Author Topic: blu ray discs good price  (Read 13935 times)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
Re: blu ray discs good price
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010 at 08:53 PM »
It would just be a matter of time before piracy hits the Blu-ray format. If they were able to replicate blu-ray copies commercially then it would be the next victim of piracy.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010 at 09:19 PM »
These are pirated discs sourced from China. They are burned BD-25 discs I saw these in 1 stall sa Quiapo being sold at 700 pesos. I didn't buy one because I don't have a bluray player even if I had one I still won't buy it at 700 pesos. I was able to see the disc because they had one opened they even had a bluray player at the stall. But I wasn't able to test the disc since nakaconnect sa dvd player yun lcd tv. And wala naman akong balak bumili so nakakahiya magpa-test. The discs are sealed with a cardboard slipcase. Medyo kilala ko yun may-ari ng stall and sinabi ko na rin na medyo mahal ang benta nila at 700. Hope this clears up the topic.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010 at 09:42 PM »
Chris, perhaps you could give a few pointers... ;D

Wish I can bro ;D
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010 at 09:48 PM »
At PhP 700, you can buy an original BD from Amazon when they are on sale. Pirated BDs won't click locally since price alone is a turn off for the masses. BD is still considered a niche market in the Philippines. And many cannot see the viewing difference to justify buying BDs. THose who do appreciate pirated HD would rather download torrents than buy a pirated BD since they are too cheap to spend.  :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 06:36 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM »
If they sell at P600-700 for new/recent movies (and cheaper than Amazon's current price) & the quality is exact copy of the original BD...ooh I'll buy! That'll be a BIG saving minus the shipping cost. :)

Example, the current Amazon price for the following BDs (assuming exchange rate $1 = P46):

Legion $24.99 > P1,150
Daybreakers $24.99 > P1,150
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant $25.99 > P1,196
Ninja Assasin $28.99 > P1,334
Bolt $29.49 > P1,356

*The above price hasn't include shipping fee yet. If the seller has such tittles at P600, I'd say that's much cheaper than at Amazon (with the exception from torrents of course). ;D

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM »
If they sell at P600-700 for new/recent movies (and cheaper than Amazon's current price) & the quality is exact copy of the original BD...ooh I'll buy!

I doubt if the quality will be the same.

That's what they said about the fake DVDs when they first came out.  They said the fake should be an exact replica of the original because it's digital, so the copy should be bit-perfect.

But that's not what happened.  Most fake DVDs had terrible quality when they first came out.  And at this day and age, most fake DVDs still have terrible quality.     

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010 at 06:34 AM »
If they sell at P600-700 for new/recent movies (and cheaper than Amazon's current price) & the quality is exact copy of the original BD...ooh I'll buy! That'll be a BIG saving minus the shipping cost. :)

Now why would you purchase pirated discs to your collection? If you are serious with your collection, I'd wait for Amazon to go on sale. Titles on sale can go all the way to just US$ 9.00, or buy one take one.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 06:37 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010 at 07:20 AM »
Everyday the abu vendor here in QC is also urging me to order this bluray for 700. I said "mahal masyado" and i am not sure about this disc. Sabi ko nga kung mga 400 lang ito baka me makuha pa silang customer. Orig bluray na lang ako.--- for now  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010 at 07:53 AM »
Now why would you purchase pirated discs to your collection? If you are serious with your collection, I'd wait for Amazon to go on sale. Titles on sale can go all the way to just US$ 9.00, or buy one take one.

hehe bro I am serious about my collection but that doesn't mean I can't try "other formats". Previously I got Jack Sparrow (JS) from time to time but recently I got into BitTorrent (BT) as well since it's in HD & free (download at the comfort at your home pa). But problem is downloading a single movie can take up days....and I don't have the patience.  ;D

Reason is I can't afford to buy every single movie in BD. For mediocre & certain genre of films I will get the JS. Or sometimes I get the SP/BT just to check out if the film is good. Usually if I really like a certain film, then I'll go for the real BD. :)

For some movies, I have been waiting patiently over a year but the price still won't go down eh...e.g. Bolt $29.49 > P1,356 (released on March 2009)  :-[ I had watched this film in the cinema so I didn't get the JS. Now that I can do BT, I might get BT for the time being while waiting for the price to drop.

