Author Topic: cheaper to buy in amazon?  (Read 11310 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: cheaper to buy in amazon?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 08:29 AM »
My family has been using Johnny Air since the 80's.  Reliable naman.

Offline indiosbravos2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 01:23 AM »
I just want to get a feedback about the tax thing with customs.  I am just bringing this up because of my recent order for a PS3 disc with another internet based shopping co. (not amazon)  where I got taxed for more than 1K.  I was wondering if this is happening as well to the folks here ordering their bluray from amazon? 

Offline jbluzb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
Yes, I pay customs around P 40 for orders below $50

Offline kangkaroth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
any tips in buying in amazon?

when you click on New BD's, i see a lot of options where i could get the bd's. it normally sorted with the cheapest down to the most expensive. im tempted to select the cheapest of course but i have some hesitations. are they all god and legit? are there any drawbacks why they sell cheaper than others?

Tia!

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM »
If you mean pricing from amazon and third parties, it's safest to buy from Amazon themselves (not always the lowest price), then those fulfilled by Amazon (the goods are sort of consigned to Amazon), then other third parties (be sure to buy from some with plenty of high rating).  Not all third parties will ship to the Philippines.

If you mean shipping, then go for the lowest one.  The higher priced shipping are often through Fedex or DHL, where oftentimes, you get taxed.   If you have a JohnnyAir account, then ship there.  If you buy plenty of items from Amazon, consider getting their Amazon Prime program...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
thanks sir for the explanantion.

im planning to have it shipped to my relative in the states. so i guess shipping will not be a problem. Thanks for explaining the 3rd party stuff.

has anyone tried buyin the used bd's? any tips there?

Offline JamesBond007

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
If you mean pricing from amazon and third parties, it's safest to buy from Amazon themselves (not always the lowest price), then those fulfilled by Amazon (the goods are sort of consigned to Amazon), then other third parties (be sure to buy from some with plenty of high rating).  Not all third parties will ship to the Philippines.

If you mean shipping, then go for the lowest one.  The higher priced shipping are often through Fedex or DHL, where oftentimes, you get taxed.   If you have a JohnnyAir account, then ship there.  If you buy plenty of items from Amazon, consider getting their Amazon Prime program...

hi this thread has been useful.  i have been ordering bds from amazon via pdvd. what is the difference in price if i do myself the ordering from amazon vs. i order it via pdvd? do i save a lot if i do it myself?

thanks.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 05:09 PM »
thats a good question bond, james bond... :-)

i can see members offering shipping for a small fee and then theres a courier offering their services as well. nakakalito db :-) i have a relative in the us, kaya for now, sa kanya ko papaship the box na lang going here.

which leads me to another question, ilan ba ang pede pa box from the US? yung allowable ni customs nila or natin.