Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487537 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #1350 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM »
Pretty impressed with the BULLS' performance this season,
if they can maintain their intensity, and keep healthy, they would
definitely be a team to consider...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1351 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM »
The Bulls actually have a shot at the no. 1 spot in the East if they keep it up.. With the win against Miami and the loss of Boston to Denver, they're just 2 games behind.. they're sneaking behind those two.. Thibodeau's got a good shot at the coach of the year plum as well..

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1352 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 01:54 PM »
yeah and Drose has a chance at the MVP

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1353 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
im a celtics fan too, baka ako lang ang masaya sa trade kay perkins kase im a fan of shaq baka naman may mailalabas pa sya out of his sleeve eh this is the chance kung di naman sya injured.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1354 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 02:47 PM »
Shaq will now play 30+ mins which I think is asking too much.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1355 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 02:56 PM »
Shaq will now play 30+ mins which I think is asking too much.

kahit 20 na lang tapos yung 10 kay jermaine o neal, censya na sir love na love ko talaga si shaq eh hahahahah

by the way kung matutuloy yung dwight howard, will this be good for the celts? nag base na lang kase ako nababasa dito eh bihira na ako makanood.

it seems to me ang daming magagaling dati na biglang wala na like vince carter di na sya napapagusapan

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1356 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 03:43 PM »
I don't really feel that bad about the Celtics deal, maybe because I'm not that much of a Celtics fan. I see their center slot as more of a platoon situation, with O'Neal/Krstic/Davis/Garnett sharing minutes. I remember them beating Orlando w/ that strategy -- with multiple centers matching up against Dwight. On the other hand, the acquisition of Green gives them the versatile wingman that they always wanted as well as a key piece for the future. I remember that their offense always stagnated whenever they subbed in Tony Allen last yr. because of T. Allen's inability to hit outside shots. The Celtics won't have the same problem with Green who is a versatile and talented scorer. I don't think that they have a chance of nabbing Battier w/out giving out Perkins either. Houston wanted a big for Battier. Not only did they got a big (a stiff maybe, but a stiff w/ potential), they also got a first rd. pick from Memphis as well.

As for OKC, they are gonna give the Lakers major trouble if they ever face them in the playoffs. Not only do they have the size to compete against them, but also the Westbrook/Durant tandem is gonna give their aging defenders (Fisher,Artest) a ton of trouble.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1357 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 05:14 PM »
I don't really feel that bad about the Celtics deal, maybe because I'm not that much of a Celtics fan. I see their center slot as more of a platoon situation, with O'Neal/Krstic/Davis/Garnett sharing minutes. I remember them beating Orlando w/ that strategy -- with multiple centers matching up against Dwight. On the other hand, the acquisition of Green gives them the versatile wingman that they always wanted as well as a key piece for the future. I remember that their offense always stagnated whenever they subbed in Tony Allen last yr. because of T. Allen's inability to hit outside shots. The Celtics won't have the same problem with Green who is a versatile and talented scorer. I don't think that they have a chance of nabbing Battier w/out giving out Perkins either. Houston wanted a big for Battier. Not only did they got a big (a stiff maybe, but a stiff w/ potential), they also got a first rd. pick from Memphis as well.

As for OKC, they are gonna give the Lakers major trouble if they ever face them in the playoffs. Not only do they have the size to compete against them, but also the Westbrook/Durant tandem is gonna give their aging defenders (Fisher,Artest) a ton of trouble.

this is the future of NBA for me.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1358 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 05:23 PM »

+1 - OKC is on the rise at the moment.. with the addition of Perk and Nate (barring any injuries) they'll become even stronger and definitely a contender in the West. I just hope they peak right in time for the playoffs para mas maganda laban vs the Mavs/Spurs/Lakers..  ;D

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011 at 08:33 AM by T33K0Y »

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1359 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 06:57 PM »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1360 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 07:59 PM »
OKC got the size and toughness they lacked now with Perkins (provided he stays healthy) and Nazr. Nice trades by OKC, but it was a pity to lose Green.

