Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 89933 times)

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
adding Sir iiinas to the list

1. essence
2. iiinas

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
sir streetmart

do you have HD move files or any HD files that have HD audio encoded in it..DTS-MA, TruHD etc? that is what I really want to find out if that can stream it to a capable receiver..

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
sir streetmart

do you have HD move files or any HD files that have HD audio encoded in it..DTS-MA, TruHD etc? that is what I really want to find out if that can stream it to a capable receiver..

My receiver can decode HD audio but I don't have any files with HD audio. If someone can bring an external hdd with these files, that would be great.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
ill try to download some stuff on HD demo world..

anybody have pure BDrips out there? sana someone kind enough can give us a file :D

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@ disturbed - i think i have one. Will try to check later if its been downsized or not. hehe

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
I'm really curious to check this Cinema Tube in person.
And visit streetsmarts theater again.

However, my cousins from Bacolod are here.
I'll just wait nalang for your impressions, it's my bday next month I might just gift this to myself  ;D

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Can i be temporarily be counted sir mark? Hirap talaga pag ON Call ang work at times. Ive been in hibernation mode for a while.
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Can i be temporarily be counted sir mark? Hirap talaga pag ON Call ang work at times. Ive been in hibernation mode for a while.

Hi Doc! Sure, lagay ka namin sa list.  :)

1. essence
2. iiinas
3. esi

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
dowloaded m2ts file with HD audio on demo world.. both TrueHD and DTS-HD..

san po location nyo sir streetmart? pede ako mg drop sir..hindi naman cguro mahirap i commute papunta dyan :D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
dowloaded m2ts file with HD audio on demo world.. both TrueHD and DTS-HD..

san po location nyo sir streetmart? pede ako mg drop sir..hindi naman cguro mahirap i commute papunta dyan :D

1. essence
2. iiinas
3. esi
4. disturbed

Sent u a PM

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
For those that will attend the mini EB on sat.

I will PM you the full details (address, time, contact etc.) by tonight. Thanks guys!

Offline saladmaster

• Collector
  • Liked:
For those that will attend the mini EB on sat.

I will PM you the full details (address, time, contact etc.) by tonight. Thanks guys!

pwedi ba sumama? wanted to know more info...

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
pwedi ba sumama? wanted to know more info...

Sure. TRIPLE H-D should send you PM on details. Dala ka caesar salad. Yung maraming bacon bits.  ;D ;D

1. essence
2. iiinas
3. esi
4. disturbed
5. saladmaster

Sent u a PM
[/quote]

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
Sure. TRIPLE H-D should send you PM on details. Dala ka caesar salad. Yung maraming bacon bits.  ;D ;D

1. essence
2. iiinas
3. esi
4. disturbed
5. saladmaster

Sent u a PM

di ba tom ang dating ni typhoon pepeng? tuloy pa rin ba ito?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
di ba tom ang dating ni typhoon pepeng? tuloy pa rin ba ito?

In principle, tuloy pa rin. Malayo naman ang bagyo.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
got the HD audio samples ready, If the weather will be bad I'll text you sir Mark and drop the files to you at noon or earlier

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
got the HD audio samples ready, If the weather will be bad I'll text you sir Mark and drop the files to you at noon or earlier

Ok. Thanks!

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I'll be closely monitor this. Kung malapit lang sana ako....

Offline keymaker

• Collector
  • Liked:
Kumusta yung test ng cinematube, natuloy ba? :)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Kumusta yung test ng cinematube, natuloy ba? :)

Yes, natuloy. Mini-EB lang naman. Dumating si Triple H-D and his partner. Then Iiinas, saladmaster, essence and myself.

I'd prefer that the other guys post their impressions first. We spent a lot of time with the Cinematube and the first impression you will get is that it is super-duper fast, compared to eGreat and Popcorn.

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
Yes, natuloy. Mini-EB lang naman. Dumating si Triple H-D and his partner. Then Iiinas, saladmaster, essence and myself.

I'd prefer that the other guys post their impressions first. We spent a lot of time with the Cinematube and the first impression you will get is that it is super-duper fast, compared to eGreat and Popcorn.

good pm sir,

how does it compare to ur HDPro, i believe u also got that unit..
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
will post pictures later.

as sir mark said. the unit is fast! and i mean really fast. from turning it on, its up and running in 5 seconds. recognized two 1 tb hdd in less than 10 seconds. but i guess the hd pro will do the same. one thing that struck me is the unit is made in taiwan and not the usual made in china like the other nmts/media player like popcorn, egreat, hdpro, kaiboer and the likes.

just to put things in perspective. talking to the sellers (triple hd and partner), before they decided to go with this brand/unit. they have inquired from a couple of other manufacturers (china made mostly) and as they rightly justified, briteview owners really made an impression to them, it seems to be not a fly by night company, and to launch the product in the usa says a lot (we know how they protect their consumers there, so very narrow latitude to make a mistake).

in terms of how it played, it played all files we throw at it. and one feature i really liked is, if you have a syabas based nmt (popcorn, egreat, kaiboer, hdx) you can have those and just attach a lan cable from the nmt to the cinematube, and the cinematube will recognize the nmt with hdd as part of its network! the possibilities here is that let's say your nmt is in one room (with hdd connected) then your cinematube is in your ht room, with a lan cable connected you can now play those files in the hdd that is attached to the nmt. nice feature. but again, i think its a feature hdpro can also replicate.

in terms of pq, we tested the egreat played and cinematube played movie, to be honest very little difference, negligible in my opinion. so for me, whichever unit you choose (hdpro or cinematube) you will end up a winner. it all boils down to cost. its like do you pay the extra 1000 pesos to get the fan, the internal harddrive compartment, sd card slot and having two digital output (coax and toslink) or you go 1000 pesos cheaper without all those but does the same thing basically. your choice....  ;D

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
will post pictures later.

as sir mark said. the unit is fast! and i mean really fast. from turning it on, its up and running in 5 seconds. recognized two 1 tb hdd in less than 10 seconds. but i guess the hd pro will do the same. one thing that struck me is the unit is made in taiwan and not the usual made in china like the other nmts/media player like popcorn, egreat, hdpro, kaiboer and the likes.

just to put things in perspective. talking to the sellers (triple hd and partner), before they decided to go with this brand/unit. they have inquired from a couple of other manufacturers (china made mostly) and as they rightly justified, briteview owners really made an impression to them, it seems to be not a fly by night company, and to launch the product in the usa says a lot (we know how they protect their consumers there, so very narrow latitude to make a mistake).

in terms of how it played, it played all files we throw at it. and one feature i really liked is, if you have a syabas based nmt (popcorn, egreat, kaiboer, hdx) you can have those and just attach a lan cable from the nmt to the cinematube, and the cinematube will recognize the nmt with hdd as part of its network! the possibilities here is that let's say your nmt is in one room (with hdd connected) then your cinematube is in your ht room, with a lan cable connected you can now play those files in the hdd that is attached to the nmt. nice feature. but again, i think its a feature hdpro can also replicate.

in terms of pq, we tested the egreat played and cinematube played movie, to be honest very little difference, negligible in my opinion. so for me, whichever unit you choose (hdpro or cinematube) you will end up a winner. it all boils down to cost. its like do you pay the extra 1000 pesos to get the fan, the internal harddrive compartment, sd card slot and having two digital output (coax and toslink) or you go 1000 pesos cheaper without all those but does the same thing basically. your choice....  ;D

thanks for the inputs sir iiinas.. been monitoring the developments of this at nung HD Pro. first venture into NMTs eh. ;D
currently, am converting one of my PCs to HTPC. nadale dun sa HTPC ni bro andrew/gunblade977. ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2009 at 09:09 PM by keeper »
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline jake111

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
can't wait for the review of cinematube guys! lol! ....more more more..  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2009 at 03:56 AM by jake111 »

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:

in terms of pq, we tested the egreat played and cinematube played movie, to be honest very little difference, negligible in my opinion. so for me, whichever unit you choose (hdpro or cinematube) you will end up a winner. it all boils down to cost. its like do you pay the extra 1000 pesos to get the fan, the internal harddrive compartment, sd card slot and having two digital output (coax and toslink) or you go 1000 pesos cheaper without all those but does the same thing basically. your choice....  ;D

sir iiinas, in that very little difference you've mentioned, which is ahead? egreat or cinematube?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
sir iiinas, in that very little difference you've mentioned, which is ahead? egreat or cinematube?

i would say the egreat. (but just to clarify. we use the inputs of the egreat to connect the cinematube, so in essence its using the egreat's calibrated settings. that is why its hard to comment on pq and to be honest as i said its very little.

i think we can also wait for sir mark's comment. 

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i would say the egreat. (but just to clarify. we use the inputs of the egreat to connect the cinematube, so in essence its using the egreat's calibrated settings. that is why its hard to comment on pq and to be honest as i said its very little.

i think we can also wait for sir mark's comment. 

I agree. The egreat seemed to have better pq (better grayscale, especially in dark areas; fuller colors). But many times, you get this perception because the source was not properly calibrated. So I would say that we need more inputs from people.

In any case, I would agree that the difference is very slight and in most cases, people would not notice any difference at all.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Great review sir streetsmart and aynz!

I hope to be able to audition the cinematube as well, in comparison with the popcorn...I'll try the "LAN" function w/c aynz mentioned...thanks again! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
some pictures:

boxed

cinematube. shiny black plastic. the power button lights red when off and blue when its on (nice!). and the unit is very very light!!!

back portion, notice the made in taiwan badge.

main menu

inside one of the menus

sir mark (back only) and sir essence.

OT pics:

12nsd ni sir mark!!! bass you really feel!

another shot! 2 digms, 1 velo and 1 svs!!!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2009 at 10:50 PM by iiinas »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Great shots brader ;)

Got any screen grabs? ;D