Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487857 times)

Offline HDMI

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #120 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 01:54 PM »
If the new Big 3 assembles in Miami, they can definitely come out of the East. Then maybe LBJ can win his 1st finals game.  :D But I wonder how the 3 can work as teammates, especially Wade & LBJ who are alpha-dogs. Bosh I think is content to just be in the background.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 01:54 PM »
^ Yup, Miami is now the BEST BET to land Queen LeBron...Now, Miami needs 2 balls...
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 at 01:55 PM by geckoph »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #122 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 01:57 PM »
I wonder who between Lebron and Wade would be relegated as the spot-up shooter?  Their skills to me don't really compliment one another.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:00 PM »
I think Miami is still Wade's team...but, since, he desperately wants Bosh and LeBron to play with him...I think Wade should be the one laying low and give way to his new teammates...

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #124 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:04 PM »
Is this true? What will happen to his legacy (assuming he become champion)? That he couldn't do it without Wade and Bosh?
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:27 PM by bumblebee »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:24 PM »
Wade will come off the bench like on the US team. :D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #126 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:28 PM »
if this is true.. then miami vs LA na and amoy na amoy na.

they must take pay cut in order in add some more players

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 02:59 PM »
I'm a little scared of this possible trio in Miami. I think the only thing missing is a shooter on that team. Offensively and defensively, this three covers a whole lot. If Raja Bell comes over, then it's gonna be a huge challenge for every team to overcome. I can see James playing a majority of point guard here (Riley's gonna coach and think, hey, he reminds me of Magic!) and will easily set up Wade during screens and Bosh downlow. Riley could probably dust off his old Showtime playbook and have these three run over the opposing teams while bringing back that vaunbted trapping defense that made his LAkers so good.

Oh please let Lebron sign up with the Heat! The possible LA-Miami Finals would be full of back stories if that happens.  ;D

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #128 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:14 PM »
The Celtics are getting old (ang getting old players) and will just be praying they get healthy again come playoffs time.
The Magic still haven't maneuvered to prevent the blitzkrieg they got from Boston during the playoffs.
The Cavs, if LBJ re-signs, is putting their hopes on a PG-dependent coach.
If Carlos & LBJ signs-in, then the Bulls can become a contender. Unfortunately, they don't have a coach yet.
The Heat may get the latest version of The Big Three but I can see Riley doing a Van-Gundy on Spoelstra in mid season to get them to the finals.

All these drama happening in the East while out in the West i could hear the Lakers giggling - 3PEAT! 3PEAT! 3PEAT!
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:17 PM »
Is this true? What will happen to his legacy (assuming he become champion)? That he couldn't do it without Wade and Bosh?

The 3 could sign short term contracts with Miami (say 3 years?). Then they can win a few titles together, then afterwards they can choose to go elsewhere and try to get another championship on their own (ala Kobe & Shaq).

If the 3 of them do team-up, parang fantasy line-up in real life. :D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:24 PM »
Speaking of fantasy, I wonder how much their values dip if they do indeed play together. Bosh's scoring definitely goes down. LBJ and Wade's scoring will probably go down too unless they max all their contracts and just play with rookies and third stringers. Then we might see 2 30pt players on the same team, hehe.

But they'll certainly be intriguing to watch. For that reason alone, I hope LBJ does go to Miami.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:26 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 341
« Reply #131 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:54 PM »
Miami's Three-Headed Monster...  Triple Threat...  Trio of Terror...  Thank God they're in the East.  :)   

If this is true, two things, for sure: (1) Miami will be the toughest team to defend against next season, and (2) Nakaka-awa ang Cleveland and its fans...
We deserve better.

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 04:28 PM »
Yup, "Akron is my home". If he's going to Miami, he shouldn't rub it in their faces by having a TV special.

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2165
« Reply #133 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 04:39 PM »
IMO not enought to be even in the eastern championship

bosh is an excellent player but he is not a strong center, wade and bosh can not carry miami with just the two of them, my last recollection, MIA does not have a very good center

I was watching the replay game of the Miami heat championship team. They had a really big centers - SHAQ and Alonso Mourning kaya super lakas sila nun.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #134 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 04:53 PM »
The Celtics are getting old (ang getting old players) and will just be praying they get healthy again come playoffs time.
The Magic still haven't maneuvered to prevent the blitzkrieg they got from Boston during the playoffs.
The Cavs, if LBJ re-signs, is putting their hopes on a PG-dependent coach.
If Carlos & LBJ signs-in, then the Bulls can become a contender. Unfortunately, they don't have a coach yet.
The Heat may get the latest version of The Big Three but I can see Riley doing a Van-Gundy on Spoelstra in mid season to get them to the finals.

All these drama happening in the East while out in the West i could hear the Lakers giggling - 3PEAT! 3PEAT! 3PEAT!

Bulls has already got a coach. they signed Thibodeau, Celtics former asst. coach.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/05/bulls.thibodeau.ap/index.html

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2165
« Reply #135 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 05:01 PM »
Hirap ng status ng Cleveland. If LeBron re-signs, problema nila wala na silang makukuhang magaling to support him. If LeBron leaves, problema nila wala na silang makukuhang magaling kapalit ni lebron!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 05:08 PM »
Bulls has already got a coach. they signed Thibodeau, Celtics former asst. coach.

Bulls seem to know what they're doing no?

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #137 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 05:09 PM »
Vinny Del Negro - New Clippers Coach

Allen re-signs w/ Celtics
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #138 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 05:22 PM »
You're right, pao. missed that one.
So the bulls look like a more complete team now with Boozer, Rose, Noah & Thib. A defensive team is the best option for LBJ if he wants to get those rings.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 05:44 PM »
If ever the new Big 3 assemble themselves in Miami, I would still rank Orlando as the # 1 team in the East. Miami will have minimum wage players playing with the Big 3 and may not be enough to get over Orlando. Boston will still be a contender provided they stay healthy.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 06:46 PM »
On a lighter note...

@WaterWarren tweets ... "BREAKING NEWS! #Apple is releasing a special edition Lebron James iPhone. Problem is, it only vibrates b/c it doesn't have a RING #LBJ #NBA"

Funny... ;D

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:06 PM »
I read some rumors that Shaq is leaving the Cavs for Atlanta. Ilgauskus and West might also leave as well. Who will be left then with the Cavs if Lebron decides to stay? He will only have Williams, Jamison and Varejao
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:07 PM by Beefy »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:20 PM »
On a lighter note...

@WaterWarren tweets ... "BREAKING NEWS! #Apple is releasing a special edition Lebron James iPhone. Problem is, it only vibrates b/c it doesn't have a RING #LBJ #NBA"

Funny... ;D

Panalo!!!   pa share ah... ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:47 PM »
Also heard that Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton and Patrick Ewing are getting in shape and hoping to catch a ride in Miami.....  ;D ;D

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #144 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:53 PM »
Also heard that Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton and Patrick Ewing are getting in shape and hoping to catch a ride in Miami.....  ;D ;D

eh si webber? ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 08:35 PM »

Good one...add Reggie Miller to the mix... :D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #146 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 08:38 PM »
I read some rumors that Shaq is leaving the Cavs for Atlanta. Ilgauskus and West might also leave as well. Who will be left then with the Cavs if Lebron decides to stay? He will only have Williams, Jamison and Varejao

add moon, parker and hickson and delonte is still in the team plus they are 12M under the cap.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 09:24 PM »
Wow, there is a rumor connecting Shaq's name to the Spurs...I don't know what to say or how to react? Should I be excited or be disappointed? Shaq or no Shaq ... #GoSpursGo

James Anderson
F/C DeJuan Blair
F/C Tim Duncan
G Alonzo Gee
G Manu Ginobili
F Malik Hairston
G George Hill
F Richard Jefferson (unrestricted -ETO) // Assuming he re-signs to a long-term contract //
G Curtis Jerrells
F Antonio McDyess
C Shaquille O'Neal  (unrestricted) // Assuming the rumors are true //
G Tony Parker
Tiago Splitter // Assuming he signs //
G Garrett Temple

G Keith Bogans (unrestricted)
F Matt Bonner (unrestricted)
C Ian Mahinmi (unrestricted)
G Roger Mason (unrestricted)

Ryan Richards
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 at 09:36 PM by geckoph »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 10:17 PM »
james maybe a good palyer but he is not the type who can carry a team to the championship. he just love playing for himslef and not for the team, he has so many chances to get his team to the championship but during crunch time, he can not deliver, winning games in the regular rounds is entirely different from winning games in the playoffs, he doesnt have the will power and killers instinct to do so.

james in miami going to the finals? i dont think so, even if wade, bosh and james get to the same team i dont think they would go anywhere, unlike garnett and ray allen who has willingly given the king celtics rights to pierce, james i dont think will relegate himself to a support cast

kobe bryant while people are saying is so egocentric, has proven to be a very good team player, hye plays very good defense, hussles on the floor, passes the ball so well thus winning championships. kobe, gasol and odom can never be at par with wade, bosh and james as a triumverate but kobe, odom and gasol will just cream wade, james and bosh when we talk of teamanship, over all hussles and great defense
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 11:08 PM »
I'd like SHAQ to go back to Miami or LA Lakers para may pag-asa pa ulit magka-ring. Also interesting to play with those teams sa NBA 2K11, lakas ni Shaq sa video game! hehe
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!