Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487567 times)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #1860 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 07:20 PM »
ganun kagaling ang lakers..kaya kung mamumusta ako...id take my chances dun sa frontline ng heat kesa sa frontline ng bulls kontra lakers...bosh,Z,anthony and ,udonis kesa dun sa boozer,noah,thomas,asik... ;D

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1861 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:35 AM »
well you cant really base results ng regular season sa post season. magkaiba ang 7 games series. and that's assuming the heat can reach the finals. hehe.

remember the 09' season. the lakers were swept by the magic in the regular season and yet what happened in the finals.

this is true since East-based teams only meet West-based teams twice in a regular season so it can't really be an indication that one team can beat the other team in the Finals.

although ang main factor dito sa match-up nung Lakers-Magic Finals was the Magic's Finals experience especially with Dwight Howard. malaking bagay 'to and is the reason why the Lakers were able to beat the Magic.

sa case naman ng Miami, two out of their three big three already have reached the Finals and one of them even won it all and we all know who that is. size is also not a factor here. the Miami bigs can match up well against the Lakers defensively. only factor na lang dito kung sakali man Miami-LA magmeet sa finals is yung bench players ng Heat and si Chris Bosh.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1862 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:52 AM »
saka malaki problema ng lakers kay lebron kahit nuong araw pa.... ;Dtoo big ( for kobe ) ,too strong ( for barnes ) ,too fast ( for artest ) and too good ( for walton )..hahahaha ;D

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #1863 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
I've watched just about all Kobe-LeBron games since 2003, as I'm a fan of both players. And two things have been constant:

1. Kobe shoots a lot more FGAs against LeBron teams, and makes a lower %.

Over the last 4 games, Kobe is 9.25 FGM 25.25 FGA. His average: 9 FGM 19.9 FGA.
He seems to go into hero-ball more often against LeBron teams (and against the Celtics, but that's another story).

2. Pau has had difficulty being defended by Big Z. Unbelievable unless you've watched it. Pau usually beats other big men through his spins and moves and then shoots over them. Z takes away some of Pau's air space on his shot and Pau has to arc it more, kaya madalas kapos.

Over the last 4 games against Z: Pau 44%FG vs his average of 53%.

Over those 4 games, in terms of +/-: Kobe -43, Pau -35

If LAL and MIA do meet in the Finals (I doubt it, I don't think the Heat will be East champs), it will be Odom and Bynum that should be the deciding factors.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2011 at 08:06 AM by DaSilva »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1864 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
not to mention dwade.... ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1865 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM »
saka malaki problema ng lakers kay lebron kahit nuong araw pa.... ;Dtoo big ( for kobe ) ,too strong ( for barnes ) ,too fast ( for artest ) and too good ( for walton )..hahahaha ;D

James chokes during crunch time and he's still not in the mold of a Jordan or a Bryant who's almost always at their best during crunch time.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1866 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 04:32 AM »
The truth about Kobe Bryant in crunch time (Click the link for that controversial study on that subject)

But never mind that. On more pressing news, what the hell has gone wrong with the Lakers? Now they have the Mavs only a game behind, and Boston and Miami have both caught them in the wins column. LAL now has to win the Finals, and the West Finals, on the road.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 at 04:49 AM by DaSilva »

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1867 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 05:09 AM »
Too big, too strong, too fast and too good...

This is D. Rose's tagline....
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 at 05:14 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1868 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 08:44 AM »
The truth about Kobe Bryant in crunch time (Click the link for that controversial study on that subject)

But never mind that. On more pressing news, what the hell has gone wrong with the Lakers? Now they have the Mavs only a game behind, and Boston and Miami have both caught them in the wins column. LAL now has to win the Finals, and the West Finals, on the road.

i doesnt really matter. better lose now and regroup goin into the playoffs when it really matter most.
i'm sure the Lakers will be at their best come playoff time.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1869 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 03:52 PM »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1870 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 08:11 PM »

kung sa talent malaki ang problema nang kahit anong team kay lebron kase talagang talented na player pero kung sa dibdib, sa diskarte sa laro, sa ugali sa loob ng court, sa tibay ng dibdib when the game is on the line, plagay ko ang katapat nitog si james eh si cris webber, parehong pareho sila, magaling lang when the game does not matter
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #1871 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 05:35 AM »
LA has been in the finals for three straight years already with essentially the same core. They know how to win and when to win. They have the personnel and the best coaching staff in the league led by a guy who won 11 rings.  Right now nobody can match up with the Lakers in terms of length and size plus they upgraded their "angas and intimidation" factor by getting Artest and Barnes. If they were able to win it all last year against Boston with no homecourt advantage (they lost Game 2 of the series) then I dont think HCA will matter to them this year as well.  The only weakness of LA is in the PG position but we all know what the Fish can do when the games matter the most....

