Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142230 times)

Offline francisco22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Does anybody know if how much ang HDD 2tb for this etrayz?

10,300 each in tipid pc..... WD caviar green ;D

Offline ramgos

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
10,300 each in tipid pc..... WD caviar green ;D

Thanks for the info. So, It will cost around 30k for this new project.  :)

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Is the 4TB the max limit for eTrayz? Will I be able to install larger capacity drives, maybe 2.5TB and 4TB drives when they become available? If I by more than one, can I daisy chain them to act as one 4-Bay or 6-Bay NAS? 

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Is the 4TB the max limit for eTrayz? Will I be able to install larger capacity drives, maybe 2.5TB and 4TB drives when they become available? If I by more than one, can I daisy chain them to act as one 4-Bay or 6-Bay NAS? 

It's difficult to speculate on support for drives that still don't exist. That being said, eTRAYz firmware is updatable so theoretically, the manufacturer can add support for new hardware.

You cannot physically "daisy-chain" them.

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Bitstream,

what is the latest status on bringing this in? i initially am not interested, but if it goes to the range of 8K or lower... hmmm...tempting! :)
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2009 at 05:43 PM by jetro »

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Bitstream,

what is the latest status on bringing this in? i initially am not interested, but if it goes to the range of 8K or lower... hmmm...tempting! :)

;D ako rin

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
eTRAYz Group Buy
« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 10:03 PM »
Ok guys, you asked for it!

Check out the eTRAYz Group Buy .... one level back up.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
please count me in... :)

-JackRyan

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
please count me in... :)

-JackRyan

Hi JackRyan, please sign up in the eTRAYz Group Buy thread.  Thanks!

Offline leumas

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi! Sir, maybe you could provide a bundled price for the etrayz and xtreamer media player for those who has not availed of any of the two yet. Since there are already promotions for the xtreamer and etrayz respectively.

Offline weneklek

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi! Sir, maybe you could provide a bundled price for the etrayz and xtreamer media player for those who has not availed of any of the two yet. Since there are already promotions for the xtreamer and etrayz respectively.

+1

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Please check the impressions on the etrayz at the xtreamer forum. It seems there are mixed emotions regarding the product. Hopefully, could be better...

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Please check the impressions on the etrayz at the xtreamer forum. It seems there are mixed emotions regarding the product. Hopefully, could be better...

We have to be patient.  The next firmware revision is coming in about a week, I think.  Hopefully, this will solve major bugs and improve performance.

This is a product that needs to grow up very quickly.

Offline Knightro

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Ano po kaya format ng internal HD nito?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Ano po kaya format ng internal HD nito?

I just read a post in the Xtreamer Official Forum, stating that the internal drives will be formatted in XFS file system. This is necessary to be able to install applications and utilities.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2010 at 12:29 AM by Bitstream »

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
will be glad to wait for the new etrayz and a partner for my xtreamer :)
Thanks Bitsream for bringing etrays to PinoyDVD
Im sure many enthusiast here will appreciate the functionality of these gadget
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline jessec

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:

any review from our fellow member? ease of assembly/connection and use? very interested, tia

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
any review from our fellow member? ease of assembly/connection and use? very interested, tia

based on sir bitstream's group buy, his stocks is set to arrive only the later part of january. hopefully by feb, there will be initial impressions by some of the members by then.

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
A review hmmm....Impression.... ;D

Let me  just share my experience.

I had my etrayz before xmass since dec. I ordered it via extreamer website and they had it shipped here. My landed cost wa arount 9k plus. Im using a 2tb caviar greenWD hard drive. Have i known there would be a problem with its LCC count i would have not purchased it, (Got it thru amazon had it shpped here). I'm in the process of controlling the LCC count as of know. Anways.....

This is my first NAS so i did not know what to expect. I'm not good with computers. I just like new gadgets to play with hehehe...

1. First i installed both hd's to the slot. So that I could set up the disks. it only read slot b at the start. I just played around with it interchanging slots until it read both slots. Then proceeded to set up.

2. i had trouble with setting up my email to work. And for me to access it thru the internet.
   I had to call my brother-in law to help me out with the settings. Router and NAS port configuration etc.....(all of this are alien to me...hhehehe)

3. But now its working already. I can share folders already. But there seems to be a 2gig limitation on sharing and uploading via the web browser. I thought i could share movie files over 2gig over the net but cant because of the 2gig limit.

