Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 89981 times)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Great shots brader ;)

Got any screen grabs? ;D

thanks. yes, i have some, will try to post it next.  :)

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Sir iinas may screen pics ka rin ba for the other menus, options, and remote control? TIA

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Sir pa comment din po kung meron itong fullscreen feature or 0.9x lang like HD-PRO and kung meron itong icon list mode for browsing in addition to preview list mode. Thanks again.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Similar request sa ibang new players, can someone kindly test this device with the 81GB Godfather Trilogy Eureka and inform us the result.   Salamat po!

Offline jecr3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

can someone also test if you can connect hdmi(cinematube) to an AVR and determine if you can see video and hear audio. just wanted to make sure. thanks po.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
can someone also test if you can connect hdmi(cinematube) to an AVR and determine if you can see video and hear audio. just wanted to make sure. thanks po.

that's precisely the connection during the test. its connected to sir mark's denon 3808. works fine.  :)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:

that's precisely the connection during the test. its connected to sir mark's denon 3808. works fine.  :)

Actually, yes and no. There was a small glitch during the testing. Audio disappeared.

I have experienced the same thing with the HDPro, with both my set-up and then with the TV of my dad. In all cases, I used HDMI for both video and audio. In order to fix the audio, you need to do some silly thing like change the setup of the audio and then change it back to the original.

In the HDPro thread, you can see that at least one other guy has had a similar experience, also because he used HDMI for both video and audio. For the HDPro of my dad, I connected video via HDMI and audio via RCA stereo and it finally works fine.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the firmware for HDMI audio. It's not stable.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Does the the Cinema Tube enable the users to calibrate the Picture settings from within the unit? TIA  :)

Also, how much heat does it generate? Is the heat levels bearable?
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2009 at 05:39 PM by juancho »

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
i would say the egreat. (but just to clarify. we use the inputs of the egreat to connect the cinematube, so in essence its using the egreat's calibrated settings. that is why its hard to comment on pq and to be honest as i said its very little.

i think we can also wait for sir mark's comment. 

I agree. The egreat seemed to have better pq (better grayscale, especially in dark areas; fuller colors). But many times, you get this perception because the source was not properly calibrated. So I would say that we need more inputs from people.

In any case, I would agree that the difference is very slight and in most cases, people would not notice any difference at all.

thank you for the info sir mark and sir iiinas :)
as usual ang gaganda ng pics nyo sir iiinas :)

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@ sir iiinas - thank you for the detailed feedback on the CinemaTube :D

@ sir streetsmart - thank you for being a gracious host ;) lupit talaga ng HT set-up niyo ;D something to drool for

@ sir superman - Will be contacting you with regards sa demo unit ;) sorry naudlot tayo the other day

@ sir jecr3 - I do agree with sir streetsmart on this issue. So far all of the media players that are using realtek chips do experience this issue. I've already noted this and will be contacting the manufacturers.

To those who attended the Mini-EB, thank you again for going even though medyo pangit yung weather that day

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
@ sir iiinas - thank you for the detailed feedback on the CinemaTube :D

@ sir streetsmart - thank you for being a gracious host ;) lupit talaga ng HT set-up niyo ;D something to drool for

@ sir superman - Will be contacting you with regards sa demo unit ;) sorry naudlot tayo the other day

@ sir jecr3 - I do agree with sir streetsmart on this issue. So far all of the media players that are using realtek chips do experience this issue. I've already noted this and will be contacting the manufacturers.

To those who attended the Mini-EB, thank you again for going even though medyo pangit yung weather that day

Thanks sir!

I'll ask also Oreoshake if he's available for a comparison with his current NMT, regards!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
sorry sir mark if I was not able to go..  :'(

how about the PQ against the WDTV? is it much better or the same?

great EB! post more  ;)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sorry sir mark if I was not able to go..  :'(

how about the PQ against the WDTV? is it much better or the same?

great EB! post more  ;)

We did not do a comparison with the WDTV. When I have time, I'll do this because I have the WDTV and an HDPro (which is essentially the same as a Cinematube).

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
for this test sir mark..hdmi audio out is still erratic/unstable?

what is the firmware on the test product? Is it the latest firmware? sayang hindi na test HD audio if it can be bitstream..this is the question also bugging the people in avs..somehow nobody have tested it yet..if you have the time sir you can get HD audio sample sir and check it out..

this is my source material..I got a hold of this site from someone in pdvd too

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php

thanks

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
for this test sir mark..hdmi audio out is still erratic/unstable?

what is the firmware on the test product? Is it the latest firmware? sayang hindi na test HD audio if it can be bitstream..this is the question also bugging the people in avs..somehow nobody have tested it yet..if you have the time sir you can get HD audio sample sir and check it out..

thanks

I suppose the firmware was the latest, kasi dala naman nila Triple H-D. Dunno.

Frankly, I've never downloaded any file and I don't know how to and I don't really want to ... If you want, you can come over to my place and we can do a quick test. It would not take 5 minutes.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Question, eto ba'y siguradong pareho ang format dun sa mga full BD rips na nakukuha?   Very rarely na yung uploaders of these type of full length films will provide samples, unlike sa MKVS.  And I dont know if the ripping process they go through is the same method used to create trailers. 

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
ok sir mark will do that  :)

sir Clondalkin I am not sure..this demos are m2ts files and the HD audio are only 10s-1min long..for the test I just want to check if it can bit stream this HD audio properly..

I have no mkv file that have lossless audio or I don't even know where I can source it.  I did not even know that there are files out there that have this format.  Maybe BD ISO is another good test material but i don't have that too.

I want to test it out since If I want to upgrade my NMT, It need to play the lossless or even bitstream the audio properly..sayang ang AVR ko eh.. :D
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009 at 01:43 PM by disturbed »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ok sir mark will do that  :)

sir Clondalkin I am not sure..this demos are m2ts files and the HD audio are only 10s-1min long..for the test I just want to check if it can bit stream this HD audio properly..

I have no mkv file that have lossless audio or I don't even know where I can source it.  I did not even know that there are files out there that have this format.  Maybe BD ISO is another good test material but i don't have that too.

I want to test it out since If I want to upgrade my NMT, It need to play the lossless or even bitstream the audio properly..sayang ang AVR ko eh.. :D

In my view, the playback time of the file doesn't matter. Even if it is only a minute long, as long as the AVR recognizes it as Dolby TruHD or DTS-MA, that means that the player can handle lossless audio.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

..this demos are m2ts files and the HD audio are only 10s-1min long..for the test I just want to check if it can bit stream this HD audio properly..

HD audio bale ang main concern mo?  I have to agree with Streetsmart.  Doesnt matter how short the clip is as long as the AVR recognizes the HD soundstream passing through from the NMT.

But my concern is, these HD audiostream comes with video having bitstream of like 40mbps that you play/decode continuously for around 2 hours - that's 2x the heaviest 1080p mkvs you can find.  It's an ultra-marathon and not just a sprint.   So far, it's very frustrating to handle the combined very high bitstream video and high def audio with my PC but allegedly, the Egreat can play it well.  I'd like to believe that blindly but then based on my experience with the 31B, it cant even match with a PC in terms of playback of heavy mks - so could it handle even heavier pure BD rips better than a PC?  

If you are patient and want to be sure, can you wait until I visit Manila this Xmas?   Cant wait no?   ;D  Otherwise, 1080p DTS1.5mpbs files should be fine with NMTs.

Pero if you really want to test this player, upuan mo ng dalawang oras and dont rely on a few minutes of demo.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009 at 02:39 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
In my view, the playback time of the file doesn't matter. Even if it is only a minute long, as long as the AVR recognizes it as Dolby TruHD or DTS-MA, that means that the player can handle lossless audio.

Sir, totally agree with this comment ... hindi naman importante kung 1 minute o 3 seconds na start-up relative to the one-hour or longer time na panonood mo ng movie

OT: Sir Mark, sama ako kung may get together ulit - dalhin ko yung TVIX M6500A para ma-compare sa mga bagong players kung up to par pa rin yung PQ and SQ ... I have FLAC lossless audio file, BD rip movie, and demo vids of manufacturers for the testing...para na rin ma-test sa HT setup mo :) ...TIA
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
HD audio bale ang main concern mo?  I have to agree with Streetsmart.  Doesnt matter how short the clip is as long as the AVR recognizes the HD soundstream passing through from the NMT.

But my concern is, these HD audiostream comes with video having bitstream of like 40mbps that you play/decode continuously for around 2 hours - that's 2x the heaviest 1080p mkvs you can find.  It's an ultra-marathon and not just a sprint.   So far, it's very frustrating to handle the combined very high bitstream video and high def audio with my PC but allegedly, the Egreat can play it well.  I'd like to believe that blindly but then based on my experience with the 31B, it cant even match with a PC in terms of playback of heavy mks - so could it handle even heavier pure BD rips better than a PC?  