With Miami the big three has to come up with at least 75 points and up each game to win. When one of the big three has a bad game thats it for them because nobody can take up the slack unlike LA who has a hidden ace in the 15-15-5/per  night in Odom. They cant count on Miller, Haslem, Ilgauskas etc.  The coaching staff of LA will not let those 3 erupt for 75 and up every game. They will disable just one of the big three and they let the other two try to score the 75 points which is unrealistic in a 7 game series. Bosh will likely be the man that LA will neutralize.

Have you seen how Bynum blitzed Beasley? how Fisher decked the 7 footer Cris Kaman with a flagrant 2 to fight a screen? How Barnes single handedly called out the entire Dallas Team to a fight because Blake was shoved? Wala pa yung a la Hannibal Lecter personality ni Artest dyan. That all happened within the span of a month and a half after the All Star Break. Subtle messages yan to everybody who will stand on their way to another ring. Do you think Bosh has the toughness to deal with all of that? Would Le Bron drive to the basket with impunity knowing that at any given time he will be blitzed by a 7 footer?  Would Wade, the only ring bearer among the three who faced a much softer Dallas team en route to a ring remain focused to the game plan while facing an Artest/Barnes combo all night in a 7 game series?

Toughness was the main issue three years ago with LA. They were one of the finesse teams. Now its a totally different story.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 05:40 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1872 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 08:08 AM »
Marami tayong hindi bilib kay Melo, but let's give credit where it's due. Anthony has the highest percentage of all players in game-winning shots, and today against the Pacers he did it again.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1873 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
With Miami the big three has to come up with at least 75 points and up each game to win. When one of the big three has a bad game thats it for them because nobody can take up the slack unlike LA who has a hidden ace in the 15-15-5/per  night in Odom. They cant count on Miller, Haslem, Ilgauskas etc.  The coaching staff of LA will not let those 3 erupt for 75 and up every game. They will disable just one of the big three and they let the other two try to score the 75 points which is unrealistic in a 7 game series. Bosh will likely be the man that LA will neutralize.

i'm afraid you're wrong in this, sir. the Miami Heat actually only has 30 games with the big three scoring in 75 points or more in a game. so that leaves 40+ games that the Heat big three have not scored 75 points or more.

Good example is their win today against the Boston Celtics. they've won 100-77 and guess what's the score of the big three? LBJ - 27, DWade - 14, and CBosh - 13 for a total of only 54 points. they don't only win using offense but they can also win on defense. Boston's big three even scored more than Miami's with 58 points but what they did is they stopped Rondo's production. they held him to only 7 points and 5 assists.

the key also for Miami is not just for the big three to score 70+ points per game but getting their team mates involved in the game. in their game against the Celtics, all of their players has made a field goal. whenever their bench players joins the party they usually win.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 10:03 AM by leomarley »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1874 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 10:33 AM »
LA loses another game - is it 5 in a row now?  They're now tied with DAL at 55-25, with two games to go.  OKC is just a game behind.  I think LA can even drop to the 4th seed if they lose their remaining games, and DAL and OKC each win their last two.  Not the way you'd like to end the season.  

Interesting to see what will happen in the final week of the season.  
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 12:16 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1875 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM »
i'm afraid you're wrong in this, sir. the Miami Heat actually only has 30 games with the big three scoring in 75 points or more in a game. so that leaves 40+ games that the Heat big three have not scored 75 points or more.

But how many of these 40 games did the heat win or lose? On the other hand I agree that the bench production of miami, actually the scoring outside the big 3 will determine how far they will go in the playoffs.

