Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 488494 times)

Offline The Stig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #270 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 08:38 AM »
I think more than playing defense, what seperates Lebron from greats like Bird, Magic, MJ and even Kobe is the will and drive to win. The greats have that single minded determination to win no matter what and are willing to take responsibility of carrying their team and of course taking the game winning shot.

Lebron to me always came across as a player with tremendous talent but with a casual work ethic. If you remember the season after the Olympics in Beijing, Lebron stepped up his game a lot because he saw how players like Kobe prepare for games. If he just focused on how he can improve then he wouldn't need to join forces with the likes of Wade and Bosh.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM »
I think more than playing defense, what seperates Lebron from greats like Bird, Magic, MJ and even Kobe is the will and drive to win. The greats have that single minded determination to win no matter what and are willing to take responsibility of carrying their team and of course taking the game winning shot.

Lebron to me always came across as a player with tremendous talent but with a casual work ethic. If you remember the season after the Olympics in Beijing, Lebron stepped up his game a lot because he saw how players like Kobe prepare for games. If he just focused on how he can improve then he wouldn't need to join forces with the likes of Wade and Bosh.

I think the major difference between Lebron and Kobe is the absence of strong father figure when they were growing up. Lebron has better genes which makes him a good player but neither the motivation or the self confidence needed to be one of all time greats. I think the comparisons between him and Oscar Robertson are correct. the Big O was one of the all time talents but only won one championship and that was with Jabbar.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
BEAT LA?  (aga ng Chants......hehe)

Havent Been Done for Two Years Now.

Yes We Did...What??

The TRIO still have to play and unseat the Champs....

Till Then....Its ALL MIAMI HYPE!!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #273 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 01:20 PM »
much better kung yun ang ginawa nya.. kaso kahit papaano may pride pa rin yung mama... wanted the ring and of course my big moolah pa rin.

agree brader. tsk tsk tsk, sya ngayon anng most hated hahahahahaha
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 01:27 PM »
I agree that James does not play defense as good as Jordan or Kobe. And he can never be compared seriously to either of them anymore with this move. But to be fair, he does play defense. Specially if he wants to. All three of them can as they showed when they were on the US team.

And Allen (and to a lesser extent Pierce) did not play defense before he (they) met Mr. Thibodeau.

I agree that they're short 4-5 more decent role players to be a champion team. They'll get it unless the new CBA prevents them from getting those players. But I have to disagree that Boozer, Rose and Noah are better than Lebron, Wade and Bosh. That's quite a stretch for me already. :)

its maybe because I have never been a fan of the miami three thats why. I have never been fascinated with these three. What i really like about boozer, rose and noah is again the hussle, defense and the less of funfair

mukahang naging parang HT sir sardaukar yung akin, naging preference, mas preferred ko kase yung style of play nung tatlo ngayon sa chicago. :)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 01:30 PM »

agreeng agree po ako dito.

gaganahan ka ba sa isang talented na player pero di nagpapakamatay para sa korona

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 01:31 PM »
BEAT LA?  (aga ng Chants......hehe)

Yes We Did...What??

+1 brader marvs

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 01:51 PM »
Image-wise?

Real winners of this free agency hoopla are Kevin Durant....and Kobe Bryant.

All courtesy of Lebron's The Decision.  ;D ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 02:02 PM »
Image-wise?

All courtesy of Lebron's The Decision.  ;D ;D

now this is one guy i really like, plays with his heart out and is really overachieving.

mukhang sa west pa din ang champisonship ring, lakers yata intact pa din line up

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 02:13 PM »
Here we go again...are these 3 players ever going to be loyal to a team? Are they making mockery out of the free agency?

@STEIN_LINE_HQ tweets ...

"Addendum to @chadfordinsider info: All three Heaters have Early Termination Option after Year 4. Meaning we can do this again in July 2014"

"Bron, Wade and Bosh have ETOs (opt-outs) after 2013-14 season and then Player Options entering Year 6, which is 2015-16 season"

"How many rings must Heat win in four years to keep trio together? How hard to keep SuperFriends intact with new CBA? (Too soon to ask?)"

-----

Reports has it, Derek Fisher plans to visit the Miami Heat next week...hmmm...

-----

Another tweet/joke to share...

@hoopshype tweets ... "LeBron James apparently furious about Dan Gilbert's rant. His camp already pitching one-hour special called The Response."

-----

BEAT LA?  (aga ng Chants......hehe)

Yes We Did...What??

+1

Image-wise?

All courtesy of Lebron's The Decision.  ;D ;D

+1
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010 at 02:43 PM by geckoph »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #280 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 02:46 PM »
i guess all the hate is the product of his diva attitude, if he said that to cleveland that he will leave about 2 months ago then just said he will go to miami, e di tapos. no drama. remember shaq did that too in 1996, pero no fuss.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 02:59 PM »
Steaming-hot threesome:

Wade will have to shoulder these two from now on.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #282 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 06:26 PM »
i guess all the hate is the product of his diva attitude, if he said that to cleveland that he will leave about 2 months ago then just said he will go to miami, e di tapos. no drama. remember shaq did that too in 1996, pero no fuss.

