you: Panasonic 32LX70 in 2007 and Toshiba 40cv700 in 2010. Plan to buy a good 46" to 51" LED TV or a 42" to 51" 3D TV (LED or Plasma).

Pa-PM po naman ng prices for these kinds of TVs. Thanks! 

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1132 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM »
saw sony lcd and led tv's at automatic center @ 0 interest 3years to pay.starting at P639.00 ata for 32" lcd.these are available for hsbc cardholders only

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #1133 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:28 PM »
besides cdrking is there a better place to buy wall mount tv for 55"? thanks

which is better? tiltable or ultra slim?

does ultra slim really look coller than tiltable? napansin ko lang kasi ultraslim is half price of tiltable... will there be a problem if i get an ultraslim?

thanks

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #1134 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
besides cdrking is there a better place to buy wall mount tv for 55"? thanks

which is better? tiltable or ultra slim?

does ultra slim really look coller than tiltable? napansin ko lang kasi ultraslim is half price of tiltable... will there be a problem if i get an ultraslim?

thanks

Hi ^bro, you can get the sabre brand if you are looking for a good alternative.

As for whether tiltable or fix, it depends on your requirement talaga. Ime no need for the tilt function, mas ok yung swing type Kung needed. Otherwise fix type will do and it's a lot cheaper. :)

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1135 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM »
ic... salamat sir ricky.. unfortunately.. i dont have much budget for the wall mount.. hehe

mine is from cdrking... tiltable... 1280 yata... (patusok po kasi yung hdmi ng ledtv ko papunta sa panel)
yung sa dad ko po kasi... pagilid ang kabit ng mga hdmi kaya iniisip ko baka pwede yung ultraslim:D
but may nakita po kasi ako fixed for upto 60" tv... just for 600php... baka yun nalang po kunin ko.. at mura pa

actually yan dalawa lang naman po choice ko.. gusto ko po yung sinasabi niyo swing type.. kayalang:( hehe sadly.. ayaw ko na po muna gumastos.. hehe

bumili ako ng swingtype.. 4 yrs ago.. for my 32.. hehe andito parin sakin ngayon bnew parin nasa box.. :( bought it abroad.. 99$ +tax... :(kayalang di ko na magamit upto 42" lang kasi yata yun..

thanks...
pasensiya na... dito po ako nagtanong sa pricewatch... medyo isip ko kasi pricewatch ng wallmount.. hehe ayaw ko napo kasi magbukas ng isa pang thread just for the wallmount i will ask.. baka dadami lang thread na... magiging storbo dito..

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #1136 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 08:51 PM »
ic... salamat sir ricky.. unfortunately.. i dont have much budget for the wall mount.. hehe

mine is from cdrking... tiltable... 1280 yata... (patusok po kasi yung hdmi ng ledtv ko papunta sa panel)
yung sa dad ko po kasi... pagilid ang kabit ng mga hdmi kaya iniisip ko baka pwede yung ultraslim:D
but may nakita po kasi ako fixed for upto 60" tv... just for 600php... baka yun nalang po kunin ko.. at mura pa

actually yan dalawa lang naman po choice ko.. gusto ko po yung sinasabi niyo swing type.. kayalang:( hehe sadly.. ayaw ko na po muna gumastos.. hehe

bumili ako ng swingtype.. 4 yrs ago.. for my 32.. hehe andito parin sakin ngayon bnew parin nasa box.. :( bought it abroad.. 99$ +tax... :(kayalang di ko na magamit upto 42" lang kasi yata yun..

thanks...
pasensiya na... dito po ako nagtanong sa pricewatch... medyo isip ko kasi pricewatch ng wallmount.. hehe ayaw ko napo kasi magbukas ng isa pang thread just for the wallmount i will ask.. baka dadami lang thread na... magiging storbo dito..

No problem bro, wow 600 for wall mount mura yan :). Yun swing type at tillable ko inabot almost 10t :(

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1137 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM »
pls pm me 42" to 51" LED TV pricelist..thanks!
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1138 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM »