Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 197694 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Mede8er MED300X
« Reply #480 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 09:35 AM »
Just wanted to share with you my non-professional review of the 300X. I will just follow the same layout Doc Mel did in page 1 :)

MEDE8ER MED300X

Conclusion

However, out of the box, I feel that the only real advantage of the 300X vs my Egreat is the loading speed. As for video and audio quality, I still prefer the Egreat...but that's just me. ;)

Alan, was able to play and output DTS MA / Dolby TrueHD using Mede8er 300x. Used the BD Rips I got from you  ;D However, parang I like the sound and video of Egreat (i might be one na masuwerte that did not experience problem in playing BD Rips sa Egreat using Esata connection) more than Mede8er 300x. Although mas maganda yung black level nung Mede8er 300x but seems a little grainy. Maybe it is just the adjustment na hindi ko pa na discover. Noticed kasi during boot na ang baba ng resolution nung Mede8er but eventually tataas up to 1080i. Wala din masyado choices sa video set-up  if i remember right will only give you 3 choices which i ended up choosing HDMI Auto. Have not used the search function although nawala yung puwede ka input ng number/time to go to a particular movie scene na mayron sa 500x  :(

Mayron pala ito thumbnail view option which is not present sa 500x ;D I like the 500x more than the 300x  ;D Kaya lang binili nung brother in law ko yung 500x  ;D

I will have to agree with Von here. As seen on my initial review on the 300X found above, my conclusion states that the PQ and SQ of the Egreat is better. I thought that it was just me, but now that Von thinks the same thing, then I my obsevation was correct.

If you check my thread in the gallery, though I have the 300X, I still did not replace the Egreat mainly for this 2 reasons. The only disadvantage of the Egreat is it's very slow loading time. :(

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #481 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
I will have to agree with Von here. As seen on my initial review on the 300X found above, my conclusion states that the PQ and SQ of the Egreat is better. I thought that it was just me, but now that Von thinks the same thing, then I my obsevation was correct.

If you check my thread in the gallery, though I have the 300X, I still did not replace the Egreat mainly for this 2 reasons. The only disadvantage of the Egreat is it's very slow loading time. :(

brader yan ang mistake ko, i sold my Egreat just recently  :( ang bilis nga sa buy & sell section after less than 1 hour mayron na agad nag reserve. well let us wait what others will have to say about their findings  ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM »
brader yan ang mistake ko, i sold my Egreat just recently  :( ang bilis nga sa buy & sell section after less than 1 hour mayron na agad nag reserve. well let us wait what others will have to say about their findings  ;)

I almost sold mine as well, but when I saw the difference in PQ and SQ between the 2, I decided not to sell it. By the way, I won the 300X in the last Pdvd X'mas party, that's why I was able to compare both. ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM »

You know what's strange right now, even though my AVR is totally 20th century, I actually can detect some sound signature difference when the file contains DTS and when the file has DTS-HDMA.  Parang manipis ang bass kung HD audio.  I thought, WoW, mala pure Hi-Fi sound pala ang dating - meaning matinis and maraming details ang tunog imbes na makalabog.  Hehehe.

that was the mistake committed by a lot of members during one of the EB kina Streetsmart. ang karamihan akala the louder and bass shaking sound is yung HD Sound Format but eventually found out na it is the other way around were the HD Sound Format gives a little more details (and not necessarily louder) than DTS.

also, i find the files i got from you is clearer and nice sounding than the ones i got elsewhere. your Eagles Concert is a classic example, hindi pa ito HD format but a lot better than the copy i got elsewhere recently. Well the file size alone has given me the idea that malayo talaga even without playing it pa. After playing the file pinatay ko na agad kasi nadismaya ako  ;D sayang i did not notice your post sa Computer Thread, by the time nakita ko is malapit na sa deadline  :(

i too miss my egreat. dalawang egreat na and dumaan sa kamay ko and both is wala na sa akin  :( the only reason i sold my egreat is aesthetics. nasa harap kasi yung cable ng Esata kaya eye sore  :(

