Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487305 times)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #1830 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:01 PM »
lupit ni gordon hayward kanina..pinahiya si kobe... :D

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1831 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:09 PM »
I believe that a Lakers - Mavs series is more favorable for the Lakers...

nbc

+1 on this.. will be a walk in the park for LA.

Much better if Thunder-Lakers para mas exciting  ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1832 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 09:51 AM »
so the Spurs will hold on to that no. 1 spot after all.. I'm excited about the possible 2nd round match-ups in both East and West.. if the standings now hold and if no upsets happen in the 1st round, it'll be Bulls-Magic, Celtics-Heat, Spurs-Thunder and Lakers-Mavs.. those are tough to call.. homecourt advantage will play a big role as early as the 2nd round..

Yup, looks like the playoff picture in the East is more or less set with these potential blockbuster match-ups in the second round.  I doubt if any of the lower seeds can pull off an upset.  Most entertaining will be MIA-NYK.  Hope again that it happens.

As for the West, I guess the top 4 seeds are pretty much a lock, pero baka ma-overtake pa ng OKC ang DAL.  In terms of first round upsets, DAL is a candidate for an early exit.  And whoever faces POR in the opening round will have a problem, IMO.

We deserve better.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1833 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 10:15 AM »
i think its still a toss up betwenn magic and hawks, ATL   imho can upset the magic

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1834 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 10:24 AM »
The 4 and 5 match-up in the West, for me, will be the tight one.. Denver is playing really great right now and either OKC or Dallas will find them hard to put away easily.. Dallas is on a slump again having lost 4 straight and if this goes on, they're heading for another early exit.. the Dallas downfall may also give way to a 2nd round rematch between LA and OKC..

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1835 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 10:59 AM »
the Dallas downfall may also give way to a 2nd round rematch between LA and OKC..

if dallas gets past the 1st round, they will face the Lakers-Portland winner.

meanwhile winner of OKC-DEN match will face SAS-MEM winner.

kaya ok na yung 2nd seed ng lakers para iwas denver or okc. hehe. hirap sila sa young and fast teams.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1836 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 11:02 AM »
LA is slumping right now.  Potentially a third straight loss today, and against lottery-bound GSW.  ???  Good thing that DAL is slumping as well.  They play LAC, PHX, HOU and NOR to end the season, while LA will face POR, OKC, SAS and SAC next.  Down-the-wire na naman...  OKC has an outside chance to sneak up on LA (DEN, LAL, SAC and MIL next), although one more LA win will wipe that out.  
We deserve better.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1837 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:01 PM »
if dallas gets past the 1st round, they will face the Lakers-Portland winner.

meanwhile winner of OKC-DEN match will face SAS-MEM winner.

kaya ok na yung 2nd seed ng lakers para iwas denver or okc. hehe. hirap sila sa young and fast teams.

but OKC is just a game behind Dallas now.. with Dallas on a slump, OKC has a chance to go up to 3rd.. Dallas has an easier schedule left than OKC but with the way they are playing now, I won't be surprised if they drop to 4th..

Offline jjames1881

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1838 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:37 PM »
but OKC is just a game behind Dallas now.. with Dallas on a slump, OKC has a chance to go up to 3rd.. Dallas has an easier schedule left than OKC but with the way they are playing now, I won't be surprised if they drop to 4th..

i hope so, para maganda and 2nd round, LA-OKC, SA-DAL (assuming that the top for teams make it past the 1st round).

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #1839 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:40 PM »
tanong lang what's the lowest seeded team ang nanalo ng championship?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1840 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
tanong lang what's the lowest seeded team ang nanalo ng championship?

Sixth seed Houston Rockets 94-95 season (as per mr google).

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #1841 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
Sixth seed Houston Rockets 94-95 season (as per mr google).

yan ba ung andun si olajuwon, horry, drexler?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1842 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
yan ba ung andun si olajuwon, horry, drexler?

yup.. 1st finals yata ni Shaq sa Orlando tapos na-sweep sila ng Rockets..

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1843 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 02:18 PM »
lupit ni gordon hayward kanina..pinahiya si kobe... :D

Certainly a franchise player in the making. Now that the Jazz are done with the Stockton-Malone Era and with Deron Williams already out of the picture, i'm sure the Jazz organization will be rebuilding around Gordon Hayward for the future.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1844 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
^ And Derrick Favors?  I think the Jazz also have a pretty solid frontcourt with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson to build around.  Yung backcourt, esp. the SG position, ang problema.  

BTW, John Stockton's son (David ata pangalan) is now also playing PG for his alma mater, Gonzaga.  Kaso marami pang bigas na kakainin 'to.  
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2011 at 06:59 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1845 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
^ And Derrick Favors?  I think the Jazz also have a pretty solid frontcourt with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson to build around.  Yung backcourt, esp. the SG position, and problema. 

BTW, John Stockton's son (David ata pangalan) is now also playing PG for his alma mater, Gonzaga.  Kaso marami pang bigas na kakainin 'to. 

its gonna be a long rebuilding process for the Jazz which for quite a very long time stuck with Jerry Sloan's PICK and ROLL style of play that made Malone-Stockton Hall of Famers.
they have to hire a new coach that can maximize the potentials of the players they want for their organization.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1846 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 09:21 AM »
nilampaso ng bulls ang  celtics!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1847 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 10:14 AM »
nilampaso ng bulls ang  celtics!

