Author Topic: Sana bumaba na din ang price ng blu-ray dito sa Pinas  (Read 1500 times)

Offline crusher19

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sana bumaba na din ang price ng blu-ray dito sa Pinas
« on: Aug 31, 2009 at 07:48 PM »
Patuloy ang pagbaba ng Blu-ray movie prices oh..

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3340

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Sana bumaba na din ang price ng blu-ray dito sa Pinas
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2009 at 01:49 PM »
HIGH DEFINITION DVDs will truly alter your standard in viewing films. Hence a lot of video afficionados clamors for Blu Ray values that is suitable for our Third World budget. Unfortunately for the pricing
"end" - the sellers who're based inside those malls won't give us our heart's desire, as long as they can. Those outrageous Blu Ray prices simply testifies that the mall-based outlets wants to extract their high, high rent from you. They do it because the rapacious Henry Sy family or their confreres like the Gokongweis, extracts their pound of flesh from their pained tenants. Hence, when you pay P1,800 for a title, it means condoning the extortionate practice of these mall owners to gouge so much from the tenants, mainly from their annual leases and the gross sales which is extracted of 10 percent, suavely going into the deep, deep pockets of the Sys.

I suggest going into the AMAZON UK route. The British pound is in the doldrums and by all means you could monetarily absorbed the UK pound-peso currency conversion. You'll find it surprising that the UK pricing for Blu Ray would come out two notches cheaper than the American Amazon, and the shipping cost is so qualifiably non-hemmorhaging. This buying route is the most economical I know, and when you take it you shed away from the monolithic stranglehold that the malls imposes on your collecting interest.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2009 at 02:23 PM »

I suggest going into the AMAZON UK route. The British pound is in the doldrums and by all means you could monetarily absorbed the UK pound-peso currency conversion. You'll find it surprising that the UK pricing for Blu Ray would come out two notches cheaper than the American Amazon, and the shipping cost is so qualifiably non-hemmorhaging. This buying route is the most economical I know, and when you take it you shed away from the monolithic stranglehold that the malls imposes on your collecting interest.

Are BD players easily made region-free as well, like DVD players?

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2009 at 03:28 PM »
REGION-FREE BR units is the de rigoir or the standard if a unit is bought from local specialty dealers. But if taken from US/North america it may not accept the Region B standard which is Europe's. My Panasonic BD35 accepts everything, even titles like Andre Rieu's classical Blu Ray which is actually for the Australian market. I urge you to try the UK route, because chances are it'll be duly welcomed by your player. I'm suggesting this idea with a reactionary attitude because the malls charges too much, and when they do sell, they - as a rule - goes for the most nauseating commonplace titles. You won't find - nor have they heard - superlative BR examples like BARAKA, THE FALL, WILD CHINA and somesuch, which would truly showcased a Blu Ray's superior resolution. I took my unit from the Tuazon's Home Theater.