Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487545 times)

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #990 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 09:14 AM »
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2010 at 09:18 AM by dmaximus »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #991 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 09:29 AM »
I actually think Wade and James can be good lockdown defenders if they choose to.. it's just that they've been goto guys their entire careers.. they've been tasked to score than to defend.. MJ was the same during his career.. he was a good lockdown defender when he chose to.. but he played the passing lanes and the weak side the same way Wade and James are doing now..

The same can be said about Kobe.. he can shut down a player if he chose to.. he did that during the last Olympic team.. I still remember how he went after Barbosa in that qualifying game against Brazil.. Opening tip pa lang bantay-sarado na si Barbosa..

I think the reason why these well-known players get the nod for the defensive team more often than those role players is that they do more than just defend.. those role players are just tasked to defend.. they don't have the burden of carrying the team on their backs every game night..

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #992 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM »
I think good one-on-one defenders are just the icing on the cake of good team defense.

Boston has KG and Rondo, who are good one-on-one defenders, and many average defenders. But as a team they play D really well. The Celts are well-known for being able to load up on a team's strong side and to shut down or bother the first option. That gives the Heat a lot of problems, as the so-called Big 3 are often on the same side of the floor. If you go to your weak side, the Celts are good at recovering and covering that too.

The Lakers are the same way. If you beat their perimeter, you're likely to face one or more 7-footers on your way in. Plus the Lakes are able to play good D without committing a lot of fouls. All PhilJax championship teams have played good D this way, no matter who the personnel were.

In both systems, players have come and gone, but team defense has been the norm. To punctuate this, note that Artest is no longer the one-on-one defender he once was (rewatch the Finals again and see Paul Pierce having his way most of the time) but the team covers for each other well.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #993 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
No offense but the all defensive team in the NBA has some flaws, yes LBJ is very good defensively but overated. Yes he averages enough steals and blocks a lot of amazing shots very good for a highlight reel but for me that does not constitute being part of the all defensive team. A lot of NBA players are more deserving of this category unfortunately they are lesser known role players, but isnt that the point that their role is to defend people.

The difference is he is not a lock down player with the likes of Ron Artest, Gary Payton or Michael Jordan. He is not also a team concept defender who will patrol the lanes and chase after people who were forgotten by their man ala Bill Russell or a KG. The reason why Boston was so good in thier runs is that they have in their big 3 a healthy KG who does both of these categories well. This is also the reason why Pierce and Allen have improved tremendously on defense compared to their earlier years. Plus, of course a Rajon Rondo who is very intelligent defensively does not hurt hehe.

Yes Miami's Big 3 will have their moments, but their struggles early only shows us that it is not that easy building a championship team. You are combining both tremendous talents and ego's. Fortunately for the C's they realized how to do this early. And until the big 3 in Miami does the same it is still the Big 4 in Green and Mamba and Gasol in showtime that will be the teams to beat.

im sharing the same view when i posted previusoly. was actually surprised to know nasa defensive team pala si wade and james.

When i mentioned their lack of defensive porwess, im more looking at their desire to mix it up, bang bodies, run for loose balls, help team mates close down the lane and the likes

im sure they will have their days soon  not sure though which one will happen firts, MIami Big Three getting to the Championship or Miami Big Three getting to different roads ahead
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #994 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM »
Talo na naman ang Miami...  Morale must be really low with all these losses and injuries.  Yari sila sa Cleveland next Friday.  :)       

We deserve better.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #995 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM »
Talo na naman ang Miami...  Morale must be really low with all these losses and injuries.  Yari sila sa Cleveland next Friday.  :)       

yup, malas talaga... I doubt papayag si LBJ matalo sa cleveland..

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #996 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 01:41 PM »
o.t.
shades of the father. naka-highlight din hehehe
minsan lang yan. pag magaya nya yung in-your-face ni erpat kay patrick e. o zo mourning bibilib ako.
mahirap talaga pag sikat ang tatay. gaya ni jawo. malayo si dudut.

