Author Topic: ALIAS on AXN  (Read 11509 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #30 on: Jun 12, 2003 at 01:30 AM »
Any info if that nude scene actually had any significance to the whole movie? Was it mentioned in his interview? Personally, I found the nude scenes a little superfluous.

hmmmm... maybe it was used to accentuate their character's vulnerability? i mean... i don't think they'd look as pathetic in that scene if they were fully clothed.

p.s. anyone know if jj abrams ever does on screen cameos?... i saw his pic on the book and he looks ... familiar. in felicity perhaps?
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2003 at 01:34 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #31 on: Jun 12, 2003 at 04:19 AM »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Jun 12, 2003 at 07:20 AM »
hmmmm... maybe it was used to accentuate their character's vulnerability? i mean... i don't think they'd look as pathetic in that scene if they were fully clothed.

p.s. anyone know if jj abrams ever does on screen cameos?... i saw his pic on the book and he looks ... familiar. in felicity perhaps?

That's a good take on it, Spiff. In my opinion, they could've just showed they were nude without showing the private parts. Maybe Romanek was just trying to make a big statement since this is his debut as a film director. Despite some flaws, I still loved the movie though.  ;D

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jun 12, 2003 at 11:39 AM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alias_philippines/

thanks! i just joined  :D

and indie boi, i think MV did say something about the significance of the nudity but it escapes me at the moment  ???

ETA:

well, it wasn't exactly what i thought it was going to be but it does show how Vartan, etc. felt about the nudie bits:

go here and here
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2003 at 02:35 PM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #34 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 06:43 PM »
just started with season 2 last week. the show became even more exciting with Lena Olin. she was nominated for an Emmy recently. was that for season 2? or they are already on season 3? the one being shown on Studio 23, would that be season 3? Thanks in advance!
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline patring

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 07:37 PM »
Lena Olin was nominated for season 2.  She's just great.  The episodes being shown on Studio 23 are still from the second season but I believe they're nearing the season finale already.  Since season 3 will start in the US on Sept. 28, it will probably be quite a while before it gets shown here.

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 11:40 PM »
Lena Olin was nominated for season 2.  She's just great.  The episodes being shown on Studio 23 are still from the second season but I believe they're nearing the season finale already.  Since season 3 will start in the US on Sept. 28, it will probably be quite a while before it gets shown here.

i think tonight's ep on ch23 was  "Free Agent" (2x15) so there are about 7 eps to go. AXN is only on 2x02 (can't remember the title off the top of my head).

going back on ch23, did you peeps notice that they cut the making-out scenes during the last part?  i saw the US broadcast already & that's why i knew. however, the edit was also pretty obvious by the way Coldplay's song was cut short in 23's broadcast. wtf did they do that?  >:(

if AXN doesn't cut their broadcast of "Double Agent" (2x14), you'll see why i'm pissed. i mean, ch23 just showed a couple simulating sex on CSI  tonight for ****'s sake! MV's & JG's scenes were a lot, lot, lot tamer IMO...
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2003 at 11:41 PM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #37 on: Sep 11, 2003 at 12:11 AM »
clinical naman daw kasi yun.  ::)

thanks for the reply, patring & scully!

saw the episode on S23 tonight. si Christian Slater pala guest. couldn't wait. matagal pala catch-up from AXN to S23.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 28, 2003 at 06:46 PM »
We're (hubby & myself) having an Alias overload...Last night - saw this really big cockroack on our white wall. Hubby decides to terminate it with insect spray on each hand and me doing a mean kick on the cockroach. We treated the roach like a spy. We felt like Vaughn and Bristow....but the cockroach lived and got away! ;D ... Just beginning to get into Alias - episode per episode. No wonder I couldn't really appreciate it on TV as much as most people I know, I have to begin from episode 1 and shouldn't miss or skip an episode.

Now what do I wanna be when I grow up? A CSI, a double agent or a CTU agent?  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2003 at 06:48 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 28, 2003 at 07:08 PM »
We're (hubby & myself) having an Alias overload...Last night - saw this really big cockroack on our white wall. Hubby decides to terminate it with insect spray on each hand and me doing a mean kick on the cockroach. We treated the roach like a spy. We felt like Vaughn and Bristow....but the cockroach lived and got away! ;D ... Just beginning to get into Alias - episode per episode. No wonder I couldn't really appreciate it on TV as much as most people I know, I have to begin from episode 1 and shouldn't miss or skip an episode.

Now what do I wanna be when I grow up? A CSI, a double agent or a CTU agent?  ;D

LOL!

i wanna be vaughn's handler! (insert all bad puns here)  ;D

The Passage P2 is on later. Ep 2x09 i believe. 13 more to go before the season ends. i really hope AXN will pick up S3.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2003 at 07:10 PM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 28, 2003 at 07:18 PM »
LOL!

i wanna be vaughn's handler! (insert all bad puns here)  ;D

Oooh! Hehehe! ;D Vaughn's like the Mulder of the 21st century...and hey, you're scully! Bagay! ;D

So fill me in, are they together in real life? Garner and Vartan?