And top MVP candidate Rose took Rondo to school with killer crossover moves.  Hayup talaga ang Rose!  Ang lufeeet! 

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1848 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 10:32 AM »
It pains me to admit it, but I don't see this Celtics team beating the Bulls in the playoffs. Doc has no answer to Thibodeau's strategy against the Celtics, and I can't blame him. Thibs knows all the Celtics' plays like the back of his hand. Just look at how he neutralized the Celtics' offense tonight.

On the other hand, I don't see the Bulls beating the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1849 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 11:18 AM »
kawawa sa lakers tong bulls ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1850 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 12:31 PM »
It pains me to admit it, but I don't see this Celtics team beating the Bulls in the playoffs. Doc has no answer to Thibodeau's strategy against the Celtics, and I can't blame him. Thibs knows all the Celtics' plays like the back of his hand. Just look at how he neutralized the Celtics' offense tonight.

On the other hand, I don't see the Bulls beating the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.

so do u see a Lakers vs Bulls Finals?
i'm routing for the Bulls coz they deserve it and i like the Lakers and Phil Jackson to have a shot a threepeat w/c he always accomplish.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1851 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
so do u see a Lakers vs Bulls Finals?
i'm routing for the Bulls coz they deserve it and i like the Lakers and Phil Jackson to have a shot a threepeat w/c he always accomplish.

I'm still hoping for the Celtics to turn on that mythical "switch" like they did last year in the playoffs. I think the Celtics have a better shot than the Bulls in dethroning the Lakers. I just don't think the Lakers are a good matchup for the Bulls because of the Lakers' size advantage - something that the Celtics retooled for in the offseason by adding JO and Shaq.

That said, if the Celtics don't make the Finals, I'm rooting for the Bulls to win it all.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1852 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 02:03 PM »
miami heat may pinakamalaking tsansa na maksibak sa lakers sa finals.... ;D
kaso problema ng heat un celtics saka bulls....hehe

Offline mzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1853 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
miami heat may pinakamalaking tsansa na maksibak sa lakers sa finals.... ;D
kaso problema ng heat un celtics saka bulls....hehe

Not so sure about that. If the Bulls can't match up with the Lakers in size when they have Noah, Kurt Thomas and Carlos Boozer, what more for the Heat? They have Bosh, Joel Anthony and who else? Laker bigs are going to have a field day on the Heat frontcourt.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1854 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
I'm still hoping for the Celtics to turn on that mythical "switch" like they did last year in the playoffs. I think the Celtics have a better shot than the Bulls in dethroning the Lakers. I just don't think the Lakers are a good matchup for the Bulls because of the Lakers' size advantage - something that the Celtics retooled for in the offseason by adding JO and Shaq.

That said, if the Celtics don't make the Finals, I'm rooting for the Bulls to win it all.

The Bulls are in a different zone at this point.  AT THIS POINT.  Come playoffs, we all know how everything changes.  Ika nga e, it separates the men from the boys.  I love to see the Bulls play this way, all the way.  It would be an interesting rematch with the Lakers.  But kung baga sa karera ng kabayo, sino ang bibilugan mo sa dividendazo mo?  Syempre yun mga llamado like Boston Celtics.  IMO, the fitting trilogy of the Boston LA saga will still happen. 

So many possibilities 'eh?  And Commish Stern is just smiling from ear to ear.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #1855 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 03:44 PM »
I always wanted the Boston Celtics vs Lakers at the finals for their trilogy (winner takes all!).
Pero pag hindi makaabot ng finals Celtics (tsk, tsk, wow naman laglag Celtics ko), ayoko din umabot Lakers sa finals  ;D. Ayokong pumantay Lakers sa championship banner ng Celtics!

Parang ok din sa finals ang Bulls vs OKC (go Perkins!).

Sa 1st round playoffs magandang match up Miami Heat vs NY Knicks - gandang laban to! ;D
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1856 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 04:56 PM »
Sa 1st round playoffs magandang match up Miami Heat vs NY Knicks - gandang laban to! ;D

reminiscing the playoff match-up of Alonzo's Heat and Patrick Knicks

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1857 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 05:23 PM »
Not so sure about that. If the Bulls can't match up with the Lakers in size when they have Noah, Kurt Thomas and Carlos Boozer, what more for the Heat? They have Bosh, Joel Anthony and who else? Laker bigs are going to have a field day on the Heat frontcourt.

kaya pala di pa nalalaro lakers sa kanila...hehehe :D
lalo n pag naglaro p yun udonis...ilgauskas pa..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1858 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 05:46 PM »

i'm no Bulls fan but they way they are playing really amazes me w/c makes me believe that they are finally on the rise after the JORDAN ERA.
They just win my heart so now, i'm cheering for them becoz they truly deserve it.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1859 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 06:41 PM »
kaya pala di pa nalalaro lakers sa kanila...hehehe :D
lalo n pag naglaro p yun udonis...ilgauskas pa..

well you cant really base results ng regular season sa post season. magkaiba ang 7 games series. and that's assuming the heat can reach the finals. hehe.

remember the 09' season. the lakers were swept by the magic in the regular season and yet what happened in the finals.