Author Topic: any feedback about JVC LCD TV?  (Read 3147 times)

Offline 26_red

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
any feedback about JVC LCD TV?
« on: Mar 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM »
Dear sirs, please pardon my ignorance ;D

i just registered my account just today, (full-NOOB) and i've tried to search any JVC LCDTV post
but unfortunately couldnt find about the EX19 series

im actually eyeing on the non full hd series LT-32EX19(or 42)

can anyone give a feedback or price quote?

i appreciate your reply

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: any feedback about JVC LCD TV?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM »
Have been through 3 generations of JVC CRT TVs. 2x 29" and the last one was a 21" flat screen CRT TV. All had bad experiences. The last one just burned out after over 1 year (out-of-warranty). Smoke came out of the top (burned circuit board) for no apparent reason at all. Previous experiences on the other 29" CRT TVs, usually became defective during lightning. Input power supply usually gets toasted. Already have each of these units repaired more than once. All of these defective units are now sitting in our storage. So, no more JVC TVs for me. I do feel that they are using cheap components that easily gets broken.

I don't even want to try any of their new LCD TVs. As there are better brands out there.

Offline 26_red

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 07:22 PM »
thanks for your input sir.. had the same experience with TCL brand on the other hand 3 Units(two 21's & a 29). as far as having them serviced for something. 3 of them had problems with the tv control buttons, and one 21" having defective screen(simply just a black display)... problems occured after a year(also uncovered by warranty)...       although after repaired all of them are perfectly working as of the present.

my main concern is ..these are china made. (which is the same on some sony units these days)
just having some interest on jvc lcd since it's thailand made.. (maybe i related it to the reputation with the likes of nikon and western digital) 

could my notion be wrong? or could anyone back it up?

i'm not sure about the pricing, but i heard a figure around 49K pesos, this also made me more curious about the jvc's and confirming things up :)

Offline symbian74

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 10:38 PM »
For 49K, you can get a Full HD 32" LCDTV.  ;)

Online ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 11:08 PM »
JVC wants to dip its fingers on the LCD pool but nobody's fooled. JVC's digital TV foray were actually into LCOS TVs - but it went through dismal sales because they could've priced it too high and the marketing thrust comes off too "high-end-ish." Now it wants to join the LCD bandwagon but its a hopeless Johnny-come-lately, the (arrogant, monopolistic) local distributor not helping in any way. Why take a JVC when its a rebadge, whereas plasmas by Panasonic are manufactured - not subcontracted - by Panasonic itself?

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2010 at 08:23 AM »
For 49K, you can get a Full HD 32" LCDTV.  ;)

Actually the lg32lh70 is now less than 30k. 

Offline 26_red

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
JVC wants to dip its fingers on the LCD pool but nobody's fooled. JVC's digital TV foray were actually into LCOS TVs - but it went through dismal sales because they could've priced it too high and the marketing thrust comes off too "high-end-ish." Now it wants to join the LCD bandwagon but its a hopeless Johnny-come-lately, the (arrogant, monopolistic) local distributor not helping in any way. Why take a JVC when its a rebadge, whereas plasmas by Panasonic are manufactured - not subcontracted - by Panasonic itself?

i would agree on the distibutorship and marketing side, btw from where or what brand was before the rebadge sir/maam?

@dips15 & symbian74  thank you for your options :)

Offline Galactus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 05:16 PM »
I also think JVC LCD's are way too overpriced.  Saw a 32" non-LCD model sometime December 2009 retailing for over 40k!   At that time, I seriously said to myself that their marketing staff must be crazy to position a product with that price point.

But my experience with JVC products have been satisfactory.  I own and still use a JVC mni-DV camcorder I bought in 2005, and it's still functioning perfectly to date.  I also cherished my first JVC DVD player (with a Dragonpick lens), since that baby could play any DVD I literally threw at it.  Had to sell it though, when I went the HTIB route.
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline 26_red

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2010 at 07:04 PM »
I have the JVC GZMS-120 Dual SDHC camcorder and im satisfied with its mp4 format as well.

i would like to take the opportunity to ask who could confirm the Philippine price of its EX19 (32"/42")LCD series.

please anyone?