1min.mark
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Michael-Jordan-s-son-lifts-off-against-Stetson?urn=ncaab-288754

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
^Parang puro hangin lang. Based on what I read, maangas masyado.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #998 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 02:31 PM »
^Parang puro hangin lang. Based on what I read, maangas masyado.

air jordan din?  ;D ::)
bigay mo na yung dunk hehehe...nagsusugal din yata malaki magpatalo.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #999 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 03:00 PM »
I actually think Wade and James can be good lockdown defenders if they choose to.. it's just that they've been goto guys their entire careers.. they've been tasked to score than to defend.. MJ was the same during his career.. he was a good lockdown defender when he chose to.. but he played the passing lanes and the weak side the same way Wade and James are doing now..

The same can be said about Kobe.. he can shut down a player if he chose to.. he did that during the last Olympic team.. I still remember how he went after Barbosa in that qualifying game against Brazil.. Opening tip pa lang bantay-sarado na si Barbosa..

I think the reason why these well-known players get the nod for the defensive team more often than those role players is that they do more than just defend.. those role players are just tasked to defend.. they don't have the burden of carrying the team on their backs every game night..

I understand that. But then they should be placed (they are currently actually) on the All NBA Team rather than NBA All Defensive Team. The all defensive team should as the name suggest be the best defenders in the league not taking into consideration whether you carry your team night in and night out offensively but you are the anchor of your team always in defense. Though there are really exceptions like Dwight Howard who really deserved it since he led the league in both rebounds and blocks, but he is also thier cornerstone in offense.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2010 at 03:05 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1000 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 03:23 PM »
Now, at 8-7 I'm a bit shocked. But I can't help but laugh, perhaps this will be looked at as the darkest chapter in the Heat's saga, a time that they will refer to as giving them strength and bonding them together.

But then again, maybe the sum of the parts in this scenario are not equal to the whole? Maybe you cannot get 100% Bosh, Bron and Wade together, maybe it just doesn't work.

Right now, seeing the Heat lose gives me great pleasure, not sure why, I like LeBron and Wade, but I hate the idea of this team. I love seeing half filled arenas for Miami home games, I love the fact they have to run a 'Fan Up' campaign. I love the fact that these guys all went to a city that will only give a f*ck about basketball for a couple of weeks a year. they aren't having fun and they aren't
feeling the love. They are getting a raw deal, each of them should be a King, a CEO, a President (except for maybe Bosh) running their own team, charting their own path, but instead they thought they'd do it together, seemed like a good idea...now we need to wait and see.

Be careful what you wish for. lf LeBron was in NY right now, I'd be so much fun for the fans and for him. he'd be king of the world.
But this thing isn't over yet...

Spoelstra will be axed before XMas, then it will be Pat Riley's turn to make this work.

The Pat Riley phase will be the true test of this unit. If that fails then they seriously need to consider trading Wade or Bosh, sounds crazy trading Wade as he IS Miami, and it would make a lot of people hate LeBron even more, but LeBron is the WAY more valuable chip.

Watching them flounder is one of the great surprises of the season

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1001 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 02:29 PM »
Blake Griffin...  And it's only November.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElYBEMVdrM

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2010 at 02:31 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1002 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 02:59 PM »
queen james being the douche that he is, bumping coach spoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8&feature=player_embedded

Offline Dirk_Diggler

• Apprentice
  • Turbocharger...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 04:29 PM »
^only a self proclaimed king can do that. what a prick! ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 05:31 PM »
queen james being the douche that he is, bumping coach spoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8&feature=player_embedded

talent alone can not give championship, it takes a good and postive attitude not only as a player but as a person,

my opinion only, james is young and may have long years ahead of him to win a chmapinoship but im willing to bet and wait, he will retire a loser, there are so many other legends more talented than him that retired without a championship yet they are gentlemen and has good attitudes,my apologies for LBJ fans just hsaring my opinions here but someone who has this kind of an attitude will end up a journeyman worst forgotten in no time at all, im seeing another iverson in the making here
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #1005 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM »
So far, there are 8 Triple-Double Performances ...
...Rajon Rondo (10/29 - vs. NYK - 10pts/10rebs/24asts)
...Brandon Jennings (10/30 - vs. CHA - 20pts/10rebs/10asts)
...Kobe Bryant (11/3 - @ SAC - 30pts/10rebs/12asts)
...Pau Gasol (11/7 - vs. POR - 20pts/14rebs/10asts)
...LeBron James (11/9 - vs. UTA - 20pts/11rebs/14asts)
...John Wall (11/10 - vs. HOU - 19pts/10rebs/13asts)
...Stephen Jackson (11/20 - vs. PHO - 24pts/10rebs/10asts)

...Josh Smith (11/28 - @ TOR - 12pts/13rebs/10asts)
Kailan kaya si CP3 or maybe, Raymond Felton?
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM by geckoph »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1007 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 03:05 PM »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 07:12 AM »
If Miami loses at Cleveland this Friday, it'll be the sweetest among the Heat's current failures...  ;D  Odds are against Miami losing, but the Cavs (and their fans) have *extra* motivation to pull off the upset.  
Live on BTV, 9:00 AM.  