Gusto pa kasi kumita dun sa 1 hour special.  Lahat na lang..... $$$$$$!!!  ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 06:49 PM »
Update:

F/C Tim Duncan
G Manu Ginobili
G Tony Parker
Tiago Splitter // Has agreed to sign with the Spurs //
F Richard Jefferson (unrestricted -ETO) // Assuming he re-signs to a long-term contract //

G George Hill
F/C DeJuan Blair
James Anderson
F Antonio McDyess
F Matt Bonner (unrestricted) // Has agreed to re-sign with the Spurs //
G Alonzo Gee
F Malik Hairston
G Curtis Jerrells
G Garrett Temple
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010 at 06:51 PM by geckoph »

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2166
« Reply #284 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 06:55 PM »
Kawawa naman si Lebron. He is clearly a victim of NBA marketing and his own agent/managment's way of hyping him up.

Si Dan Gilbert clearly is sour graping simply because he will never get back his investments. Nagbitiw pa sya ng promise to cleveland fans that they will get their ring first before Heat's. Sige nga... paano? Sino players nyo, aber?

LeBron just made his own decision simply because he is a free agent. Di sya nagpatali kahit kanino. Ayaw nyang maging MJ. Ginawa lang nya kung ano ang gusto nya. E kung Miami pinili nya so be it.

Ang daming nag react dito sa atin. Ibig sabihin ganun talaga kasikat (or pinakasikat) si Lebron whether we like it or not.

But to Lebron, Wade and Bosh... just savor the moment and dream on! Kse next year's playoff sasagasaan lang kayo ng Boston Celtics ko  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #285 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 07:53 PM »
ako din gusto ko Boston-LA sa finals next year para ma-settle na sino talaga sa kanila ang mas magaling.. but I don't mind sakaling Miami-LA.. basta sure lang na hindi maka-3peat si kobe mamba!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010 at 07:54 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 07:57 PM »
Thats the price he has to pay for living up to the hype. Hindi naman pwede puro pagpuri lang ang tanggapin di ba? You have to take responsibility for your actions, and someone with his stature will always have his actions magnified, whether positive or negative.

Some will not blame him for changing teams, or even seemingly choosing the easy way towards a ring. That is his choice as a professional player. And I have to say that it is understandable choosing to leave the Cavs after failing to give him an adequate support all these years.

But what really leaves a bad taste in the mouth is the manner in which he chose to leave. With "The Decision" he not only gave up on Dan Gilbert but he chose to give the finger to all of Cleveland and all fans of the Cavs. The manner in which he did it lacks of class and consideration for the city that bascially raised him. Kung nagsabi lang siya kahit a few weeks ago kung ano decision niya then it would have been a lot better. Kung dinirecho niya si Dan Gilbert at ang Cavs walang dahilan para magalit si Gilbert, siya pa siguro sisihin ng mga Cavs fans.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
But what really leaves a bad taste in the mouth is the manner in which he chose to leave. With "The Decision" he not only gave up on Dan Gilbert but he chose to give the finger to all of Cleveland and all fans of the Cavs. The manner in which he did it lacks of class and consideration for the city that bascially raised him. Kung nagsabi lang siya kahit a few weeks ago kung ano decision niya then it would have been a lot better. Kung dinirecho niya si Dan Gilbert at ang Cavs walang dahilan para magalit si Gilbert, siya pa siguro sisihin ng mga Cavs fans.

Yup, it wasn't about him leaving or not...

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2166
« Reply #288 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 08:39 PM »
Think again on saying " is the manner in which he chose to leave." It could be the other way around with the team and owner dumping a player or not signing him or even informing him not to be signed. Read this from a Cleveland site:

"You are an absolute joke Gilbert! How can you come out and call Lebron a traitor?? This is a business isn't it?

Had you have decided Lebron wasn't good enough for you, if he wasn't meeting standards, you would drop him from the roster in an instant.....and stated "This is a business!"

Now, just because you have had you pants pulled down, because you and your franchise couldn't deliver the right formula to win a championship, you have resorted to whinging and degrading a former superstar of your team.  You haven't got what you wanted, so the best step is to publicly slander a great ambassador for the NBA, and the game of basketball worldwide.

You called it a cowardly act, lack of loyalty.....think back to how many times your franchise has dumped a player, that too is the exact same scenario.  IT'S BUSINESS CHAMP, you do what is best or as you see fit.

I hope that all the fans see you for being the two-faced hypocrite that you are, because when the Cavs were beaten by the Celtics, you were all over Lebron's back about why they didn't get to the Championship. No wonder he walked out, obviously he knew that good help was never going to come at the Cavs!!"
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 08:57 PM »
Yes of course its a business. That is why I did say that it was his right to leave as a Professional Player. And I agree that Dan Gilbert is not entirely blameless here. For all we know there could have been some things going on behind the scenes that ultimately lead to Lebron leaving and it could all be Gilbert's fault.

