Author Topic: C.S.I. on AXN  (Read 21636 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re:C.S.I. on AXN
« Reply #90 on: Apr 11, 2003 at 06:37 PM »
I didn't know there was a CSI game. I only know of the Law & Order PC game.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
C.S.I. on AXN
« Reply #91 on: Apr 11, 2003 at 10:01 PM »
bakit naman nila tatanggalin sa AXN?

like what they did to Survivor. nung pinalabas sa S23, nawala na sa AXN.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 05:45 PM »
AXN stopped airing Survivor kasi maraming nagcomplain about animal brutality, not because Studio 23 started airing it. I think it was the Australian Outback that got them protesting.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 05:56 PM »
AXN stopped airing Survivor kasi maraming nagcomplain about animal brutality, not because Studio 23 started airing it. I think it was the Australian Outback that got them protesting.

Which, I think, was hypocritical. I bet the protesters were celebrating their victory by eating medium-rare hamburgers in their backyard.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #94 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 06:06 PM »

Where did you read that? I emailed AXN about the disappearance of SURVIVOR when Survivor: Marquesas wasn't carried, and they said it was a licensing problem beyond their control.

I know they stopped airing Survivor: The Australian Outback in India because of the pig slaughter incident, but it continued airing in all other territories covered by AXN, even the next season was covered. India even got the folowing season of Survivor on AXN, but it was one week delayed from the rest of Asia, so any objectionable scenes could be edited out in time.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2003 at 06:16 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 06:46 PM »
uh, here in pinoydvd?  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2003 at 06:55 PM by utoy »

Offline gurang

• DVD Addict
  • Behind every myth is a liar
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Apr 21, 2003 at 12:27 AM »
Now I love CSI. I think it is God's gift to nerds. But I'm getting irritated with their storylines, as if William Petersen isn't irritating enough. Why does it always have to feature some psychotic family relationship as integral to the murder. Why can't it be some simple stranger burgling into the house who kills darling Cindy Lou, instead having daddy or mommy or brother doing it. I mean, the appeal for CSI (at least to me) are the jazzy effects and the science investigations, and not the tawdry melodrama attendant to each case.

just ranting along...

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Apr 21, 2003 at 08:08 AM »

I finally got the CSI game and it's actually nice. You play a new investigator and get assigned to five cases to solve. In each case you would have one of the show's cast as a partner, with Jim Brass as your police liaison all throughout.

Though the replayability's low (once you solve the cases - that's it), the best attribute of the game were the voices - they got the actors in the show do the voice overs, from William Petersen to Greg Sanders :)

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Apr 21, 2003 at 08:11 AM »
I mean, the appeal for CSI (at least to me) are the jazzy effects and the science investigations, and not the tawdry melodrama attendant to each case.

But oftentimes the melodrama is what makes the case interesting - and it certainly adheres to the show's premise that nothing is what it seems.

IMO, the melodrama was actually lessened in seasons 2 and 3 as they concentrated more on the cases. Season 1 had the most human drama - with Gil falling for Teri Miller, Catherine and her problems with Eddie, Nick and the murdered prostitute, Warwick with his gambling problems, and Sara as the headstrong newbie. In the latter seasons, almost all of these were put on the backburner.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Apr 21, 2003 at 10:39 AM »

I finally got the CSI game and it's actually nice. You play a new investigator and get assigned to five cases to solve. In each case you would have one of the show's cast as a partner, with Jim Brass as your police liaison all throughout.

Though the replayability's low (once you solve the cases - that's it), the best attribute of the game were the voices - they got the actors in the show do the voice overs, from William Petersen to Greg Sanders :)

Thanks for the info. I might just try to pick it up.  :)  I was actually going to get it this weekend but with the price of three CDs, it was a little too rich for my blood.

Offline wcvmorasa

• DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jun 27, 2003 at 04:37 PM »
Uncanny, while watching Larry King Live, I remember this episode of CSI where this DUI violator hit a man and let him die in his windshield.

Life imitating art?

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/26/windshield.death/index.html

/319H

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jun 27, 2003 at 05:55 PM »
Uncanny, while watching Larry King Live, I remember this episode of CSI where this DUI violator hit a man and let him die in his windshield.

That IS amazing.

