Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487581 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #870 on: Oct 27, 2010 at 01:09 PM »
artest will raffle off  his championship ring daw.... totoo ba?

sayang naman....

"The Lakers' rings are ostentatious masterpieces of excess, featuring 16 oversized diamonds for each Lakers title, a three-dimensional rendering of each player's face, and even a small piece of the leather from a basketball used in Game 7 of the NBA finals."

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #871 on: Oct 27, 2010 at 01:17 PM »

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #872 on: Oct 27, 2010 at 03:03 PM »
"What should I do?"

-Lebron, after Game 1 loss ;D

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #873 on: Oct 27, 2010 at 05:11 PM »
artest will raffle off  his championship ring daw.... totoo ba?

Auction Sir, for the benefit of a mental health charity daw. Gotta love Ron.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2010 at 05:11 PM by iggi_08 »
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #874 on: Oct 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM »
auctioning the ring, doesnt make one less of a champion. mawawala lang ang material thing which would remind you of that championship, but then again, ronron's intentions are very noble, and if indeed gawin nya yan, he will always be remembered as a player who did wrong but turned out great. and will truly be an inspiration to everyone.

if things pushes thru, he will be forever be a champ and his name would forever be mentioned alongside the names of mj, bird, magic etc... this would make him great.

peoples champ ron.. the selfless player who auctioned his ring for charity.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #875 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 01:13 AM »
According to what I heard sa mga commentators, it would be a raffle, to give everybody a chance to win.  Most likely parang you'll buy a ticket.  Sabi kasi pag auction daw, yung mga madaming cash lang makakasali.  That's what I heard, still unconfirmed though.

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #876 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 05:22 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if the Cavs beat the Celtics today haha.

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #877 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 08:15 AM »
^Close game so far. Cavs up by 3.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2010 at 08:15 AM by bumblebee »

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #878 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 08:39 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if the Cavs beat the Celtics today haha.

Celtics > Heat, if the Cavs beat the C's today, Cavs > Celtics.

Since the Celtics won over the Heat yesterday, I therefore conclude that the Cavs >> Heat.  ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #879 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM »
Cavs beat Celts 95-87.  Lebron who again?

And Cavs fans can't wait for December 2 for the much awaited showdown with the Heat.  Mark the date guys.  Madugo to!

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #880 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM »
Real cool haha.

Seriously now, the Cavs have a real coach for the first time this decade. Someone who knows how to win. Someone who was part of the best team ever (that's the Showtime Lakers, to you Celtics fans).

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM »
No. 23 is gone, but hardly forgotten. He'll be back on Dec. 2, and Cleveland is waiting.

While walking around the city, Rivers received congratulatory handshakes from Cavs fans who thanked him for beating James.

"I got lots of them," Rivers said, laughing. "I thought it was pretty funny."

Afterward, Rivers felt even more love.

"We're the most popular team in Cleveland right now, beating Miami and losing to the Cavs," said Rivers, who praised the Cavs. "That's what the Cleveland fans want to see. This is blue-collar town. This team will fit them very well."
  The full story : http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20101027_BOS@CLE/lebron-who-cavaliers-knock-off-celtics-in-opener

The Cavs really hate Lebron huh.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #882 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM »
bitter  ;D ;D

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #883 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM »
Cavs beat Celts 95-87.  Lebron who again?

And Cavs fans can't wait for December 2 for the much awaited showdown with the Heat.  Mark the date guys.  Madugo to!

Natawa ko sa comment ni Kerr yesterday regarding that game, "Don't forget to wear your flak jackets!"  ;D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #884 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 03:33 PM »

bling!

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #885 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 04:14 PM »
Was wondering where that "piece of the ball" was ;D

bling!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 04:17 PM »
i wish this thread would still be active after like 5 years or so so I can see if im right or wrong.

LBJ will retire without a ring

unless he agrees to be second fiddle to bryant at the lakers, or trasfer to chicago leaving his ego at miami

or join the celtics also,

peace to all LBJ fans :) :)

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #887 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 04:45 PM »
i wish this thread would still be active after like 5 years or so so I can see if im right or wrong.

LBJ will retire without a ring

unless he agrees to be second fiddle to bryant at the lakers, or trasfer to chicago leaving his ego at miami

or join the celtics also,

peace to all LBJ fans :) :)

he will get a ring.. he is still young plus he is in a great team.. sooner or later he will win it with the heat.. the only question is how many rings will he win?! ;)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #888 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 05:17 PM »
I don't wish for Lebron to win a ring.
I only wish it for coach Erik Spoelstra someday (not this year since I am still routing for the Celts)  ;D ;D ;D
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #889 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 06:31 PM »
Hakeem will always be the most skilled center I have seen play. I remember how he regularly embarassed his rivals like Ewing, Robinson and Shaq with those amazing post moves. Even if I rooted for the Knicks, I couldn't help but go "Whooa!" when he would fake out everybody with the patented Dream Shake. It's great that DH turns to him to learn some moves, as Dwight has only been relying on his athletic ability to score. If he can develop a decent midrange jumpshot along with those post moves, he'd be the complete package.