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM »
I almost sold mine as well, but when I saw the difference in PQ and SQ between the 2, I decided not to sell it. By the way, I won the 300X in the last Pdvd X'mas party, that's why I was able to compare both. ;D

sayang was not able to attend the last Christmas party. at least now you got a better prize compared to last year  ;D buhay pa ba yung DVD  ;) keep the egreat ok yan in my opinion  :)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM »
sayang was not able to attend the last Christmas party. at least now you got a better prize compared to last year  ;D buhay pa ba yung DVD  ;) keep the egreat ok yan in my opinion  :)

Now that I know that quality is better with the Egreat...YES! I am going to keep it. ;D

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #486 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM »
Now that I know that quality is better with the Egreat...YES! I am going to keep it. ;D

Oyyy! ganun pala -- Thanks for the review. Inis na ko sa egreat ko kahapon kasi wala siya sound kung DTS-HD or DD THD ang file -- yun pala mas ok generally ang sound and pic quality nito as compared with other NMTs  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #487 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 02:11 PM »
mgkno po ba egreat sa ehome?
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #488 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 02:43 PM »
Have anybody tried the firmware release V3.0.5 dated December 27, 2010??  http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3908.0.html

Any feedbacks from users??
ALA EH!!

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #489 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 02:53 PM »
Joining thread for updates,

Jumped the gun and got a 300x for Christmas ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 07:51 PM »

congrats brader! got 1 too  ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 09:10 PM »

Congrats brader Chan ;D Are you ready for your downloading lessons? :D

congrats brader! got 1 too  ;)

Congrats brader Von ;D I bet you are enjoying the speed of the machine. Do you have internal HD on your unit? :)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #492 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 01:11 AM »
mgkno po ba egreat sa ehome?

I didn't see any Egreat units at Ehome, only XTreamer and Mede8er.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 01:26 AM »
I didn't see any Egreat units at Ehome, only XTreamer and Mede8er.

I bought mine from them some time ago. Did you ask them when you checked? :)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #494 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 01:44 AM »
I bought mine from them some time ago. Did you ask them when you checked? :)

No I didn't ask. At the time I didn't know about Egreat, I only saw the other two NMT's on display.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #495 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 03:23 AM »
I am waiting for the MED200X.
Anyone knows if this model will be sold in our market?
Pricing?

I am interested in the Mede8er new units because it supports flac 24/192.

Will use the MED200X  more for audio.

Thanks.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 03:48 AM »
I am waiting for the MED200X.
Anyone knows if this model will be sold in our market?
Pricing?

I am interested in the Mede8er new units because it supports flac 24/192.

Will use the MED200X  more for audio.

Thanks.

Why wait for the 200X sir...? The 500X and 300X can also play flac upto 24bit/192Khz audio files... :) I already tried this with my 300X, moreover, even with my Egreat. Most NMT players do play flac audio files. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2010 at 04:06 AM by stickfighter »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 04:23 AM »
Link to Mede8er MED300X Product Info below:

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_products_med300x.html

• Internal 3.5" HDD Bay
• Low noise fan with TPE Mounts
• Metal chassis - solid design
• New Casablanca GUI
• Built in Search Facility
• Auto Scan HDD feature “Music” “Photo” “Movie”
• Media Library - change view on the fly facility
• Photo Grid Picture View
• Thumbnail View
• SD Card slot
• Photo slide show with background music
• Modern slim-line modern Remote Control
• Built-in File Manager

The MED300X was developed by Sanji for those who demand the best in picture and audio without all the fuss. Simple yet very functional in operation and design. The low revolution fan and special rubber mounts ensures that the MED300X runs very quiet. The MED300X offers a very low cost solution for users who want a Multimedia Player that is ideal for large size internal 3.5" Hard Drives and hosting of external USB Hard Drives. The MED300X is not supplied standard with an internal Hard Drive. Certain regions will offer bundle deals that include the Hard  Drive - please check the packaging for details.

