Author Topic: NBA FINALS 2010  (Read 100889 times)

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
Re: NBA FINALS 2010
« Reply #690 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 06:53 PM »
I think Celtics needed game 5 more than the Lakers. If Lakers won game 5, it would be very hard for Celtics to win 2 games in a row in LA.

Celtics showed their defensive prowess in this game. Hirap na hirap ang mga players ng Lakers. Even though Kobe scored 30+ pts again, the shots he made were not his easiest. They also played Gasol and Fisher well.

I'd still like this series to go to 7 para sulit. :)

Kudos to the ref. They've done a good job today.  ;)

Btw, I really hate Garnett doing those punches on his chest. I know his really pumped up pero OA na masyado.  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2010 at 08:07 PM by dyerds »

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #691 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 07:04 PM »
I'm really glad that the Big 3 finally came together in this series. Specially KG who came alive at the TD Garden. The way he played the last 3 games showed he still has the juice and can still dominate Pau if he wants to... contrary to critics' comments that he's already old and slow.  I still believe that sans foul trouble, he's still a force to reckon with inside and out.  ;D

Hope he continues the rejuvenated play in game 6.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 at 07:31 AM by T33K0Y »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #692 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 07:43 PM »
I think Celtics needed game 5 more than the Lakers. If Lakers won game 5, it would be very hard for Celtics to win 2 games in a row in LA.

Actually both needed the win.  The Lakers needed it as much as the Celtics.  Why put yourself in the pressure cooker being down 2-3?  I think the Lakers as a whole are not used to this pressure.

Btw, I really hate Garnett doing those punches on his chest. I know his really pumped up pero OA na masyado.  :)

Would you rather have the uninspired emotionless Odom?
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2010 at 07:44 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 08:18 PM »
Actually both needed the win.  The Lakers needed it as much as the Celtics.  Why put yourself in the pressure cooker being down 2-3?  I think the Lakers as a whole are not used to this pressure.

Would you rather have the uninspired emotionless Odom?

Yup. They both needed the win. Who doesn't want to win and have a 1 game advantage? The good thing that Lakers has, is that they are going home where they are more comfortable playing.  :) If Lakers won game 5, it would be very impossible for the Celtics to win 2 games in a row because Lakers has the momentum by then. IMO.

I said it before and I will say again. Odom is an inconsistent player. You can never expect this guy to play good every night in the defensive and offensive end. Mahirap talagang asahan ang player na'to.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #694 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 08:55 PM »
Well, 2 games to win the championship on your home court against your greatest rival? However, if the Lakers play flat, i don't want to go through the memory of watching another game 6 like 2008.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #695 on: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM »
the finals series is very similar to the cav-celtics series... 2-1 cavs, then 3 games straight by the Cs...now, its 2-1 lakers, then 3 straight games by the Cs?! hell yeah! beat LA!! Celtics in 6! :D

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 12:17 AM »
With Bynum hobbled by injury, it's a must for Pau & Odom to step up. If not, it's like the 2007-2008 finals once again. 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 06:33 AM »
Kobe had a monster game.  And so did the Big 3 + Rondo!  Unfortunately for LA, the others did not show up.  Gasol & Odom were nowhere.  Artest even missed two important free throws.  Thus, Boston took game 5.  Can't expect Mamba to do it all by himself.  He needs the others to step up just like MJ needed Pip and Rodman before.

We're back to Staples.  LA needs two consecutive wins to become champs.

May trending ako,

Game 1 = LA
Game 2 = BOS
Game 3 = LA
Game 4 = BOS
Game 5 = BOS
Game 6 = LA
Game 7 = LA

Pwede na ba yun, Laker Fans ;D

but honestly, Boston is indeed a formidable opponent.  championship calibre team that has matured tremendously.  mahirap kalaban ika nga.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #698 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 07:37 AM »
It's much better to watch the replay than the live telecast. Less cuts.

Buti na lang may BTV dito sa Cabanatuan,
live ang games, and ang commercial ay kasabay lang ng time out...
then once na magsimula ang game ulit,
kahit hindi tapos ang commercial pasok na kaagad ang feed.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:36 AM »
It's much better to watch the replay than the live telecast. Less cuts.

Eh kung hindi sana sangkatutak na spoiler ereng thread na eto....hahaha.  Iwasan ko man yung thread, lagi namang nandun sa Latest Posts...hehehe

Last night palang pinalabas ng NHK BS 1 ang Game 5.   Huli man daw at magaling, eh huling huli pa rin... :(  but high def and no commercial break.   idiotng Artest sa free throw.   

Lakers in 7...hehehe

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #700 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:39 AM »
btv is juicing in every commercial possible well cant blame them its their business and we can get the finals free, pero sana as a basketball channel they dont get to cut some off game details and analysis,  like yung pass kay pierce then pass kay rondo for a layup yung layup ni rondo na nung nag return sila from commerial break. before the returned pagkatapos nila mag huddle eh.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #701 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 09:37 AM »
Guys what do you think of the comments ng mga analysts kahapon about Kobe's performance,
According to them, he may have scored greatly yesterday, but somehow disrupted LA's plays,
I was talking to my son who was an LA fan, I told him na kung hindi naman ginawa ni Kobe yun
ay masyado ng lalayo ang score ng Boston sa kanila, he did the right thing, he was trying to create
a spark for his team, though hindi lang talaga makakita ng magandang rhythm ang LA kahapon.

I can't say that I am a Celtics fan, last team I really admired most was the Bulls, when Jordan, Pippen and Rodman were still playing. What I like about the Celtics now is their bench, their bench really performs well
during crunch time,... Well, I guess I often go with the underdogs.... 