Anyway, that's OT na discusing the reason of getting JS or BT. I guess it's up to individual preference for whatever reason. I know you're a BD purist bro i.e. 100% BD & no JS nor BT, for that I really envy & salute you. Wish I could do that too. :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 09:12 AM by pchin »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010 at 08:14 AM »

That's what they said about the fake DVDs when they first came out.  They said the fake should be an exact replica of the original because it's digital, so the copy should be bit-perfect.

But that's not what happened.  Most fake DVDs had terrible quality when they first came out.  And at this day and age, most fake DVDs still have terrible quality.

I agree. That is why I mentioned if "the quality is exact copy of the original BD" which I doubt it. Also, most BDs are encoded in BD50. However, if the P600 is a BD25 at 720p (assuming acceptable quality) then I might consider so that I don't need to do BT anymore  hehe. ;D

But on second thought, I might as well spend the budget to upgrade my DSL to a  HIGH speed connection, hence I can do BT "unlimited & FREE".  :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 09:14 AM by pchin »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM »
hehe bro I am serious about my collection but that doesn't mean I can't try "other formats". Previously I got Jack Sparrow (JS) from time to time but recently I got into BitTorrent (BT) as well since it's in HD & free (download at the comfort at your home pa). But problem is downloading a single movie can take up days....and I don't have the patience.  ;D

Reason is I can't afford to buy every single movie in BD. For mediocre & certain genre of films I will get the JS. Or sometimes I get the SP/BT just to check out if the film is good. Usually if I really like a certain film, then I'll go for the real BD. :)

For some movies, I have been waiting patiently over a year but the price still won't go down eh...e.g. Bolt $29.49 > P1,356 (released on March 2009)  :-[ I had watched this film in the cinema so I didn't get the JS. Now that I can do BT, I might get BT for the time being while waiting for the price to drop.

Anyway, that's OT na discusing the reason of getting JS or BT. I guess it's up to individual preference for whatever reason. I know you're a BD purist bro i.e. 100% BD & no JS nor BT, for that I really envy & salute you. Wish I could do that too. :)

+1000 ;D. ya I totally agree with you here. I am also waiting for bolt and it just won't come down in price >:( ;D. I am also waiting for the Narnia 1 and 2 to come down in price.

OT..There are really some who can afford all origs. I also salute them. I am one of the guys that can't afford all origs ;D I have a lot of orig bd's and I also have lots and lots of JS (running total is I think at close to 2000 or maybe more :D ;D). Before I was buying orig bd's left and right but with budget concerns now (and being more practical and reality/patience sinking in ;D) I have totally slowed down. I just buy (mostly) catalogs bec. I really love catalog movies, and they are cheap ;D. On day date movies, I watch them first on JS or at the movies and if its great I will buy it on orig bds hehe. It really hurts spending 1700 on a movie and it totally sucks, then try to sell it at the marketplace (where nobody or only a few) will buy it for maybe 600 or less. It's just a total loss on my end imo. I don't have an nmt yet but I'm really looking forward to buying one ;D.