As for Dwight, I predict history repeasts itself and a franchise center from Orlando bolts Disneyworld for Disney land.  ;D

Offline scaglietti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1361 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 08:47 PM »
thats the problem with free agency, teams are left with nothing once their superstars decide not to renew their contracts.  Just like what happened with the cavs, suns and raptors.  So yung mga owners, inuunahan na yung mga all stars nila na nagbibigay ng indication that they will not sign an extension.  Just like melo and deron.  From what ive heared, d-will's contract expire 2013, pero may opt-out sya ng 2012.  So if ever mag opt out sya next season, the Jazz are left with nothing.  Hence the trade.  I heared their GM yata said, "they don't wanna be the next cavaliers or raptors" I dont like the trade but lets face it, the NBA is also a business.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1362 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:01 PM »
kahit 20 na lang tapos yung 10 kay jermaine o neal, censya na sir love na love ko talaga si shaq eh hahahahah

by the way kung matutuloy yung dwight howard, will this be good for the celts? nag base na lang kase ako nababasa dito eh bihira na ako makanood.

it seems to me ang daming magagaling dati na biglang wala na like vince carter di na sya napapagusapan

The rumor mill indicated sir na Boston is going after Dwight Howard.  By the time Dwight becomes a free agent, Only Rondo and Pierce are signed.  So there's cap space.  That's why Howard was inserted by Doc so he could play with the other 4 Celtics.  Would Dwight be a good fit?  With Rondo at the point, most definitely sir.  But of course there's no guarantee Howard signs with Boston.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1363 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:07 PM »
I remember them beating Orlando w/ that strategy -- with multiple centers matching up against Dwight. On the other hand, the acquisition of Green gives them the versatile wingman that they always wanted as well as a key piece for the future. I remember that their offense always stagnated whenever they subbed in Tony Allen last yr. because of T. Allen's inability to hit outside shots.

Actually Dwight was contained majority of the time primarily by Perkins alone.  The benefit of having Perkins is that he doesn't need help guarding Dwight.  Green while being a scorer isn't really an outside shooter either.  For the season he is I believe hitting only 28% of his 3's.  The knock on Green is that he doesn't shoot from the outside particularly well, doesn't play defense and is a mediocre rebounder.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1364 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
rondo and howard together..sarap foul netong dalawang to sa crunch time...siguradong may magmimintis...hehehe

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #1365 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:36 PM »
Bad trip! I've been devastated the whole day. Shocked and hurt! Why Ainge, Why!?
I love Perks! A real hard worker! He is vital to the Celtics.

When I watched the western playoffs last year OKC vs Lakers - I concluded that the weakest player in the OKC line up is Green! I hate that player - SABLAY YUN!!! Last game nya with OKC vs Spurs sya ang nagpatalo (ulit). He held on to the ball ayaw ipasa at tinira sa 3 - ayun syempre SABLAY! Talo! Di marunong mag shoot pero tira ng tira! Anak ng.....!!!!

Di ko matanggap nawala si Perkins. There goes banner 18 to the trash bin!

Btw, is Jeff Green related to AC Green?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1366 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
Actually Dwight was contained majority of the time primarily by Perkins alone.  The benefit of having Perkins is that he doesn't need help guarding Dwight.  Green while being a scorer isn't really an outside shooter either.  For the season he is I believe hitting only 28% of his 3's.  The knock on Green is that he doesn't shoot from the outside particularly well, doesn't play defense and is a mediocre rebounder.

Yeah.. In short he is lazy!  >:( Deeeeym!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011 at 09:44 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1367 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 10:02 PM »
Actually Dwight was contained majority of the time primarily by Perkins alone.  The benefit of having Perkins is that he doesn't need help guarding Dwight.  Green while being a scorer isn't really an outside shooter either.  For the season he is I believe hitting only 28% of his 3's.  The knock on Green is that he doesn't shoot from the outside particularly well, doesn't play defense and is a mediocre rebounder.
Yeah, Perkins did defend/contain Dwight most of the time, but the Celtics frontcourt depth (Sheed/Big Baby) helped him a lot whenever he got into foul trouble. His departure is indeed a big loss to the Celtics, but I don't think he deserves the 45-50mil extension he was apparently asking for.