4. i could stream movies via wired lan from router. but wireless streaming is a bit slow. it depends on your range/distance from the router and if its a 720 or 1080 movie.

5. copying files or movies to the nas is quite slow. 100 gig of movies takes me around 7hrs...i have more than 2tb i want to upload....its taking me forever.

I'm not really good at writing. So if you want to know more just ask. And ill try to answer your question.

At the moment cant say i'm Happy or disappointed.
As i said i did not know what to expect.  :)

Cheers,

Francis

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
1. First i installed both hd's to the slot. So that I could set up the disks. it only read slot b at the start. I just played around with it interchanging slots until it read both slots. Then proceeded to set up.

how is the overall build of the machine itself?

2. i had trouble with setting up my email to work. And for me to access it thru the internet. I had to call my brother-in law to help me out with the settings. Router and NAS port configuration etc.....(all of this are alien to me...hhehehe)

am also a not very knowledgeable in this nas thing, maybe you can share settings if possible, or are these settings different per unit.

3. But now its working already. I can share folders already. But there seems to be a 2gig limitation on sharing and uploading via the web browser. I thought i could share movie files over 2gig over the net but cant because of the 2gig limit.

is this the rapidshare like gateway they are talking about? hope the limit can be increase on the next firmware.

5. copying files or movies to the nas is quite slow. 100 gig of movies takes me around 7hrs...i have more than 2tb i want to upload....its taking me forever.

did you use usb in transferring files or you are referring to transferring via wireless? would using direct lan connection improve the speed?

I'm not really good at writing. So if you want to know more just ask. And ill try to answer your question.

As i said i did not know what to expect.  :)

Cheers,

Francis

btw, thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 at 04:00 PM by iiinas »

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

1. how is the overall build of the machine itself?
Very nice and compact. The fan is kinda noisy. The face/cover of the Nas is made of plastic. Sana aloy din. and there are no locks on the NAS. Pano pag wala ka. may nag trip ninakaw HD's mo eh mas mahal yun...LOL
Lights are very bright.

2. am also a not very knowledgeable in this nas thing, maybe you can share settings if possible, or are these settings different per unit.

uh...Baka pareho sa lahat ng unit. Or depends also on the router you use. kasi parang pinag tugma tugma ung mga ports atbp....  Para makapag communicate ung NAS and router and PC...

3. is this the rapidshare like gateway they are talking about? hope the limit can be increase on the next firmware.
I have not used the rapid share thing since i dont know what it is..heheheh...still experimenting.
I was talking about when you have a movie file. You click on it and you have an option to share it with a friend. The nas sends out a email with a link on it so that your friend can download it directly.
Or thes is another option you give your frind a user accoount and he can access the nas via internet. From there he can access shared public folders, from there he can download what is inside the folder.

5. did you use usb in transferring files or you are referring to transferring via wireless? would using direct lan connection improve the speed?

i used a usb connected to my pc going to wired lan to NAS.
I tried using usb copy option of the NAS but it doesent work for me. Maybe the file was to big again. Since i connected my 1tb drive. Have not tried copying with a small file. Will try asap.
I also tried copying using the extramer as the bridge but no good.

Hope this helps.....

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Did you used a fresh blank HDD(not yet formatted HDD)? Did the etrayz formatted your HDD to xfs file system?

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
A review hmmm....Impression.... ;D

Let me  just share my experience.

I had my etrayz before xmass since dec. I ordered it via extreamer website and they had it shipped here. My landed cost wa arount 9k plus. Im using a 2tb caviar greenWD hard drive. Have i known there would be a problem with its LCC count i would have not purchased it, (Got it thru amazon had it shpped here). I'm in the process of controlling the LCC count as of know. Anways.....

This is my first NAS so i did not know what to expect. I'm not good with computers. I just like new gadgets to play with hehehe...

2. i had trouble with setting up my email to work. And for me to access it thru the internet.
   I had to call my brother-in law to help me out with the settings. Router and NAS port configuration etc.....(all of this are alien to me...hhehehe)

4. i could stream movies via wired lan from router. but wireless streaming is a bit slow. it depends on your range/distance from the router and if its a 720 or 1080 movie.

