• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Glee
« Reply #60 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM »
I simply just don't like her. Apologies to her fans but that's my opinion and based on opinions nothing is correct. Am I right?

not a fan of charice, but proud of her making waves though.

and yes, its your opinion, so if you dont like her, you dont... but she is in the show, and nothing we do will change that, let just wait a season to see if the u.s. audience will accept her.

Unless, si Willie Revillame ang biglang naging representative natin  ;D 't@^gin@ naman, sa inyo na 'yan!!!  ;D ;D ;D

+1 sir dan. yan ang nakakahiya na mag represent sa atin. asal hayop at kanto. but for charice, i'll take her any day than this pond scum.  :D

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #61 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 03:52 AM »
anyone had seen their new teaser (music video) lately?

the kid on wheelchair was day dreaming dancing and singing to "safety dance" in a mall. and guess what there was a jolibee in the background (right side) of the video visible most of the time. yes, it's our very own jolibee ;D

saang mall kaya yon sa US?

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:11 AM »
saang mall kaya yon sa US?

It's at Eagle Rock Plaza ( http://www.shopeaglerock.com/ )

2700 Colorado Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90041
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:12 AM by blued888 »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #63 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:54 AM »
It's at Eagle Rock Plaza ( http://www.shopeaglerock.com/ )

2700 Colorado Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90041

kewl ;) ang dami palang pinoy establishments sa store directory
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 at 05:01 AM by GneW »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #64 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 03:12 PM »
Wow sikat na talaga 'tong batang si Charice. I saw an article about her in CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/19/charice.botox.ppl/index.html?hpt=Sbin

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20402987,00.html?cnn=yes

Konti na lang at makikita na natin 'to sa TMZ
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010 at 03:15 PM by krets pulpol »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #65 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 03:21 PM »

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 05:55 PM »
Charice, nag pa BOTOX!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 06:46 PM »
Charice, nag pa BOTOX!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oo nga kasi kulang pa daw sa laki yung mukha nya :)

Offline eckxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 05:10 AM »
Oo nga kasi kulang pa daw sa laki yung mukha nya :)

HAHA. Nice one!! Sabi raw niya for health reasons daw. Papalusot pa eh!

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM »
 ;D Glee is not just some US show. Compared to a Hollywood superstar, the show's an A-lister, a box-office phenomenon. So we should all be happy and proud that a Filipino is finally making a huge difference in that show. And people claiming to be morally upright should cut her some slack. If she had botox, then let her be, as if cosmetic surgery is taboo in Hollywood. She has money now and wants to be pretty so let's give it to her.

Ewan ko ba sa karamihan ng mga Pilipino. Nung panget ang bata, hindi pinapansin. Ngayong sikat na at pilit na gustong gumanda, nilalait naman. Right now, proud ang bata maging Pinoy but for how long? The kid will eventually consider living in the US for good coz after all the reason she's a star now is because some Americans like Oprah Winfrey, David Foster and Ellen DeGeneres looked past what lies on the surface and saw, which Pinoys failed and refused to see, that she could be a star!

So kahit hindi ako fan, Go Charice!

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 03:48 AM »
Ewan ko ba sa karamihan ng mga Pilipino.  Nung panget ang bata, hindi pinapansin. Ngayong sikat na at pilit na gustong gumanda, nilalait naman. Right now, proud ang bata maging Pinoy but for how long?

Agree and disagree, for life sana sya maging proud to be Pinoy, after all, we are also instrumental to her success, thanks to YouTube.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 at 03:49 AM by jason13 »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #71 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 09:55 AM »
And people claiming to be morally upright should cut her some slack. If she had botox, then let her be, as if cosmetic surgery is taboo in Hollywood.

But she's barely 18.

She has money now and wants to be pretty so let's give it to her.

I think she's already pretty enough as it is. Problema sa Pinoy, ang concept nila ng maganda ay kailangan mestiza, slim, matangos ang ilong at mukhang Kano. Look at the proliferation of skin whitening creams and the fact we make still make fun of black people here for being black. I think Vicky Belo convinced Charice that she's not pretty enough to act with the Americans because she looks too Filipino.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM »
But she's barely 18.

I think she's already pretty enough as it is. Problema sa Pinoy, ang concept nila ng maganda ay kailangan mestiza, slim, matangos ang ilong at mukhang Kano. Look at the proliferation of skin whitening creams and the fact we make still make fun of black people here for being black. I think Vicky Belo convinced Charice that she's not pretty enough to act with the Americans because she looks too Filipino.

i agree. :-X

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 215
« Reply #73 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:27 AM »

I agree wholeheartedly. Most people I've heard from and spoken to who have negative opinions about Charice would always mention something about her appearance, her face, her perceived status (jologs, lowbrow, pick your social insult) but never any opinion about her voice. It's always the shallow parts they pick on, never the talent. Her getting botox is complete b*ll$h|t -- but hey, nangyari na, eh.