As for Green, he's a 33% career shooter in the 3pt area. His 28% shooting is in actually in his rookie yr, in his sophomore yr, he shot a career best 38.9%. He has regressed this year, but he still has better range than Tony Allen. As for his rep. as a bad defender/poor rebounder, that probably stems from the fact that he is playing out of position in OKC. He might be better playing SF and matching up with smaller guys, and Boston's organized team defense might help him a lot. I remember that Pierce and Allen had bad reps on their defense abilities in the pre-Thibodeau(2007) era, so Green is not entirely hopeless yet. If he can fit in and play good team defense with rest of the Celtics, then it might be such a bad trade after all.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011 at 10:04 PM by rusty »

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1368 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 07:05 AM »
Another thing positive from this is that the Celts controlled where Perks winds up and eventually signs with... to a western conference team. Imagine if Perk were to walk out next summer and joins his long time friend Lebron in Miami, or join the Bulls, Orlando or Atlanta... that will give the C' more head aches. In OKC if he signs the extension the only way the could meet in the play offs is the finals.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1369 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM »
Being an unrestricted free agent though, Perk can still sign with an East contender.  But he will lose more money and an extra year on the contract.

I can see Miami making a run at Perkins.  They will sell him that Miami is a championship contender now more than the Thunder.  But the Heat at best can only offer what Boston can offer also.  By resigning with the Thunder...he can get an extra year or an extra 10M more or less.

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1370 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM »
Being an unrestricted free agent though, Perk can still sign with an East contender.  But he will lose more money and an extra year on the contract.

which I think he is not willing to do... because if that is the case he just would have signed the extension offered by the Celt's and not go through all this... he is saying if Noah is worth 60M and Chris Kaman 55M then he thinks he should be rewarded to with at least close to that amount since he is one of the top true centers in the league. Ainge has done this before when he let go of posey after their champiohsip run after asking for more money.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1371 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM »
lakers na magchachampion n naman...nataranta n lahat nagpalakas n ng ilalim un okc..un mavs naman walang kwenta sa playoffs..un spurs naman pag may nainjured na isang player wala na...ang dali sa west kumpara sa east..butas ng karayom...

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1372 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 06:22 AM »
GWallace to POR - good move for the Blazers.

Mukhang nag-iipon ng oft-injured players ang Portland  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 at 06:23 AM by X-Ran »

Offline bingo!

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1373 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 06:55 AM »
un blazers kahit nuong araw pa gusto nila powerhouse talaga sila... ;)
they are after the ticket sales..kahit walang chemistry un team..go go go!

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #1374 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 08:09 AM »
Heat and New York are on today right?

Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1375 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 09:04 AM »
lakers na magchachampion n naman...nataranta n lahat nagpalakas n ng ilalim un okc..un mavs naman walang kwenta sa playoffs..un spurs naman pag may nainjured na isang player wala na...ang dali sa west kumpara sa east..butas ng karayom...

I think in my opinion mas mahirap pa din ang playoff scene sa west though dahil sa mga trades humahabol na east sa competition. Sa east kasi sigurado na makakapasok yung mga top teams maybe yung 4 and 5 match up lang ang may chance na maka upset, especially kung makahabol NY sa 5th spot. Sa West baka 1st round palang may upset na and balance yung lakas ng mga teams.

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1376 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 09:38 AM »
Heat and New York are on today right?

Close game. End of 3rd, Heat-66 Knicks-65.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #1377 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
Yeah Baby!

Knicks take it 91-86!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1378 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
Close game. End of 3rd, Heat-66 Knicks-65.

91 86 NY!  What a classic.  Billups nailed the go ahead 3 point shot with 1 min to go.  Then NY applied perfect D on Lebron.  
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM by mattia »

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1379 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM »
A great comeback by the Knicks after losing to the lowly Cavs the other day.
Chauncey proved they have their own version of the Big 3.  ;)
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."