Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 488163 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #360 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 04:18 PM »
one things for sure, people would either root for or against the Heat this coming season.  Me? I'm torn between rooting for them because of their Fil-Am coach (siyempre we root for our own) and rooting against them because ever since I really didn't like Pat Riley.  

If Pat Riley stands true to form, baka middle of the season he'll fire the coach and take over =).

There's actually a rumor that if Spoelstra gets fired from the Heat, a head coaching job awaits him in Golden State as the company that purchased the team has Eric's father as a Board member.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #361 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 04:52 PM »
In Heat forums in the US, I notice they are calling Spoelstra "the Filipino."

Example: "We've got good players, but can the Filipino coach them?"

buti na lang hindi "Filipina" ;D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #362 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 09:54 PM »
Interesting link on the power struggle in Lebron's entourage. Also another inside look on Lebron's decision.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoElTeUz7rnHELkRnZOt8Cq8vLYF?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

Includes an interesting aspect of Lebron's personality
"No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes)  joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James."

"For James, the problem with back-to-back presentations was his short attention span. Cavaliers coaches had always tried to keep film sessions short because James would drift away and lose interest. "

"Better than anyone, they knew LeBron James could sometimes be so unaware of the world outside his own needs, his own yes men. "

For all his skills, I don't think we should ever compare Lebron with Kobe as a leader and as a student of the game.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM by daigoro »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #363 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM »
^Good article. Thanks daigoro!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM »
Interesting link on the power struggle in Lebron's entourage. Also another inside look on Lebron's decision.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoElTeUz7rnHELkRnZOt8Cq8vLYF?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

"No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes)  joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James."

"For James, the problem with back-to-back presentations was his short attention span. Cavaliers coaches had always tried to keep film sessions short because James would drift away and lose interest. "

"Better than anyone, they knew LeBron James could sometimes be so unaware of the world outside his own needs, his own yes men. "

For all his skills, I don't think we should ever compare Lebron with Kobe as a leader and as a student of the game.

no wonder he did what he did now

i have a strong feeling LBJ will join the list of supertars that will retire without a ring unless he change his attitude both as a person and as a player
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 07:30 AM »

prima dona si Lebron...the Big Ego pala.

Nagsalita na rin si Magic Johnson......same sentiments with MJ.

Mukhang kahit mag champs ang heat....mukhang walang valor/respect makukuha sa mga legends.

Kahit si Wade apektado nito.

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM »
Dunno if this was posted already, but, Magic Johnson echoes Jordan's sentiments on "teaming up"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5395989

Add Magic Johnson's voice to fellow Hall of Famer Michael Jordan's: Neither ever thought of combining forces the way LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh did earlier this month with the Miami Heat.

"We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

This past weekend, Jordan said at a celebrity golf event that he never would have played with Johnson or Bird, his two main rivals during his playing days.

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. The interview aired on the NBC telecast of the event. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Johnson added on Tuesday: "It was never a question in our mind because nobody has ever done that."

Wade re-signed with Miami, while James and Bosh joined the Heat via free agency earlier this month.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #367 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM »

Kahit si Wade apektado nito.

hindi po kasing apektado compared to lebron. naging champion na siya, naprove na niya na kanya niya magisa.. ang habol niya siguro ngayon is the heat dynasty..

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
Dunno if this was posted already, but, Magic Johnson echoes Jordan's sentiments on "teaming up"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5395989

MJ's and Magic's point on "teaming up" is crystal clear.  But the analogy, i think, is wrong.  Lebron teamed up with Wade and Bosh.  Not with Kobe and Dwight.  Lebron, if he wants to be legendary like MJ and Magic and Bird, should beat Kobe (no one else to beat but the Mamba right?) .  But he must do it without teaming up with other superstars.  Sadly, di na mangyayari.  The Kobe - Lebron era has went pfffft...

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 01:12 PM »
I'd rank Wade higher than Dwight right now. Until D12 develops a potent offensive game, I really can't put him in the same league as Kobe, LeBron or Wade, who I consider the top 3 players in the NBA right now. The analogy is really not that far-off IMO.  ;)

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 02:02 PM »
I'd rank Wade higher than Dwight right now. Until D12 develops a potent offensive game, I really can't put him in the same league as Kobe, LeBron or Wade, who I consider the top 3 players in the NBA right now. The analogy is really not that far-off IMO.  ;)

yup, I agree with this. D12 needs to be clear with SVG that he should be Magic's 1st priority for offense. With this, I believe that he can be dominant in both offense and defense like what Shaq did during his peak. :D

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2165
« Reply #372 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 03:29 PM »
Next year idadagdag ng Heat: Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo. >:(
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 03:33 PM »

I guess some of the teams are just sour graping.  Anyway, I don't see a big deal with Miami's big 3.  It seems Miami just wants to build a dynasty same as Celtics, Lakers, Bulls did before.  And 3 players are not enough to win a championship they need good role players and a good coach too.  It's too early to say that they will dominate  ;)  Below are some of the big 3 that won championships.