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 28, 2003 at 10:15 PM »
yes, jennifer garner and micahel vartan are an item. Inamin na niya in some Entertainment news show interview.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #42 on: Oct 29, 2003 at 12:57 AM »
as an Alias fan, natutuwa ako sa balita. parang nung addicted pa 'ko sa X-files, I was wishing Scully and Mulder were really together in reel and real life. Immature ano? But at least in this case, it can happen! Who can deny the compatibility? That guy from Felicity really blew it.  ;D

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 29, 2003 at 10:12 AM »
Oooh! Hehehe! ;D Vaughn's like the Mulder of the 21st century...and hey, you're scully! Bagay! ;D

So fill me in, are they together in real life? Garner and Vartan?

haha! ;D What is it that Weiss said about Vaughn? That he has ba**s of steel? I dunno about that but i actually find Vaughn wimpy sometimes :P he gives stiff competition to Mulder's puppy-dog look. Pwede bang Mulder intelligence tas Vaughn looks?  ;D

as for Gartan, rumors circulated that they were together nung May pa. It was only in August though that JG's reps confirmed it. I think it was on the Ellen DeGeneres' show (Sept. ata) that one of them (MV) finally admitted it.

hey Reuven, i used to wish the same thing for Gillian & David, too. but after reading their numerous interviews, i don't think they'd jell at all. but then again, what the hell do i know  ::)
Amor Fati

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 08:37 AM »
OT:

Scully, is it true that Gillian is a bitch? Have you seen her feature film House of Mirth?

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 11:04 AM »
OT:

Scully, is it true that Gillian is a b**ch? Have you seen her feature film House of Mirth?

eh, i'm no expert but from what i've read (her interviews, what others say about her) & seen (xf bloopers, interviews, etc) mukhang hindi naman diva.

where did you gather that? ang alam ko lang na may beyotch reference to her was in a DD radio interview w/Howard Stern. HS said that Garry Shandling (reportedly) commented that GA was like "Hitler with lipstick" (or something to that effect), which DD denied. well, whatever  ::), i'm pretty sure there are "off" days for everybody.

yes, i do have HoM on dvd. got it last year sa Borders when i visited my family sa North Carolina. it's a long and depressing film  :'(

back to the topic, does anyone know if there are winners na sa AXN's Alias look-alike contest? excited akong malaman kung meron ngang mga Vaughn clones  :-*

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2003 at 11:06 AM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
House of Mirth
« Reply #46 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 11:16 AM »
OT ulit:

Iyan pala, Scully! Can we borrow it kung okay lang? We've been trying to look for it sometime. I loved the book.

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
Re:House of Mirth
« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 09:05 AM »
OT ulit:

Iyan pala, Scully! Can we borrow it kung okay lang? We've been trying to look for it sometime. I loved the book.

no problem. dalhin ko pag nagkita kami ng sister mo  ;D
Amor Fati

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #48 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 07:22 PM »
This thread seems to have gone stale, no new posts for almost a year--maybe because the series seems to have jumped the shark?

Anyway, recent news have announced that Alias creator J.J. Abrams has been tapped by no less than Tom Cruise himself to direct the 3rd Mission: Impossible movie. Cruise allegedly based his decision to hire Abrams after watching the DVD sets of Alias Season 1 & 2--the actor was quoted as having watched every episode of the DVD sets.

IMO it's a good thing Season 3 isn't out on DVD yet, or else Tom Cruise would have to plod through that crapfest and rethink about hiring Abrams. I've been a fan of the show since Season 1, and Season 3 has to be the worst one yet, filled with inane plots and breaching ludicrous territory. I mean--what is it with these hokey terms: The Covenant? The Passenger? The Trust? The Hourglass? *vomits* What next--The B.S.? And how many more secret, hidden relatives of Sydney will show up?

Fast forwarding two years was a bad idea, and bringing in Melissa George was a bad idea--although she complimented Michael Vartan's "acting through your forehead lines" method by using her own "acting through your teeth" method.

Bring back Lena Olin! Even though she doesn't seem to be interested anymore, someone high up should convince her to return. Bet Irina could kick Lauren's butt and Mrs. Reed's butt without even standing next to either of them.