600 to 700 for Sherlock holmes, avatar, it's complicated, and some others. I will bite ;D
catalogs - no freaking way ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM by Moks007 »

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
Way back during the late 90's, Cardinal Audio at virra mall greenhills, is one source of DVD software. Average price was 1400.00. I spent quite a part of my salary buying 2 to 3 disc a month. I could by it cheaper from the states (around 700 to 800) pabilin sa  friends or relatives visiting . My first DVD title is "blade runner" double sided, different aspect ratio.
 Because titles then were very limited, I bought any title that was available basta me mai-uwi lang ako.  until after a year, a store at shopsvillle started selling dvd's for 300.00. These are dvd 9's from china, exactly a copy of the original but only a number of titles. Then it disappeared and after several months it was replaced by the dvd 5 that was sold for 120.00....100....80...70...60...40 and so is the quality. It was the same time virra mall became popular until greenhills decided to renovate. then the following years quiapo, divisoria, and MCS sells the dvd9 "blu-ray" copy that sells for 50.
It will be the same thing with BD's soon. I have already decided to upgrade my HT to a 1080p dlp projector + bd player. I will only buy "genuine" BD disc that is worth collecting and worth my time to watch again and again.I do will buy/try this controversial BD disc but not at 600. Until then I'll spend my hard earned money going to theaters with my wife and kids like in promenade, rockwell, trinoma, moa/imax, and rate it, decide/prepare lists of movies that I am going to buy in BDs.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
One factor to consider...

If you get a orig at 1500, there's still a resale value safely about 800 pesos.

If you get a fake at 700, no more resale...

Collections move but kung populated ng JS, it devalues it.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM »

That's what they said about the fake DVDs when they first came out.  They said the fake should be an exact replica of the original because it's digital, so the copy should be bit-perfect.

But that's not what happened.  Most fake DVDs had terrible quality when they first came out.  And at this day and age, most fake DVDs still have terrible quality.     

barrister,  if these fake BDs proliferate, madami na naman tayo ire-review dun sa you-know-where ;D balik ba tayo dun o nagbagong buhay na tayo?  hahaha

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM »
Early last year i got a few of these discs in China. I think its the same as the description in this topic. They are BDR 25G same BD original packaging and slip case at around 400 pesos or less. I tested it in the PS3 of the shop and it worked. When i played it in my ps3 and bd player it was fine The bitrate is lower than the original when i compared them with the original BD release. I cant see much difference in PQ. As mentioned these are not so nice to have beside your real collection... so i separate it. A 600 cost is already close to the proper BD. Maybe 300 pesos nalang sa china ito

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM »
barrister,  if these fake BDs proliferate, madami na naman tayo ire-review dun sa you-know-where ;D balik ba tayo dun o nagbagong buhay na tayo?  hahaha

Well, it was fun for a while.  At first you can still identify about 20% of the fake releases that were good.

About a year later, masuwerte na kung 2% man lang ng fake releases ay OK.

These days, eto na ang mga formats ng video ko:

1. For the titles I really like                          --- Blu-ray orig.
2. For the titles I don't like too much           --- DVD+R DL, burned from torrent VOB or ISO  
3. For the titles I haven't seen yet              --- AVI from torrent  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM by barrister »

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM »
One factor to consider...

If you get a orig at 1500, there's still a resale value safely about 800 pesos.

If you get a fake at 700, no more resale...

Collections move but kung populated ng JS, it devalues it.

Tama ka dyan. like buying a nokia and buying the myphone. But like I said I will ony buy "genuine" bd  movies that I intend to keep permanently. Like my orig dvd dts audio saving private ryan, for sure bibilhin ko rin yung bd format neto same with forest gump. Would you belive me laser disc pa ko nun FG ( not the corrupt dude.) ;D

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM »

Well, it was fun for a while.  At first you can still identify about 20% of the fake releases that were good.

About a year later, masuwerte na kung 2% man lang ng fake releases ay OK.

These days, eto na ang mga formats ng video ko:

1. For the titles I really like                          --- Blu-ray orig.
2. For the titles I don't like too much           --- DVD+R DL, burned from torrent VOB or ISO  
3. For the titles I haven't seen yet              --- AVI from torrent  

same tyo ng categories sir. ;)

MOD NOTE:

i think the discussions here over the past days is enough for this thread. locking thread. no discussions of pirated material.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010 at 03:14 PM by iiinas »