Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 90003 times)

Offline welnise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
it's connecting to a dlink dap-1522 AP which is connected thru a gigabit ethernet to a dlink dir-655 router.  and all my media are streamed from a windows home server box.

band is set to 2.4ghz
bandwith to auto 20mhz and 40 mhz
wifi mode i tried both, N only and, N and G (dual band)
tried both with wireless security and without
i tried a couple of channels but failed so i gave up and just enabled channel scan.

according the the AP, the cdr-king dongle only has a 24% signal strength compared to my other dongle which is at 85%.  too bad, that one has a ralink chipset, not realtek.  i'm thinking or returning in exchange for another... maybe i got one with a bad antenna?

sir i think, yung dir-655 problem.... yan din experience ko sa router na yan..... gamit ko sya ngayon and hirap magconnect yung ps3 ko sa upnpav..... and super laggy pag watch ng movies..... ang mahal pa naman ng router natin  :'(

Offline nvektus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • audio.video.disco
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
sir i think, yung dir-655 problem.... yan din experience ko sa router na yan..... gamit ko sya ngayon and hirap magconnect yung ps3 ko sa upnpav..... and super laggy pag watch ng movies..... ang mahal pa naman ng router natin  :'(

the dir-655 shouldn't come into equation since my server is connected to a dlink dgs-2205 gigabit switch. i added that switch since the dir-655 doesn't support jumbo frames.  but still, if your ps3 is hooked-up wired then you shouldn't have a problem. wireless? most wifi-n routers i think will not give you smooth stream on ps3?

where i'm trying to connect wireless n with the cinematube is the dap-1522 access point.  i've exchanged the cdr-king usb adapter and still can't connect.  same with my laptop.  if it can't work on a pc then i don't see how it's going to work on a cinematube with a pre-loaded drivers. i've given up for now  :(

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
sirs,
have anyone tried updating the firmware of this nmt.  sinubukan ko kasi pero i have not been successful at all.  the firmware number i get is not all reflected in their website.  baka pwede po niyo ako turuan. thanks.

Offline nlm

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
i have used an encore wifi usb dongle (wireless N) from cd-r king.

for 2 days now, it is working well with this unit.

Offline shrek250190

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
mga master..

anu pong firmware gamit nyo ng cinema tube? my nkapgupgrade n po b ng firmware ng cinema tube? thanks..

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
Hi mga sirs,
You can try updating your firmware through this link. http://www.brite-view.com/support.php . Thanks!

mga master..

anu pong firmware gamit nyo ng cinema tube? my nkapgupgrade n po b ng firmware ng cinema tube? thanks..

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
mga master..

i did. just download the update from their site and follow the procedure. it just took me a minute or two to update the firmware.  :)

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
can anyone help me use the torrent download option? dapat ba ntfs ang format ng hdisc? hindi fat32?

thanks
money is best spent

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Just jumped into the NMT fever, and I got myself the Cinematube.

How big is the firmware update?  I am trying to dl the update but I am having prolems, my dl gets cut.

TIA!

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
After so many attempts, I just completed downloading and installing the Feb 2010 fw update. So far so good. Currently downloading the latest fw (Jul 2010), sana di maputol.

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
may bago palang FW update?

hmm, ma-download nga.  pwede ba s'ya i-download sa pc them save sa external HDD?

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hmmm, after the Feb 2010 fw update, the test avi files I'm using started to stop at certain points, which does not happen when the fw was still the factory default fw. Size of the AVI's are around 200Mb plus, I am using a Buffalo 2.5" HDD.

I am still in the process of downloading an mkv file to check if the problem will occur as well.

I updated the fw using the usb. Any one experienced this problem?

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Tried different HDD's and USB sticks, but my unit would just stop and hang in any point, sometimes is I get lucky, the MV or movie would finish. Any help?

Or is it better if I ask for a replacement? I can't say that it was a problem with the files, before I updated the fw, I could play the files flawlessly, it is just when I updated the fw that I encountered this problem.

I tried looking around and there is no way to revert back to the old FW, once upgraded then, thats it.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Can't you downgrade using the boot-up method?

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
@Verbal

That would be my last resort, to revert to the original FW, but I am having problems downloading the files.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010 at 06:20 PM by son_goku »

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Because of the storm and the brown-out, I had no time reverting my CT box to its old FW. Since this has seven days replacement warranty, I opted to bring it back to Accent Micro and have it replaced.

The replacement unit I got worked flawlessly with all the media files that was stopping and hanging. I got to finish the whole movie without encountering any problems.

