Author Topic: New TV Shows of Fall 2009  (Read 1617 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
New TV Shows of Fall 2009
« on: Aug 21, 2009 at 04:04 PM »
Let's talk about the new shows this coming Fall: Trauma, Eastwick, The Forgotten, The Good Wife, Melrose Place, Flash Forward, and others.

Any new shows that you think you'll be following?

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: New TV Shows of Fall 2009
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 03:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to this show called Day One, it's a sci-fi mini series about survivors from a post-apocalyptic earth.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 03:53 PM »
HBO's Bored To Death featuring Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis

Following a painful breakup with his girlfriend, a struggling thirtysomething writer (Schwartzman) with a drinking problem in Brooklyn decides to emulate his heroes from the novels of Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett. He takes out an ad pretending to be a private detective and starts taking cases -- solving some and making others worse.

Debuts September 20, 2009

More here including a preview trailer:
http://www.hbo.com/events/boredtodeath/

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM »
Any feedback on The Vampire Diaries?

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:59 PM »

Tim Goodman
San Francisco Chronicle

..."Vampire Diaries," which plays out like a viral marketing campaign from overly worried Midwestern mothers about the influence of vampires on youth culture. Even if you love HBO's "True Blood" and "Twilight" is calling the younger ones, you will never want anything to do with vampires again after this series. Wait - not true. You will want all the extras who played vamps on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (which was great, by the way, and not to be blamed for this lackluster cousin) to return en masse to eat the cast of "Vampire Diaries," plus any remaining scripts.

"I'm a vampire. This is my story," says a voice-over in the first minute of the show. It's the first anvil dropped on your head, but not nearly the last, as two of the main characters keep diaries and voice-over narration spouts their insipid thoughts and dumbed-down exposition: "Dear Diary: Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. My smile will say, 'I'm fine. Thank you. Yes. Much better.' I will no longer be the girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh. Be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through." Yes, that's actually dialogue. Yes it gets worse. And no, you will not make it through.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
Napanood ko na yun pilot.  I think I've seen this before... when it was called TWILIGHT  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM »
Napanood ko na yun pilot.  I think I've seen this before... when it was called TWILIGHT  ;D

FRAK! Nanood ka ng TWILIGHT???

Dude, you really are one SiCkBoY!

;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 12:53 AM »
Wahahaha!  The bad reviews got my interest piqued.  But the movie (Twilight) is surprisingly entertaining.   ;D

Well, until the next movie installment arrives, I'll have to be content with The Vampire Diaries.

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 01:21 AM »
The first twilight movie was very flawed. All lot of blame was put into the director, Hardwicke, it was rumored that only the cinematographer managed to save the movie by giving it those darker, emotional undertones and taking part in a lot of editing that elevated it just a hair out of total hopelessness

However, this New Moon, I have high hopes. Chris Weiltz is a seasoned director and is no stranger to fantasy (I liked the Golden Compass for what it was worth) and drama (About A Boy was IMO very good.) I just wish all these hate would subside. Opinionated extremism, or the ardent hatred toward something popular for the sake of it, is getting out of hand. It is no different from the fanboys defending Transformers, loving Star Wars, LOTR or terrible cult classics, it's just that our sexist mechanism acts up.

Sorry for the OT  ;D

On topic, Vampire Diaries is what i'd imagine if Hardwicke had gone through. Vapid, tasteless. At least Twilight encouraged some sort of abstinence and moral grounding. This however, targeted at kids as young as 12, is (and going to be) filled copious sex, violence and alcohol ( I am not a prude, I enjoy True Blood a lot but at least that was one created for adults) and will only do harm to a young mind...not to mention ruin one's taste.

The girls are pretty though, one of them seem pretty hot.  ;)

Can't wait for Day One and what Showtime has in it's sleeves.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 08:03 AM »

The girls are pretty though, one of them seem pretty hot.  ;)

It's like 90210 meets Twilight.

Offline bunnygod

• Trade Count: (+155)
  • DVD Guru
  • lay down thy raincoat and groove!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 08:24 PM »

have downloaded ep1 (along with supernatural)
tried watching it. but got bored after the 1st 20mins. hindi ko na tinapos at hindi ko na din ido-download hehe.
from start to finish, i was proud to fall...

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 05:29 AM »
Mischa Barton (The OC's Marissa) is back in CW with The Beautiful Life: TBL - an ongoing series about... uhh... models.  :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM »
I was very surprised that I enjoyed Jenna Elfman's new show, Accidentally On Purpose. I was never a fan of Dharma & Greg, and she's still pretty much playing the Dharma character, but I enjoyed the show despite that major issue.  ;D

Courteney Cox' new show, Cougar Town, has potential, but the pilot seemed a bit lacking for me. However, if you're looking for cougar-skin, Courteney has several scenes in just her underwear...  ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM »
Modern Family

Hands down the best new comedy of the season.

What's it about?

When the Pritchett, Delgado and Dunphy families agree to be interviewed by a documentary crew, they have no idea just how much they're about to reveal about themselves. Jay Pritchett met the stunning Columbian Gloria when she bartended in a bikini at the pool party he threw for himself the day his wife left him. Now Jay and Gloria are married and Jay tries hard to keep up with his much younger and hotter wife and her passionate teenage son, Manny. Claire Delgado (Julie Bowen) is having a hard time raising her own family. Her husband Phil is great, except for the fact that he thinks he's "down" with their teenage kids, much to their embarrassment. Mitchell Dunphy and his enthusiastic partner Cameron have just adopted Lily, a precious little baby girl from Vietnam. This engaging new comedy offers a 'mockumentary' view into the complicated, messy, loving life of three unique families.

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:28 PM »
Mischa Barton (The OC's Marissa) is back in CW with The Beautiful Life: TBL - an ongoing series about... uhh... models.  :)

cancelled after airing only 2 episodes ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2009 at 12:41 AM »
Modern Family

Hands down the best new comedy of the season.

What's it about?

When the Pritchett, Delgado and Dunphy families agree to be interviewed by a documentary crew, they have no idea just how much they're about to reveal about themselves. Jay Pritchett met the stunning Columbian Gloria when she bartended in a bikini at the pool party he threw for himself the day his wife left him. Now Jay and Gloria are married and Jay tries hard to keep up with his much younger and hotter wife and her passionate teenage son, Manny. Claire Delgado (Julie Bowen) is having a hard time raising her own family. Her husband Phil is great, except for the fact that he thinks he's "down" with their teenage kids, much to their embarrassment. Mitchell Dunphy and his enthusiastic partner Cameron have just adopted Lily, a precious little baby girl from Vietnam. This engaging new comedy offers a 'mockumentary' view into the complicated, messy, loving life of three unique families.

Agree! Hilarious without being shallow.

Love Ty Burrell's character. WTF = Why The Face was a knee-slapper. :)

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2009 at 07:58 AM »
Has anyone seen sneak peek of Archer? It's a cartoon that makes fun of the spy biz. It looks ok for an adult-humor cartoon. Series starts on January 2010, though.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 06:51 AM »
Not yet.  Ang daming palabas eh.  Ang hirap habulin :(
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2009 at 06:51 AM by SiCkBoY »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2009 at 06:59 AM »
Patricia Heaton's new show The Middle is hilarious!

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 08:06 AM »
What do you guys think of The Forgotten?