Author Topic: Audio Visual Driver Int'l (AVDI) - Shangri La Mall  (Read 2596 times)

Offline phipsi1

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Audio Visual Driver Int'l (AVDI) - Shangri La Mall
« on: Mar 15, 2010 at 03:30 PM »
@all

Wanted to get any pinoydvd member's opinion(s) on this store.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Audio Visual Driver Int'l (AVDI) - Shangri La Mall
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 04:24 PM »
one of the best there is. got my dvd player from them years ago. kahit sa phone lang very accomodating sa inquiry
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Audio Visual Driver Int'l (AVDI) - Shangri La Mall
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 12:18 PM »
MY COMMENT is no low-blow muck-throwing, but I've dealt with AVDI three times in the past and the worst taint against the company is the pricing. Mahal, mahal, mahal. I was compulsed to transact with them dahil sila lang noon ang nagki-carry ng KIMBER KABLE, they charged me P15,000 for an HDMI (Version 1.2). For Mitsubishi Home Theater-grade front projectors, they could gouged as much as P25,000 for every unit, as against the next Mitsubishi dealer with more realistic, humane pricing. For Epson HT-grade projectors, they maintained a high-price policy that helped to virtually condemned Epson as an unattainable brand even for most diehard home-cinema-phile. The way I could evaluate the company's prevailing attitude, its like they subscribed to the stern "take it or leave it" mindset. As I recall too, the company's proprietor is the guy who participated in the last Hi-Fi Show audiophile exhibit (announced here in PDVD, and takes place regularly every November), who made a splash because he declared he spent P3,000,000. for his vinyl setup. Truly he's raking it in from his AVDI. In fairness, though, the male technical personnel are very knowledgeable, trained. If you're out to have a major-buy for a cinema setup or high-end accessories to compliment it, there are cheaper, more liberal alternatives than this company.