Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487394 times)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #300 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 04:39 PM »
Another funny thing with Dan Gilbert, he is now lambasting Lebron for his poor or non performance during the last playoffs against Boston and yet he wanted him to sign up with a max contract!? The man is a joke (well, both gilbert and lebron  ;D).

Bow ako sa Lakers for almost always getting good players with lots of potentials. Magaling ang scouting team nila.

Paano yan, pag nakaabot ng championship Miami with coach Eric? Aren't we all gonna support him just for being with half pinoy ;D?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 04:41 PM »
Also @ Lebron, I guess ther must be super strict security when he goes to Cleveland. Baka me mag attemp sa life nya.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #302 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM »
Great behind the scenes story behind the Decision

Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

Riley's really good at pushing other people's emotions. I'm beginning to think that trying to recruit Fisher is another one of his plans at pushing the Laker's psyche.

Funny, if Riley brought his 7 rings how would it look like if Phil brought his 13 rings.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 01:09 AM »

First of all, this picture makes clear who's the leader of this group. Wade. Also, it's weird to look at Lebron being a sidekick. Also, Lebron being able to repeat his productivity isn't a given as he has shown in this year's playoffs that he can't play through injuries.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #304 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 06:49 AM »
Source confirms Boston guard Tony Allen to go to Memphis on three-year deal, $9.7M.

Online sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #305 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 07:23 AM »
Great behind the scenes story behind the Decision

Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

Riley's really good at pushing other people's emotions. I'm beginning to think that trying to recruit Fisher is another one of his plans at pushing the Laker's psyche.

Funny, if Riley brought his 7 rings how would it look like if Phil brought his 13 rings.

Good article. Thanks for the link.

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #306 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM »
hedo turkoglu to phoenix suns for leandro barbosa
also josh childress to the suns

Online sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM »
Nice "quiet" moves for Phoenix. I hope Robin can start to approach his brother's production. Phoenix might surprise again this coming year.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM »
Nice catch by Phoenix! though the hole left behind by Amare is a huge one to fill.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM »
jordan farmar agrees to the nets 12M/3 years

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM »
Phoenix might be even better across all the positions talent wise with their new acquisitions.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 02:46 PM »
I think this article really highlights the difference between Kobe and Lebron.

The Demise of an Immature King Without a Ring
http://www.lakersnation.com/the-demise-of-an-immature-king-without-a-ring/2010/05/14/

I didn't know how involved Kobe was in the design of his shoes before i read this.

To be honest, with Lebron and Tiger Woods damaged their reputation through self inflicted wounds because they had manufactured facades that didn't match their character.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #312 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 02:58 PM »
^^ Yeah.  Turkoglu will flourish in the Suns' system - another big man-shooter like Frye.  Can't recall Childress' style, but I guess any player in a team led by Steve Nash will look good.
We deserve better.

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:00 PM »
I was hoping Boston could land Josh Childress. Great energy player. Ang hina talaga kumuha ng Celtics ng additional players. They still need someone to guard Lebron/Wade/Kobe and a true center to guard Dwight Howard/Bynum.

Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #314 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
I was hoping Boston could land Josh Childress. Great energy player. Ang hina talaga kumuha ng Celtics ng additional players. They still need someone to guard Lebron/Wade/Kobe and a true center to guard Dwight Howard/Bynum.

If we compare the current status of the Celtics sa isang makina ng sasakyan,
they need a GENERAL OVERHAUL...

Miami has a very nice line up now, I just hope they have the chemistry...

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:29 PM »
If we compare the current status of the Celtics sa isang makina ng sasakyan,
they need a GENERAL OVERHAUL...

I beg to disagree sir! In good running condition naman sila pang sunday drive  ;D. Pero mukhang mahihirapan sa long driving / byahe  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 04:41 PM »
^Then just try to go for #8 seed.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #317 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 05:16 PM »

Onga e.. walang balita sa celtics masyado. Wala yatang balak kumuha ng bagong mga players.. mauubusan na sila ng mga okay na FAs..

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
I thought that the Turkoglu-Barbosa swap is really bad for the Suns. Not only are they taking Turkoglu's bad contract  ($40m in 4yrs), but they also took in a moderately talented player who is soft and can only be effective with the ball on his hands. I don't think he'll fit very well in the Suns system since Nash does most of the playmaking in that team.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:16 PM »
I thought that the Turkoglu-Barbosa swap is really bad for the Suns. Not only are they taking Turkoglu's bad contract  ($40m in 4yrs), but they also took in a moderately talented player who is soft and can only be effective with the ball on his hands. I don't think he'll fit very well in the Suns system since Nash does most of the playmaking in that team.

not to mention the age factor and the consistency, isnt it that hedo was traded recently prior to trasferring to the Suns? has he done to improve the status of that team?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:44 PM »
not to mention the age factor and the consistency, isnt it that hedo was traded recently prior to trasferring to the Suns? has he done to improve the status of that team?