Now, my thoughts:
1.) The FW of the first unit I got was 500510099161, the replacement unit's FW was IPB1009B051 - Don't they release CT's with a standard FW?

2.) Should I or should I not upgrade the FW of my CT? My fear is, if I upgrade to the latest FW, I might encounter the same problem of movies stopping and torrent DL's resetting the box. I bought the CT because of that capability.

3.) What would be the difference or assurance that the Online update wont mess up my CT? What would be the major difference of doing an online Update vs the Offline update? Downloading the FW would take around 30 minutes, but if you update Online, it will only take around 10 mins???

4.) Using the 500510099161 or IPB1009B051, the CT does not totally power down, instead, it is just like rebooting the unit. After a few seconds, the CT would power up again, yes, this was fixed in FW IPB10102111, but it totally messed up how my video files played.

What is the current FW in your CT?

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Any other active CT users here? Mukhang ako na lang, waaaa!

Offline son_goku

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I have to get over the fear of updating the FW, sooner or later, my CT will definitely go through that phase.

So, I went ahead and updated my CT's FW via Ethernet connectivity (the update I did with my first CT ws through USB, in which after the updated f*%ked up my unit).

From IPB1009B051 (default FW my CT came with) > IPB10101111 > IPB10106251 (latest FW).

After the update, I tested everything. Gladly, my CT is functoning properly, no stuterring movies, no hanging videos, BT capability working properly (currently downlading an 8Gb file since last night, 50% na sya ngayun).

NOTE:
I really don't know what is the big difference in updating the FW via ethernet vs USB. As far as my research in various forums, update via USB must be done only if you want to revert back to an older FW. Update using wireless connectivity is also not recommended by many as it would take too long for it to complete.

For a 6k NMT, I'm very happy with my CT. Media player and Torrent rig at the same time. Next project, a large capacity HDD.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Hi,

im planning to get this NMT next week. can you enlighten me regarding the torrent downloader feature of this NMT? does it really work? :D also, can it output 720p/1080i through component cable? one store selling this NMT told me it can.. just want to confirm with other users.  :) thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2010 at 09:17 PM by pao625 »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Hi,

im planning to get this NMT next week. can you enlighten me regarding the torrent downloader feature of this NMT? does it really work? :D also, can it output 720p/1080i through component cable? one store selling this NMT told me it can.. just want to confirm with other users.  :) thanks! :)

Torrents:  it can download through torrents but it will never get as fast as downloading using your pc
720p/1080i: It can.

For more info from other users, I suggest you visit their message board at:

http://www.brite-viewforum.com/

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
Torrents:  it can download through torrents but it will never get as fast as downloading using your pc
720p/1080i: It can.

For more info from other users, I suggest you visit their message board at:

http://www.brite-viewforum.com/

thanks a lot sir! :D

Offline spottedbybarbie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
where did you buy your cinematube? and how much
my personal blog - http://spottedbybarbie.com

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
where did you buy your cinematube? and how much

found one @listen up glorietta last night.. P6k
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM by pao625 »

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
Hi,

I bought my CT earlier and tried to play several videos. I noticed that the sound was really low. My CT is connected to my projector via Component and connected to my yamaha AVR via toslink. I have already maxed the volume of CT but it only made it a little louder. My normal audio volume when i watch using my PS3/DVD and my AVR is -15db to -20db. But when i use this volume w/ CT, I couldn't hear any thing! i need to volume up to +5 to +10db for me to hear the normal audio which is really loud that is causing the speakers to produce noise.

Any one also having this issue? how did you solve it? thanks! ;)

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
Hi,

I bought my CT earlier and tried to play several videos. I noticed that the sound was really low. My CT is connected to my projector via Component and connected to my yamaha AVR via toslink. I have already maxed the volume of CT but it only made it a little louder. My normal audio volume when i watch using my PS3/DVD and my AVR is -15db to -20db. But when i use this volume w/ CT, I couldn't hear any thing! i need to volume up to +5 to +10db for me to hear the normal audio which is really loud that is causing the speakers to produce noise.

Any one also having this issue? how did you solve it? thanks! ;)

I updated to the latest FW last night and its still the same. I also noticed that this only happens with videos with AAC audio. Does CT have issues with AAC conversion? pls. advise. Thanks!

Offline ed123x

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

any news po ba kung kelan ang bagong labas ng FW

Offline obet25

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
ano na update sa mga users ng CT?
also, ano pala setup nyo sa preview ng movie titles. cheers!

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
may new FW na ba?

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
i'm trying the beta firmware.  so far, so good.

anyone else?

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
i'm trying the beta firmware.  so far, so good.

anyone else?

where can I download the beta FW?