Author Topic: Your Personal Opinion on PLASMA Side by side with 42PV80 vs. 42C10 or42 X10?  (Read 2945 times)

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Would love to hear from you guys especially the "shop owners" on this board.  Is there a PQ difference?  Is one better than the other for standard sky cable, standard DVD  or Blue Ray?
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2009 at 04:47 PM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
In my opinion, I never did like the PV80 and I am not satisfied with its PQ. However, once you consider the price, ok ok naman siya. I think the C10 and X10 are both better than the PV80. 

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
In my opinion, I never did like the PV80 and I am not satisfied with its PQ. However, once you consider the price, ok ok naman siya. I think the C10 and X10 are both better than the PV80. 
[/quo

Interesting....what do you use at home? 
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
Interesting....what do you use at home? 

I use a py850. My friend has a full HD pioneer kuro and when you compare my py850 with his unit, for me ah, medyo malayo. Black level of the kuro is really outstanding. But of course, the price difference of the 2 units are worlds apart.

Because I've seen a better TV (kuro of my friend) that maybe the reason why I am very unsatisfied with the PV80 and not totally satisfied with my py850. I don't understand the fuzz about the PV80 with regards to performance standpoint but then again, it's really worth the price. 50 inch for 48k? ata yung huling bentahan hehe

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I use a py850. My friend has a full HD pioneer kuro and when you compare my py850 with his unit, for me ah, medyo malayo. Black level of the kuro is really outstanding. But of course, the price difference of the 2 units are worlds apart.

Because I've seen a better TV (kuro of my friend) that maybe the reason why I am very unsatisfied with the PV80 and not totally satisfied with my py850. I don't understand the fuzz about the PV80 with regards to performance standpoint but then again, it's really worth the price. 50 inch for 48k? ata yung huling bentahan hehe

i think the lowest was 68k bro. never had the chace to do a comparison between the 3, but this is the first time i've heard that its the least among sa tatlong model.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:

The kuro is in another league.  The panny PY850 is a nice unit. But the 50 inch is about 68k.  I think you mean the panny 42 inch  x10 unit is about 48k

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
The kuro is in another league.  The panny PY850 is a nice unit. But the 50 inch is about 68k.  I think you mean the panny 42 inch  x10 unit is about 48k

Agree. The kuro is another league. Honestly, I was supposed to get the PV80 but when I saw it side by side with the Kuro at SNS, nawalan ako ng gana sa PV80. That's why I opted for the Py850 instead of the PV80 since I cannot afford the KURO.

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Agree. The kuro is another league. Honestly, I was supposed to get the PV80 but when I saw it side by side with the Kuro at SNS, nawalan ako ng gana sa PV80. That's why I opted for the Py850 instead of the PV80 since I cannot afford the KURO.

I saw the pv80 side by side with the kuro at SNS as well as and I was very impressed with the PQ of the PV80 as it was a fraction of the cost of the Kuro.  As I did not have money to squander I chose the PV80 over all other plasmas and in fact chose it over LCD's of Panny, Sony and Sammy as they were overpriced and had pixelization issues. 

My Brother bought the kuro and the Sammy650 and they are both GREAT units.  I am happy with my choice.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
I saw the pv80 side by side with the kuro at SNS as well as and I was very impressed with the PQ of the PV80 as it was a fraction of the cost of the Kuro.  As I did not have money to squander I chose the PV80 over all other plasmas and in fact chose it over LCD's of Panny, Sony and Sammy as they were overpriced and had pixelization issues. 

My Brother bought the kuro and the Sammy650 and they are both GREAT units.  I am happy with my choice.

I agree. The PV80 is the winner when compared to the LCD's. :) As I said, when you take the price into consideration, there's nothing to complain about the PV80 hehe 

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
I agree. The PV80 is the winner when compared to the LCD's. :) As I said, when you take the price into consideration, there's nothing to complain about the PV80 hehe  

Last year the Panny 50PV80 (side by side with the kuro) was runner up only to the kuro in respect to PQ for plasma.  It was better than the Samsung Plasma and based on price/preformance  it was the BEST "VALUE FOR MONEY" HD TV I demoed especialy when compared to the full HD of its pannasonic bretheren (which was very good but not worth the extra peso IMHO).

I was hoping that the C10 or x10 would be distinguishably better then the PV80 but so far in my first demos last week,   of those two units, I noticed no discernible difference to the PV80 and  in fact they were not in any way superior. If anything the glare of the above were a distraction and left me wondering why no improvements/upgrades?

As I stated this was my first demo with the c10 and x10 and am not admonishing these units in any way other than pointing out my dismay at not seeing any upgrades in PQ or the rest.  Perhaps I need another demo.

Would love some comments from the  shop owners,  dealers, and owners of the above units if it would not compromise there  interests.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 at 08:27 PM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Last year the Panny 50PV80 (side by side with the kuro) was runner up only to the kuro in respect to PQ for plasma.  It was better than the Samsung Plasma and based on price/preformance  it was the BEST "VALUE FOR MONEY" HD TV I demoed especialy when compared to the full HD of its pannasonic bretheren (which was very good but not worth the extra peso IMHO).

I was hoping that the C10 or x10 would be distinguishably better then the PV80 but so far in my first demos last week,   of those two units, I noticed no discernible difference to the PV80 and  in fact they were not in any way superior. If anything the glare of the above were a distraction and left me wondering why no improvements/upgrades?

As I stated this was my first demo with the c10 and x10 and am not admonishing these units in any way other than pointing out my dismay at not seeing any upgrades in PQ or the rest.  Perhaps I need another demo.

Would love some comments from the  shop owners,  dealers, and owners of the above units if it would not compromise there  interests.

Where is Carlo777 when you most need him.

Just kidding
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 at 08:35 PM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline ramgos

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I am also thinking of getting the Panasonic 42X10. I hope 42X10 owners can give some more reviews. Please share your advise. I once auditioned the 42C10, and the reflective screen of the 42C10 turned me off.

Will the 42X10 be less reflective?

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I am also thinking of getting the Panasonic 42X10. I hope 42X10 owners can give some more reviews. Please share your advise. I once auditioned the 42C10, and the reflective screen of the 42C10 turned me off.

Will the 42X10 be less reflective?

the 42x10 is just as reflective. but by removing the anti-reflective the picture of the x10 and the c10 is actually more vibrant that the pv8 and pv80. it's just matter of being able to control the lighting in your room. :)

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84

Where is Carlo777 when you most need him.

In plain view buddy^

Sorry guys, I've pretty much moved on to a new hobby (Hence, the snail like pace of my PM response time)

Anyway, maybe we could do a check list of your concerns, and we'll try to address them one at a time.

;)

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
In plain view buddy^

Sorry guys, I've pretty much moved on to a new hobby (Hence, the snail like pace of my PM response time)

Anyway, maybe we could do a check list of your concerns, and we'll try to address them one at a time.

;)

A new hobby?  Wow........am in disbelief here but I think I know what you mean.  I was watching AXN Extreme sports and my wife and I thought we saw your twin but alas it all falls in to place.  It was not your twin but it was you carlo777 in the race to climb Mt. Pinatubo in your birthday suit.  :o 

am I right or was it my pensonic 65WD40 HDTV and its  pixelization playing tricks on me again.

Welcome back dude.  we all missed you!

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10