Author Topic: The CinemaTube Group buy!!!! STRICTLY ONE TIME OFFER ONLY FOR THIS PRICE  (Read 41165 times)

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Hey guys,

Please state reasons for backing out.

You might know something the rest of us don't... ???

Everyone has personal reasons and mine has nothing to do with product feature or build.

My reasons why this can hold its own against the other...you know ( ;) pacquiao)

1. 5.8 k with free hdmi (let's say at least 300 pesos saved)
2. type briteview cinematube in google  and you get ton's of ads regarding this product. But reviews about it is scarce.
3. Since this is released worlwide, it is possible that firmware updates will be constant to satisfy users' requests. And mas mabilis makahanap ng sagot sa mga katanungan (avsforum pa lang swak na sa answers).
4. Heat issue should not be a major problem since this does not allot internal HDD's in the first place.
5. Using the same realtek 1073 (tama ba? tamad na ako check.) as with the others, so feature-wise, di naman ata siya magpapahuli.
6. Mas matagal yung advertised warranty so plus poiints pa din.

So don't let others decide for you. you do the research and let your budget be your guide.  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009 at 04:21 PM by Pig_Freak »

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey guys,

Please state reasons for backing out.

You might know something the rest of us don't... ???
Sir,
I have nothing against this product, i backed out since my Kumpadre emailed and adviseme that he bought one for gift to his inaanak.M suppose to put this in my son room.Now i dont need to spend.  :) :)
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009 at 05:07 PM by ZENshey »

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@ sir nogie and sir KT and sir disturbed- Yes, if there is enough demand for 6000 then we might consider it. Although i would really recommend you guys getting the 5005 instead, mas mabilis kasi update ng firmware nun. If im not mistaken, there has been 2 updates on the firmware for this week alone. For the 6000 model, we can maybe discuss it in another thread ;D para d magulo

@ sir pig_freak - i do agree with you that the reviews for this product is quite scarce for now since it was launched only last sept 21. But im pretty sure that there are gonna be some reviews coming out in the next couple of days since a lot of people in the US has been anticipating it :)

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir triple tnx for the response! i'll be watching here for any updates on the product. good luck on the NMT EB  :)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Ano ba yung mas maganda? Yung 5005 or yung 6000?

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Bluebeard
12. TOY 01
13. Alfie
14. keymaker
15. disturbed
16.  jambam
17. jambam - 2nd unit
18. Saladmaster
19. Pekspert
20. jecr3
21. jopet
22. kruger
23. nvektus
24. hubes
25. ojela61
26. Qman
27. SpdrMky77
28. jameschu
29. czedryk - 2nd unit
30. rav4me
31. czedryk - 3rd unit
32. burnikulski
33. Alfie-2nd unit
34. jerix
35. patupup
36. juanbote
37. alvinh - 2nd unit
38. keeper
39. regulus
40. ara4
41. kruger - 2nd unit
42. tony
43.essence

****updated****
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2009 at 08:35 AM by TOY 01 »
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline Bluebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Bluebeard
12. TOY 01
13. Alfie
14. keymaker
15. disturbed
16.  jambam
17. jambam - 2nd unit
18. Saladmaster
19. Pekspert
20. jecr3
21. jopet
22. kruger
23. nvektus
24. hubes
25. ojela61
26. Qman
27. SpdrMky77
28. jameschu
29. czedryk - 2nd unit
30. rav4me
31. czedryk - 3rd unit
32. burnikulski
33. Alfie-2nd unit
34. jerix
35. patupup
36. juanbote
37. alvinh - 2nd unit
38. keeper
39. regulus
40. ara4
41. kruger - 2nd unit
42. tony
43.essence

So sorry but i need to back out of this group buy. Funds allotted for this unit were borrowed by relatives affected by typhoon Ondoy.    :-[  Perhaps next batch.

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
updated

1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Alfie
12. keymaker
13. disturbed
14.  jambam
15. jambam - 2nd unit
16. Saladmaster
17. Pekspert
18. jecr3
19. jopet
20. kruger
21. nvektus
22. hubes
23. ojela61
24. Qman
25. SpdrMky77
26. jameschu
27. czedryk - 2nd unit
28. rav4me
29. czedryk - 3rd unit
30. burnikulski
31. Alfie-2nd unit
32. jerix
33. patupup
34. juanbote
35. alvinh - 2nd unit
36. keeper
37. regulus
38. ara4
39. kruger - 2nd unit
40. tony
41.essence
42. marty
43. marty- 2nd unit

@ sir bluebeard - no problem bro. Hope your relatives are okay :)

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Hi! Can you give us an ETA? Are the units on its way here na ba or do the 50 slots have to be filled before you order it from your supplier?

