Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142624 times)

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sir Daigoro are you using the Network shares folder in the menu of your Xtreamer?  Coz I experience stuttering when I use the network shares, but when I use the ETRAYZ folder from the menu, no stuttering occurs.

I think that there a problem with my setup. There are times that I can't even see the xtreamer on my network.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
this is one of the reasons why i am really hesitant in upgrading firmware of both xtreamer and etrayz, my set up is now running smoothly, i can always see the xtreamer through my network. i can connect to my etrayz from both the internet and from the e-connector and best of all, watching movies using the etrayz connection within the xtreamer menu is smooth and flawless.

and one more thing, my wife's mac can also use the etrayz as a nas.

that's why for now xtreamer on 2.2 and etrayz on 1.04.

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
i am having issues with wifi plugged at xtreamer v2.2, a WDS window appears and wants me to confirm even if i didnt enable WDS.  tried a diff wifi usb and no problem.  will upgrade to v2.3.1 and see if it disappears.

updated to v2.3.1, so far it hasn't reoccured, will update the forum if this persists.

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
just finished installing the new 1.05 etrayz software. hopefully it resolves some of the problems encountered.

upgraded to 1.05 also but my transmission was  >:(, should not have upgraded it to 2.01.... i installed deluge as replacement, tingnan ko kung ok

the reason i upgraded the fw is the ntfs r/w, pero still read only lang sya, will have to read more on these, kala ko pa naman e one click ::)

Offline renton

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Im evaluating whether I should get one.
Are there other options with the same price range ?
The others seems to be way too expensive.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
Im evaluating whether I should get one.
Are there other options with the same price range ?
The others seems to be way too expensive.

i think for a functional nas, the etrayz is the most inexpensive. needs a little tweaking though.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
i think for a functional nas, the etrayz is the most inexpensive. needs a little tweaking though.

i agree, this is very functional with features as advertised ... but this is not a plug and play device ... this forum is a good source to properly setup the device
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline kulafu02

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Is there a way para bumilis file transfer from PC to Etrayz? Mine is around 7-10mb/ sec.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Regarding the network setup, it is very important that the mac address of the etrayz is bound to dmz.

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
hi guys,

has anyone of you successfully deployed the etrayz via smart bro? di ko kasi ma access ang etrayz ko remotely.  ano kaya problema? i read somewhere that this is not possible thru smart bro (network limitation daw) but meron din naman nagsabi na nagawa naman daw nila ito using smartbro network. can someone help me? tnx

Offline francisco22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi Guys,

Need help on setting up the print connection of etrayz. i followed the instruction on the manual but step 2. palang ako di ko na magawa. I run my etrayz address in open. What it does is it opens it on the web browser.
From there i add printer. Then im lost??? ???

Can some one help me.

I am also trying to set it up with my Mac. Is this also possible?

Pls. give me a step by step set up (for windows and mac)

TIA,

Francis

Offline batanglambak

• Collector
  • Liked:
puno na yung 2tb hard disk na nilagay ko sa etrayz ... i'm planning on getting another 2tb hard disk ... i'm looking at 2 options on mounting .. i can add new hard disk in linear mode (not change raid mode) - this will combine my new 2tb with my existing 2tb, thereby making it one 4tb hard disk <-- is my understanding correct? ang problema pala dito ay if one disk fails, di na pwede ma-access ang etrayz according sa manual ....

the reason why i want to combine is so that i can access all of my movies in one folder only ... kase if i add the new hard disk and make it as a separate drive (adding new hard disk as external disk), then the movies that i would add sa new disk will be in a different folder from my existing disk ... <-- tama ba?

gusto ko kase when i access my movies folder on my xtreamer, andun na lahat ng movies ... no need to go to another directory or folder for the other movies ...

anybody installed 2 hard disks on their etrayz? anong mounting ginawa niyo? can you access all of the movies in one folder only? o do you need to switch from hard disk a or b?

i hope you can follow, pati kase ako naguguluhan sa sinulat ko hehe ...
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2010 at 08:57 AM by batanglambak »
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline seymorebutts

• Collector
  • Liked:
puno na yung 2tb hard disk na nilagay ko sa etrayz ... i'm planning on getting another 2tb hard disk ... i'm looking at 2 options on mounting .. i can add new hard disk in linear mode (not change raid mode) - this will combine my new 2tb with my existing 2tb, thereby making it one 4tb hard disk <-- is my understanding correct? ang problema pala dito ay if one disk fails, di na pwede ma-access ang etrayz according sa manual ....

