Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487235 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #330 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 08:55 AM »

When I saw this "show", just cant help but cringe......a simple presscon, showing their new jerseys would have sufficed.   But no.....its got be a show.   And there was shouting cheering....and they havent won a thing.

Envision a title-less Michael Jordan leaving the Bulls and doing it in a show called "The Decision", say for the Pistons or the Celtics.....and the day after, showed up in introduction show with Isiah Thomas....or Larry Bird.....highfiving...chest thumping.

Nahh.  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #331 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM »
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is following LeBron James to the Miami Heat.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #332 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM »
When I saw this "show", just cant help but cringe......a simple presscon, showing their new jerseys would have sufficed.   But no.....its got be a show.   And there was shouting cheering....and they havent won a thing.

Envision a title-less Michael Jordan leaving the Bulls and doing it in a show called "The Decision", say for the Pistons or the Celtics.....and the day after, showed up in introduction show with Isiah Thomas....or Larry Bird.....highfiving...chest thumping.

Nahh.  ;D

That's why Michael Jordan will always be "The Best Ever";D

He joined the cellar dweller Chicago in 1984 and turned the team into a championship contender. His 6 championship rings, 2 three-peats, countless regular MVPs and finals MVPs, etc.. He did it all in Chicago.

That's why nobody from the past and current stars, in my opinion, can ever compare with the achievements of MJ.  He's one of a kind!  Can't wait to play him in 2k11   ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #333 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM »
Dallas acquires Tyson Chandler. Wow! I'm more afraid of Dallas now than the Heat, as long as Chandler and Haywood are healthy, they form a formidable duo. Imagine Chandler, Dirk and Haywood on the front court. Three 7-footers! Kahit sabihin mong filler lang si Dirk, that's still a big wall to scale. If the Mavs grab Al Harrington, they are really going to be contenders IMHO.

i like this one better than the HEAT acquisitions. No fanfare, all hardwork on chandler,
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #334 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 04:21 PM »
According to a reports, the Jazz have agreed to a trade that would send Al Jefferson from Minnesota to Utah.

Good for the Jazz. If healthy, AlJef can be another 20-10 guy, much like Boozer.
Height-wise, with AlJef, Okur, Milsap & AK47, they can now match up with the Lakers.
Talent-wise, that's another story.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline ruth2art

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 04:26 PM »
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is following LeBron James to the Miami Heat.

LBJ & Big Z used to be Clevelands' crowd-favorite.
Expect another sour-grape letter from the Cavs owner. :D :D :D

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #336 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 04:32 PM »

hahaha.. yup, he will be fined $100,000 again! ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Jul 16, 2010 at 04:19 PM »

Offline toughthrone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Jul 16, 2010 at 07:25 PM »

walang K magsour grape si Dan Gilbert kay Z. Z was traded to the Wizards before. Clearly it's just business.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #339 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 09:02 AM »
^ Plus, Ilgauskas' "Decision" is not in any way like the "Decision" of King James of the Nazgul.

Ronnie Brewer to Chicago..  Pwede na rin for a starting guard, now that the FA pool is thinning.
We deserve better.

Offline ruth2art

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 09:51 AM »

Ronnie Brewer to Chicago..  Pwede na rin for a starting guard, now that the FA pool is thinning.

Chicago is making a lot of good moves this pre-season.

Overall, the East seems to be gaining a lot in the free agency market.
There was a time a few years ago when only 4 teams in the east were above .500 before playoffs and some west teams missed the playoffs inspite being above the .500 mark.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 09:58 AM »
Dallas taking the Laker blueprint.   Thats more like it if you want to unseat the Lakers as West Champs.

Except that their star does not have the killer instinct. Even Pau Gasol is more of a leader than Nowitzki

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 08:04 PM »
Except that their star does not have the killer instinct. Even Pau Gasol is more of a leader than Nowitzki

would like to agree here, dirk doesnt seem to be a guy who can carry a team on his back despite the skills he has, parang si LBJ sya ng West, dapat yata ng join sya sa heat eh
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 09:13 AM »
........ and now from the greatest player ever!

Jordan shares his disappointment of Heat Big Three

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after finishing tied for 22nd in the American Century Championship golf tournament in Stateline, Nev. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13651163/jordan-shares-his-disappointment-of-heat-big-3

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #344 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM »
Well, MJ had Pippen and Rodman, (not to mention Kukoc and Harper or Grant and Paxson). Those 3 are still better than Miami's Big 3, so MJ had the luxury of having great teammates all throughout the Bulls run. He didn't have to seek super teammates; he already had them.

MJ was full of greatness on the court. Since then, off the court, he's just been full of B.S.

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM »
But the difference is Jordan waited in Chicago for the team to be built around him. There was no doubt who the superstar was, Pippen no matter how great, was always a support player. Jordan also lost a lot of games earlier on and was continually thwarted by Boston and Detroit in the playoffs. But he never tried jumping to the Lakers and have Magic call up Bird to join them.