I'm not surprised. We Filipinos tend to celebrate mediocrity anyway. Just look at the no-talent waste of space winners of all those teen talent shows on the big networks. The only thing those hacks are good for is posing nude at FHM or wearing only a cup at a "fashion" show once they hit 18 years of age.

I've said before that I'm not exactly a fan of the kid. But I'm in awe of her accomplishments and happy that a kid who's never given a chance in her own country is at least being appreciated in another.

May talent naman yung bata. Totoong talent. Suportahan sana natin.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:29 AM by Dan »

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #74 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 03:54 PM »
The blame goes to Vicky Belo.  Ginamit si Charice para makilala sya ng international media, and now Charice is enduring the backlash.

Offline eckxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 05:17 PM »
Kasi naman dapat she should stick to singing, not acting. Yan tuloy!

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM »

But alot of Pinoys don't see it that way. In the real world and without youtube, Oprah etc., do you think Charice would make it big here in the Philippines? Absolutely NEVER! A lot of Filipinos are enamoured to anything white, tisoy and half breeds. To them, YUN ANG MAGANDA! So meron nang set standard of beauty. In fact, they want to become White for Christ's sake. Blame should also be shared by TV networks, media and advertising companies for encouraging, promoting and perpetuating prejudice and bigotry.

So who can blame the kid now? Still, to Charice's mind, despite the killer voice, sadly, pangit pa rin ako to many Pinoys. So sad.....

And yes, dapat ipako sa krus si Vicky Belo. Totoo lang, she has corrupted the child's mind. And she has no right to speak about beauty dahil di hamak na mas may mukha si Charice sa kanya.

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 01:34 AM »
Season Premiere: 9/21/10

How do you top a smash-hit first season that scored 19 Emmy nominations, two Gold albums and more than 6 million iTunes downloads? For creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy, the answer isn't necessarily more of the same. The second season will rely less on stunt casting (though Javier Bardem is confirmed for an episode, and we'll see the return of Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenowith) and focus more on the core characters.

Heather Morris and Naya Rivera, who play the delightfully dense Brittany and fierce Santana, are welcome additions to the regular cast this year, and Morris will even get her chance in the spotlight for the anxiously awaited (by everyone but Matthew Morrison, that is) Britney Spears episode titled "Brittany Britney." Other storylines that have us humming are a second Madonna episode, a Rocky Horror episode and a Super Bowl episode themed around a single performer yet to be announced.

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 05, 2010 at 06:17 PM »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 04:06 PM »
APRUB si Charice sa season premiere.  Yun lang po para walang spoiler.  She's OK sa ORAI.    Pati boses parang controlled and hindi mabirit (so far) :)  GUD! 

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 04:17 PM »
APRUB si Charice sa season premiere.  Yun lang po para walang spoiler.  She's OK sa ORAI.    Pati boses parang controlled and hindi mabirit (so far) :)  GUD! 

ayos! panoorin ko mya. ;)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2570
« Reply #81 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 04:23 PM »

inaabangan ni mrs to  ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline eckxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 08:58 PM »
CHARICE!

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 09:31 PM »
charice is really a great performer. She has improved quite a lot since she appeared on that Korean show.

Offline iggi_08

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 26, 2010 at 08:42 PM »
I was thinking bout Charice's name on the show, Sunshine Corazon. I think that's a tribute or something to the late Tita Cory no? Her name's Corazon tapos trademark nya yung color of sunshine.  ::)

Wala lang, naisip ko lang.  ;D
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM »
Saw the episode.  She still need to learn to act.  She's too stiff and she tries so hard to sound American when her character is a Filipino.  Also she doesn't enunciate.  I barely understand what she's saying.  Her singing is improving though.  It's still a bit showy, I prefer her to express more and not just to impress.  Also enough with the hand movements.  She's still young she will mature as a performer.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM by rse »

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM »
Managed to catch Charice and Lea Michelle singing Lady Gaga and Beyonce's duet song. Got a bit of goosebumps and the glasses do somewhat make Charice's face less siopaoish. However, i still don't appreciate the show.

Offline eckxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 09:31 PM »
Charice is so tiny! She's smaller than Lea Michele. And to think Lea is only, what like, 5'3 or less.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2570
« Reply #88 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM »
season 2 ep2 is out  ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 01:41 PM »
where's my sunshine?