the reason why i want to combine is so that i can access all of my movies in one folder only ... kase if i add the new hard disk and make it as a separate drive (adding new hard disk as external disk), then the movies that i would add sa new disk will be in a different folder from my existing disk ... <-- tama ba?

gusto ko kase when i access my movies folder on my xtreamer, andun na lahat ng movies ... no need to go to another directory or folder for the other movies ...

anybody installed 2 hard disks on their etrayz? anong mounting ginawa niyo? can you access all of the movies in one folder only? o do you need to switch from hard disk a or b?

i hope you can follow, pati kase ako naguguluhan sa sinulat ko hehe ...

pa ride na rin po sir batanglambak

pag nag add po ba ng new hdd sa slot b, will the etrayz format it to ext* kahit na preformatted ng fat32 or ntfs?

salamat po

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Sir Batanglambak and sir Jed I think Oreoshake can help you guys with this one.  He has successfully installed HDD B with an existing HDD on A. 

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Just install the new hard drive in linear mode. it would appear as one hard drive under the etrayz public disk.

Offline seymorebutts

• Collector
  • Liked:
@sir daigoro, what if yung hdd na ilalagay ay from a pc, formatted with ntfs and some files, will the etrayz still format the hdd to ext* para ma recognize nya at makapag-r/w sya?

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
@sir daigoro, what if yung hdd na ilalagay ay from a pc, formatted with ntfs and some files, will the etrayz still format the hdd to ext* para ma recognize nya at makapag-r/w sya?

well its needs to be formatted by the etrayz so that it will be recognized.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
firmware 1.07 is already available.

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
will download, install and update my fw later on...

Offline seymorebutts

• Collector
  • Liked:
i did the upgrade to 1.05 because i want to read/write on ntfs, but i cant make it work. now with this new fw 1.07 still i cant make it to work  >:(

Offline seymorebutts

• Collector
  • Liked:
here is the additional resource monitor in fw 1.07

i dont know why the network i/o is 0, this is a 24/7 nas downloading you know what

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Fyi, I was using a Linksys WRT320n router to connect my etrayz with a xtreamer using DMZ. The problem was that regardless of using IP or Mac address, the xtreamer would stop about 5 minutes in the midst of playing video. Just checked the linksys site and there was a newer firmware that what was installed in my unit and that seems to have solved the problem.

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
etrayz and "permissions"
« Reply #292 on: Dec 10, 2010 at 05:34 AM »
mga sir..i need help on how to enable the copy of files to an external HD which i attached to the usb of the etrayz..actually i can see the extrayz and the attached ext hd in my network and even play the video files found in the ext hd..but my problem is i cant seem to be able to copy some video files from my computer hd to the ext hd attached to my etrayz...it has something to do with "permissions"...please help mga etrayz gurus and merry xmas to all!

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I tried doing this before but to no avail. What i did was connect the external hd to my pc and copied from there. easy and faster.  ;D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Re: etrayz and "permissions"
« Reply #294 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM »
mga sir..i need help on how to enable the copy of files to an external HD which i attached to the usb of the etrayz..actually i can see the extrayz and the attached ext hd in my network and even play the video files found in the ext hd..but my problem is i cant seem to be able to copy some video files from my computer hd to the ext hd attached to my etrayz...it has something to do with "permissions"...please help mga etrayz gurus and merry xmas to all!

sir, i don't think that this function is available ... checking the manual previously, it seems that there's only a function for a one-way copy from USB external HDD to the internal drives of the eTrayz ... i cannot confirm this one however on the new firmware - i'll probably be upgrading the firmware when I return home this weekend.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
i'm looking to get an eTRAYz for my setup.

it will be a NAS for my iMAC, a couple of other PC's, and the NMT (mede8er).

kakabasa ko ang dami ko nakitang negative reviews nito. I don't know if those issues have been resolved by the new firmware pero nakakakaba parin.

how are you guys doing with your eTRAYz?

Offline angPanday

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
ano price update for eTrayz planning to get one... pa pm me.

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
I'm having issue with the e-trayz. Sometimes I couldn't access it from the web interface. No issues in my home network though.
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
my etrayz is connected to my airport extreme via utp cable.  while copying on a shared network link, i can only do 1.6mb/s, quite slow.  any idea how i can accelerate the copying?  using a usb connected to my pc kaya?

Offline titopepe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
where to buy cheap bnew etrayz?
call me tito... tito pepe!