Author Topic: NBA FINALS 2010  (Read 101017 times)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA Playoffs 2010
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2010 at 06:34 PM »
looks like Boston is Rondo's team now.. if the Lakers go on to win against the Suns, Rondo's going to be their problem.. this has been the story for them in this year's playoffs.. Westbrook, Deron, Nash and possibly Rondo.. they always get the teams with great point guards.. Rondo's going to eat Fisher and Farmar alive.. Brown lacks toughness and Kobe's battered enough that the Lakers can't afford to put him on Rondo and expect him to score as well..

man, this is going to be a really interesting Finals if ever.. both teams are better than they were 2 years ago.. both teams have something to prove.. will the Lakers exact sweet revenge or will the Celtics still have their number?

(tapos biglang nag-4 straight ang Suns at Magic, no? patay tayo diyan!)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2206
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2010 at 07:06 PM »
looks like Boston is Rondo's team now.. if the Lakers go on to win against the Suns, Rondo's going to be their problem.. this has been the story for them in this year's playoffs.. Westbrook, Deron, Nash and possibly Rondo.. they always get the teams with great point guards.. Rondo's going to eat Fisher and Farmar alive.. Brown lacks toughness and Kobe's battered enough that the Lakers can't afford to put him on Rondo and expect him to score as well..

man, this is going to be a really interesting Finals if ever.. both teams are better than they were 2 years ago.. both teams have something to prove.. will the Lakers exact sweet revenge or will the Celtics still have their number?

The thing is, Lakers have not encountered yet a very great and near perfect defensive team like the Boston Celtics in the playoffs. This would pose the biggest problem for Lakers.

Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2010 at 07:27 PM »
Rondo's going to eat Fisher and Farmar alive.. Brown lacks toughness and Kobe's battered enough that the Lakers can't afford to put him on Rondo and expect him to score as well..

If it will be a LA-BOS finals, expect PJ to stay with Kobe guarding Rondo.   Kobe will be more tired chasing Ray Allen around multiple screens.

Both teams are playing their best basketball at the moment...hoping it will be one great series, as the whole play-offs so far has been a dud in terms of excitement.....almost all series are mismatches.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2010 at 07:58 PM »
Puro nga mismatches eh kaya puro sweep ang series.

Looks like orlando will be sweeped after them sweeping both charlotte and atlanta. Taste of their medicine ;D
Though im a suns fan, im resigned to them losing. Bring on the old rivalry! Celtics all the way!

84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM »
I agree, El-Ay hasn't really been tested by a good defensive team like Boston, with the exception of Utah who plays decent defense. But I think the LAkers can manage Boston now. I just feel like the LAkers can't match up well with an athletic team like Oklahoma. The point guard position is the LAkers weakest link, with DFish not known for any straight jacket defense (more of a positional defender) on the perimiter. Rondo will use speed and his size to great advantage. I should point out, though, that the Celtics will be facing a Los Angeles team that now has Bynum and Artest. Ron can take the load of defending Pierce away from Kobe and maybe let Kobe work on Rondo while Fish will no doubt defend Ray Allen. And Bynum now adds the additional muscle and ceiling that LA lacked when they faced Boston two years ago. And Pau is really playing extremely well that I don't think a KG single coverage will be enough to limit him offensively.

But, it's still a very, very good Celtics team that they'll possibly face in the Finals and I just think this will be a better Finals than 2008. I think when the LAkers lost in 2008 at Boston, Artest approached Kobe in the showers/locker room and promised to help him win the big one. What a perfect time for Ron to keep his promise. Hehehe

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2010 at 11:28 PM »
I like Boston's chances if it would eventually be versus LA in the finals.  After defending Lebron and Howard, Kobe and Bynum would probably succumb to the same intense defense the Celtics are playing.  KG can still defend and can contain the much softer Gasol.  Rondo would eat D-Fish alive.  The only problem I see is Odom.  His length and speed would give Boston fits.  The one advantage Boston has over LA is that no Celtic player needs help to defend any one LA player.... I think even Kobe with Boston's defensive rotations.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM »
LA and Boston are actually evenly matched, almost to the last man.. LA is just younger.. this series, if and when it happens, will boil down to who wants it more.. I actually like the story lines of both teams in this playoffs.. the Celtics are really determined to prove that age hasn't caught up with them yet.. they've beaten 3 of this generation's superstars already and are looking forward to add Kobe to that list.. LA on the other hand is on revenge mode.. they're getting back at the Suns and are looking forward to finally erase that 39-point loss in 2008..