It'll probably be the nail in the coffin too for Spoelstra's career as Heat head coach.  Too bad he has to be the scapegoat.  

BTW, here's MJ's response/advice to LBJ on what the King should do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCjUG1Mww&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010 at 10:30 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 03:48 PM »
In hindsight, I think LBJ was better of with Cleveland.  What he should have done is he should have demanded for better players to surround him ala Jordan.  Players that will CLICK with his style.  Now with the Heat, I don't see the Big 3 clicking.   

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
"LeBron James, Dwyane Wade combine for 56 points in blowout of Wizards," really? John Hall - DNP Right Knee Bruise ... Is an 11-point win a blowout? Can anyone explain "in blowout of Wizards" to me, like I'm a 3-year old?
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010 at 05:33 PM by geckoph »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1011 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 06:40 PM »
Cmon, it's ESPN, the LeBron Channel ;D

Offline aRujoN

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 200
« Reply #1012 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 10:56 AM »
first it was the cHEAT, now even the lakers are on a 3 game losing streak.. against the pacers, jazz and griz..  :o

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1013 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 11:25 AM »
Wow. Maybe they should fire Phil Jackson and ask Pat Riley to come back as head coach. LOL

Online VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #1014 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:48 PM »
Betting lines open for Erik Spoelstra's firing as Heat coach - Vegas betting lines and oddsmakers have capitalized on the hype by putting out a line on Spoelstra's firing. Right now on Bodog.com the line for Spoelstra being fired before the end of the regular season stands at -155 and +115 on him keeping his job until the end of the regular season. http://www.examiner.com/filipino-sports-in-national/betting-lines-open-for-erik-spoelstra-s-firing-as-heat-coach
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:50 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1015 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 02:38 PM »
So far, there are 9 Triple-Double Performances ...
...Rajon Rondo (10/29 - vs. NYK - 10pts/10rebs/24asts)
...Brandon Jennings (10/30 - vs. CHA - 20pts/10rebs/10asts)
...Kobe Bryant (11/3 - @ SAC - 30pts/10rebs/12asts)
...Pau Gasol (11/7 - vs. POR - 20pts/14rebs/10asts)
...LeBron James (11/9 - vs. UTA - 20pts/11rebs/14asts)
...John Wall (11/10 - vs. HOU - 19pts/10rebs/13asts)
...Stephen Jackson (11/20 - vs. PHO - 24pts/10rebs/10asts)
...Josh Smith (11/28 - @ TOR - 12pts/13rebs/10asts)

...Tim Duncan (11/30 - @GSW - 15pts/18rebs/11asts) - TD's 3rd Career Triple-Double, regular season #GoSpursGo
...The Spurs are not 15-2, 8-0 on the road ...
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010 at 02:38 PM by geckoph »

Offline aRujoN

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 200
« Reply #1016 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 10:51 AM »
Wow. Maybe they should fire Phil Jackson and ask Pat Riley to come back as head coach. LOL
hahaha lol ;D
btw, lakers have lost 4 straight now...

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 11:02 AM »
hahaha lol ;D
btw, lakers have lost 4 straight now...

What the #%&$

And in other news, San Antonio is at the top of the league right now. It's been a long time since we last saw that!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 11:50 AM »
I'm not worried about the LAkers. I've seen this before. They dont give the effort because...wait for it...they're frakkin bored! I mean, it's easy to say that, but like what I saw on their threepeat run, they just cruise past the regular season and turn it up once the playoffs begins. I'm more concerend with Andrew Bynum getting back and Kobe actually being 100% The only thing that bothers me now is Ron Artest's offense. I feel like Phil Jackson every time he gets the ball.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1019 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 11:58 AM »
The Lakers should be concerned.  The NBA gave them a favorable and soft schedule to start the season.  The harder games from that schedule are on the horizon with them already having 6 losses.