Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 90000 times)

Offline burnikulski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
30-60GB ang normal range.

Kung walang HD audio, meron around 20GB-25GB.

Usual format is m2ts streams.  

BD iso is different. I think it's a transcoded version. Some people do that to make the file compatible with their players - based on my readings, they can manage to maintain the HD audiostream but Im not sure if they can maintain the IQ of the pure BD rip.

Iba rin ang mkv.

BD ISOs are simply data direct from the Bluray disc(BD Headers included), meaning you can write it to a BD if you have a BD writer and play it on a BD player. Similar to installer ISOs wherein you can write it to a blank disc and it can be used as an installer just like the original disc. The only difference perhaps is the security feature of the BD(im not sure of this), which maybe is removed in the process.

m2ts and the likes are ripped video/audio stream from the data packets of the Bluray disc(BD Headers not included)

So in essence they are the same when it comes to PQ and AQ. It just depends on the decoder/display/renderer used.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
Ok.  I'd make an earnest effort to visit you.  Thank you!!!

I'd really love it if you could prove me wrong.  ;D
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
I'd really love it if you could prove me wrong.  ;D

Somehow, I think I can.   ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
thanks for the info sir Clondalkin and sir iinas

also based on my observation..the NMT players that have the realtek chipset have the same GUI..are they really stuck with this GUI..is it a limitation on the chipset? hindi yata kasi open source katulad ng syabas or something..

i posted somewhere that the reason why the gui are similar for the three realtek players (hdpro, cinematube and soon to come egreat r1) is because the developer of the firmware is realtek itself (the chip company), so i gues its not open source.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
BD ISOs are simply data direct from the Bluray disc(BD Headers included), meaning you can write it to a BD if you have a BD writer and play it on a BD player. Similar to installer ISOs wherein you can write it to a blank disc and it can be used as an installer just like the original disc. The only difference perhaps is the security feature of the BD(im not sure of this), which maybe is removed in the process.

m2ts and the likes are ripped video/audio stream from the data packets of the Bluray disc(BD Headers not included)

So in essence they are the same when it comes to PQ and AQ. It just depends on the decoder/display/renderer used.

Thanks Burnikulski.  So the main objective of BD iso is simply to play a back-up BD-R disk?  Can you mount it to a disk emulator like DVD iso?  Thanks ulit!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Sounds to me like the difference between Dolby TruHD/DTS-MA vs. lossless multi-channel LPCM. The process is different but the end result is exactly the same. Is this right?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
Sounds to me like the difference between Dolby TruHD/DTS-MA vs. lossless multi-channel LPCM. The process is different but the end result is exactly the same. Is this right?

pq and sq may not be different. but one big difference will be once media players will have the ability to play bd isos (popcorn c-200 is rumored to be able to do this). you can actually use the menus and added features of the whole bd ripped. i think the m2ts files cant do this (correct me if im wrong).

thats why the clamor to be able to play bd isos is very high.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
pq and sq may not be different. but one big difference will be once media players will have the ability to play bd isos (popcorn c-200 is rumored to be able to do this). you can actually use the menus and added features of the whole bd ripped. i think the m2ts files cant do this (correct me if im wrong).

Ah ok .. Got it!

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
that's correct sir iiinas..parang backup ng BD disc and BD iso just like with dvds..the menus etc are there

I read from a firmware update of the MED8ER NMT (HD-Pro counterpart) that they will have this function soon..other realtek NMTs have this too..check the egreat r1.

I am planning to rip din kasi BDs kaya I want to have this feature too..

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:
Thanks Burnikulski.  So the main objective of BD iso is simply to play a back-up BD-R disk?  Can you mount it to a disk emulator like DVD iso?  Thanks ulit!

Essentially, yes. I'm not sure about the emulators though.

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:

This might be a different thing sir, because afaik, these are different formats. - i think i got this wrong.  ;D

I think, BD uses VC-1 for video encoding, and this is a derivative of MPEG2, i think. m2ts means Mpeg2 Transport Stream, so basically the 2 streams are the same in the video packets sense of it. This means that you can use the m2ts to reencode to another type of media like DVDs and the software that you use to reencode it to DVD will add DVD specific headers so that the standard DVD players will recognize it as a DVD. Same thing when you reencode it to BD, the software will add BD specific headers for it to be recognizable as a BD in standard BD players.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:09 AM by burnikulski »

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:

Precisely sir, because m2ts does not include the BD headers. So in theory, m2ts files are smaller than BD ISOs.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
I posted the demo HD audio files in avs forums and they tested it..

from blueribb

I downloaded a file called:

hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts
specs: Dolby TrueHD 7.1

Results:

Video played very choppy (streamed from my pc). No Audio played and error message in green said: "Unknown Audio Format"

I'm downloading and trying another in a few minutes.