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM »
We'll have to agree to disagree here, amigo.

imo Pippen is the most underrated player ever. Ask Phil Jackson who the team's MVP was; it wasn't MJ, it was Pip. MJ was the volume scorer, Pippen had greater responsibilities on offense plus he was the captain of the defense.

Pip was the only player who could ever overrule Jackson on defense. Whenever a player was seemingly out of position, Phil would ask why, and the player would answer, “Scottie sent me there.” PJ would just keep quiet and would never contradict that.

Plus, MJ's analogy of teaming up with Magic and Bird is the wrong one. The equivalent of that would be LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Dwight.

The Bulls were already well stocked with players before they won their first championship. They just needed the right coach. When PJ came, they started winning and never looked back.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM »
The era and attitude were different then. Back then, rivalry and pride was valued as well as loyalty. MJ's competitiveness woudln't allow him to round up the best talents their time had coz IMHO, he'll feel it would be too shallow. He wanted to beat his peers and probably get them to acknowledge him as a winner. You can see how much he cherished his '91 victory coz it not only gave MJ his first championship, but he ran over the Bad Boys to reach the Finals and then beat who I believe was the only other player who was synonymous to winning: Magic Johnson.

Lebron, well, his character is probably shot and no matter how much his supporters will try to convince us that a championship or championships would make people forget how fragile he is or how ridiculous he handled his leaving, he will still be remembered as the superstar who never had the patience to try and overcome his rivals.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 01:12 PM »
The difference is that these players -- Rodman, Kukoc, Harper or Grant, Paxson, went to Jordan's team.  Even Coach Phil Jackson went to MJ's Bulls.  Chicago surrounded MJ with good players and a good coach.  That was the key to their championship run. But MJ never left the Bulls.  They went to him.  Because MVPs never leave their teams and join other "great" players to win championships.  Other players go to them. Not the other way around.

Lebron, a two-time NBA MVP and maybe at his peak at 25 years old, left Cleveland and joined Wade and Bosh. Should have been the other way around.  As Charles Barkley commented, this maybe the first time in the history of sports, not only in basketball, that a 2 time defending MVP, has joined other people. 

Agree with Battousai that Lebron's infamous decision highly typifies the "instant gratification" / "Now Na" attitude of today's youth. Ayaw na maghirap at dumaan sa butas ng karayom.

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 01:25 PM »
More inside info on LBJ's transfer to the Heat.

At the Beijing Olympics, where LeBron James(notes) was surrounded by such talent and possibility, the Cleveland Cavaliers began to lose their star to free agency. The beginning of his departure came in small moments on the daily bus rides through the city’s choking smog and bigger ones on the basketball court. Together, Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and James kept talking about the summer of 2010, about the chance of a lifetime to chase championships and roll like a touring rock band.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap.4CA5876HyiskXcgMFMnK8vLYF?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #350 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 01:36 PM »
As NBA fans here, I am sure whether we like Lebron or not, I am sure papanuorin pa din natin ang Miami Heat next season just to look at how things are with that team.

Well, sana matalo ang Heat  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 01:45 PM »
As NBA fans here, I am sure whether we like Lebron or not, I am sure papanuorin pa din natin ang Miami Heat next season just to look at how things are with that team.

Well, sana matalo ang Heat  ;D.

Most definitely!  The Big 3 might just well redefine SHOWTIME of the old Lakers.  Who knows?  Maybe they'll click. I am one of those who hope and pray that the Heat will play cohesive basketball and give my Lakers a run for the money.  A Kobe vs the Big 3 showdown would indeed be thrilling to watch ;D

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #352 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 02:07 PM »
Kaasar nga ang heat eh, niluma agad ang Celtics ko  >:(. Lalong nagmukhang matatanda Celtics sa ginawa nila Lebron  :'(.

I just hope mag-agawan sa bola si Wade and Lebron  ;D
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 02:51 PM »
The Lakers still have a height and length advantage over other teams. Bynum + Gasol + Odom = nightmares for internal offenses and defenses. Plus, with Kobe and Artest, they have 5 guys who can post up, 6 if you include Walton, hehe.

Not one among Miami's 3 has a good post-up game.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #354 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
agree and the lakers still has the advantage because of the system and familiarity of the group.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 05:45 PM »
Jordan wouldn't have called Magic, Bird
-- http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5391478

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #356 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM »
When Jordan entered the league both Magic and Bird already won championships. Mas bagay sigurong i-compare Jordan calling Barkley and Ewing to play together.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM »
Jordan had too much pride.  He still probably wouldn't have called either Barkley or Ewing or both for a team up.

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM »
one things for sure, people would either root for or against the Heat this coming season.  Me? I'm torn between rooting for them because of their Fil-Am coach (siyempre we root for our own) and rooting against them because ever since I really didn't like Pat Riley.  

If Pat Riley stands true to form, baka middle of the season he'll fire the coach and take over =).
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM by siriusblack »
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 03:43 PM »
In Heat forums in the US, I notice they are calling Spoelstra "the Filipino."

Example: "We've got good players, but can the Filipino coach them?"