But that is not the issue why people are reacting negatively with this move. Because its one thing to leave, you can list a plethora of reasons to do so, justifiable or not. But turning that decision into a one-hour spectacle, pulling a turn worthy of the WWE against Cavs fans and pretending like you hadn't decided weeks ago, there just had to be a better way to handle it.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010 at 09:05 PM by The Stig »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Jul 10, 2010 at 10:57 PM »
Just imagine, pressure situation, clock ticking, your team needs to score and the ball is in Lebron James' hands. What does he do? Hmmmm...he gives out a one-hour special before he decides to do something.  ;D

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 01:07 AM »
I think Miami has replaced the Lakers as the most hated team in the NBA. The Lakers are only hated because they are the back to back champs.

ako din gusto ko Boston-LA sa finals next year para ma-settle na sino talaga sa kanila ang mas magaling.. but I don't mind sakaling Miami-LA.. basta sure lang na hindi maka-3peat si kobe mamba!  ;D

I think you meant to say hindi maka-3peat si Kobe ulit. He already had a 3-peat before.  :P
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 at 01:07 AM by daigoro »

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 01:11 AM »
To be honest, I don't know what gameplan Miami is going to choose. It's not like basketball can be played on purely isolation. In terms of having shooting jumpers, Lebron's form has always been awkward.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #293 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 07:15 AM »
I fully expect the Heat to play like the Lakers in the 80's (Magic, Kareem, Worthy). There will be a lot of unselfishness going on with a lot of hussle fueling the offense. They will also be solid defensively.

Fil-Am coach Spoelstra was able to bring a really bad team to the playoffs through sound tactical decisions and great defensive sets. They have Mike Miller now too, who was 2nd last year in 3-point %. He will have a lot of open shots this year with Bosh, Wade and LBJ on the floor. Expect another capable veteran to join as well, as anyone will look good on this team at the end of the year.

Miami is legit and will be the number 1 seed in the East come playoff time. Spoelstra will be the first coach of asian descent to win coach of the year. You heard it here first. ;-)

Offline toughthrone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 07:52 AM »
miami still needs center defenders like perkins to match up against howard and bynum. that's the biggest hole in their roster IMHO. shaq is too old. joel anthony is too short. haslem is too short. maybe magloire? or maybe one of their rooks becomes a steal.

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #295 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 08:25 AM »
About LeBron's decision, iba naman ang pananaw ko.

What he did was nothing short of revolutionary. For too long, the big bosses have always called the shots. The employees, like the players, toe the line. For all of MJ's power, he never got any concession from Jerry Reinsdorf, only a high salary in his last year, though that was simply a calculated move for Reinsdorf. Heck, the Wizards owner fired MJ and sent him packing away crying.

Here is LeBron, the employee, calling the shots against the billionaire bosses, including Reinsdorf. You come to Cleveland, make your pitch, and I will decide. I love it!

And all the billionaires except one made the wrong assumption that what would matter most to James was money. In the end he chose the option with the least money.

So, contrary to what most accuse him of, money was the least important factor for LeBron. Miami made the correct choice of offering him a formula of basketball, family, and friends.  

Shed not a tear for the owners. They are hard-nosed and should be able to take a punch. Dan Gilbert? Ok he's angry, understandably so. But he's slso hypocritical, as he did offer James max money before dissing him for spurning his sales pitch.

Of course not all will be happy, so pity the Cleveland fans - only the ones who live there, not the portable ones.

I'm still and always will be a Lakers fan, but I am applauding LeBron.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 at 09:49 AM by DaSilva »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #296 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 09:34 AM »
the good thing is the drama is over...

on to other signings and trades
knicks on the move..they  got 3 hard nose players in anthony randolph, ronnie turiaf and kelenna azuibukie in exchange for david lee and signed raymond felton as their point. si eddy curry na lang lone symbol of the isaiah thomas wreckage.

JJ Reddick offered 20M/3 years  ??? and orlando matching it   ??? ???
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM by kimpOy »

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #297 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 09:49 AM »
I think you meant to say hindi maka-3peat si Kobe ulit. He already had a 3-peat before.  :P

hehe.. You're right.. But i'm not counting his first one with Shaq. Peace! ;D 

As for Lebron's decision.. for me okay lang yun.. I think he has every right to do anything na sa tingin niya tama for him because it is his decision anyways. Sakaling pumalpak decision niya siya din naman mag-suffer sa huli so ayos lang yun.

Wait and see na lang tayo how the 2011 season will unfold ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM »

Ariza back with the Lakers  ;D ;D ;D

Its actually Devin Ebanks.......the Laker 2nd round draft pick.

Both he and Derrick Caracter playing well in summer league.......great steals by the Lakers in the 2nd round.....currrently ranked 1 and 3 in nba summer league rookie ladder

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #299 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM »
other news:

Korver and Reddick signed with the Bulls..