Author Topic: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out  (Read 158806 times)

Offline redkoji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out
« on: Feb 21, 2003 at 04:53 PM »
Hi Guys,

Is there any members here that owners of Klipsch Speakers. Please let us know what model do you have and the older the model you had, the better. We would like also to asked its history if possible and whats your comments on its performance.

In case your freinds has one also, we would welcome their feedback.

Offline afterglow

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re:Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2003 at 11:57 PM »
I have a pair of Klipsch Quartet's...late 80s hand-me-downs.  I got it from my uncle in Hongkong and it's been a few years since I last heard it.  Will probably hook it up soon....

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2003 at 03:03 PM »
Hello, I have a Klipsch Synergy Series SS.5 Dipole Surround Speakers and they are 7 months old now.  These speakers are the only non-JBLs on my 6.1 setup because I can't find JBL dipoles and I'm not disappointed on it's performance.  Eventhough Klipsch speakers are expensive, they are worth every dollar.

http://www.klipsch.com/images/productmedia/large/41_large.jpg

Offline Alamat

• Collector
  • ETONG IYO!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 08:56 AM »
  Ahh..does this also include the Promedia series for PCs? Ako..merong 4.1s......when playing games? DA BEST!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 02:05 PM »
 Ahh..does this also include the Promedia series for PCs? Ako..merong 4.1s......when playing games? DA BEST!

We are very much happy with the reply of Klipsch owners, hope sana dumami pa ang mag post.

Everything is included...from the Promedia to their legendary Klipschorn. Marami kasi kami na encounter na meron silang mga pair of Klipschorn or even the La Scala....hope pati sila magparticipate.

Anyway thanks, marami pa kasing exciting dadating within the next months in regards to Klipsch.

Please just keep posting.....

Offline arnoldc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2003 at 09:38 PM »
who knows where i can audition a Klipsch RB-3 or RB-5 II?

rtsy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2003 at 01:21 PM »
The local Klipsch distributor is AVID.  I'm not sure though if they have the models you are interested in.

Talk to our fellow Pinoydiophile, joe3rp.  He uses Klipschorns w/ his integrated 300B amp.

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2003 at 05:01 PM »
rtsy, just found out and AVID is not the distributor. they're just one of the resellers. the other one is in galeria that specializes on synergy series. avid is more of the reference series.

the distributor is studio systems corporation in ermita.

thanks!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2003 at 07:17 PM »
Thanks...for those who posted comments here.

Yup, Avid is just of our dealers. There is also one in Makati park Square the name of the retailer is Spectra.

Try to audition the RB3 sa kanila. RF3 is on AVSurfer Rockwell.

Offline Ianbond

• Apprentice
  • Wish I was born rich instead of HANDSOME
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2003 at 07:59 PM »
Speaking of Klipsch, I'm really interested in getting the Promedia DD 5.1 so I can enjoy playing MS Rallisport on my Xbox, but dang, can't find anything on the local market. (was thinking of hooking it up to my old Yammie 6 channel receiver). Tried  AVID, but they don't carry them.

Online, it can be had for abt USD170 (+shipping - but not sure if they do internationally).

BTW, also have the Promedia 4.1 for PC's. Hanep talaga sa games.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2003 at 08:00 PM by thedude »
Got boost?

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2003 at 11:45 AM »
so redkoji, you're part of studio systems huh? i went to spectra last weekend and there is only one floorstanding model there and the person (who was wearing a JBL t-shirt) was not helpful. well, he was at that time entertaining a dressed-to-kill (naka suit) foreigner, who by the way is not interested in the Klipsch.

if you're indeed with studio systems, then i want to audition the Klipsch SB-3 or RB-3 at home so i will know if they would match my DIY 2A3 single ended amplifier.

are you game?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 04:39 PM »
so redkoji, you're part of studio systems huh? i went to spectra last weekend and there is only one floorstanding model there and the person (who was wearing a JBL t-shirt) was not helpful. well, he was at that time entertaining a dressed-to-kill (naka suit) foreigner, who by the way is not interested in the Klipsch.

if you're indeed with studio systems, then i want to audition the Klipsch SB-3 or RB-3 at home so i will know if they would match my DIY 2A3 single ended amplifier.

are you game?

Thanks for the comments arnoldc...try contacting Nilo of AVSurfer-Rockwell. Their number is 898-1828 or 33. As for the SB-3, it is not yet still available in Philippine market, baka middle of the year.

Pag di pa rin sila pumayag, just contact Studio...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 04:52 PM »
Speaking of Klipsch, I'm really interested in getting the Promedia DD 5.1 so I can enjoy playing MS Rallisport on my Xbox, but dang, can't find anything on the local market. (was thinking of hooking it up to my old Yammie 6 channel receiver). Tried  AVID, but they don't carry them.

Online, it can be had for abt USD170 (+shipping - but not sure if they do internationally).

BTW, also have the Promedia 4.1 for PC's. Hanep talaga sa games.

The DD5.1 was initially available for U.S market only. Since malapit na kami magrelease ng 240V PM5.1 kasama na ito ilalabas  sa market. Kung my interesado ng magplace ng order of PM5.1 or DD5.1 please contact us. kasi medyo unit lang unit na dadating, kaya first come first served basis

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 05:39 PM »
redkoji,

i'd like to thank nilo for bringing in the RB-3 to my place for audition.

