Author Topic: The difference between pirated and original DVDs...  (Read 26438 times)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The difference between pirated and original DVDs...
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 06:35 AM »
the difference is..mas nanghihinayang ngaun un mga nangolekta ng original kesa pirated kasi bluray n ngaun ang bida..mas gumasta sila dati nun kasikatan ng dvds at di nila malaman ngaun kung paano ididispatsa un mga dvds nila para makapagupgrade na sila sa bluray....kita nito naman sa marketplace kung gaano kamumura n yun mga panindang dvds....just my cent..wag magagalit un mga dvd collectors..kasi ako din dvd collector dati... ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM »
You have to clearly know how to differentiate a "collector" from a regular "hoarder". A collector keeps most of his treasures and not think about re-selling or worry about its depreciation, unless you collect gems and stones. Collectors gets the satisfaction of getting what he wants and look at it as an accomplishment, wherein a regular hoarder gets his satisfaction by merely buying everything that is in the rack. You can be a collector by just having 50pcs..but quality titles, rare, or the Limited's. It's about quality and not quantity.  ;)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
Oh, don't get me wrong bro. Nothing personal. It's a humorous post as I was just teasing you. ;D

Since other members have also pointed out the PQ is better in blu-reh or bd-ripped copy but you still insisting they're not good. Perhaps, you could explain a bit further why is such & what do you mean by good PQ in your definition? I'm just curious lang...  :)

Well, you already "humorously" attacked my character so, what's the point of explaining myself to you, of all people  ;D

Don't worry, bro. You calling me a liar is like the pot calling the kettle black so, no biggie  ;) Don't be so curious if you already have the answer. Because that's just being stooopid.

Just teasing  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM »
You have to clearly know how to differentiate a "collector" from a regular "hoarder". A collector keeps most of his treasures and not think about re-selling or worry about its depreciation, unless you collect gems and stones. Collectors gets the satisfaction of getting what he wants and look at it as an accomplishment, wherein a regular hoarder gets his satisfaction by merely buying everything that is in the rack. You can be a collector by just having 50pcs..but quality titles, rare, or the Limited's. It's about quality and not quantity.  ;)

The staff at Astro Podium told me about one guy who bought a load of DVDs and kept inspecting the plastic wrapping of each. He was so meticulous that he would ask the staff to replace a copy with another one based on the condition of the wrapping before he paid.

And that's not just limited to legit DVDs. I know a guy who treats his bootleg collection like gold. Very particular with the condition and packaging of the discs and only buys from one supplier. I've never heard of him re-selling, though.

There was a thread on DVD addiction somewhere here before. Someone should dig it up again.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 12:44 PM »
Well, you already "humorously" attacked my character so, what's the point of explaining myself to you, of all people  ;D

Don't worry, bro. You calling me a liar is like the pot calling the kettle black so, no biggie  ;) Don't be so curious if you already have the answer. Because that's just being stooopid.

Just teasing  ;D

Bro I didn't say you're a liar & also have no intention to attack your character. I have no right to judge you since I don't know you...didn't know you would take it personally... ok let's just forget it & move on... :-[

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM »
Is he meticulous because of how the plastic was wrapped or is he checking wether the pastic is original or resealed? I am meticulous about the latter.

I also know someone who koleks boot's, he even bought a Brothers electronic name labeler to stick his name on it. Last time I saw his koleks, there are already 5 balikbayan boxes and still counting. Is that a collection or hoarding? Sounds like an addiction to me.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 02:49 PM »
Bro I didn't say you're a liar & also have no intention to attack your character. I have no right to judge you since I don't know you...didn't know you would take it personally... ok let's just forget it & move on... :-[

Forgotten. Yeah, let's move on  :)

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
Is he meticulous because of how the plastic was wrapped or is he checking wether the pastic is original or resealed? I am meticulous about the latter.

I also know someone who koleks boot's, he even bought a Brothers electronic name labeler to stick his name on it. Last time I saw his koleks, there are already 5 balikbayan boxes and still counting. Is that a collection or hoarding? Sounds like an addiction to me.

From what I gathered, he wanted the plastic to be "pristine" or something. Completely understand about the resealing issue--kahit ako ganon.

The boot collector, are his movies any good or just because?

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
From what I gathered, he wanted the plastic to be "pristine" or something. Completely understand about the resealing issue--kahit ako ganon.

The boot collector, are his movies any good or just because?

