Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 488210 times)

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #420 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM »
If it was true that the Clippers worked Tmac...and they seem to have passed, well...It's the Clippers! And they passed on Tmac! That doesn't sound promising at all.

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2166
« Reply #421 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM »
Please no for Chris Paul = Rajon Rondo.
Rondo should be the Celtics catalyst for the next decade!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM »

agree!

sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #423 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM »

Yeah. CP3 hasn't proved anything yet.

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 01:04 PM »
If it was true that the Clippers worked Tmac...and they seem to have passed, well...It's the Clippers! And they passed on Tmac! That doesn't sound promising at all.

Kase injured na daw. Ang requirement ng Clippers, mainjure dapat while under contract with them.  ;D
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 06:35 AM »
TMac's only 31 years old but his body's been ravaged by various injuries for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Grant Hill had the same misfortune but he's a gentleman on & off the court. He accepted his role the past seasons & has no qualms whatsoever playing second fiddle to the new stars of his team (with the Orlando Magic & then the Suns).

Can Tmac do the same? He must realize that the Bulls is Derrick Rose's team. All he's got to do is whip himself back into shape & contribute either as a back-up shooting guard or small forward. I believe he's got 2 or 3 more playing years left.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 at 06:39 AM by TOP 20 »
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #426 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 09:59 AM »
tmac has no other choice if he still want to play.

other news... CP3 did not request trade in hornets meeting
“I expressed my desire to win and I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team. I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjeyeBdYjmXqw5cqjUos1mm8vLYF?slug=ap-hornets-paul

looks like he back tracked

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #427 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM »
no way, paul is a very good point guard for me but id say rondo is better than him....

and emeka okafor? he has not proven anything in the NBA.

Agreed. Rondo is a better fit for the Celtics than Chris Paul. Although Paul is better offensively and the Celtics could use his offensive prowess, in the end Rondo just fits into the Celtics system more because they are a more defensive minded team.

Also, regarding Boston's aging stars, notice that Ainge does not give new acquisitions/re-signed players more than a 2 year contract with the exception of Paul Pierce who re-signed for 4 years. It seems he's giving this unit 2 more years to make a serious run before retooling after the 2012 season (KG's contract also expires after 2012). Not a bad plan IMHO.

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #428 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:35 PM »
Career highlights:
Rajon Rondo                                                        Cris Paul
       NBA Champion (2008)                                            All-NBA First Team (2008)
       NBA All-Star (2010)                                                3× NBA All-Star (2008–2010)
       All-Defensive First Team (2010)                             NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009)
       All-Defensive Second Team (2009)                         NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2008)
       NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2007)                       NBA Rookie of the Year (2006)

I'll pick a healthy CP3 over Rondo. ;)
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:45 PM »
I'll pick a healthy CP3 over Rondo. ;)

That's the problem. He ain't healthy. And if he's not playing, how can one even consider him?

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:49 PM »
That's the problem. He ain't healthy. And if he's not playing, how can one even consider him?

+1... no question on the talent of CP3 if he's healthy... i woudl also pick him over Rondo.. kaso hindi nga healty eh

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 07:17 AM »
yup that's why cp3 is always top 5 in fnba because he also excel defensively with steals and blocks to stuff the stats, and yes he is injury prone.

doc rivers should make more plays for rondo, imho if they want to be compete still with the powerhouse teams rondo should be the focal point.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 at 07:41 AM by kimpOy »

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM »
"Anyone crazy enough to mess with me is crazy enough to play with me"

Matt Barnes: Kobe sold me on Lakers

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 01:14 PM »

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 01:17 PM »
Kobe on coaching.
Although retirement is still a long way away for the 31-year-old guard, Kobe Bryant has clearly given thought to what he does not want to do when his playing days are over — coach.

“No. Absolutely not. No, no, no,” he said.

“Being a coach is too frustrating for me. I like coaching kids and holding training clinics for the kids. But to be a coach from the regular season to the playoffs … I have no interest at all.”

Except for Larry Bird and Bill Russell, superstar players  don't make successful coaches. Funny, it's the journeymen and bit players who are the most successful coaches like Pat Riley and Phil Jackson.

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 01:54 PM »
Except for Larry Bird and Bill Russell, superstar players  don't make successful coaches. Funny, it's the journeymen and bit players who are the most successful coaches like Pat Riley and Phil Jackson.