I have been following the AVS Forums as well on this product and would like to know if the US firmware updates be usable on the units sold here? Can you request from brite-view that they add a "playlist" function that can allow mixed media. I am not sure what the US rep in the other forum meant by adding a "search" function in the next firmware update, but can you inquire as well. I hope they mean they will add the function to save shortcuts in a list so that it will be easy to add items to the playlist from several sources/locations without having to go into  each directory/folder manually. Also if possible have a media library that contains a list of all media in all directories, that I specify in a list, which I can add to the playlist. Please forward these requests to your supplier so that they will see that these functions are also wanted here in Asia as well.

TIA

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
Hi Sir SpderMky77,

ETA for Cinematube will be from oct 15 to oct 30. Will announce it here. We have already booked this order as early as september.

Yes, all US firmware updates are applicable for the units here as well. Search funtion will be available in the next firmware update. the full details of the search function has not been informed to us. We will inform you once we get hold of the details of the search function. As for the playlist function, it is now available in the current firmware. All you need to do is choose the file that you want to add to your playlist and it will automatically be in a playlist folder.

Hi! Can you give us an ETA? Are the units on its way here na ba or do the 50 slots have to be filled before you order it from your supplier?

I have been following the AVS Forums as well on this product and would like to know if the US firmware updates be usable on the units sold here? Can you request from brite-view that they add a "playlist" function that can allow mixed media. I am not sure what the US rep in the other forum meant by adding a "search" function in the next firmware update, but can you inquire as well. I hope they mean they will add the function to save shortcuts in a list so that it will be easy to add items to the playlist from several sources/locations without having to go into  each directory/folder manually. Also if possible have a media library that contains a list of all media in all directories, that I specify in a list, which I can add to the playlist. Please forward these requests to your supplier so that they will see that these functions are also wanted here in Asia as well.

TIA

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi Sir SpderMky77,

ETA for Cinematube will be from oct 15 to oct 30. Will announce it here. We have already booked this order as early as september.

Yes, all US firmware updates are applicable for the units here as well. Search funtion will be available in the next firmware update. the full details of the search function has not been informed to us. We will inform you once we get hold of the details of the search function. As for the playlist function, it is now available in the current firmware. All you need to do is choose the file that you want to add to your playlist and it will automatically be in a playlist folder.

This will be cool. I hope it will be easy to use and setup the playlist.  ::)

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Hi Sir SpderMky77,

Thanks for the quick response. I cant wait for the units to arrive. ;D

I have other questions though.

1. I am planning to buy a WD 1TB Caviar green EADS drive for this NMT. Is that fast enough or will I have to get a faster drive to play 1080p movies with out any slowdowns or wait times during playback. I will be connecting it to the CinemaTube by way of HDD dock though the USB port.

2. If I connect a powered USB hub, will I be able use all the devices connected to the hub without any issues. For example, I connect a HDD Dock, and 2 flash drives to the usb hub, will I be able to add files to the playlist from all three drives. Or for example do a slideshow with the pics coming from the HDD and the music from the flash drives?

3. Pwede bang COD? Will there be a pickup point near the Ateneo along Katipunan? I live in Loyola heights kasi.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2009 at 09:51 PM by SpdrMky77 »

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
updated

1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Alfie
12. keymaker
13. disturbed
14.  jambam
15. jambam - 2nd unit
16. Saladmaster
17. Pekspert
18. jecr3
19. jopet
20. kruger
21. nvektus
22. hubes
23. ojela61
24. Qman
25. SpdrMky77
26. jameschu
27. czedryk - 2nd unit
28. rav4me
29. czedryk - 3rd unit
30. burnikulski
31. Alfie-2nd unit
32. jerix
33. patupup
34. juanbote
35. alvinh - 2nd unit
36. keeper
37. regulus
38. ara4
39. kruger - 2nd unit
40. tony
41.essence
42. marty
43. marty- 2nd unit

out muna ako sir Triple H-D,will work on my HTPC muna. sorry po..
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
Hi Sir SpderMky77
1. we're currently using that HD model. I don't think you're gonna have any problem with that.
2. So far, we have tested trying to make 1 playlist from 2 external HDD sources, it was playing smoothly naman and walang problem. As for the USB hub, theoretically, it should not be an issue also, but we will do a test on that too.
3. PM you on this

Thanks for the quick response. I cant wait for the units to arrive. ;D

I have other questions though.

1. I am planning to buy a WD 1TB Caviar green EADS drive for this NMT. Is that fast enough or will I have to get a faster drive to play 1080p movies with out any slowdowns or wait times during playback. I will be connecting it to the CinemaTube by way of HDD dock though the USB port.