Pristine?..hmmm, baka hindi nya binubuksan?  :)  There was a time when I wanted to reseal all my DVD's after watching. Bought hundreds of plastic from the US, yung ginagamitan ng hair blower to reseal pero tinamad na ako.  ;D

From what I know he doesn't choose..as long as there is a new title, he grabs all of them. So I guess his movies are all mixed up. Swerte ni seller. Kaya everytime I see his place, unang hirit nya..."pre, dami na ang DVD ko".  :)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #39 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 08:56 PM »

From what I know he doesn't choose..as long as there is a new title, he grabs all of them. So I guess his movies are all mixed up. Swerte ni seller. Kaya everytime I see his place, unang hirit nya..."pre, dami na ang DVD ko".  :)

Question is...what's his buying:viewing ratio?

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
Question is...what's his buying:viewing ratio?

Good question. I had to ask his wife... it's 3:1  :)

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM »
AFAIK, Quiapo BD's are DL'd MKV's converted to play in regular DVD players. So sometimes, the extra info contained in HD MKV's have better image quality than orig DVD's. BUT, most of the time, Quiapo DVD 9's BD kuno are just straight orig DVD rips.

Offline Gambit1976

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • pusoy dos...
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2011 at 05:04 PM »
minsan pa nga maloloko ka, stereo lang yung audio, hindi 5.1!  (most likely as what sir hexagram said, mga DL'ed avi or mkvs na nireencode  uli sa DVD..)   :P

kaya if quality ang gusto mo talaga or a movie is a keeper to  you, best to stick to the origs.. kumpleto pa bonus material (i'm a sucker for those...)  :)

Offline clifford_ethan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 23, 2011 at 04:51 PM »
maganda po talaga quality nung pirated blu-ray disc from quiapo na 60 pesos each.

sa iba 70 pesos yun pero sa suki ko 60 lang lol.

sa mcs naman,(makati cinema square) 65 pesos bigay sakin ng suki ko.

:)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
Tinigilan ko na yang mga BD cross-converted to DVD.  Quality is terrible.

Malinaw nga ang picture, pero lagi namang mali ang frame rate na ginagamit.  

Pansinin n'yo ang motion, hindi makinis, masyadong choppy/jerky.  I'm not sure why, but they may be using variable frame rates instead of a correct constant frame rate while converting from BD.  

Ang purpose siguro ng pirater ay para mas mabilis ang conversion from BD to DVD.

Pag nakakita ako ng ayos na frame rate, usually DVD lang ang source, not BD.  Check the Dolby audio bit rate.  Pag 448 kbps or below, standard DVD lang ang source; pag 640 kpbs, BD ang source.   

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM by barrister »

Offline Gambit1976

• Collector
  • pusoy dos...
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
oo nga naman sir barrister. pansin ko nga yun sa mga cross conversion na yan... minsan pag wala masyado action or onscreen movement, malinaw. pero pag may fast action or movement, yan na magiging choppy or pixelated.

and pansin ko rin sa iba copies eh  yung sound, not as good as orig. kahit indicated na DD or DTS pag chineck mo.

buti tinigilan ko na rin mga yan hehehe.  ;D

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 06:06 AM »
Tinigilan ko na yang mga BD cross-converted to DVD.  Quality is terrible.

Pansinin n'yo ang motion, hindi makinis, masyadong choppy/jerky.  I'm not sure why, but they may be using variable frame rates instead of a correct constant frame rate while converting from BD.  

Ang purpose siguro ng pirater ay para mas mabilis ang conversion from BD to DVD.

Pag nakakita ako ng ayos na frame rate, usually DVD lang ang source, not BD.  Check the Dolby audio bit rate.  Pag 448 kbps or below, standard DVD lang ang source; pag 640 kpbs, BD ang source.   

might be true. never really noticed it or cared much as i am more inclined to "watch" the story or the movie itself i guess. parang ang hirap naman kasi na nawawala na yung enjoyment sa panonood ng movie at ng istorya because nakaabang ka na lang sa motion at slight imperfections rather than sa content ng movie. but thats just me.  :)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 07:51 PM »
The staff at Astro Podium told me about one guy who bought a load of DVDs and kept inspecting the plastic wrapping of each. He was so meticulous that he would ask the staff to replace a copy with another one based on the condition of the wrapping before he paid.

And that's not just limited to legit DVDs. I know a guy who treats his bootleg collection like gold. Very particular with the condition and packaging of the discs and only buys from one supplier. I've never heard of him re-selling, though.

