Author Topic: Pinoy Teen flicks?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Lambselect

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pinoy Teen flicks?
« on: Feb 22, 2010 at 06:34 PM »
I found myself massively enjoying teen movies of yesteryear (on tv) --- like Nagbibinata and Mahal na Kung Mahal --- I was wondering: are there any other fun films like these?  And where might I find copies?  ;D

Offline Krenn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Pinoy Teen flicks?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2010 at 08:43 PM »
Jologs (2002)

Offline R2

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Pinoy Teen flicks?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010 at 03:00 AM »
I found myself massively enjoying teen movies of yesteryear (on tv) --- like Nagbibinata and Mahal na Kung Mahal --- I was wondering: are there any other fun films like these?  And where might I find copies?  ;D
I’m sure you've seen (or at least heard about) Maryo Delos Reyes' Bagets (1983). Also look for his earlier High School Circa '65 (1979), Jose Javier Reyes' Pare Ko (1995), Dominic Zapata's Kuya (2004). It’s also worth checking the movies in the 80s featuring the Regal Babies and Viva stars, and the TGIS and AngTV gangs of the early and mid 90s. And If you're really in a nostalgic mood, dig deeper and search for films starring Sampaguita Pctures' Stars of '66 (starring  Gina Pareno,Dindo Fernando,etc.  when they were younger). Most of these should be accessible for viewing in the cable networks. Happy viewing!