Author Topic: Anyone still HD DVD-ing?  (Read 13555 times)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Anyone still HD DVD-ing?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM »
sir raymond,

i buy my hddvd here. although it has shipping fee, but it gives discounts on shipping sometimes.

they are selling transformers for a dollar!  ;D

and it accepts paypal.

http://search.inetvideo.com/search?p=Q&srid=S11-4&lbc=inetvideo&ts=custom&w=hd%20dvd&uid=570538772&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM »
sir raymond,

i buy my hddvd here. although it has shipping fee, but it gives discounts on shipping sometimes.

they are selling transformers for a dollar!  ;D

and it accepts paypal.

http://search.inetvideo.com/search?p=Q&srid=S11-4&lbc=inetvideo&ts=custom&w=hd%20dvd&uid=570538772&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0

Ok thanks for the link sir iiinas, ya I was looking for some hddvds last night thru amazon, specifically Dukes of Hazzard ;D. Kinda stupid movie ;D, but I like Burt Reynolds haha..Comfort movie for me haha..Sometimes I wanna rest from all the "explosions and killings movies" haha ;D Ya Inetvideo is the only one that has it hehe..I might buy children of men, The kingdom, Dukes of Hazzard and some others hehe..

I think the players will really last anyway. However, I noticed a couple movies skipped on my a35. But I think its no problem. Hey 1 dollar hd movies, how can you beat that ;) ;D

Good to hear that Raymond! ;)

hehe, thanks Paul ya my hands were sweating  with fear last night  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM by Moks007 »

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM »
Make sure you have the latest firmware for your HD-DVD players. Usually it's juat a matter of connecting it to the internet if it has an ethernet port.  Haven't experienced skips after I upgraded my players
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM »
Thanks for the heads up iiinas. ;) Later I'll try to search for some titles that I still may not have. At those price level it's hard to resist eh...HD DVD is pretty alive & kicking in my home... :P
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM by pchin »

Offline joey escalera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM »
san mas maganda PQ ng dvd..sa upscaling o sa hddvd player?

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 01:37 PM »
yes maganda mag-upscale ng standard DVDs ang Toshiba HD-DVD players. It's comparable to all upscaling DVD players that are available locally for around P5000-6000, baka better pa
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 07:10 PM »
Is it still worth purchasing HD DVD player / drive for people who are starting in HD?

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 10:15 PM »
Is it still worth purchasing HD DVD player / drive for people who are starting in HD?

if your purpose is to collect movies in disc format, and you dont mind a dead format, then yes hd dvd is a good investment and the titles are dirt cheap here and in ebay...

but if you have the funds,,, and you want a disc based library... then get a bluray player..

but if your purpose is just to view and watch hd movies and not collect.. then just go for a NMT player...

i know im the one selling the hd dvd youre interested on, but i just cant help being totally honest.. i love this forum too much... and i dont want to make you feel ive swindled you or something...

but how i wish hd dvd is still alive.. imho hddvd > bluray.. .even upto now....

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 10:57 PM »
There you go, Waxx put it nicely. :) Just to add regarding the NMT player, it's also the cheapest way to collect HD movie & using your NMT as a movie database parang music jukebox.  ;)

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 12:58 AM »
sir waxx, thank you for the honest response first and foremost.  :)

Actually I have my fair share of *ahem* files stored in some of my hard disks and I had already experienced the media tank route..had because.. I sold my Popcorn Hour A110 to a fellow PDVDer.  :)  I love my media tank and believe me I would kill to have one again, it's just that right now different priorities are in order.

I asked because, I wanted people's fair share of ideas ( and one of em was yours  ;D ), on going legit and having a collection of discs (whether bluray or the defunct hd-dvd) .  I know that re-encodes of files that are downloaded off you know what sites don't look different visually as the legit ones (at least in my perspective before I got to view an actual disc playing inside my PC).  I guess I just want build my own collection of discs that are worth collecting :)

Actually, I was carefully thinking about your item in marketplace, but then I found and bought an xbox 360 hddvd player selling  for a very cheap price. I then just bought 4 discs from another member here. Right now, I can say I'm enjoying it visually. I'm a happy camper. I hope to learn from everyone here, even though I'm not an active poster. Damn..the SARS bug really bit me  :D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 07:22 AM »
Actually, I was carefully thinking about your item in marketplace, but then I found and bought an xbox 360 hddvd player selling  for a very cheap price. I then just bought 4 discs from another member here. Right now, I can say I'm enjoying it visually. I'm a happy camper.