Offline pekspert

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
Finally Suns won a game! Theres hope hehe. ;D Nice game by Amare.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM »
Oh, I guess Amare's the one who got "lucky" today.  ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM »
I believe the Lakers will make the necessary adjustments...4-1 LA :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM »
oo nga the zone killed LA today.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM »
Plus the Suns had 42 FT attempts (thanks to Lucky Amare), against LA's 20.  Lopez was also a big boost to their frontline, while Bynum continued to fade in this series because of the injury.  The Suns did what they had to do, but I hope LA won't let PHX turn this into a series... 
We deserve better.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
Plus the Suns had 42 FT attempts (thanks to Lucky Amare), against LA's 20.  Lopez was also a big boost to their frontline, while Bynum continued to fade in this series because of the injury.  The Suns did what they had to do, but I hope LA won't let PHX turn this into a series... 

Agree, Lopez was the big difference...if he had a "normal" game, LA would have easily won...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM »
Very fine game by the Phoenix Suns! I have respect for these guys they are definitely fighting and prove that LA is not unstoppable.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
 http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5213917

slightly OT

mike brown just got fired

Offline pekspert

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2010 at 07:33 PM »
^^the guys an idiot anyway..he should have been fired ages ago. He belongs to the peewee league.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2010 at 11:32 PM »
Amare had a statement game after sub par performances in Games 1 & 2.

If the Suns will throw the zone come game 4, the Lakers won't be caught off guard & would make the necessary adjustments. Still, it would be nice if the Steve Nash & co. could extend this to 6 games.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 at 11:32 PM by TOP 20 »
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2010 at 07:26 AM »
Let's go Boston, Let's go!!!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2010 at 08:14 AM »
^^the guys an idiot anyway..he should have been fired ages ago. He belongs to the peewee league.

too much naman.. mike brown is a fine coach, too bad his core  was constantly changing from eric snow, larry hughes,mo williams, damon jones,  drew gooden donyell marshall ben wallace antawn jamison, shaquille, the only thing that survived him is ofcourse lebron which still earn him top regular season standing.

Boston-Orlando game 4 starting na

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2010 at 08:45 AM »
Brown is an excellent defensive coach.  Popovich desciple yan.  Limited lang offensively.  Wala masyadong offensive plays and can't adjust on the fly.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM »
Game 4: Boston vs. Orlando ends regulation 86-86.. OT time!

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM »
No Sweeping allowed ;D Magic wins 96-92

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM »
Game 4: Boston vs. Orlando ends regulation 86-86.. OT time!

orlando gets to play another day ::)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM »
I'm sure Paul Pierce will hear it from the fans at Orlando about his tweet on "brooms".  :)  Clutch plays by Nelson and Howard saved the Magic's season... for now.  It's still hard to imagine Boston losing 4 straight at this stage.
We deserve better.

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM »
AFAIK... no NBA team that came back from a 0-3 deficit ...kailangan siguro buong Justice League not just Supes to pull it off ;D malay natin..."the ball is roud"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010 at 04:24 PM by edboy7 »

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM »
ARGH!!!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM »
Hehe although I am for Boston, I appluad the Magic for beating the Celtics!  This is proof that with a proper gameplan and mindset, they can win games.  Interesting NBA conference finals series
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
I am rooting for a Boston-LA finals but I'd really like to see history made as well.. no NBA team has come back from a 0-3 deficit but I'd like to see it happen though.. unlikely but you never know..

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
Ray Allen was smoking hot tonight in crunch time. I am totally baffled at Doc Rivers for not calling a timeout in that last play in regulation with 16.9 seconds left on the clock. You could tell from the postgame presser that he wanted Pierce to pass the ball to Allen on that last play, but he can't blame Pierce for it because he let them call the play instead of calling a timeout and designing a play for Ray Allen.

Methinks if Ray had gotten the ball on one of Boston's last three possessions in regulation, this series would've been over.  :-\