There was a thread on DVD addiction somewhere here before. Someone should dig it up again.

kailangan n ng espesyalista yun mga ganyan klaseng dvd collector.. :o

Offline Gambit1976

• Collector
  • pusoy dos...
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 09:05 AM »
might be true. never really noticed it or cared much as i am more inclined to "watch" the story or the movie itself i guess. parang ang hirap naman kasi na nawawala na yung enjoyment sa panonood ng movie at ng istorya because nakaabang ka na lang sa motion at slight imperfections rather than sa content ng movie. but thats just me.  :)

hehe tama yun, to each his own ika nga. sa akin naman, those imperfections detract from the movie rin kasi. and sometimes hindi rin slight yung mga problem eh, depende sa pag convert din nung pirater...  ;)

Offline bingo!

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 09:23 AM »
ive tried those pirated na nakalagay sa parang lata na maninipis..as in malilinaw yun kopya n parang orig  ..ska kumpleto din sa features..ska panay bago yun movies....mura lang.....kaso di ko lang alam bka next n play ko mag hang na...hehehe ;D

Offline Gambit1976

• Collector
  • pusoy dos...
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 09:40 AM »
hehe iffy proposition talaga mga yan.. may mga ok, may mga may problema.  buti nung bumibili ako dati, pde ipalit yung mga defective hehe. siguro mga 1 in 5  ganun... then kung ok naman ung copy, kulang mga bonus features...

Offline Darth Fader

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Tinigilan ko na yang mga BD cross-converted to DVD.  Quality is terrible.

Pansinin n'yo ang motion, hindi makinis, masyadong choppy/jerky.  I'm not sure why, but they may be using variable frame rates instead of a correct constant frame rate while converting from BD. 

I agree.

Mukhang iba na nga ang quality.. bumaba na.  kaya di na ko bumibili.. tinigilan ko.. aside from the fact na nagbabagong-buhay na ko na legit na lahat ng bibilin ko, pumapangit nga talaga ang quality..

kaya kapag nagtitipid ako, bumibili na lang ako ng mga cheap original dvds from our very own marketplace kesa bumili ng pirated.  ang gaganda pa ng quality ng DVDs inside and out! :)

and napansin ko rin na nakakahilo nga kapag pirated tapos naka-trumotion sa LED.. pero pag orig, swabe!  sa ganda ng PQ, pwede ko pa i-delay ang pagbili ko ng BDs.  ;D

go legit! :)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #52 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 05:06 PM »
Good question. I had to ask his wife... it's 3:1  :)

That's a good enough ratio for one who always goes on a DVD buying spree!

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:16 AM »

Hindi ko naman inaabangan yon.  Kitang-kita ko, e.

Offline mujacko2002

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 673
« Reply #54 on: Mar 05, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
Mabuhay!

para walang problema VCD/DVD/BD....just buy original copies. its as simple as breathing air.

Godbless
God is good all the time!!!
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline Jerricson098

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 06, 2011 at 09:27 AM »

Our next door neighbor does that. When I showed my original VCD/DVD collection, he thinks pareho lang ang quality...but for me and other videophiles disagree.
You're just a two-time coward loser.

Offline chimpanshane

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • It's Casual
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM »
maganda po talaga quality nung pirated blu-ray disc from quiapo na 60 pesos each.

sa iba 70 pesos yun pero sa suki ko 60 lang lol.

sa mcs naman,(makati cinema square) 65 pesos bigay sakin ng suki ko.

:)

naintriga tuloy ako dito..blue din ba ang casing nito like the origs? di na kasi ako nagagawi ng quiapo..but doesnt mean na bibili ako nito..im already legit  ;D

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #57 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 07:36 AM »
Mabuhay!

para walang problema VCD/DVD/BD....just buy original copies. its as simple as breathing air.

Godbless
;D
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline clifford_ethan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 09:40 AM »
50 pesos nalang po yung bili ko sa mga pirated blu-ray discs sa the q. (quiapo)

malilinaw po talaga copy nya. tamang tama sa mga hdtv's natin.

actually, i am planning to go there later. tignan ko kung nandun na yung mga orders ko lol.

promise maganda po talaga quality nung mga tig 50, 60 70 pesos na blu-ray kuno na nasa lata sa the q.

pero siempre buy the original pa rin. diba moderator? hehe

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #59 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM »
Nothing beats the Original! ;)