Edit: The second file (DTS-HD MA 7.1) was even choppier (video) with no audio again.
Edit: Both files play "almost" perfectly on my pc with excellent audio.

Second attempt:

I placed 2 files on a USB flash drive and played them via HDMI (raw audio) to a brand new AV Receiver (Yamaha RX-V765) which does handle TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

Both files play the video very smoothly using the USB flash drive. File #1 plays with NO audio and green error message at top of screen: "Unknown Audio Format". File #2 plays no audio on 8 out of 10 tries with no error message. Two tries resulted in perfect audio but only the DTS LED lit on my receiver - no HD MA light.

File #1: hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts (Dolby TrueHD 7.1) These 2 files were from the source mentioned in previous posts.
File #2: hd_dts_orchestra_long_lossless.m2ts (DTS-HD MA 7.1)

and another interesting note here regarding the playback of HD audio

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17296924#post17296924

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I posted the demo HD audio files in avs forums and they tested it..

from blueribb

and another interesting note here regarding the playback of HD audio

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17296924#post17296924

Thanks for the info. Looks like that answers our question. Only the Popcorn C200 can handle lossless audio.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
yeah that might be the case

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
Sorry medyo delayed ang reply, been quite busy since Monday. Anyways here are the updates on the CinemaTube/ Realtek 1073 chip.

•   We’ve tested the Cinematube on a MAC formatted Hard drive (HFS) and its working well
•   Have tested External Dvd Rom to play dvd movies and it worked well
•   Have tested ISO (dvd rip) file and its playing well (the menus are displayed)
•   Have tested the reliability of making a playlist, working well, no issue on that
•   Cinematube is now compatible with Windows 7

Now for the 2 issues

•   Can this player bitstream HD audio Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA via HDMI so that my AVR can decode it?

--> Dolby TrueHD, Yes! if you set the audio output to “raw” then CinemaTube bitstreams Dolby TrueHD to AVR.

--->DTS-MA (7.1 CH), Partially! if you set the audio output to “raw” then CinemaTube bitstreams DTS (6.1 CH) to AVR. So here's the tricky part: even if you set the output to “raw”, CinemaTube downmixs 7.1 to 6.1 to AVR.

( these are the ones tested by our US counterpart, but we will still test it here to confirm)

•   With regards to the “Handshake” problem of the HDMI

We have tested this a few times. Now, there is no issue with regards to the audio and video being in sync. Lagi naman siya sabay. The problem that we encountered is “sometimes” when you forward/rewind the media and resume it, the audio will disappear. To fix the audio you need to do some silly thing like change the setup of the audio and then change it back to the original (courtesy of sir Streetsmart). Now this seems to be a problem with all Realtek 1073 chipsets, we have contacted the manufacturer and they will update us on when they can release a firmware on this one. Will keep you posted on this people.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 11:48 AM by TRIPLE H-D »

Offline spoon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
any updates on the ETA?

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
ETA is last week of october :) but will try to have it shipped here earlier.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Thank you for allowing me to do home audition with the Cinematube. I am currently playing Bucket List, and will do a comparison w/ the PCH-100. Will spend the whole day having a movie marathon. Thanks again. Will post my newbie comments soonest, regards!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline spoon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Triple H-D was very kind enough to lend me the cinema tube for testing. Here are my comment on the Cinema Tube.

Positives:

1.) The Unit is very light weight and it has a very sleek design.

2.) Boot up time is quick less than 5 seconds, Recognizing the external Hard Disk is also fast approximately less than 10 seconds.

3.) I Connected the Cinema Tube to our router and I access the files on my Cousin NMT and the files play smoothly. (my cousin NMT is at Third floor and I'm in 5th floor)

4.) The PQ is superb. Very little or almost no difference with the PQ on my cousin NMT.

5.) DTS Downmix to Stereo

6.) GUI is very simple and very easy to navigate.

7.) Cinema Tube is very popular in the US and I think the support for this product will be very good. The Brite-View staff are also very active in AVSFORUM and they listen to the request of their customer to improve their product.