2. If I connect a powered USB hub, will I be able use all the devices connected to the hub without any issues. For example, I connect a HDD Dock, and 2 flash drives to the usb hub, will I be able to add files to the playlist from all three drives. Or for example do a slideshow with the pics coming from the HDD and the music from the flash drives?

3. Pwede bang COD? Will there be a pickup point near the Ateneo along Katipunan? I live in Loyola heights kasi.

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
No problem Sir ;)

updated

1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Alfie
12. keymaker
13. disturbed
14.  jambam
15. jambam - 2nd unit
16. Saladmaster
17. Pekspert
18. jecr3
19. jopet
20. kruger
21. nvektus
22. hubes
23. ojela61
24. Qman
25. SpdrMky77
26. jameschu
27. czedryk - 2nd unit
28. rav4me
29. czedryk - 3rd unit
30. burnikulski
31. Alfie-2nd unit
32. jerix
33. patupup
34. juanbote
35. alvinh - 2nd unit
36. keeper
37. regulus
38. ara4
39. kruger - 2nd unit
40. tony
41.essence
42. marty
43. marty- 2nd unit

out muna ako sir Triple H-D,will work on my HTPC muna. sorry po..

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
updated

1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh
7. comet
8. chikababes
9. czedryk
10. Verbl Kint
11. Alfie
12. keymaker
13. disturbed
14.  jambam
15. jambam - 2nd unit
16. Saladmaster
17. Pekspert
18. jecr3
19. jopet
20. kruger
21. nvektus
22. hubes
23. ojela61
24. Qman
25. SpdrMky77
26. jameschu
27. czedryk - 2nd unit
28. rav4me
29. czedryk - 3rd unit
30. burnikulski
31. Alfie-2nd unit
32. jerix
33. patupup
34. juanbote
35. alvinh - 2nd unit
36. regulus
37. ara4
38. kruger - 2nd unit
39. tony
40.essence
41. marty
42. marty- 2nd unit
43.switi
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009 at 06:43 AM by iiinas »
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:
Is the playlist for cinematube can include video files? And media files in the network?

And can anybody post a photo of the remote control cinematube?  :)

TIA
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009 at 02:28 PM by burnikulski »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Is the playlist for cinematube can include video files? And media files in the network?

And can anybody post a photo of the remote control cinematube?  :)

TIA

yup it can, we tested this. dont know regarding the network though. but for hdd attached to the cinematube, it will recognized video.

i forgot the picture of the remote, but nothing spectacular. the size is the same as most lcd panel tv remote. numeric buttons, directional buttons. not backlighted

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
yup it can, we tested this. dont know regarding the network though. but for hdd attached to the cinematube, it will recognized video.

i forgot the picture of the remote, but nothing spectacular. the size is the same as most lcd panel tv remote. numeric buttons, directional buttons. not backlighted

Brader - ano na? shall I pull the trigger on this na?  :D ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
Brader - ano na? shall I pull the trigger on this na?  :D ;D

pwede sir!  ;D

vanat!

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
sir iiinas, don't know if this has been addressed, pero how was the temperature of the unit when you were doing the testing?
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
sir iiinas, don't know if this has been addressed, pero how was the temperature of the unit when you were doing the testing?

after testing the unit, the unit was warm to the touch. but it was acceptable to me. although we tested the unit in an air conditioned room. dont know if it could have been warmer if non aircon. 

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
after testing the unit, the unit was warm to the touch. but it was acceptable to me. although we tested the unit in an air conditioned room. dont know if it could have been warmer if non aircon. 

I guess warm is acceptable, as long as it didn't get hot.... ;D
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
It seemed there has yet no critical issue regarding cinematube NMTs as compared to other new units specifically the HD-pro or it might be possible that cinematube has not yet been under those tests conducted to the HD-pro. 
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline burnikulski

• Collector
  • Liked:
It seemed there has yet no critical issue regarding cinematube NMTs as compared to other new units specifically the HD-pro or it might be possible that cinematube has not yet been under those tests conducted to the HD-pro. 

Yeah, the major issue right now with HDPro is with the audio pass thru using HDMI. Is this an issue with Cinematube?

TIA

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
Yeah, the major issue right now with HDPro is with the audio pass thru using HDMI. Is this an issue with Cinematube?

TIA

Exactly the same issue as with the HDPro. But it seems like SPDIF works fine.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Streetsmart-How about the HDMI video, you mentined something about the Handshake problem, was this evident with the cinematube?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
Streetsmart-How about the HDMI video, you mentined something about the Handshake problem, was this evident with the cinematube?

It is erratic. Most times, it is stable. But sometimes, you will have no picture so you have to reset, change inputs or do some other silly thing to get the picture back.

Of course, you can always use the component connections, which seem to be more stable.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
1. iiinas
2. Superman
3. Knefut
4. A. Chua
5. A. Chua - 2nd unit
6. alvinh