Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156627 times)

Offline itoT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm now using the Ext2Fsd and  it's working fine... ;)

Offline apollorod

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
thank you sirs
so wait muna for now. hope popcorn will expedite 3D playback work around or adoption of Real3D.

mga bro, it seems optoma 3D-XL is the missing link to experience 3D with future buy a-200 and h5360
according to optoma 3D-XL site, h5360 is compatible based on their tests
according to optoma 3D-XL sample user guide, you can connect any 3D device HDMI 1.3 (2D) with 2D 1080i (50hz or 60hz) side-by-side (half) signal output (need to switch the optoma adapter to SBS mode to enjoy 3D)
all popcorn device, according to a thread in networkmediatank.com, can play SBS(half) and worked with 3DTV
seems marami nang 3D SBS(half) mkv, pwede ;D

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
i encountered a problem with nmj, it used to be ok (with images and complete movie descriptions..etc.) until i updated it when i added new movies today. i have around 70 movies on my list but after the update, it became 27. i tried to do a rescan, but still the same.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Was this NMJ created using just the firmware or did you use ToNMJ converter (from YAMJ jukebox)?

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
Was this NMJ created using just the firmware or did you use ToNMJ converter (from YAMJ jukebox)?

just the fw update...i'm not using the yamj...i don't know what happened. when ever i have new movies, update ko agad nmj, ok naman result. but this time, nawala more than half...the movie files are still there so i can still play them. i followed the correct naming of movie files. :-\

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
strange...ok na ulit nmj ko  ;D

Offline niknok1975

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
.. just got the a200 from one of the resellers,  i can't get the NMT apps installed onto the disk .. i got the unit with disk already installed, formatted in NTFS .. though i see from other forums that NMT apps should be installed on EXT3, the reseller insists that all their buyers are able to install NMT apps on NTFS and works fine ... does anyone have the steps to get this done?

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
.. just got the a200 from one of the resellers,  i can't get the NMT apps installed onto the disk .. i got the unit with disk already installed, formatted in NTFS .. though i see from other forums that NMT apps should be installed on EXT3, the reseller insists that all their buyers are able to install NMT apps on NTFS and works fine ... does anyone have the steps to get this done?

You need to have the NMT apps installed on an EXT3 formatted drive. A workaround is to use a cheap 1GB USB stick, format it to EXT3, and then install the NMTs apps on the stick. You can then define the destination drive as the internal drive for the NMT apps such as the built-in torrent app.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yup... that's my setup but I use 4GB stick coz' it's cheap nowadays.

Offline niknok1975

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
You need to have the NMT apps installed on an EXT3 formatted drive. A workaround is to use a cheap 1GB USB stick, format it to EXT3, and then install the NMTs apps on the stick. You can then define the destination drive as the internal drive for the NMT apps such as the built-in torrent app.

Yup... that's my setup but I use 4GB stick coz' it's cheap nowadays.

thanks, i thought so.  i just wanted to know if i was missing anything, since the reseller insisted that all their other buyers was able to make NMT Apps work on their NTFS formatted drives, without having to reformat to  EXT3. 

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
how can you put an image in nmj if the file is bdmv? i tried...movie_name_folder>movie_name_jpg, bdmv folder...but it didn't work.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:12 AM by itoT »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Here's an actual sample from my own library;

\Avatar (2009)
\Avatar (2009)\Avatar\BDMV <---- BDMV folder structure
\Avatar (2009)\Avatar.jpg <---- Cover poster
\Avatar (2009)\Avatar.fanart.jpg <---- Fanart
\Avatar (2009)\Avatar.nfo <---- NFO file (not necessary but I always have NFO on all files)

The common mistake is putting the JPG files in the BDMV folder which isn't the case for NMJ. This was decided because we don't want to interfere with the BDMV folder structures as ripped from retail discs.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
thanks scifi-fan :) Now I'm trying My Movies Collection Management with NMJ...and it works well...it's just that the hd fanart has a fee. :(

Offline Hero33

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:

Hello A200 people!

Just got my a200 and wanted to ask, why does the video coming from the a200 look less sharp than what's coming out of my xbox 360?

This is how it was set up:

A200 and Xbox are both connected via component SD connection to a standard SD TV connection.
Using the same source file streamed from my Mac, which is in HD.
Both use the same network via LAN cable.

I'm guessing the Xbox is upscaling the video so it looks clearer? Cause the difference in quality is noticeable.
So the PCH is probably just playing the file as is?

Next question,

What do you guys recommend I leave my audio setting on the PCH as? Its hooked up to an Onkyo amp so I'm guessing it should be on pass through? Or are files better off being mixed?

Thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Hi!

Some have been asking if an NMT is capable of playing 3D.  Well here is how the A200 plays single Half-SBS 3D mkvs on a non-3DTV.

That's not the V20 doing some kind of P&P thingy.  It's the V20 telling us it can't display the left and right images in 3D.   ;D  Kinda cool looking though ne?   ;D  So the next question is, will these 3D movies be actually shown in 3D if I have a 3DTV with active shutter glass?   ;)

BTW, full-SBS 3D movies display as BLANK on the HDTV when played via the A200.  
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2010 at 06:32 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline apollorod

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Hi!

