Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 89897 times)

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
@sir Verbal Kint - For blu-ray ISO. From what we have so far, it only plays the video. the GUI is way better now :)

@sir jepoi - For microstation, it is initially available only at Greenhills and Robinson's branch. Please try visiting theaterworks there in trinoma. I am sure they have it there :)

Offline jepoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
sarado na TW sa trinoma, boss.   :(

any other options or do i really need to save up and buy it cash?

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@sir jepoi - oh yeah, TW transferred to Tiendesitas. Try Accent Micro again. I've just talked with them ;)

Try visiting our site for a list of our dealers:) www.digilivingph.com

Offline Sojourn

• Apprentice
  • Borg Rules!!!!
  • Liked:
Hi, I'd like to know if the cinematube is truly off as in no power going to it when you press the on/off switch?  I'm currently an owner of the WDTV HD and turning it off doesn't really turn it off since the unit still remains hot though slightly cooler than when it is on.

Does the cinematube cool down when it is off?  Currently eyeing this as a possible replacement.

Thanks

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
For the Cinematube, the whole unit is off except for the light indicator. It's not hot at all when it is off :D
Hi, I'd like to know if the cinematube is truly off as in no power going to it when you press the on/off switch?  I'm currently an owner of the WDTV HD and turning it off doesn't really turn it off since the unit still remains hot though slightly cooler than when it is on.

Does the cinematube cool down when it is off?  Currently eyeing this as a possible replacement.

Thanks

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
How's the torrent downloading?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline reginald

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
just got my cinematube this afternoon at sm cyberzone.  ;D

i thing i noticed was that sound was a little bit low when i'm playing mp4/h.264 format

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
just got my cinematube this afternoon at sm cyberzone.  ;D

i thing i noticed was that sound was a little bit low when i'm playing mp4/h.264 format

saang store mo nabili?  mode of payment?

Offline reginald

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
saang store mo nabili?  mode of payment?

sa microstation sir. cash.

Offline Geren

• Collector
  • Liked:
Just tried out a 580 peso Wifi-N usb dongle from CD-R King...

AND IT WORKS!!

Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps), i tried installing it on a desktop and realized that it was using a Realtek-based chipset.  Tried it on the Tube and it got detected immediately.  Was able to connect to my N-router using WPA.

Be wary as there is a wireless dongle that looks exactly like it but is actually a different and slower type.

Bought one of these based on your tip. Works great on my Mede8er. Thanks. ;D
You are infected by SARS!
Denial is a symptom of addiction.
Resistance is futile!!!

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Hello, Does CinemaTube has time search?

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@sir andre - yes sir, the cinematube has a time search button

We're glad to announce that the wi-fi dongle for the CinemaTube is already available. You can PM me for the details since we have limited stocks only :D

Offline kidlat08

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
Ask ko lang sir how much ang wifi dongle for Cinematube?

Offline Galactus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
How's torrent downloading on this unit? 

My top 2 NMT choices are the CinemaTube and Xtreamer, but the latter doesn't have torrent DL capabilities as of yet.  Also, the price is significantly lower than PCH.

I plan on downloading torrents from the NMT, rather than the PC kasi.  Mas makonsumo sa kuryente ang PC ko eh. 
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline spoon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
How's torrent downloading on this unit? 

My top 2 NMT choices are the CinemaTube and Xtreamer, but the latter doesn't have torrent DL capabilities as of yet.  Also, the price is significantly lower than PCH.

I plan on downloading torrents from the NMT, rather than the PC kasi.  Mas makonsumo sa kuryente ang PC ko eh. 

I have been downloading torrents using my CinemaTube. So far i didn't have any problem with it. I always left it on 2-3days to finish downloading the files. The transfer speed is fast, I usually get around 100-120kbp/s. But the speed will depends on your internet connection speed.

Regarding the Xtremer, a friend who own one told me that sometimes it has problem playing the video. The screen freezes during playback.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
I've had a lot of players myself and problems with video is almost always a problem due to the source.

xtreamer and cinematube use the same SDK from realtek.

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
anong firmware gamit n'yo, yung C021 or C241 (beta)?

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
The beta allows me to access shared folders on Windows 7, the other one doesn't.  It just annoys me that it keeps asking if I want to "update".

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
TRIPLE H-D:

sent you pm

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I hope everyone gets the new beta firmware (released in Feb, I think).  There was definitely an improvement in performance.

Offline nvektus

• Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Just tried out a 580 peso Wifi-N usb dongle from CD-R King...

AND IT WORKS!!

Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps), i tried installing it on a desktop and realized that it was using a Realtek-based chipset.  Tried it on the Tube and it got detected immediately.  Was able to connect to my N-router using WPA.

Be wary as there is a wireless dongle that looks exactly like it but is actually a different and slower type.