Play just about everything .... on your TV

Specifications

Processor: Realtek RTD1055 - 16MB NOR Flash - 128MB DDR2 SDRAM
Video Formats Supported: AVI / BDMV Light / BDISO Light / MKV / TS / TP / TRP / M2TS / MPG / MP4 / MOV / M4V / VOB / ISO / IFO / DAT / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB / FLV resolution up to 720p / 1080i / 1080p
Video Codecs Supported: MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 SP /ASP /AVC (H.264) / XviD / DivX / WMV9 (VC-1) / RealVideo 8/9/10 (up to 720P)
Audio Codec Supported: Mp3 / Mp2 / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / AAC / RA / Dolby True HD Passthrough / DTS MA Passthrough to Core 5.1 on HDMI only / Dolby AC3 Downmix & Passthrough / DTS Downmix & Passthrough / FLAC up to 24bit 192Khz /WAV, WMA Standard (DRM, & Advanced Profile not supported)
Photo format Supported: JPEG, BMP, PNG
File System Supported: FAT32, NTFS
Video output resolution: NTSC, PAL, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p. 24hz
Input / Output
• HDMI 1.3, Composite Video
• Stereo RCA audio for analog audio connection
• SD / Sony Pro Duo Card Slot
• SPDIF Optical - Co-Ax Digital Audio Outputs
• USB - 2.0 HOST port x 2

General
• Low noise Fan with TPE mounts
• Media Search Facility
• Thumbnail View
• Auto scan HDD feature “Music” “Photo” “Movie”
• Resume playback feature
• Firmware Update via USB
• Photo slide show with background music
• Time Bar FF/FR
• File Manager Copying - Card, USB, and Network
• Subtitle: SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI format
• Size: 225 X 160 X 60 mm

Contents: MED300X, RC, 2 x AAA Batteries, AC Adapter, HDMI Cable, USB Cable, AV Cables, User Instructions.

Optional Extra - WiFi Dongle Plus Base
for Network and Internet Radio Streaming
(Available 2011 Q1)

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2010 at 04:26 AM by stickfighter »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 08:23 AM »
Congrats brader Von ;D I bet you are enjoying the speed of the machine. Do you have internal HD on your unit? :)

brader Martin yup mayron internal 1.5TB on my unit and an HDD dock connected too. so far ok naman and no heat issues even if I watch 3 consecutive movies  ;) saan pala yung search botton parang wala yung remote ko  ;)

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 09:43 AM »
Why wait for the 200X sir...? The 500X and 300X can also play flac upto 24bit/192Khz audio files... :) I already tried this with my 300X, moreover, even with my Egreat. Most NMT players do play flac audio files. ;)

Cheaper:), i am not so keen on the video capablities.

Any other nmt's that plays  FLAC 24bit 192Khz you can recommend except the Mede8er?

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #500 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM »
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM »
I have observed a very unusual behaviour ng med 500x ko.

When I power up my unit from standby na off pa ang display ko, pag power on ko ng x20 ko, red ang font at graphics ng med tapos misaligned sa screen.  Pag on naman ang display ko and then I power up my med, wala namang problema at as is lahat.  I'll try to post some pics for this. Naguguluhan lang ako, I posted this to see if may ibang med owners experiencing this "phenomenon" ;D.

Cheers!
ALA EH!!

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 01:25 PM »
kaiboer, sells @ P2.5k only ;)
http://www.kaiboerhd.com/product_view.php?id=281&f=tech

Nice, a lot cheaper than a Mede8er.
Where can we get this?

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #503 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 01:41 PM »
What about the inferior PQ and SQ of Mede8ter against the Egreat/Popcorn as earlier reviewed by Stickfighter and Vtech?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #504 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 04:12 PM »
I have observed a very unusual behaviour ng med 500x ko.