Now as for Boston signing an almost 50 year old Hakeem, he would join a frontcourt with Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal. If this was 10 years ago every other team would crap their pants just thinking about facing these guys.  ;D

Hakeem is the best center ever imo.  Imagine a big man leading pa in steals ;). I'm a rockets fan forever. ;D Imagine during the Ralph Sampson draft year, if they picked Drexler instead of Rodney Mcray (but I love this guy). Man Sampson, Olajuwon, and Drexler in the same team. Ten years as champion. Easily ;D

Ok you let me wanna find my Hakeem dvd right now ;D Will watch it again.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #890 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 07:17 PM »
sorry sa OT pero what if di nagsemiretire si MJ dati tingin nyo magback to back champion ang houston that time?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #891 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 08:21 PM »
sorry sa OT pero what if di nagsemiretire si MJ dati tingin nyo magback to back champion ang houston that time?

nope, kung hindi siya ng retire nun.. 8 championship rings siya ngayon. ;)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #892 on: Oct 28, 2010 at 08:25 PM »
nope, kung hindi siya ng retire nun.. 8 championship rings siya ngayon. ;)

un din naisip ko eh.  :D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #893 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 07:39 AM »
agree hakeem is my favorite also and imho the best center all time. he dominated dominating big men in his time, prime admiral, young shaq, prime ewing, prime mutombo (watch the motumbo vs hakeem on youtube, great defense by dikembe pero hakeem found a way to score against him) even PFs stand no chance against hakeem, talk about the worm and barkley

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #894 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 08:25 AM »
Miami is going to play its first home game tomorrow, but it's against Orlando.  :)  The way the Magic is playing now (even if it's against the Wizards), Miami has to bring its "A" game to avoid another loss against a top East team.  

Checked the TV skeds online - isn't this game going to be televised?!!  BTV is showing OKC vs. DET tomorrow.  No NBA games scheduled on either ESPN or Star Sports.  ???
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #895 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 08:29 AM »
Real cool haha.

Seriously now, the Cavs have a real coach for the first time this decade. Someone who knows how to win. Someone who was part of the best team ever (that's the Showtime Lakers, to you Celtics fans).

Lakers ba?  Hindi ba 72 win Bulls.  A lot even rank the 86 Celtics team higher than any Lakers team put together.  what about the Wilt/West led team that won 33 straight games.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010 at 08:33 AM by DVD_Freak »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #896 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 09:02 AM »
re Ralph Sampson...that guy is one heck of a power forward at 7'4" (?). Too bad he blew out his knees very early in his career. Agree that Olajuwon was one of the best who played his position in terms of his unique skill sets however I dont think he is the best. Shaq, Russel, Kareem and Wilt in their primes will surely give Olajuwon a nightmare. The Dream is a finesse player and though when he met Shaq at the finals Olajuwon was already in his prime back then and Shaq was in the league for 2 years only.  Had they both met while they were in their prime, the 1999-2002 Shaq version will just simply overpower the Dream.

if Kareem and the Dream (both finesse players) were matched up in their prime the Captain will just simply skyhook him to death. He aint the player with the most points in the NBA for nothing not to mention several MVP honors and several rings to boot.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #897 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
re Ralph Sampson...that guy is one heck of a power forward at 7'4" (?). Too bad he blew out his knees very early in his career. Agree that Olajuwon was one of the best who played his position in terms of his unique skill sets however I dont think he is the best. Shaq, Russel, Kareem and Wilt in their primes will surely give Olajuwon a nightmare. The Dream is a finesse player and though when he met Shaq at the finals Olajuwon was already in his prime back then and Shaq was in the league for 2 years only.  Had they both met while they were in their prime, the 1999-2002 Shaq version will just simply overpower the Dream.

if Kareem and the Dream (both finesse players) were matched up in their prime the Captain will just simply skyhook him to death. He aint the player with the most points in the NBA for nothing not to mention several MVP honors and several rings to boot.

+1 For me the best center would probably be Bill Russel! But I don't believe that the 1999-2002 Shaq was better than Hakeem. The Dream was wiser, had better footwork, better perimeter game not to mention the good FT shooting...  ;D Talo lang siya siguro ni Shaq sa power.. The 1999-2002 Shaq was all power to me! His game declined together with it.

Just my 2 cents!  ;D Peace!
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 12:47 PM »
+1 For me the best center would probably be Bill Russel! But I don't believe that the 1999-2002 Shaq was better than Hakeem. The Dream was wiser, had better footwork, better perimeter game not to mention the good FT shooting...  ;D Talo lang siya siguro ni Shaq sa power.. The 1999-2002 Shaq was all power to me! His game declined together with it.

Just my 2 cents!  ;D Peace!

guess the best center would really depend on how you view the game and what skills you admire in the player, i believe all those center you have mentioned can be the best depending on qualities we want to give emphasis too. I have always admire hakeem because of his killer footwork, what the killer cross over to tim hardaway is the vaunted footwork to hakeem, i just love him when he works his way underneath the basket not even jumping yet run rings on david robinson, ewing and shaq among others. i admire shaq becasue of his imposing power but certainly hate his free throws, i like jabbar becasue of his skyhook, not sure about the rest of the oldies becasue i got hooked up in basketball late. i have heard about wilt chamberlain scoring at will.

i basically like most of the NBA centers wag lang si manute bol kase natatangay a hangin eh
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #899 on: Oct 29, 2010 at 08:15 PM »
let's try and put together a monster center then.

footwork,shooting,FT shooting,FG percentage,rebounding,shot blocking,passing,post moves (dagdagan nyo pa as you see fit)

picks?  :)