He wasn't traded. He was last year's hottest free agent because of his role in Orlando's Finals run. He was even offered a bigger contract by the Blazers last year but he chose the Raptors instead. He's a moderately talented player who was in an ideal situation in Orlando wherein he was pretty effective in drive and dish situations with shooters like Lewis/Reddick/Nelson. He was ineffective in Toronto because guys like Calderon and Jack ran most of the plays and they didn't have a dominant interior defender like Howard to complement his defensive inadequacies. The Raptors had a better record last year than the year before but they still missed the playoffs in the east.

What's really bad about the Phoenix's offseason moves is that when Nash retires in a couple of years, they would be stuck with overpaid role players(Turkoglu/Childress/Frye/Warrick) and very little cap flexibility when the team should be in rebuilding mode.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:46 PM by rusty »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM »
He wasn't traded. He was last year's hottest free agent because of his role in Orlando's Finals run. He was even offered a bigger contract by the Blazers last year but he chose the Raptors instead. He's a moderately talented player who was in an ideal situation in Orlando wherein he was pretty effective in drive and dish situations with shooters like Lewis/Reddick/Nelson. He was ineffective in Toronto because guys like Calderon and Jack ran most of the plays and they didn't have a dominant interior defender like Howard to complement his defensive inadequacies. The Raptors had a better record last year than the year before but they still missed the playoffs in the east.

What's really bad about the Phoenix's offseason moves is that when Nash retires in a couple of years, they would be stuck with overpaid role players(Turkoglu/Childress/Frye/Warrick) and very little cap flexibility when the team should be in rebuilding mode.

thanks for the correction sir rusty.

in that case, getting turkuglo is not a very good move if we talk about the future.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 02:29 AM »
hedo turkoglu to phoenix suns for leandro barbosa

I'm a huge LB fan, I think this is a  bad move by the Suns.  :(

I agree with sir rusty's observations...
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 05:52 AM »
Suns still weak inside.......Warrick and Lopez will not send shrivers down the spine to the other West's big men.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 07:12 AM »
if you look at amar'e highlights 99% of them im sure are with nash, he cannot make his own shot even if his life depends on it. we will not see if mike d can make a nash out of felton.. i doubt it.

if nash made a decent player out of boris diaw he can make wonders too in warrick and lopez.

hedo has one move, stutter step  the shoot sideways :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #325 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 01:23 PM »
According to a reports, the Jazz have agreed to a trade that would send Al Jefferson from Minnesota to Utah.

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #326 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 05:04 PM »
I'm a huge LB fan, I think this is a  bad move by the Suns.  :(

I agree with sir rusty's observations...
Am an LB fan myself.

Trading LB only means their focus will be more on defense. In which case, a healthy Raja Bell would had been a better choice. Or maybe, they should have snatched Chandler instead since he was in the trade mix.

Frye, Dragic, Lopez & Dudley flourished under Gentry, perhaps they will find some hidden gem in sophomore Earl Clark... i hope.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 07:40 AM »
Dallas acquires Tyson Chandler. Wow! I'm more afraid of Dallas now than the Heat, as long as Chandler and Haywood are healthy, they form a formidable duo. Imagine Chandler, Dirk and Haywood on the front court. Three 7-footers! Kahit sabihin mong filler lang si Dirk, that's still a big wall to scale. If the Mavs grab Al Harrington, they are really going to be contenders IMHO.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 07:46 AM »
Add ko lang tong twitter ni Alyssa Milano about "The Decision"
(via Sports Illustrated website)
The only thing that would make "The Decision" special weirder is if Kanye jumped out and took center stage.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 08:47 AM »
Dallas acquires Tyson Chandler. Wow! I'm more afraid of Dallas now than the Heat, as long as Chandler and Haywood are healthy, they form a formidable duo. Imagine Chandler, Dirk and Haywood on the front court. Three 7-footers! Kahit sabihin mong filler lang si Dirk, that's still a big wall to scale. If the Mavs grab Al Harrington, they are really going to be contenders IMHO.

Dallas taking the Laker blueprint.   Thats more like it if you want to unseat the Lakers as West Champs.