When I power up my unit from standby na off pa ang display ko, pag power on ko ng x20 ko, red ang font at graphics ng med tapos misaligned sa screen.  Pag on naman ang display ko and then I power up my med, wala namang problema at as is lahat.  I'll try to post some pics for this. Naguguluhan lang ako, I posted this to see if may ibang med owners experiencing this "phenomenon" ;D.

Cheers!

i think this happens really. I have observed this as well both in my med and eaget before. im not concerned though as it has not created anything critical about the performance
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #505 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 04:17 PM »
What about the inferior PQ and SQ of Mede8ter against the Egreat/Popcorn as earlier reviewed by Stickfighter and Vtech?

im not sure about my eyes but probably because i have a low expectations about media players, PQ has never been an issue to me sir lance. When we did the NMT comparison before, i really had  hard time distinguishing PQ among the NMTs tested. I am very happy with the PQ and SQ of the med out of the box
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 05:39 PM »

what might look good to some might not look good to others  ;) personally i find lang the PQ of Egreat sharper compared to my Mede8er 300x but not necessarily saying that the PQ of the 300x is not good. i am not sure if because of the HDMI auto setting of 300x that some scene tends to be softer. Probably also this depends on how good the file encode is. So depends on the bitrate of the downloaded movie at a particular time then 300x adjust accordingly. With Egreat kasi you can select specific video setting. Try watching DVD/BD and try monitoring the bitrate and you will notice significant flactuations. Again, this is just my personal opinion. Watched The Last Airbender last night and SQ is great while PQ is above average  ;D

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #507 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 05:52 PM »
what might look good to some might not look good to others  ;) personally i find lang the PQ of Egreat sharper compared to my Mede8er 300x but not necessarily saying that the PQ of the 300x is not good. i am not sure if because of the HDMI auto setting of 300x that some scene tends to be softer. Probably also this depends on how good the file encode is. So depends on the bitrate of the downloaded movie at a particular time then 300x adjust accordingly. With Egreat kasi you can select specific video setting. Try watching DVD/BD and try monitoring the bitrate and you will notice significant flactuations. Again, this is just my personal opinion. Watched The Last Airbender last night and SQ is great while PQ is above average  ;D

Cool!  My HDX1000 died on me just a few minutes ago...2 years old.  Gotta buy me a new NMT.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 09:17 PM »
Cool!  My HDX1000 died on me just a few minutes ago...2 years old.  Gotta buy me a new NMT.

So sorry to hear that sir Lance. :( Since your in the market for a new one, choose wisely. ;)

Like as brader Von mentioned, it's a personal preference. I have had my Egreat NMT unit since October 2008 and is still in good running condition - never gave me problems.

Last November, I won the 300X on the Pdvd X'mas party as part of the raffle. I went to Ehome to claim my unit as soon as the shipment arrived. The guys from Ehome updated the unit with the latest firmware and I split.

As I got home, I disconnected the Egreat and installed the 300X. I was excited. The speed of the 300X vs the Egreat was lighting fast!!! I was impressed. The GUI was way better than the Egreat. And then I tried playing one of the files I am very familiar with, as I watch it all the time. That's when I realized, that the PQ and SQ of the Egreat seemed better. I viewed some more files that I was familiar with using both units and in all of them, I prefered the quality generated by the Egreat.

Again, I am not saying that the 300X is poor in terms of PQ and SQ. What I am saying is - "PERSONALLY", I like the PQ and SQ of the Egreat. I still have my 300X and have not decided to sell it. Ever since that day, I have not hooked it up again. I should give it a second chance and see if I missed out on any setting or what not... :)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 01:10 AM »
Or your can simply try some 1080p mkvs that the Egreat would hardly be able to play.  Maganda nga yung image but unreliable naman ang playback, what would you do?