:P

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 09:52 AM »
Guys what do you think of the comments ng mga analysts kahapon about Kobe's performance,
According to them, he may have scored greatly yesterday, but somehow disrupted LA's plays,
I was talking to my son who was an LA fan, I told him na kung hindi naman ginawa ni Kobe yun
ay masyado ng lalayo ang score ng Boston sa kanila, he did the right thing, he was trying to create
a spark for his team, though hindi lang talaga makakita ng magandang rhythm ang LA kahapon.

I can't say that I am a Celtics fan, last team I really admired most was the Bulls, when Jordan, Pippen and Rodman were still playing. What I like about the Celtics now is their bench, their bench really performs well

Specifically for game 5...I think Kobe played well.  His points in my view were in the flow of the offense.  It was simply not enough.

As for Game 4...dun nasira yun flow ng offense kaya sila natalo.  Too much ISO's for kobe which left the others standing on the court.  In an interview with Odom...I read nagparinig siya kay Kobe for shooting too much.

But sa Game 5...it was in the flow.  but of course if you want to be mentioned as one of the greatest...it starts and ends with you...no choice.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 09:57 AM »

Problem wasn't Kobe.  He did everything to win, and they almost did win, if only his teammates played up to par.  Kobe played as he should.  Other LA players did not.  Can't beat Boston with that. 

For LA to win, the "other guys" should show up tomorrow.

Here's an interesting article - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13519764/those-other-guys-let-kobes-heroics-go-to-waste?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM »
Kobe played well yesterday.  It's just that there's not much support from the other guys.  I think he took over in the 2nd half because he felt his teammates were not playing well. Blame that to the good defense of Boston.
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM by dyerds »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #705 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:28 AM »
Kobe had a monster game yesterday beating the Celtics is a personal thing for him but again it's a team effort so I hope Odom should step up and play hard same way the other guys, Gasol was there in Game 5 pero Boston made good D on him..My prediction...IF LA can win game 6 tapos na boxing :) game 7 is history as well hehehe tapang ko  noh  better watch out for Kobe's monster monster game  to come ;D ...
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:57 AM by edboy7 »

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #706 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM »
if lakers win game 6 they will likely win game 7 since they are an extremelty good home team (im not taking aything away from boston im a boston fan as well)...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
Boston though is 11-0 when leading 3-2.  Including the 2008 team.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #708 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM »
Kobe had a monster game yesterday beating the Celtics is a personal thing for him but again it's a team effort so I hope Odom should step up and play hard same way the other guys, Gasol was there in Game 5 pero Boston made good D on him..My prediction...IF LA can win game 6 tapos na boxing :) game 7 is history as well hehehe tapang ko  noh  better watch out for Kobe's monster monster game  to come ;D ...
mag dilang anghel ka sana  ;)
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #709 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:21 AM »

MJ has a way of making his teammates look good whether he has a good or bad game. if wala sa kundisyon si mj, nag-aassist siya sa mga teammates. and he trusts his teammates > remember championship-game winners not by mj but by john paxon and steve kerr. pag mainit naman si mj, dala nya ang team.

Offline DOM

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #710 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM »
sana Boston in game 6
para happy  :) ;) :D ;D

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 113
« Reply #711 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM »
Hope that they would duplicate the 1988 Lakers team . The Pistons took a 3-2 lead heading into Game 6 .And we all know that LA won the last wo games and the championship. ;D ( Pampalakas loob sa mga kapwa ko Lakers fans) ;D

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #712 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM »
remember 2004 finals LA vs DET, larry brown let Shaq and Kobe have their  mins and numbers he clamped down fisher, payton, malone, practically everbody. same true to what we are saw in game 5 kobe alone was the gunner for them.  

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM »
sana Boston in game 6
para happy  :) ;) :D ;D

Sure na yan, hehehe ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM »
Kobe yesterday reminded me of one specific MJ game against the Celtics.   Scored 60 points and did about everything on his own - but his team still got beaten by Bird's crew.

That was before the Bulls acquired the likes of Pippen.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM »
Hope that they would duplicate the 1988 Lakers team . The Pistons took a 3-2 lead heading into Game 6 .And we all know that LA won the last wo games and the championship. ;D ( Pampalakas loob sa mga kapwa ko Lakers fans) ;D

Was that the year when after winning the 6th game, Magic said something like "game 7 was what he lived for" during the post game interview?

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 03:54 PM »
Kobe yesterday reminded me of one specific MJ game against the Celtics.   Scored 60 points and did about everything on his own - but his team still got beaten by Bird's crew.

That was before the Bulls acquired the likes of Pippen.

Agree. That's because basketball is a "team" game. It is not an individual sport.

No "I" in the word TEAM.. ;D   
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 at 03:58 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 03:58 PM »
Sure na yan, hehehe ;)

+1, nakataga na yan sa bato. :D

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 04:12 PM »
MJ has a way of making his teammates look good whether he has a good or bad game. if wala sa kundisyon si mj, nag-aassist siya sa mga teammates. and he trusts his teammates > remember championship-game winners not by mj but by john paxon and steve kerr. pag mainit naman si mj, dala nya ang team.

good point sir.. May I add also that MJ was a very good leader on the court.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Jun 15, 2010 at 08:19 PM »
recall the celtics' run this playoff

1st round (vs. Heat): Celtics in 5
2nd round (vs. Cavs): Celtics in 6, won game 6 @home
Conference Finals (vs. Magic): Celtics in 6, won game 6 @home