Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 488666 times)

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #2130 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM »
yan ang difference with Rondo, Rajon can have a bad offensive game but can be a factor int he game.  

Yup that is what makes him rare... seldom are the players who may not score big but their imprints are all over the game and makes their team win... I can think of a few... Rodman, Rondo, Ben Wallace and J Kidd.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 902
« Reply #2131 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
If CP3 has a normal NBA type of game then NO has no chance at all in beating the Lakers.  He has to have ridiculous numbers in order for them to win. The two wins that they had was a showcase of his talent.

NY should beg, borrow or steal the money in order to pry away CP3. a LOT of other teams are watching him right now salivating at the fact of adding him to their 2011-2012 roster.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2132 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM »
If CP3 has a normal NBA type of game then NO has no chance at all in beating the Lakers.  He has to have ridiculous numbers in order for them to win. The two wins that they had was a showcase of his talent.

NY should beg, borrow or steal the money in order to pry away CP3. a LOT of other teams are watching him right now salivating at the fact of adding him to their 2011-2012 roster.

Actually, if CP3 has a normal type of game, NO would not even make the brutal western playoffs..  Rockets, Suns, Jazz has a better line-up (if without CP3)..

The Pats way...

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2133 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 01:11 PM »

As if CP3 is saying... Look what I can do with this team... Imagine what I can do with yours....

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2134 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 01:15 PM »
As if CP3 is saying... Look what I can do with this team... Imagine what I can do with yours....

regret should go to ATL for choosing Marvin Williams over CP3 years ago.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2135 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 02:05 PM »
Lamar Odom sadly is the missing link in LA's game today...The first-5 had a great game...bench support was minimal...I think it will be 4-2 Lakers in Game 6 :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #2136 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 03:00 PM »
For Knicks, at least they made the playoffs after ilang years din.. la pang chemistry, maybe next year for Melo and Amare,..

good bye D' Antoni na to.. sino kya papalit? Hoping for Jerry Sloan! ;D

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 902
« Reply #2137 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
yup I think D'Antoni would be sacked.....together with Van Gundy if Orlando does not recover.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2138 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 03:58 PM »
si adelman bagay sa knicks..

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2139 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
yup I think D'Antoni would be sacked.....together with Van Gundy if Orlando does not recover.

haha.. yup, kawawa nman magic... kunin n lang nila si norman black baka makahabol pa sila sa series...

Offline jjames1881

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2140 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 04:38 PM »
any coach who can teach amare and melo to play defense would be a good fit.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2141 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 05:59 PM »
si adelman bagay sa knicks..

i agree. mas bagay si Adelman sa NY compared kay Jerry Sloan. the Lakers should get Jerry Sloan if it is indeed Phil Jackson's last season.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2142 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 07:03 PM »
yun suwapang ni phil jaxson na yun magreretire?...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2143 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 07:11 PM »

What defense do u expect from Amare? D Antonio has always been coach of Amare for years in Phoenix and now at New York thats why he's a poor shot blocker despite of his height and leaping ability.

Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2144 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 07:16 PM »
kung dekada nobenta naglaro si amare...kaya niya kaya?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2145 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 08:14 PM »

agree and anyone who can make these two superstars slug it out when the going gets tough, slug it out not shoot the ball only.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2146 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 08:23 PM »
kung si nash kaya pg ng knicks...

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2147 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 08:45 PM »

the steve nash when he was mvp would be great :)

for the knicks, maybe they can go after deron williams if CP3 option is not done.

the knicks should hire jerry sloan as head coach

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2148 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 08:46 PM »

Phoenix Suns all over again? no, thanks. pwede siguro kung ibang coach.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2149 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 08:55 PM »
I may be in the minority here, but I don't Antoni think should be sacked just yet. Not that the idea of sacking him is imminent, but I don't think they should replace him unless they get someone like Sloan (highly unlikely) or Phil Jax (not even remotely possible). And Adelman isn't exactly a defensive ace either. A team should only replace their coach if the team has nowhere to go but down. The Knicks actually has a very bright future.

And in fairness to Antoni, aside from having a lineup that looks good on paper(and the NY media hype), they weren't exactly expected to win against the Celts. Here's some very obvious reasons:

*The Knicks were battling the reigning Eastern Champs without Billups and was forced to rely on Douglas who is only a PG in disguise. Additionally, Melo has actually never made it to the 2nd Rnd without Chauncey.
*I don't recall any recent team who had any postseason success after such a drastic midseason change in their lineup.
*The Knicks has the weakest frontcourt among all the playoff teams in the east. They gave up so many assets in the Melo trade that they didn't get a chance to address their lack of size and toughness.

ETA, people knock Amare's defensive deficiencies all the time, but he's actually an excellent weak side shot blocker. He was 6th and 7th in shot blocking in 07-08 and 10-11 respectively. He's pretty good when he's motivated. What they're lacking is those goon-type players (think Reggie Evans, Foster etc.) who can mask some of Amare's limitations in rebounding and overall toughness. They could easily address that need next year.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2150 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:21 PM »
laking bagay nun injury ni billups...kitang kita naman dun sa game 1 na pumapalag talaga knicks vs celts..kaso talagang expect the unexpected sa nba... ;D

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2151 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:23 PM »
And in fairness to Antoni, aside from having a lineup that looks good on paper(and the NY media hype), they weren't exactly expected to win against the Celts.

Yes this may be true but they were expected to compete and least win some games and not get swept

*I don't recall any recent team who had any postseason success after such a drastic midseason change in their lineup.

Can you recall a team named Lakers when they got Gasol in a mid season trade, they did fine...

He's pretty good when he's motivated.