If you are patient and want to be sure, can you wait until I visit Manila this Xmas?   Cant wait no?   ;D  Otherwise, 1080p DTS1.5mpbs files should be fine with NMTs.

Pero if you really want to test this player, upuan mo ng dalawang oras and dont rely on a few minutes of demo.

Point well taken. Which means that a quick test of lossless audio would tell us that the player is capable of handling it but if you want to know if the player can do this in a stable manner, you may need to watch an entire movie. Or several movies.  ;D ;D

But frankly ... based on the blind test we did last year, I really don't think there's much difference between lossless and lossy audio for movies, unless you are watching a concert. Therefore, I'm personally not that excited about this. Ubos pa ang capacity ng hard drive mo.

Offline burnikulski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
But frankly ... based on the blind test we did last year, I really don't think there's much difference between lossless and lossy audio for movies, unless you are watching a concert. Therefore, I'm personally not that excited about this. Ubos pa ang capacity ng hard drive mo.

Very true. Those data that are lost during compression(for lossy HD audio of course) are the ones inaudible to the naked ear.  ;)

For video, it's a different matter.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009 at 02:58 PM by burnikulski »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Point well taken. Which means that a quick test of lossless audio would tell us that the player is capable of handling it but if you want to know if the player can do this in a stable manner, you may need to watch an entire movie. Or several movies.  ;D ;D

Yes Sir!  I mean before anyone allots 40-60GB of the hard drive space for one BD rip, siguraduhin nyo muna na kayang mabuo yung panonood ng smooth and stable.   ;)

I dont know about the HD audio, pero malinaw na malinaw nga talaga IQ ng BD rip - iba rin ang intensity ng color.   ;D - hindi ko nga lang mapanood ng stable.   :(

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
yup quick test lang naman if capable..that is my main reason..

I know that for a movie a stress test is required but yun nga I don't have any source yet..just want to make sure that this product can do it

just want to have a product kasi that can make out most of my current gears..

normally what size does a movie with lossless audio have? when you say BD rip movie..is this BD iso? or converted to mkv?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
OT: Sir Mark, sama ako kung may get together ulit - dalhin ko yung TVIX M6500A para ma-compare sa mga bagong players kung up to par pa rin yung PQ and SQ ... I have FLAC lossless audio file, BD rip movie, and demo vids of manufacturers for the testing...para na rin ma-test sa HT setup mo :) ...TIA

Nag-usap kami ni kagawad Iiinas and we have agreed not to do an NMT EB this year kasi (1) the differences in pq are likely going to be tiny and (2) we have a higher priority EB in mind  ;D.

If u want, daan ka na lang sa place ko and we can spend a Saturday afternoon doing the tests. Baka sabay natin with the lossless audio of @disturbed.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
yup quick test lang naman if capable..that is my main reason..

I know that for a movie a stress test is required but yun nga I don't have any source yet..just want to make sure that this product can do it

just want to have a product kasi that can make out most of my current gears..

normally what size does a movie with lossless audio have? when you say BD rip movie..is this BD iso? or converted to mkv?

these are the 20gb or more file. dont know if these are the isos people are talking about. but they are huge files. definitely not in mkv format.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

30-60GB ang normal range.

Kung walang HD audio, meron around 20GB-25GB.

Usual format is m2ts streams.  

BD iso is different. I think it's a transcoded version. Some people do that to make the file compatible with their players - based on my readings, they can manage to maintain the HD audiostream but Im not sure if they can maintain the IQ of the pure BD rip.

Iba rin ang mkv.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I dont know about the HD audio, pero malinaw na malinaw nga talaga IQ ng BD rip - iba rin ang intensity ng color.   ;D - hindi ko nga lang mapanood ng stable.   :(

Ahhh ... but based on the blind test last year which was participated in by more than 20 Pinoydvd members, the Popcorn already beat the Bluray.  ;D ;D

So I'm really not sure if the pq can get even better than that! I don't think so! But if you come to Manila, we can test stuff if you like.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Ahhh ... but based on the blind test last year which was participated in by more than 20 Pinoydvd members, the Popcorn already beat the Bluray.  ;D ;D

So I'm really not sure if the pq can get even better than that! I don't think so! But if you come to Manila, we can test stuff if you like.

Ok.  I'd make an earnest effort to visit you.  Thank you!!!

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
thanks for the info sir Clondalkin and sir iinas

also based on my observation..the NMT players that have the realtek chipset have the same GUI..are they really stuck with this GUI..is it a limitation on the chipset? hindi yata kasi open source katulad ng syabas or something..