Offline thunderkiss65

• Apprentice
  • Give me some sugar, baby..
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 02:20 AM »
The DD5.1 was initially available for U.S market only. Since malapit na kami magrelease ng 240V PM5.1 kasama na ito ilalabas  sa market. Kung my interesado ng magplace ng order of PM5.1 or DD5.1 please contact us. kasi medyo unit lang unit na dadating, kaya first come first served basis

Question: How much will d DD5.1 cost, in pesos? Around P9000+?
..there is no spoon..

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2003 at 07:08 PM »
DD 5.1 estimated price will be P14k. Baka magbago pa sa soon as it arrival. The government consider kasi items namin as electronics and not computer related item kaya 15% ang tax.

So guys, pag dating na lang....

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2003 at 07:10 PM »
The local Klipsch distributor is AVID.  I'm not sure though if they have the models you are interested in.

Talk to our fellow Pinoydiophile, joe3rp.  He uses Klipschorns w/ his integrated 300B amp.

Hey dude,

Sino ba si joe3rp. We would like to talk to him...pwede bang makuha yun contact number nya.

We would like to get as many Klipsch user...miski gano na katanda yun unit nila.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2003 at 07:50 PM »
redkoji,

i'd like to thank nilo for bringing in the RB-3 to my place for audition.

Hey dude,

Could you message me privately, I would like to hear your comments on the products and its performance as against the other you have auditioned.

Pare hintayin ko....sino pinili mo nga pala?

Offline bruno

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2003 at 01:56 AM »
My uncle has a pair of Klipsch KG-4.  And I would say they sounded very natural.  One of the best speakers I've heard.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2003 at 03:25 PM »
My uncle has a pair of Klipsch KG-4.  And I would say they sounded very natural.  One of the best speakers I've heard.

Thanks for the remarks....just keep them coming

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2003 at 03:44 PM »
redkoji,

Im not a klipsch owner but im in searching for a pair of bookshelf speaker for audio ( 60 % audio, 40 % ht on two channel.). Can you or anybody recommend a klipsch model comparable  or have better performance to dyne audience 42. Is it easier to drive than the 4 ohms audience 42. Hey, this could be OT, its ok if you ignore it

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 11:17 AM »
redkoji,

Im not a klipsch owner but im in searching for a pair of bookshelf speaker for audio ( 60 % audio, 40 % ht on two channel.). Can you or anybody recommend a klipsch model comparable  or have better performance to dyne audience 42. Is it easier to drive than the 4 ohms audience 42. Hey, this could be OT, its ok if you ignore it

Good day to you Dude,

Well, its hard to say what will be better performing bookshelf speakers under Klispch or Definitive as against your existing dyne audience 42. Since there will be a lot of factors to consider. We can do is to have an ocular of your system....then after that we will be bringing in for a demo the units at your site for you to listen.

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 12:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply redkoji, correction lang, I dont have the audience yet, therefore, i can still change my mind as waht speaker to buy. Im planning to pair it with rotel integrated amp. Thanks for the option to test your demo units, ano ba available the klipsch dyan?

Offline dakila7

• Apprentice
  • Hoya!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 02:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply redkoji, correction lang, I dont have the audience yet, therefore, i can still change my mind as waht speaker to buy. Im planning to pair it with rotel integrated amp. Thanks for the option to test your demo units, ano ba available the klipsch dyan?

Yo Titanium,

my friend in Toronto owns a pair of audience42 and here's what he said - overall its good for listening audio,because of its dimensions the sounds are clear... the downside however, is that it lacks in bass response so you need to invest in a good subwoofer, it's definitely not a good HT speaker, coz you tend to miss out on the booms and bangs of the film-

check with redkoji if you can audition a pair of Klipsch Reference Series Bookshelf Speakers

hth

dakila7

http://www.avsurfer.com
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Offline tuff_u_gong

• DVD Addict
  • emancipate yourselves from mental slavery!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2003 at 12:07 AM »

audience 42 "it's definitely not a good HT speaker"

dakila7

http://www.avsurfer.com

among many others, tnt-audio's recent review of the audience 42 seems to say otherwise.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/dynaudio42_e.html

personally, i prefer klipsch for audio...specially
when matched with tube amps. apart from the flimsy grill my only other complaint  with klipsch is that even their flagship reference speaker, the RF-7 which costs about 100 grand is still made of (although it does look good!) wood veneer.

wala na bang tawad sa synergy and reference lines considering its not made of
real wood?

i bet the klipsch distributor will make
more profit kung mas mura  :) baka mahabol
sa volume  8)

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2003 at 12:28 AM »
what's good about klipsch is that they are high sensitivity, so di masyadong problemado sa amps. be forewarned though that these speakers sound rather bright, but if paired with the right amp can sound real good. I've heard the klipsch synergy with a harman kardon..not bad at all ;D

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2003 at 09:58 AM »
attn: redkoji

do you have a broken-in RB-3? i'd like to try it again.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Apr 02, 2003 at 04:02 PM »
attn: redkoji

do you have a broken-in RB-3? i'd like to try it again.

Thanks for the review in the RB-3, well we find it balancea nd next time we will have a unit for review that has been broken-in.

After holy week we will contact you for another round of review. Right now we have not yet replace yun set-up sa Rockwell kaya hindi pa na break-in yun units.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Apr 02, 2003 at 04:14 PM »

Just sent me a PM of your contact number para sa arrangement of your private listening. We hope you could bring in your CD or DVD. We prefer doing that way since mas memorized nyo yun how it will sound like.

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Apr 03, 2003 at 10:47 AM »
i will second what redkoji suggested. bring your own materials (CD). the branch at powerplant does not have any decent CD materials, honstly and frankly.