Good to hear you got a good deal on a Xbox 360 HDVD. There's nothing wrong investing in such "out-dated" player so long you have the budget & willing to accept the "risks" involved then HD DVD discs is a cheap way to enjoy HD movies & grow your "hard copy" collection. ;)

If you haven't got a Blu player yet, I'm sure that will be your next target buy (SARS!) as all the new/latest (including catalog) movies are available in this format only. :)

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 09:35 PM »
Good to hear you got a good deal on a Xbox 360 HDVD. There's nothing wrong investing in such "out-dated" player so long you have the budget & willing to accept the "risks" involved then HD DVD discs is a cheap way to enjoy HD movies & grow your "hard copy" collection. ;)

If you haven't got a Blu player yet, I'm sure that will be your next target buy (SARS!) as all the new/latest (including catalog) movies are available in this format only. :)

Hehe..yeah I'm reading a couple of threads here about a Bluray player promo that sold for around 7,900 pesoses and at the same time I'm thinking of getting a Sony PS3..panalo kasi..you can game and at the same time you can watch bluray. Tapos a lot of members here participate in online orders for bluray discs (Amazon.com or any other site)...nakakaenganyo! :D

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 07:30 AM »
Got an HD-A2 for only 2k with free Planet Earth.

I was also able to unlock the region coding again  ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 09:25 AM »
 ;D, just watched Trading places in my a30 last night. Will watch mission impossible and matrix series next ;D. I have only around 20 unwatched hddvds left. Once I finish them will go thru the special features ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 08:09 AM »
;D, just watched Trading places in my a30 last night. Will watch mission impossible and matrix series next ;D. I have only around 20 unwatched hddvds left. Once I finish them will go thru the special features ;D

Nice one Raymond. Mission accomplished! Next mission now. ;D

Offline bananabond

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
what is HD DVD ing? whats the diff between regular dvd?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 02:14 PM »
what is HD DVD ing? whats the diff between regular dvd?

hd dvd was the competing high def disc format supported by toshiba et al, but unfortunately it lost out to bluray of sony et al.

it was a very quick format war. but a lot of early adopters still have these players and some u.s. sites still sell hddvds for cheap. second hand market is also thriving. here in pdvd, you can still see pre-owned hddvds from 200-500 per disc. so in short, its a quick and cheap way of getting your high def disc fix.

and to answer your question, its definitely better than dvd, pq wise.

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #47 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 10:09 PM »
HD-DVD What???
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 11:29 PM »

Offline gilghost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010 at 11:36 AM »
yup i still have it for my Xbox 360... i got the matirx collection and fast and the furious collection for HD DVD... saw some titles on sale at infomax last sale in megamall... selling for 250php / title... got them all hehehe

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #50 on: Jun 01, 2010 at 09:58 AM »
Sir,

Can you share your modified 2.501 for hd-a2? thnx

Got an HD-A2 for only 2k with free Planet Earth.

I was also able to unlock the region coding again  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jun 01, 2010 at 10:57 AM »
I think it's very risky to mod it as it's the last of its kind....if anything happens there will be no more spare parts or support...  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 09:23 AM »
Anyone interested to buy my small collection of HD DVD?

Planet Earth
Ultimate Matrix
Heroes Season 1
20 more titles
HD DVD Add-On Drive (you need an Xbox360 or a decent PC with PowerDVD Ultra).

Im thinking 7K for the entire set.

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #53 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 10:44 AM »
sir let me know kung pede ultimate matrix lang. tnx

Anyone interested to buy my small collection of HD DVD?

Planet Earth
Ultimate Matrix
Heroes Season 1
20 more titles
HD DVD Add-On Drive (you need an Xbox360 or a decent PC with PowerDVD Ultra).

Im thinking 7K for the entire set.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
sir let me know kung pede ultimate matrix lang. tnx

Papadala ko kase lahat sa Wife and she's going to take care of the transaction.   She might not agree na paisa-isahin. 

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #55 on: Oct 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM »
I have a A2 I think I got fr DITOY_EAGLE & there's still plenty of discs I havent watch maybe around 30 or more. Some are still sealed. I just took the opportunity to grab this at a bargain price coz never tried HD/DVD. I'm from DVD then jump directly to BLU-RAY (never had the chance to join HD/DVD craze coz at that certain time I kind a lost interest in my AUDIO/VIDEO hobby for awhile). During my first hook-up & watching it I really think that HD/DVD is better, more crispier are the PQ & it reads faster when loading the disc. Or it's just my thinking? But honestly I think HD/dvd is better but BLU-RAY is the in-thing now so we have no choice ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM by at_sunset_blvd »
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM »
I agree, some titles mas maganda yung HD-DVD vs the Bluray counterpart. And HD-DVDs are cheap nowadays if you can find one. So for me, it's worth it to keep this format. But the newer titles na bluray lang ang meron like Avatar, walang laban any HD-DVD disc! hehe

If you guys have an Xbox 360, mukhang good deal yung bundle ni Clondalkin for P7000 you get close to 30 HD-DVD titles already.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2010 at 11:47 AM by ditoy_eagle »