You actually mentioned what the probelm is... how do you motivate that kind of a player... motivation for great players comes from within.... the mere fact your staring at elimination at your own floor should motivate you enough... if you watched the game when the Celtics were leading already by more than 10 you can see na tamad na tamad siya pero nung umpisa saka nung humahabol na sila ang tikas....

You are saying about injuries, NOLA is without their 2nd best player in west, their front courtis also not that deep and CP3 has a thumb injury and had stitches and yet they are competing with the champ Lakers and tied the series...

IMHO, you want to know how bad the Knicks competed in the series... I am a hard core celtics fan and even me nabwiset beacuse we swept the series... imagine... ???

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2152 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
the trade for Gasol can't be compared to the Knicks' mid-season trade.. the Lakers didn't lose anyone significant in that trade.. on the other hand, the Knicks practically lost their starting line-up..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2153 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
Yes this may be true but they were expected to compete and least win some games and not get swept

Can you recall a team named Lakers when they got Gasol in a mid season trade, they did fine...

You actually mentioned what the probelm is... how do you motivate that kind of a player... motivation for great players comes from within.... the mere fact your staring at elimination at your own floor should motivate you enough... if you watched the game when the Celtics were leading already by more than 10 you can see na tamad na tamad siya pero nung umpisa saka nung humahabol na sila ang tikas....

You are saying about injuries, NOLA is without their 2nd best player in west, their front courtis also not that deep and CP3 has a thumb injury and had stitches and yet they are competing with the champ Lakers and tied the series...

IMHO, you want to know how bad the Knicks competed in the series... I am a hard core celtics fan and even me nabwiset beacuse we swept the series... imagine... ???

im sure everyone agrees we are just exchaging objective observations here but like what brader wacks said, what other motivation can we think about to motivate Amare, He is very new with the Ny and this could have prompted him to do more than what he is doing, him being branded as too soft of a player is a great motivation too, when he was with the Suns, he was surrounded with other great players but they keep falling short becasue of the inability of amare to slug it out wiht the big boys of the other team. I couldnt recall seeing amare playing with his back to the basket that much, he plays more of a 4 than 5 eventhough he should play bigger than how he does, weakside help is how it is, weakside, i would feel very happy if my PG get to block shots coming from the weakside, or my PF doing weakside help and stealing the ball but a center doing weakside help only, that is token defense to my opinion, i couldnt recall any player known only for his great offensive skills winning a championship, kobe has been a ball hog but i believe plays good defense too, dennis rodman has not been known as an offensice player but has always been admired and has been hugely contributing to the cause of his team with his intense defense.

i dont think amare and/or anhtony will retire with a ring unless they agree to be second fiddle to some other superstar, karl and stockton retired wihtout a ring but it seems its just not meant to be but both players really fight it out ang slug it out day in and day out when they were playing and so is charles barkley( did he win ring? think he did not too).

why dont dont amare, lebron and anthony consider joinning the same team next year, if they win the championship, then the long standing cliche of Defense winning championship will finally be proven wrong.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2154 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
Yeah, they showed a disappointing lack of heart. But I probably was the only one who felt that they weren't gonna do very well in the series in the 1st place. When Billups went down I wasn't expecting them to do any better.

I was talking about a major lineup change. The Knicks traded 3 rotation players (4  if you count Timofey) in the midseason as compared to the Lakers who was gifted a superstar for a scrub who was barely cracking the rotation until Bynum got injured.

Yeah it's pretty hard to teach motivation. Amare's shot blocking went down from career high 2.1 in 07-08 to 1.0 the following year presumably because he felt slighted by all the trade rumors. It's really hard to motivate/teach these NBA millionaires. Sometimes the best thing a franchise can do build around their weaknesses.

IMHO, you want to know how bad the Knicks competed in the series... I am a hard core celtics fan and even me nabwiset beacuse we swept the series... imagine... Huh
It helps to lower your expectations sometimes. :) You should just be glad that your favorite team won without a hitch.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2155 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
Amare and Melo needs more time to gel  but for me, to win the east they need a defensive guard (not a scorer) like Affialo, Heinrich or maybe Devin Harris.. Billups is ageing and EC has the best guards -  Rondo, Rose, Wade, Arenas, Dwill, Crawford...

imho, Can't compare Lakers / Gasol trade to NYC's Carmelo because Lakers was already a strong team during the trade.. and  Knicks lost their key players when they acquired melo..
The Pats way...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2156 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
why dont dont amare, lebron and anthony consider joinning the same team next year, if they win the championship, then the long standing cliche of Defense winning championship will finally be proven wrong.

come on enough with the lebron hate. yes, I'm a Heat fan but more because of Wade (actually a long time Heat fan since the era of Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle). actually, i too don't like lebron that much but he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this statement since he actually is a very good defensive player. he may be a choker but a bad defender he isn't. far from it.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM by leomarley »

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2157 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 11:22 PM »

yup! this would be great! ;D I heard he is asking to be traded..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2158 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM »
come on enough with the lebron hate. yes, I'm a Heat fan but more because of Wade (actually a long time Heat fan since the era of Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle). actually, i too don't like lebron that much but he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this statement since he actually is a very good defensive player. he may be a choker but a bad defender he isn't. far from it.

not hate sir, we all have different views of how we see players,i dont ,like james yes but its not the same as I hate him, i just feel he, anthony and amare just have the same thing in mind when they play and that is not being agressive and tough when it matters most, if a star player is like that, I view them as not defense oriented again my opinion only.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2159 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 12:55 AM »
I don't think LBJ is a choker.. far from it... check his stats... malas lang talaga sa last shot...