8.) It supports HFS file system of MAC and it can read the files smoothly.

9.) You can create your own playlist for your favorite movies. you can also add the files in the network to your playlist.

10.) You can search, fast forward and rewind using the time seek function.

11.) Torrent downloading is very smooth and easy to navigate.

Negatives:

1.) There is no coaxial output for those who need it.

2.) Minor glitches on the audio when fast forwarding or rewind. (I think this can be fix via firmware update.)

3.) No Internal Hard disk bay. (not really a factor coz I prefer external drive for it is portable and I can bring it anywhere I go).

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Spoon! Very nice review!!

Sir Triple HD, thanks also for allowing me to home audition the Cinematube. Spent practically most part of my Sunday viewing movies via this NMT. Here are my newbie impressions:

1) Agree w/ everybody's observation that the unit is "light", but confident that despite it's being light, it is an NMT heavyweight :D

2) Initialization is pretty fast, as well as detection of my 3 external HDDs, also fast file recognition w/ preview :D (around 4-5seconds)

3) PQ is excellent! With my 32-inch LCD, it has the same PQ as the PCH.

4) User Interface is easy to navigate as well as fast

Sir spoon, how did you

10.) You can search, fast forward and rewind using the time seek function.

I wasn't able to do this...Thanks!

...and thanks again Sir Triple HD! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline spoon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi Spoon! Very nice review!!

Sir Triple HD, thanks also for allowing me to home audition the Cinematube. Spent practically most part of my Sunday viewing movies via this NMT. Here are my newbie impressions:

1) Agree w/ everybody's observation that the unit is "light", but confident that despite it's being light, it is an NMT heavyweight :D

2) Initialization is pretty fast, as well as detection of my 3 external HDDs, also fast file recognition w/ preview :D (around 4-5seconds)

3) PQ is excellent! With my 32-inch LCD, it has the same PQ as the PCH.

4) User Interface is easy to navigate as well as fast

Sir spoon, how did you

I wasn't able to do this...Thanks!

...and thanks again Sir Triple HD! :D

click the button "go to" beside number 0 if i'm not mistaken.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

click the button "go to" beside number 0 if i'm not mistaken.

Got it! Thanks! :D

Offline spoon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:

Offline fuzion

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Sir Triple H-D,

Very much interested with the Cinematube. Has anyone tested the torrent downloading? Is it fast and able to utilize the max bandwidth of 1mbps connection if the file is highly seeded?

I really like this feature as I can turn-off my pc, instead of leaving it all night (tipid sa kuryente)

TIA!  ;)
-----------------------------
MMMMMM!

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
Hi Sir Fuzion,
We've tested downloading torrents in the cinematube. It is working perfectly. There are some members here who got to test out the torrent feature of the cinematube ;D

Sir Triple H-D,

Very much interested with the Cinematube. Has anyone tested the torrent downloading? Is it fast and able to utilize the max bandwidth of 1mbps connection if the file is highly seeded?

I really like this feature as I can turn-off my pc, instead of leaving it all night (tipid sa kuryente)

TIA!  ;)

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
The CinemaTube is now available. Will PM those people who have already booked their orders with us. Thanks :)

Offline fuzion

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Sir Triple H-D,

Thanks for the reply and clarification. Ipon mode muna. Will PM you as soon as I have the molaaah..  ;)
-----------------------------
MMMMMM!

Offline czedryk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
my initial impression on CinemaTube...
i haven't had the time to fully play with it yet, i just watched a couple of movies (mostly 720p H.264 MKVs) over the weekend...
  • Loads fast (even with the preview on)
  • Didn't experience any hiccups on the files that i played
  • Can be used with our old dependable CRT TVs, the movie is down-scaled to match the TVs resolution
  • Gets a little hot after a few hours of use
  • Very light
  • I did experience the auto-ON "feature" when i turned it off without going to the Home screen first
  • According to my officemate who also bought 1, TS files that we recorded were played flawlessly
  • Haven't checked the firmware yet but based on their site, it seems to be the September release
  • I tried playing a damaged MKV (I can still play it using KMPlayer by moving the locator after the damage section) but was not able to play it in CT, I even tried the GOTO Time function but to no avail

All-in-all it's still a great piece of hardware, especially for its price ...
Thanks to TripleH-D for bringing it here!!! Good luck guys!!!