As i said i did not know what to expect.  :)

Cheers,

Francis

@francis

Have you tried dowloading movie via torrent of the unit?  ;D ;D

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Did you used a fresh blank HDD(not yet formatted HDD)? Did the etrayz formatted your HDD to xfs file system?

if a brand new 2tb caviar hd is blank then yes i used a fresh blank hdd.
regarding etrayz formatting your hdd. I thinks so. coz when i was setting it up and there was a page where it sad formatting disks....it took around 3 mins to format.

and one more experience: When i was playing around with the nas. for some reason our house electricity tripped. therefore cutting the electricity to the nas. (did not have a ups at the time). When the electricty went back on. i could not access the nas already. apparently when the electricity tripped the nas or the router changes ip address. w/c i did not know at the time.  So i was in panic mode for days. To acces the nas again what i did was reformatted both my discs via my mac. so that i will have a clean disk. And set it up again. Until my brother in law told me its just natural for the ip address to change when theres a power outage. From there he set up my NAS again. now its working fine.

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
@francis

Have you tried dowloading movie via torrent of the unit?  ;D ;D

Yes i tried downloading a 1.7gig file via isohunt with etryaz it took me 3days

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

sir hindi kaya dahil mabagal ang DL niyo is dahil konti ang seeder's? Na try niyo na ba madami yung seeder's sa isang torrent?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
hmm...have not tried that.....Ill try.... ;D

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
based on experience sa Popcorn hour and egreat mas mabilis pa rin mag-dwnload sa PC, i dunno kung sa eTrays will have an acceptable download performance
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589

based on the specs of etrayz, it uses jdownloader engine ... it is what i'm using regularly for downloading from megaupload, rapidshare, and the likes on my pc ... it doesn't need seeders and maintains the speed at the max level of the internet connection...maybe you should try it to verify the download performance without relying on seeders
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010 at 03:01 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
e-TRAYz BETA v1.0.1

The latest BETA v1.0.1 for the e-TRAYz has now been tested for 3 days. Some useful configuration changes have been made to the system, some core stuff been added giving you more freedom / less sweat to install web services.

So what’s been changed in the BETA:

1. System

* Changes FTP Setting Option : permitted to access /home folder by root
    * Supports Samba Security mode changing : User Mode, Share Mode(Public, External)
    * fixes HDD Sleep Mode unstability
    * fixes Network reset problem when IP renewed by DHCP
    * fixes USB Disk overmount & data delete problem when using USB Hub (not to use USB Hub and card reader)
      ** USB Hub and card reader will be supported later version.
    * More stable wireless network
      * fixes Wireless network connection failed problem
      * fixes Wireless network card recognition failed problem
    * fixes eTRAYz Xtreamer NFS speed problem : mount option changed to tcp by Xtreamer
    * SW Package Installation
      * unrar and zip/unzip
      * telnet (/etc/init.d/xinetd start/stop)
      * phpMyAdmin
      * Programming Modules: Curl, CPAN, GD Library, ImageMagick
      * Programming Language: CGI, Fast CGI, PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSI
      * transmission Torrent (/etc/init.d/transmission start/stop)

2. Web

* {e-TRAYz Web} fixs some bugs related with folder sharing.
    * {mail} fixes some bugs related with e-mail : exception handling for special character sets(*&^^%$#@!?><”:)
    * {mail} fixes id generation bug with “.” such as “[email protected]
    * {security} prohibits file move to unauthorized folder for general users
    * {security} prohibits accessing to unauthoriaed web page for general users
    * {e-TRAYz Web} removes sharing menu for general users
    * {Setting} adds CIFS share option control
    * {Setting} modifies firmware upgrade interface
    * {Setting} seperates user interface for gateway of wired and wireless network
    * {setting} Supports more stable SMTP server for yahoo and hotmail
    * {setting} fixes port setting bugs for webpage and user home page.
    * {setting} fixes page loading time for some webpage including directory selection interface.
    * {e-Torrent} fixes adding problem of torrents file to etrayz from Mac(the files are shaded and can´t be chosen)
    * {e-downloader} adds some more error message for downloading failure.

3. Windows Application

* {Installer} adds warning message before HDD formatting.
    * {e-TRAYz connector} fixes long waiting time for wrong etrayz server connection.
    * {e-TRAYz connector} fixes e-TRAYz Disk mounting problem for general user.
    * {e-TRAYz connector} adds authentication logics for additional sharing mode.
    * {e-TRAYz connector} fixes unstable connection problem : more stable.

Give it some more time (can’t tell you how long yet though). This BETA is another brick in the wall for the next PUBLIC e-TRAYz software which will be released later and have more real stuff added.

[thx for reading - mavvy]