J.J. Abrams admitted himself that Season 3 wasn't up to par, and they "kind of lost Sydney along the way". So they are planning to redo the show for Season 4, describing it as somewhat "another pilot". Good lord, not another restructuring--ABC airing Season 4 in January 2005 is already a bad sign. Hopefully they'll explain that Season 3 was all a dream...
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2004 at 07:24 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 10:28 PM »
Hopefully they'll explain that Season 3 was all a dream...

ha ha ha ha! how very "dallas"!! (seriously though... they should consider it.  :-X)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #50 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 11:34 PM »
It's not surprising that season 3 was such a bore. Wasn't Alias brought about because they ran out of ideas for Felicity? Let's face it, Alias is just Felicity as an agent. Why not indeed make Sydney an alien or a dream or a mutant...? The list can go on... After The Matrix, popular entertainment has blurred the thin line between dreams and reality even further... So, let's see!

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 12:04 AM »
Let's face it, Alias is just Felicity as an agent.

actually, i think that was the official "pitch" when they were selling the idea to the network execs.  :P

as for running out of ideas. hmmm... let's just say j.j. abrams does have a tendency to lose steam after a while. (doesn't everyone?)  just look at felicity's last season. the time/spell thingy was just a tad too much of a stretch.  ::)

i just hope they come up with a more "creative" excuse than a "dream sequence" for such a poorly plotted season.  :-X
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2004 at 12:13 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #52 on: Aug 25, 2004 at 12:34 AM »
Hi guys!

I just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of ALIAS (thanks to a friend who lend me his collection) and was very pleased with it except for the last episode of season 2 (you know what I mean). After reading the whole thread I believe that season 3 is not so good to watch? Is it really that bad?

BTW, I love JG, she is a veery very good actress and I just bought Daredevil just to see her again.  ;D

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #53 on: Aug 25, 2004 at 02:23 AM »
Just see it for yourself, JojoD818. What may be bad for some may be good for you. Besides, JG is indeed eye candy!

I also relishing her perfs in Catch Me If You Can and 13 Going on 30.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
ALIAS on AXN
« Reply #54 on: Aug 25, 2004 at 02:25 AM »
You may see season 3 for yourself to judge. What may be bad for some may be good for you.

Besides, JG is such a looker, who cares if the season is baad?

I also relish her perfs in 13 Going on 30 and Catch Me If You Can. JG saved Daredevil, along with the scenery-chewing Bullseye (Colin Farrell) from total disaster.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 25, 2004 at 10:50 AM »
You may see season 3 for yourself to judge. What may be bad for some may be good for you.

Besides, JG is such a looker, who cares if the season is baad?

I also relish her perfs in 13 Going on 30 and Catch Me If You Can. JG saved Daredevil, along with the scenery-chewing Bullseye (Colin Farrell) from total disaster.

Ok then, I'll just have to take it one episode at a time i guess.  ;D 13 Going on 30 is next in my list.  ;D

Thanks!

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 26, 2004 at 09:42 AM »
Your mileage may vary when watching Season 3 of Alias, as the storylines involving the Rambaldi artifacts seem to be scaling the heights of stupidity--I mean, it wouldn't surprise me now if Milo Rambaldi was revealed to be Merlin the Magician, or that Sydney had another sibling (a brother) hidden away in some monastery with some superDNA that could trigger a secret nuclear device under the White House.  ;D

This sister thing is so very Buffy, but instead of being The Key, she is The Passenger, just waiting to ingest green slime to channel Milo Rambaldi--utterly ridiculous, even Buffy scripts wouldn't be that lame.

But JG is really great, IMO each episode is worth watching just for her and Victor Garber's performance.

And if you thought JG was great in Daredevil, she looks even more awesome in her upcoming Elektra solo movie, as the image below shows--she's wearing an outfit very close to the comic book version:
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2004 at 01:42 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 08:00 AM »
Wowow! ELEKTRA! I will be waiting for that.

As for Alias S3, it would be very disappointing to know that the Rambaldi mystery would be just for something lame.

And as you (and the others here) said, Alias is worth watching because of JG and VG's performance, I just hope my next viewings give answers rather than more questions.  ;D

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 08:44 AM »
S3 was so way below my expectations  :P  The storylines were even more implausible than XF's mytharc (ok, so maybe not but close enough). That episode with Kendall (Full Disclosure 3x11) was so lame I gradually tuned out after that. The only good thing about the whole season was Gervais & the Bad*ss!Vaughn.

On a slightly OT note, now that it seems that Vartan & Garner have split,  I'm wondering how their chemistry will play out in S4.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2004 at 08:50 AM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 12:23 AM »
On a slightly OT note, now that it seems that Vartan & Garner have split,  I'm wondering how their chemistry will play out in S4.

LOL, at the rate things are going on the show, they might pair Sydney and Sark.  ;D

I doubt it though, because J.J. Abrams has stated that David Anders' role has been demoted back to recurring guest star. Anders isn't probably worried about losing his salary as a co-star, because he'll be appearing in a recurring role as one of the lab experts in Season 5 of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.