Bought one of these based on your tip. Works great on my Mede8er. Thanks. ;D

does it play fine or stutters with 1080p files?  is the cinematube's wi-fi capable of 300mbps? 

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
does it play fine or stutters with 1080p files?  is the cinematube's wi-fi capable of 300mbps? 

The wifi bandwidth is dependent on the card and not on the device.  In the case of the CD-R King usb dongle the answer is yes.

But note that you will still see stutters if your router is not 300 Mbps capable and/or your pc/nas is slow.

Please remember that most 802.11N routers out there do not support 300 Mbps.

Offline nvektus

• Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
thanks, i'll give it a try.  my server and wifi network should be ok.

it's just odd that on brite-view's usb wi-fi page, they show a usb adapter that's capable of 300mbps and says "serious lag" for 1080 files on their performance chart?

Offline nvektus

• Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
The wifi bandwidth is dependent on the card and not on the device.  In the case of the CD-R King usb dongle the answer is yes.

But note that you will still see stutters if your router is not 300 Mbps capable and/or your pc/nas is slow.

Please remember that most 802.11N routers out there do not support 300 Mbps.

well, the device needs the proper drivers so it's a factor also.  i tried the cd-r king usb dongle and it sadly didn't work for me.  my dlink dap-1522 access point didn't get along with it.  it connected fine but can't even stream an mp3 file.  i plugged-it in on my pc and it said it's connected at 300mbps but when i tested the transfer rate it was at a measely 39KB/s.

what router are using with the cd-r king bundle btw?

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
well, the device needs the proper drivers so it's a factor also.  i tried the cd-r king usb dongle and it sadly didn't work for me.  my dlink dap-1522 access point didn't get along with it.  it connected fine but can't even stream an mp3 file.  i plugged-it in on my pc and it said it's connected at 300mbps but when i tested the transfer rate it was at a measely 39KB/s.

what router are using with the cd-r king bundle btw?

I posted the CD-R King dongle that I use for my CinemaTube.  Drivers are not a problem for it as it uses a Realtek-based chipset, which is fully compatible with Realtek-based media players.

What dongle did you buy?  If you read my post, the model number has to be the exact one as there is a similar looking dongle that will not work.  Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps) from CD-R King.

I have a Cisco 300Mbps 802.11N router.

Offline nvektus

• Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
I posted the CD-R King dongle that I use for my CinemaTube.  Drivers are not a problem for it as it uses a Realtek-based chipset, which is fully compatible with Realtek-based media players.

What dongle did you buy?  If you read my post, the model number has to be the exact one as there is a similar looking dongle that will not work.  Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps) from CD-R King.

I have a Cisco 300Mbps 802.11N router.

i bought the same exact thing. as a matter of fact, the sales lady had to go back twice to look for the item code.  she tried to give me a different one at first.  i guess realtek and dlink don't like each other.  i have another usb wifi n dongle that works just fine but not compatible with the cinematube.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i guess realtek and dlink don't like each other. 

You need to change settings in the router, try out different channels, frequencies, encryption protocols, etc.  The USB dongle that I had was not initially able to connect to my router and I had to change a few settings for it to work.

If you're not that techie, you may want to post the model number of your D-link router here, maybe we can help you out with the settings.

Offline nvektus

• Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
it's connecting to a dlink dap-1522 AP which is connected thru a gigabit ethernet to a dlink dir-655 router.  and all my media are streamed from a windows home server box.

band is set to 2.4ghz
bandwith to auto 20mhz and 40 mhz
wifi mode i tried both, N only and, N and G (dual band)
tried both with wireless security and without
i tried a couple of channels but failed so i gave up and just enabled channel scan.

according the the AP, the cdr-king dongle only has a 24% signal strength compared to my other dongle which is at 85%.  too bad, that one has a ralink chipset, not realtek.  i'm thinking or returning in exchange for another... maybe i got one with a bad antenna?

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
it's connecting to a dlink dap-1522 AP which is connected thru a gigabit ethernet to a dlink dir-655 router.  and all my media are streamed from a windows home server box.

band is set to 2.4ghz
bandwith to auto 20mhz and 40 mhz
wifi mode i tried both, N only and, N and G (dual band)
tried both with wireless security and without
i tried a couple of channels but failed so i gave up and just enabled channel scan.

according the the AP, the cdr-king dongle only has a 24% signal strength compared to my other dongle which is at 85%.  too bad, that one has a ralink chipset, not realtek.  i'm thinking or returning in exchange for another... maybe i got one with a bad antenna?

My router is set to transmit on both 2.4 and 5 GHz, I use WPA-Personal (TKIP) and not WPA2 or WEP.  I have a beacon period of 100 ms, bandwidth set at 40 MHz only. My channel setting is 1 on the US' FCC system.

Signal strength never dips below 90% from a distance of around 20 ft.

If the dongle doesn't work with similar settings, you might want to have CD-R King replace it.

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
Any new developments for this NMT???  8)