Some have been asking if an NMT is capable of playing 3D.  Well here is how the A200 plays single Half-SBS 3D mkvs on a non-3DTV.

That's not the V20 doing some kind of P&P thingy.  It's the V20 telling us it can't display the left and right images in 3D.   ;D  Kinda cool looking though ne?   ;D  So the next question is, will these 3D movies be actually shown in 3D if I have a 3DTV with active shutter glass?   ;)

BTW, full-SBS 3D movies display as BLANK on the HDTV when played via the A200.  

back read lang sir

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
No current media player can play full 3D. Only HTPC with the correct specs can play full 3D.
while all current media player regardless of brand can half sbs 3D. Your 3DTV will combined the sbs to 1 image.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
No current media player can play full 3D. Only HTPC with the correct specs can play full 3D.
while all current media player regardless of brand can half sbs 3D. Your 3DTV will combined the sbs to 1 image.

It has to be a single file in the case of a standalone media player.  For those encodes having 2 files, the A200 and KMP can only play one file at a time - but that's the same as playing a 2D content.   ;D

Offline yeaboi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
would a usb hub be compatible with pcha200? having difficulty as i have one slot for the apps stick then another slot for the wifi dongle. need one more slot for my BT files stick (easier as opposed to searching for BT files using the PCH). oh, and if possible still another slot for an external usb cooling fan (like those of laptops)

Offline sebastianluke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hello mga sirs...

Any feedback on the new firmware released last 17 December 2010?  
 02-04-101208-21-POP-411-000
What's the difference with the previous firmware?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011 at 09:47 PM by sebastianluke »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
That firmware introduced mostly bugfixes to the previous firmware (NMJ introduction).

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
upcoming on next firmware update  ;D

- 3D output to HDMI 3D TV for Stereoscopic 3D  ;)
-- half-resolution side-by-side, top-and-bottom 3D file supported
- FF and RW support 2x and 4x to Music playback added
- RAR Playback, file view and extraction

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yes I am testing them now.

Unfortunately I can't test 3D as I don't have a 3D capable display.

Some other features that are coming are;

- Forced subtitles in MKV. Imagine movies like Avatar, District 9, Kill Bill Vol. 1 only displaying non-english subtitles.
- NMJ improvements (better editing, faster scanning).

I am testing thoroughly forced subtitles because I was the one who requested the feature to be added so it's kinda like my baby. I requested this feature 6 months ago and I kinda thought it wouldn't be granted but it did :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Why dont they fix the WMV and MP4 (and anything other than MKV) stutter muna?  That frustrates me like hell.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2665
sir what is meant by "forced subtitles" ?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Forced subtitles are just that... forced.

Even if you don't set the subtitle to ON, it will still display.

A perfect example is District 9.

If you play it back using a Bluray player, you will get subtitles during the portions of the movie where the aliens are talking EVEN if you set subtitles to OFF during setup. That's because the movie experience is affected without them.

The problem stems when you backup BD to MKV format.

Even though all the MKV tools allow one to rip the subtitle tracks and even identify them properly (default, language, forced), currently the firmware doesn't detect the forced subtitle flag (in mkvmerge).

So using the current firmware, if I watch District 9, I have to turn subtitles on manually during the alien parts if I don't want to see english subtitles at the same time.

Other movies that use Forced subs;

Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 - Japanese, Chinese speaking scenes only
Inglorious Bastards - German speaking scenes.
Bourne Trilogy - foreign language only.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2665
Forced subtitles are just that... forced.

Even if you don't set the subtitle to ON, it will still display.

A perfect example is District 9.

If you play it back using a Bluray player, you will get subtitles during the portions of the movie where the aliens are talking EVEN if you set subtitles to OFF during setup. That's because the movie experience is affected without them.

The problem stems when you backup BD to MKV format.

Even though all the MKV tools allow one to rip the subtitle tracks and even identify them properly (default, language, forced), currently the firmware doesn't detect the forced subtitle flag (in mkvmerge).

So using the current firmware, if I watch District 9, I have to turn subtitles on manually during the alien parts if I don't want to see english subtitles at the same time.

Other movies that use Forced subs;

Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 - Japanese, Chinese speaking scenes only
Inglorious Bastards - German speaking scenes.
Bourne Trilogy - foreign language only.

thanks for the info sir ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline itoT

• Collector
  • Liked:
How to put music files in NMJ?

\Artist\Album\Mp3 files....Tama ba?

Offline yeaboi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
any way to tweak torrents here? my max connections are only 60 even in the torrent fiile has 1000+ seeders...
also, how can i access the interbal hd? i connected the pch to my laptop via the usb port at the back but nothing happens, i can't access the files inside. help would be much appreciated

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Some months back I tried to tweak the max connections but it overwhelmed the unit and would cause lock-ups.

If you use the USB slave mode to attach to your laptop, you have to make sure your laptop has the drivers to be able to read ext2/3 partitions as this is the format of the internal HD.

As a bit more experienced user, I always format all drives to NTFS and put the NMT Apps on a USB stick. It's easier for me this way.