I remember I read an article in People magazine a while back that said that all the cases on the show were inspired by true cases, but just modified slightly for dramatic (and legal) purposes. I didn't believe it at the time - but I guess it must be true!

I'm guessing this incident must've happened quite some time ago, and just brought to trial now? At least I hope that's the case... either that, or she copied what she saw on the show. That's disturbing!
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2003 at 05:57 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 02:16 PM »
Who saw this week's episode on AXN?

Sure, the episode was about stand up comedians, so on top of Gilbert Gottfried and Bobcat Goldthwait (Man, that guy has lost a lot of weight!), let's amuse the audience with famous sitcom stars:

I mean, although their CSI recurring characters were non-vital to last night's episode, Leslie Bega from Head of the Class and Wallace Langham from Veronica's Closet made brief cameos. And to top that, they had JANICE from F*R*I*E*N*D*S and THE SOUP NAZI from Seinfeld!

Talk about your well-planned stunt casting, huh?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 06, 2003 at 01:22 PM »
Just saw an episode of CSI: Miami.

My one sentence description of the series: CSI: Miami is a flashier CSI. The characters wear flashier clothes and they drive Hummers instead of Fords or Chevrolets. Aside from the superficial differences, the Miami is the same as its big brother in all respects.

Oh, there's also one noticeable difference. David Caruso is the only actor in Miami that has a commanding screen presence, the others, including Kim Delaney are very nondescript. Not like the actors in CSI who can really hold their own against William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger.

I can't wait to see the rumored CSI: London.  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2003 at 01:23 PM by indie boi »

Offline gurang

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 12:55 AM »

I'm guessing this incident must've happened quite some time ago, and just brought to trial now? At least I hope that's the case... either that, or she copied what she saw on the show. That's disturbing!

That windshield incident happened a few years ago, though judgment was rendered just last week, so I guess the producers did adopt that case for the show. Horrible as that woman's actions were, I was shocked by the sentence: 60 years in prison. That would probably reduced somewhat on appeal.

Just saw an episode of CSI: Miami.

I did see the CSI:Miami cross-over episode with Vegas. Just as indie says, seems like the same banana in flashier wrapping. But I think I'd prefer Miami slightly over Vegas. Whatever the charms of Gina Gershon are obviated by my supreme annoyance at William Petersen's character. I think Caruso would be an easier actor to take. And that is a sentence that is not often heard, nor used lightly.

CSI: Miami also has one of my favorite actresses (Khandi Alexander) from one of my favorite series (NewsRadio). She plays the coroner with a touch of voodoo.

I once asked a friend if there was a chance there'd be a CSI: Manila, and my friend replied that if there was one, it would be a sitcom.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2003 at 12:58 AM by gurang »

Offline memorabillia86

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:C.S.I. Manila sitcom
« Reply #105 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 03:48 PM »
Dude, have you actually seen our forensics lab?

Offline gurang

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re:C.S.I. Manila sitcom
« Reply #106 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 11:37 PM »
Dude, have you actually seen our forensics lab?

Nope. Nor do I have any expectations to be met if and when I do see it.

This I know though - our local law enforcement forensics have a reputation of being inaccurate, so much so that people who do have to rely on accurate forensic findings for whatever purpose prefer to rely on private local experts (most reliably, they say, from the UP College of Medicine) or foreign government experts.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 09:23 AM »
Chalk me up as a fan of this one.

Not big on TV. Don't really like being a slave to a schedule. So far, in my lifetime, I've only been a fan of a small handful of TV shows that I followed semi-religiously  ---Simpsons, Seinfeld, NYPD Blue, Crime Story , Millennium, Wiseguy , a few others I'm forgetting.  All the rest I could take or leave.  ( Haven't even seen  a single episode of Homicide, 6 Ft.Under or Sopranos but I want to and whatever little I've seen of Buffy , Smallville and Sex and the City I thought was pretty damn awful. )

The plots do waver from time to time but I like this particular cocktail- -- the noir tendencies, the police procedural mechanisms, the character dynamics. And the writing is almost always solid (Unfriendly Skies, Blood Drops, the two-part pilot) I have high hopes for CSI Miami because of Caruso. And I suppose we part ways on William Petersen, gurang. I've always been a fan of his since To Live and Die In L.A.. (Same with Caruso.)