Lagi kasi silang nasa bench, sila yung madalas kausap ng coaching staff.   ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 at 01:55 PM by iggi_08 »
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 03:09 PM »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 01:30 AM »
^ Awww that's the number of one of my favorite LAkers: Nick Van Exel

Just to veer away from freeagency, I just downloaded Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs The New York Knicks (part of ESPN's 30 for 30 film series) and man does it bring back memories! Reggie was just so damn good at getting to his opponents' heads he's probably the best (Larry Bird's a tie or second IMHO). His duel with John Starks and the insights provided by players, coaches, management etc. in this film were just so priceless that even if you're not a Pacers or Knicks fan, you'd want to watch it, if only to see how masterful Reggie was at frustrating opposing players.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 07:30 AM »
^I saw that too and I really enjoyed it. Brings back memories. And learned a lot of behind the scenes stuff I didn't know was going on.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 08:03 AM »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 08:31 AM »
^ Awww that's the number of one of my favorite LAkers: Nick Van Exel

Just to veer away from freeagency, I just downloaded Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs The New York Knicks (part of ESPN's 30 for 30 film series) and man does it bring back memories! Reggie was just so damn good at getting to his opponents' heads he's probably the best (Larry Bird's a tie or second IMHO). His duel with John Starks and the insights provided by players, coaches, management etc. in this film were just so priceless that even if you're not a Pacers or Knicks fan, you'd want to watch it, if only to see how masterful Reggie was at frustrating opposing players.

he..he agree reggie was damn good at getting to his opponent's game but he probably learned it from larry legend

from wikipedia
Bird's competitive nature often emerged in nearly constant trash-talking on the court. Some notable examples follow:

* During the three-point shooting contest on All-Star Weekend 1986, Bird entered the locker room, looked around without saying a word, then finally said, "I want all of you to know I am winning this thing. I'm just looking around to see who's gonna finish up second." He won the shooting contest.
    * During one game on Christmas Day against the Indiana Pacers, before the game Bird told Chuck Person that he had a Christmas present waiting for him. During the game, when Person was on the bench, Bird shot a three-pointer on the baseline right in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry crapin' Christmas!", and then the shot went in. This was no doubt inspired by Person (nicknamed the "Rifleman") stating prior to the game that "The Rifleman is Coming, and He's Going Bird Hunting."
    * Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book "I Love Being The Enemy". Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best shooter in the league right now. In the league. Understand? And you're up here trying to tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.
    * Late in a tied game against the Seattle SuperSonics, Bird told Supersonics forward Xavier McDaniel, who was guarding him, exactly where he would hit the game winning shot. After a timeout, Bird made two baseline cuts, then posted in the exact spot he had indicated to McDaniel, paused, turned, and hit the shot in his face.[26]
    * On November 9, 1984, Bird was ejected along with Julius Erving in the third quarter after an on court scuffle. At the point of both ejections, Bird had outscored Erving 42 to 6. During the game, Bird had continuously informed Erving of their tallies with every chance he got to score. Bird denies this stating that it was "M.L. (Carr) talking trash from the bench" during that game.[27] Eventually a shoving match ensued, then swings taken by both players, and finally a bench-clearing brawl.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM »
Jeeze, Lebron is just like the richer version of Antoine Walker. Also, why did they pull down that article? I saw the ads for that 2 days ago.
anyway, here's Markazi's new article about Mitch Kupchack
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5407007

Mitch's a good manager but i'm not sure if he's a good as San Antonio's and Oklahoma's who are able to build good teams below or just above the salary cap. Well, Kobe's salary alone is 40% of the Laker's cap and it's going to get higher.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM »
crazy... Ron Artest Interviews Ron Artest
good read though..

so many quote, unquote moments..

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON KOBE?
I thought you'd never ask. We'll be on the plane, playing cards. Kobe will walk up, stop the game and say, "Ron, come to the back of the plane." Then, he'll show me some tape and say, "Look at this. Here's what you need to do." I'll go back to my seat, and then he'll walk up to Shannon Brown, stop the card game and do the same thing. And it doesn't matter if you're sleeping. He'll wake you up and show you things you've never thought about. He puts so much time and passion into the game. I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM »
Funniest quote from the article for me.

"I want a gold medal so bad, I'd be the water boy. But they won't even let me try out! I've been trying to get on that team forever. Three years ago, I called Jerry Colangelo. He answered the phone. I said, "Hi, this is Ron Artest," and the dude hung up! At least let me try out. Give me a chance to represent the ghettos of America. Come on, Team USA! I don't have much time left."

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2166
« Reply #447 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
I think Von Wafer is a good signing and addition to the Celtics. Additional athletic player and a scorer/shooter. Basta mag cooperate lang sya team kse me topak daw yang player na yan.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #448 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 07:37 PM »
Funniest quote from the article for me.

"I want a gold medal so bad, I'd be the water boy. But they won't even let me try out! I've been trying to get on that team forever. Three years ago, I called Jerry Colangelo. He answered the phone. I said, "Hi, this is Ron Artest," and the dude hung up! At least let me try out. Give me a chance to represent the ghettos of America. Come on, Team USA! I don't have much time left."

hahaha.. due to his reputation kya hindi siya pinapayagan sumali.. baka magkagulo sa World BBall Championships..

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked: