Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487177 times)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #180 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:41 AM »
sana si shaq bumalik na lang din ng miami ;D

Baka nga daw Lakers eh :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #181 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:43 AM »
Those 3 average close to 30 pts per game. Who's gonna give way to who? At least 1 of them will lose market value after the contracts expire. I wonder who'll that be.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:48 AM by bumblebee »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:44 AM »
Looks like the Cavs will hire Distrito, Rambo Sanchez and Onchie Dela Cruz, and their target is LBJ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ayos ito panalo!!!  ;D ;D hahaha

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:44 AM »
interesting who will make up their starting center and point guard position. Now that J. O'Neal is w/ the Celts already..

if I were LBJ, i would go to Chicago... with Derrick Rose, Boozer and Noah... kumpleto on all positions... but that's just me :)
shuffle up and deal!

Offline HDMI

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 09:45 AM »
The Lakers are still the team to beat, until the Heat completes their roster. The Heat is like a 3-headed monster, without arms, legs and teeth (yet). So wait and see pa din what other pieces are going to be added. But I think the roster spots will be filled-in with minimum salary players and vets looking to hook-up with a chance for a championship. Or they can go over the tax to sign quality players. But at this point, I think the Lakers, Magic & Celtics are still ahead.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #185 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:20 AM »
after the heat have lured the maximums, they know must find the minimums he..he :D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:27 AM »
By joining Miami, seems that Lebron doesn't want to be the guy anymore. Wade and Lebron will have to work out who will be the defacto face of the team. Chris Bosh isn't really a superstar but an all star anyway.
I think Lebron was traumatized by the way the sportcasters were treating him when they lost and decided he had enough of trying to win by himself. But by joining a team with Wade and Bosh, he doesn't have to and that's what drove him to Miami. Also, he becomes part of an organization in Miami that has built good teams in the past.
However, both Wade and Lebron's brand will be diminished just as Garnett, Allen and Pierce's brand when they joined the Celtics together. Lebron is no longer a lock for regular season MVP because his stats will be diminished as well as the perception that he has a very strong team.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:32 AM by daigoro »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #187 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:37 AM »
If Miami wins the title next year (or in succeeding years), LBJ will be hounded with the question of his inability to win a title on his own.
We deserve better.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:40 AM »
If Miami wins the title next year (or in succeeding years), LBJ will be hounded with the question of his inability to win a title on his own.

Yup, just like Kobe but I don't think Lebron is driven that way.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #189 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:42 AM »
Tony Allen re-signs with the Celtics.

Knicks send David Lee to Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronnie Turiaf, and Kelenna Azubuike after Lebron announced he was going to Miami.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:23 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:47 AM »
Let's see how the new Big 3 would be able to handle teams such as Orlando, Boston, Atlanta, and Chicago.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #191 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 11:09 AM »
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 11:16 AM »
Funny that Lebron went from favored son to villain. Sure it was predicted but never realized that it would come true so soon.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #193 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 11:18 AM »
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

html saved... di tatagal yan.. baka ipatanggal..

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
html saved... di tatagal yan.. baka ipatanggal..

Sobrang bitter ni Dan Gilbert hahaha! I think this will challenge LBJ more than ever and he'll shove the letter in Gilbert's a$$ when its all over.  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
The Heat have agreed to send forward Michael Beasley to the Timberwolves for Minnesota's 2011 second-round pick and a swap of future first-round picks.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #196 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:24 PM »
itatanong ko palang kung ireretain nila si beasly.. yun pala ishship out...

sayang si beasly.. may potential to.. future superstar..

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
^
yep, kaya i think magbebenefit sya sa trade nya yan. flynn's a good PG. kaya lang stacked sa SF ang t'wolves, may wes johnson pa sila. baka i-trade din uli si beasley.
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #198 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:29 PM »

ayos Big 3 ulit sa East.....Bakit binitawan si Beasley! :(
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:43 PM by edboy7 »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:36 PM »
I'm going out on a limb and say that Lebron will have an easier time in Miami. If memory serves mme right, when Boston's Big Three of KG, Pierce and Allen first started playing, it resulted in a championship right away. But then again, Boston was a monster in defense. This "Miami Thrice" no doubt can hold their own defensively, but as a team, that remains to be seen. Offense will not be a problem. Lebron's had enough of carrying the scoring load. I think it's time he focuses on being a point guard.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:40 PM »
I think with Boston, it was an exception.  Boston broke tons of records never seen before in the NBA when they won in 2008.

Also the big 3's play really complimented each other...a slasher, a shooter and an inside presence.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #201 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:41 PM »
I think one of the reasons why the Boston 3 worked was because neither Ray nor Kevin needed the ball in their hands to be effective. I still can't picture LeBron nor Dwayne doing that.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #202 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:44 PM »
ayos Big 3 ulit sa East.....Bakit binitawan si Beasley! :(

to add more cap space to sign wade, lebron, bosh and add more supporting cast

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #203 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:52 PM »
I think one of the reasons why the Boston 3 worked was because neither Ray nor Kevin needed the ball in their hands to be effective. I still can't picture LeBron nor Dwayne doing that.

Also, Ray and KG took a step back and let Pierce still be the man on the Celtics team. Pierce remained the captain and Boston's Big 3 didn't let their egos get in their way. I can't say the same about this new Big 3 for Miami, with the NBA's leading prima-donna (LeBron) being one of the 3. I can't see Lebron giving way to Wade like KG did for Pierce, and I don't think Wade will accept being 2nd fiddle to anybody.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:55 PM »
But think about it now, Lebron won't have to play the role of "da man" in crunch time. No one will mistake Lebron for having ice in his veins come crunch time so his vision and passing will be perfect for Miami. He can see Wade cutting or coming off screens and throw him the ball or just act as decoy and feed Bosh or whoever is open. But all that falls in the assumption that Miami will ever be in a close game instead of always running their opponents to the ground. I'm actually looking forward more to a Boston-Miami game than a LAkers-Heat game, if only to see how they stack up to a good defensive team.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #205 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 12:56 PM »

haha.. me too.. but we'll see.. im sure they can work things out before the season starts..

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 01:13 PM »
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 01:19 PM »
Heat Offer Mike Miller Five-Year Deal

center na lang kulang  ;D

Don't write that on stone just yet.  The Knicks are going for Miller as well.  And they are willing to outbid Miami for his services...even as much as overpay him now that Lebron is not going to NY.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 01:26 PM »
Quite difficult for Miami to get good pieces coz most free agents are looking for long lucrative deals because current CBA will end after next season.

This means most will not agree to short term deals because a new CBA might not be pleasant to player's side, and/or there might be a lockout.

So hitchin on the Miami ride to get a ring might not be too enticing.....if the free agent thinks more on the business side of things.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 01:28 PM »

And they had formidable role players as well.

Posey, Perkins, Rondo, House, Cassell, Powe and PJ Brown all had a hand in their 08 title.