Surprisingly, though, I have to double-check the name of the rest of the cast even after I've been marathoning my DVDs this past weekend. I keep referring to the black guy as Alien 4 and the other guy as jawline. Only Jorja Fox registers but that's because she's hot. ;)  I'm not as anal as I used to be ,I guess. :)

But good show. ;D

CSI:London sounds intrguing. But CSI:Tokyo that I'd see. For sure, the crimes are going to be way way more bizarre.

My P0.02.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2003 at 09:45 AM by X44 »

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 10:17 AM »
Whatever the charms of Gina Gershon are obviated by my supreme annoyance at William Petersen's character.

Ummm I'm confused - is Gina Gershon in CSI: Miami?

Offline gurang

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 12:30 PM »
Ummm I'm confused - is Gina Gershon in CSI: Miami?

my bad.  :P I meant Jorja Fox.

Offline justine

• DVD Addict
  • Stay open, who knows, lightning would strike
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 01:42 PM »
my bad.  :P I meant Jorja Fox.

is it the same cast?

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 05:52 PM »
Another thing going for  CSI is longevity of quality, which should be a prerequisite of any TV series.

I tried sitting through the latest  episode of Alias, whose first few episodes had me really really jazzed, and I couldn't finish it. How quickly the soup turned rotten on this one. Jenifer Garner and Victor Garber are still sort-of saving graces but the quality has deteriorated, the writing dumbed down to the level of a ten year old. Then I find out it's created by the same guy who did the need-I-say-it's-crap Felicity. (Just this weekend, actually, so unhip am I) Which explains everything.

No such problems with CSI.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:19 PM »
is it the same cast?

No, it's not:

It's not even as well-written as the original, and despite having less competition than its parent show (which airs against NBC's powerhouse Must-See TV Thursday lineup), 8 million more people watch CSI than CSI: Miami every week.

It's sort of like CSI Season Three - not as exciting as its first two seasons, but still interesting to watch.

I haven't seen any episodes since they were forced to retool the show since it was underperforming, so hopefully it got a little better when Kim Delaney was fired.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:22 PM »
Whoah, Delaney was fired? What happened? I have to admit that she  really looked out of her element in the series. You just couldn't relate to her character.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:28 PM »
Whoah, Delaney was fired?

She was actually just brought in at the last minute mainly to create tension for Horatio (she wasn't even in the cross-over launch), and her character was really forced. If you watch several episodes, it's like both she and Caruso had the same function on the team.

You could see her character was in trouble since her screen time diminished more and more with each episode. It was very noticeable.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:31 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:32 PM »
She was actually just brought in at the last minute in mainly to create tension for Horatio (she wasn't even in the cross-over launch), and her character was really forced. If you watch several episodes, it's like both she and Caruso had the same role on the show.

You could see her character was in trouble since her screen time diminished more and more with each episode. It was very noticeable.

Thanks for the info.  ;D Delaney does look like a jittery Helgenberger in her role.  

I actually saw the cross-over episode and it was really, really cool! The dynamics between Caruso and Helgenberger should be explored more in coming seasons.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:39 PM »
The dynamics between Caruso and Helgenberger should be explored more in coming seasons.

I agree with that one! She'd be the perfect addition to the Miami Team.

But two fiery redheads might be too much for one show. Plus Grissom would miss her too much.  ::)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 06:42 PM »
I'd be content with a few more crossovers.  ;D

Since the Vegas team went to Miami, they should do it the other way around. I'd love to see how the writers will play Grissom's role against Horatio's -- two over-earnest and highly-opinionated men ... galing!!

;D

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 01:29 PM »
Since the Vegas team went to Miami, they should do it the other way around. I'd love to see how the writers will play Grissom's role against Horatio's -- two over-earnest and highly-opinionated men ... galing!!

I agree - I was actually hoping for a Gil/Horatio encounter back in the cross-over launch.

While I do agree that Catherine would make a great addition to the Miami team, I think they should transfer either Nick or Warrick instead as they basically perform the same duties naman in Las Vegas. And with the addition of Greg, the cast in Las Vegas kinda become crowded na (IMO) considering that they have recurring characters pa.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 17, 2003 at 10:57 PM »
Who saw this week's episode on AXN?

Among those who did, how many of you were wondering if Jorja Fox was pregnant because of her weird mood and her bulging abdomen in one scene?

I'm curious, since several people have asked me about this already.