Author Topic: dvd scratch remover (help!)  (Read 5202 times)

Offline comitatus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
dvd scratch remover (help!)
« on: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
i've been collecting anime dvds, as a big part of my hobby and to cut the story short my friend (who is new to anime) borrowed disc 1 of my rurouni kenshin (region 2) box set. sad to say it came back heavily scratched! i'm really sooo depressed bec the darn thing cost my hubby 900usd!!!

here is the set and it's price:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANZB-3011

ang mahal na, out of print pa! my husband forumer carlo777, says it's ok along with my other friends (not collectors). when i tell people about it... they think i'm peeped up crazy, and that i'm going overboard with my collection and that i'm way too nit picky!

i don't want my husband to run off and buy another set just bec of 1 disc, and dahil din napakamahal niya...guys are there products that can remove scratches? what can i do...i feel really bad...did not even go to work today...sorry for the rant, but i think this is the only forum with people who could understand my being too "over" with my collection :'(
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: dvd scratch remover (help!)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:39 AM »
This is what I have, Skip Doctor however, your disc will look very different, with whirls after treatment, however, playback will be the same as when originally opened, good even with deep scratches.

This is the newer version, goes for $17 at Amazon.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:40 AM by Alfie »

Offline comitatus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:49 AM »
This is what I have, Skip Doctor however, your disc will look very different, with whirls after treatment, however, playback will be the same as when originally opened, good even with deep scratches.

This is the newer version, goes for $17 at Amazon.

thank you sir, i'll look at the product carefully...is there no other way to restore the "look" of the dvd without the whirls?
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 11:51 AM »
Nope, I don't think so, bt they look cute, in fact, sort of matte appearance instead of the usual glossy disc. ;)