Let us remember in a 7 game series defensive and offensive adjustments are done quickly, and a key to a coach to overcome these adjustments is for his bench to play well so the superstars will get their respite from their offensive duties and the defense that they encounter every game.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1876 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 01:06 PM »
But how many of these 40 games did the heat win or lose? On the other hand I agree that the bench production of miami, actually the scoring outside the big 3 will determine how far they will go in the playoffs.

well, if we assume that the 30 games that the big three scored 75+ points or more resulted in a win, it still leaves 26 games that the Heat have won wherein the three headed monster have not scored mored than 75 points. that's still almost half of the games that they've won. so to stop one of the big three is still not an assurance for any team. what they have to do is limit the production of one of the big three and also the bench and they still have to go through the Miami Heat's defense which, most people doesn't realize, is one of the best team defense in the league.

same goes for the Miami Heat. the big three scoring 75+ points of more in a game does not assure them of a win. as far as i know, marami rin silang games na natalo where these players scored more than 75 points.

I'm not counting out the Lakers also. these are two of my favorite teams in the league. hope they would meet in the Finals. two of the most hated teams in the NBA. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 01:12 PM by leomarley »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #1877 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 01:34 PM »

this was done in the regular season. all of these have no bearing when the playoffs are here.  iba ang motivation ng lahat ng teams sa playoffs and much more sa finals.

Miami as a team have ZERO playoff experience as a core vs approximately 60 playoff games plus around 18 finals games  for the current core of LA.  Iba pa rin yung been there and done that sort of experience. the only thing that would stop LA would be their hunger to win another title...or the lack of it since they have been on the top of the hill twice in a row already and have nothing to prove anymore. Sana nga LA-Miami sa finals. The TV networks would have a cash cow if those two meet not to mention the smile on David Stern's face  ;D grabe na naman ang pustahan sa opisina namin pag yang dalawa ang nagkita sa finals.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 01:38 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1878 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 03:20 PM »
this was done in the regular season. all of these have no bearing when the playoffs are here.  iba ang motivation ng lahat ng teams sa playoffs and much more sa finals.

the only thing that would stop LA would be their hunger to win another title...or the lack of it since they have been on the top of the hill twice in a row already and have nothing to prove anymore.

As Bill Russel has said it... if you are a real competitor no matter how many championships you won the hunger will always be there. You can't disagree with guy as he won 11 rings including 8 straight titles.

So if the Lakers are beaten in the playoffs or in the finals I dont think it was for lack of motivation and no longer proving one's self, I dont think this will ever be their mindset not with the MAMBA around.

Kung ako player ng LA the mere fact na I can catch up with the Celt's 18 titles if they win it this year and possibly overtake them as the winningest franchise in NBA history with the next one, is motivation enough for me to win it, kasi if that does not motivate you i honestly don't know what will...

IMHO the Lakers will be beaten IF EVER and that is a big IF EVER hehe because for the simple fact that 1 team played better than themselves in a 7 game series. Yun lang, hindi naman mga Superman lahat yan para sabihin natin na natalo lang sila kasi nawalan na sila ng gana na mag compete at manalo  ;).

opinion ko lang naman po yun...
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 03:37 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1879 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
As Bill Russel has said it... if you are a real competitor no matter how many championships you won the hunger will always be there. You can't disagree with guy as he won 11 rings including 8 straight titles.

So if the Lakers are beaten in the playoffs or in the finals I dont think it was for lack of motivation and no longer proving one's self, I dont think this will ever be their mindset not with the MAMBA around.

Kung ako player ng LA the mere fact na I can catch up with the Celt's 18 titles if they win it this year and possibly overtake them as the winningest franchise in NBA history with the next one, is motivation enough for me to win it, kasi if that does not motivate you i honestly don't know what will...

IMHO the Lakers will be beaten IF EVER and that is a big IF EVER hehe because for the simple fact that 1 team played better than themselves in a 7 game series. Yun lang, hindi naman mga Superman lahat yan para sabihin natin na natalo lang sila kasi nawalan na sila ng gana na mag compete at manalo  ;).

opinion ko lang naman po yun...

Agree ;D  I think Kobe will always want to compete and be a winner.  And if ever LA loses, it's not because they lost the drive to win but because other teams are getting better and better.  As I said before, LA's lineup now is far better than last year's but the other teams' lineup also vastly improved.  Did you see how OKC whupped LA's butts earlier?  What a game by OKC! 