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2010 at 09:11 PM »
By the way, logged-on hours of a JVC TV is much much more than the logged-on hours of a JVC camcorder. I doubt also that the JVC DVD player would logged-on more hours than a JVC TV. So this is still in no comparison with a JVC TV that had been used daily everyday for the past 1 year at least or more. Don't you agree? At least mine had been running almost 6 hours a day at the very least.

Pls. don't compare your camcorders to the TVs.

Online ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2010 at 10:35 PM »
THE TV thats a rebadge of the JVC could be anything that a Chinese or Korean manufacturer mass-produces and "prostitutes" itself with any willing & able taker who's got a name-brand pedigree - say Sharp, Sanyo, or JVC. These manufacturers, most of whom are China-based, is called in the industry as "OEM" or original equipment manufacturer. They mass-produced a consumer electronic commodity like an LCD TV and looked out or advertised themselves for a rebadger. In the case of Blu Ray players and high-endish DVD players by Denon and Marantz, reports say a China-based company called Funai is the actual maker of these players, meaning they qualifiably supplied the parts and assembled the final unit - which comes out in the world as the Denon BD3800 or Marantz BD8002. Not every OEM is a roguish, technological-soldier-of-fortune kind of operation, someone who grinds out hundreds of thousands of cheap, poorly-tested/calibrated machines from hundreds of factory assembly lines making their homes in Fujian. There're a few who distinguishes themselves as competent, specialized and meant to be talking to the big Japanese boys.

But I don't believe the latter kind is the LCD TV expeditor of JVC. It could've picked out just about any willing and affordable OEM in China. But its too late in the game for JVC, I hope JVC fails and the local distributor deservedly skimmed off of its price-gouging arrogance one of these days. I remember Trade Mark-JVC Phils. was selling their LCOS projectors for P399,000 and P299,000 for the RS10 and the RS1, respectively - thru Sights & Sound. To this day I'm tickled with the idea of wanting to know if S & S has ever sold any unit of these over-priced beaming beasts. Trade Mark is also the same name who put Electro Price Club out of business. Electro was a TV/DVD/stereo supermarket, in my lifetime its the only one of its kind I could remember to have come out in the land. It started business during the middle 90s and was a DIRECT and massive-scale IMPORTER of the most delectable TV and home theater goods that no A/V specialty shops or appliance chains, could ever measure up in variety and pedigree. Whereas Abenson sells you a laughably-sized 21-inch Sony Wega assembled in Malaysia with no Component or even an S-Video connections - Electro Price Club would present you a 36-inch Sony Wega XBR model thats made at home - where else, Japan.

Trade Mark pushed Electro out of business through legal bullying and TROs, not because Electro is eating up its sales. The ugly truth is that Electro's pioneering and democratizing effort also exposes JVC's exploitative profits imposed on its TVs and other goods. Inadvertently, Solid Corporation who controls - and monopolizes - Sony, is bared of its ruthless pricing scheme especially of its highly-desired Trinitrons. Electro sells a 27-inch FD-model Wega for something like P37,000. At Abensons and others of its ilk, the equivalent model is being pushed for P44,999. Electro wasn't a smuggler, it pays its tariffs and other burdensome duties, but it brushed the well-entrenched bullies, scathingly. Hence, please skip the JVC LCD, pinapayaman ninyo lang si Trade Mark.....gayung ang yaman na niyan 'cause it controls the Duty Free Philippines  electronic sector for 20 years.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2010 at 07:27 AM »
You would hardly find any JVC/Victor brand LCD HDTV in Japan at the moment.    Their Japanese LCD division has been put out of business by Sharp, Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic.

But their HD digital cams are quite good...and CCTVs for industrial and commercial application too.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2010 at 07:30 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline 26_red

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2010 at 01:43 AM »
@ alice go

three words
"jaw dropped"
and
"nosebleed"
(just kidding ;D)

whew... thats too much information to digest hehe. thanks for that verrry informative reply.
i can relate that to argosy rebadge in india = imation germany brand/china made.. ok i'm OT :-X

@ppoooh
sorry for the comparison.
i can see the injustice of comparing a tv to a camcorder...
i just cant help but use the "bloodline" mentality. :-X

thanks to all..
i think i'm going to pay more attention now to lg or samsung as my options

huling hirit though......

JVC LT32EX19 @18K vs LG 32LH70 @ 27K?
both 32" are brand new.. would the almost10K difference be worth to choose the LG?