Boston: Garnett, Pierce, Allen
L.A.: Bryant, Gasol, Artest

Chicago(90s): Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
L.A.(80s): Magic, Jabbar, Worthy
Boston(80s): Bird, McHale, Parish, D.Johnson

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 09:53 PM »
I guess some of the teams are just sour graping.  Anyway, I don't see a big deal with Miami's big 3.  It seems Miami just wants to build a dynasty same as Celtics, Lakers, Bulls did before.  And 3 players are not enough to win a championship they need good role players and a good coach too.  It's too early to say that they will dominate  ;)  Below are some of the big 3 that won championships.

Boston: Garnett, Pierce, Allen
L.A.: Bryant, Gasol, Artest

Chicago(90s): Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
L.A.(80s): Magic, Jabbar, Worthy
Boston(80s): Bird, McHale, Parish, D.Johnson

The difference is Wade/LeBron/Bosh decided they wanted to SIGN and play with one team...the other Big 3's, not...
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010 at 09:55 PM by geckoph »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:07 AM »
Let's see if I get these right as I am basing all these by recall:

LAkers: Jabbar (from trade), Magic (from draft via New Orleans, I think) and Worthy (via draft as well) but all in different years

Bulls: Jordan drafted '84, Pippen from trade via Seatle draft and Rodman via freeagency, I think?

Boston: Bird drafted, McHale (draft pick) and Parish came from a trade with Golden State

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #376 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 10:05 AM »

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #377 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM »

parang di nga bagay no? parang kung ginawa nila yan before.. siguradong walang tatalo sa kanila.. mini dream team e.

but nowadays... parang everybody has their sights targeted in beating the heats... parang naging bully e..

good for kobe and the lakers...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 10:47 AM »
Sa Dream Team pictorials yan galing di ba? I seem to remember Magic telling Larry not to get too close to Michael or it will be called a foul.  ;D

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #379 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:42 AM »
Sa Dream Team pictorials yan galing di ba? I seem to remember Magic telling Larry not to get too close to Michael or it will be called a foul.  ;D

yup, dream team pictorial.. sabi ni magic.. "you cant get too close to michael coz itll be called a foul"..

the difference then, is that they're friends but competitive with each other...

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #380 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM »

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM »
yup, dream team pictorial.. sabi ni magic.. "you cant get too close to michael coz itll be called a foul"..

the difference then, is that they're friends but competitive with each other...

*Sighs* I miss the 80's and 90's basketball.  :(

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #382 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM »
All this talk of yesterday's stars made me dig up my old tapes. Yesterday I watched Jordan's 63-point explosion against Boston in the Garden. He was a sophomore and what struck me was he was so ... light ... ang gaan gumalaw. And irresistible going to the basket, kung saan-saan dumadaan.

More amazing to me, since I was always a Lakers fan and therefore I ignored Larry Bird, is that the best player in that game wasn't even MJ. it was Bird. Acting like a goalie on defense, hitting crucial shots from all over the floor, setting up all his teammates with perfect passes. All with economy of motion.

Going back to 2011, mukhang wala yatang bagong Bird. Meron bagong MJ, si Kobe at least in style. Bagong Magic, si Lebron siguro, partly. Pero yung si Bird wala yatang katulad.

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
Si Jordan na inabutan ko. But when I saw how Bird played, parang napaka effortless. No flash, go gimmicks.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #384 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 01:31 PM »
Larry Legend is no nonsense player, no one can interrupt him in his shooting practice not even the president of the united states, in game time  when his team is down you actually see him wanting the win and when they are ahead no way he will caught up and yeah this also

There was one stretch during the '86 season when he was actually bored by how good he was, so he started using his left hand more (during one game, he took only left-handed shots in the first half), then Bird and Walton started trying to see how many times they could run the back door play in one game, then he went through a stage when he was backing guys down on the low post just to see how many different ways he could create a basket. ... I mean, Larry Bird freaking experimented during games. When will we ever see something like that again?

the left handed game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76nMD8buR8

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 05:07 PM »
CP3 wants to be traded to the Knicks, Magic or Lakers...hmmm...who can the Knicks or Magic offer? whom are the Lakers willing to depart with for CP3?

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2165
« Reply #386 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 05:11 PM »
Larry Bird made me love the MBA particularly the Boston Celtics.
Bagay na bagay last name nya sa itsura nya parang loro  ;D.
Pero seriously, the elite three of Bird, Magic and Jordan, si Bird lang ang puti. Halos lahat ng magagaling ngayon black players, wala nang white player na super duper galing ala Bird. Walang katulad.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 06:51 PM »
San Antonio Spurs 2010-2011 Roster

...F Richard Jefferson (re-signed)
...F/C Tim Duncan
...C Tiago Splitter (2007 Draft pick)
...G Tony Parker
...G George Hill

...G Manu Ginobili
...F/C DeJuan Blair
...James Anderson
...F Antonio McDyess
...F Matt Bonner (re-signed)
...G Alonzo Gee
...F Malik Hairston
...G Curtis Jerrells
...G Garrett Temple
...Gary Neal
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 at 06:53 PM by geckoph »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 07:07 PM »
CP3 wants to be traded to the Knicks, Magic or Lakers...hmmm...who can the Knicks or Magic offer? whom are the Lakers willing to depart with for CP3?

a good addition to the magic, they dont have a very good point guard

i dont think the lakers would be interested considering they remain to be intact and i heard ariza is coming back

the knicks? is there anyone to offer considering david lee is out of the knicks already?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 07:28 PM »
Sana bumalik si ariza but who will the lakers give up?