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1880 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
Spurs vs. Bulls for #1

If the two teams are tied at the end of the season, the first two tiebreakers would be null as the season series is tied at one game apiece and the Spurs and Bulls have equal records against the  opposite conference. That would mean that homecourt advantage would then be determined on the third tiebreaker — a random drawing.

Wow, Random Drawing?

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1881 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:59 AM »
miami wins again! ;D

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1882 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:39 AM »
Playoff picture is seT already in the east:

1. Bulls vs. 8. Pacers
2. Miami vs. 7. Phi
3. Boston vs. 6. NY
4. Magic vs. Hawks

Series to look for: Magic and Hawks along with the 3 vs 6 match up of the Celts and Knicks will be interesting. I think miami and Bulls will have an easier time with their match ups, though the Sixers will give up a fight.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1883 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:45 AM »
I was hoping for a MIA-NYK match-up.  >:(  I think PHI, regardless of how much they improved this season, will not be able to defend MIA's Big 3.  BOS-NYK is interesting, but I still think BOS will advance.

Still don't see a potential first round upset based on these match-ups in the East, IMHO.
We deserve better.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1884 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:46 AM »
The injury plagued Celtics are due for an early exit. if they pass thru the Knicks, they wont pass thru Miami so my fearless forecast:
MIAMI vs CHICAGO for the Eastern Conference Finals.
LA vs San Antonio for the Western Conference Finals.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1885 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM »
The injury plagued Celtics are due for an early exit.

While this may be a possibility since the Knicks are also a strong team, Boston like the Lakers no matter the odds will still be a strong opponent come play off time, no matter the home court advantage or the team they face.

Just look at last year when everybody wrote them off then the next thing we know they were back in the finals. Though I agree, injury ridden the whole season and possibly the playoffs will have an effect. As a Boston fan through and through I am just trying to enjoy everything that they went through this season and if they suddenly click it again like last year it will be better for us fans if not, then better luck next season.

Honestly, I am enjoying right now the fight for positioning in the West's 2, 3 and 4 seed make the last few days of the regular season still interesting... With today's results Dallas is 56-25, Lakers 55-25 and OKC 55-26. Remaining games Dallas has the Hornets, Lakers will have the Spurs and Kings while OKC has the Bucks.

Anybody know the tie breaker scenario for these teams?
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1886 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, LA enjoys the tiebreaker advantage, whether they end up sharing the same record with DAL and/or OKC. If it's DAL and OKC who will end up tied, it's OKC who will be seeded higher. If LA wants to be seeded second, it's entirely in their hands - they need to win the last two games for 57 wins.
We deserve better.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1887 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM »
Go Philly! woohoo  ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1888 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM »
While this may be a possibility since the Knicks are also a strong team, Boston like the Lakers no matter the odds will still be a strong opponent come play off time, no matter the home court advantage or the team they face.

Just look at last year when everybody wrote them off then the next thing we know they were back in the finals. Though I agree, injury ridden the whole season and possibly the playoffs will have an effect. As a Boston fan through and through I am just trying to enjoy everything that they went through this season and if they suddenly click it again like last year it will be better for us fans if not, then better luck next season.

Honestly, I am enjoying right now the fight for positioning in the West's 2, 3 and 4 seed make the last few days of the regular season still interesting... With today's results Dallas is 56-25, Lakers 55-25 and OKC 55-26. Remaining games Dallas has the Hornets, Lakers will have the Spurs and Kings while OKC has the Bucks.

Anybody know the tie breaker scenario for these teams?

Key to the Celtics resurgence will be RONDO, he has to spear head the attack to get the BIG THREE into the groove if they want to oust the KNICKS in the first round before they get to collide with MIAMI in the 2nd round.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1889 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:17 PM »
Key to the Celtics resurgence will be RONDO, he has to spear head the attack to get the BIG THREE into the groove if they want to oust the KNICKS in the first round before they get to collide with MIAMI in the 2nd round.

problem kasi kay Rondo hindi madevelop yung outside shooting nya kaya madali bantayan pag nasa labas. you don't have to guard him tightly pag nasa perimeter sya and all you have to do is close down his driving lane. ganito ginawa ng Heat kay Rondo kaya ang baba ng production nya nung game na yun.