Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487307 times)

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #2160 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 05:42 AM »
Miami na mag-chachampion this year! Nuff said!  ;D

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2161 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 06:05 AM »
Miami na mag-chachampion this year! Nuff said!  ;D

Abay wag Nuff said sir hitman... kasi baka i close ni mods itong thread kasi wala na tayo masabi hehe.

Even as I am a Boston fan I know Miami is going to be tough with Wade and Lebron there, but as a basketball fan I am delighted that this match up will take place because i know it will be a very good series.

IMO, you never lower your expectations on your opponents whether in basketball or in other facets of life, its what keeps you striving to excel. And as great players would say its more natural to feel a bit nervous because that just means you are still alive and you care about accomplishing your goals. I am sure, every single true fan of any team whether they admit it or not feels the same... because if not you are not a real fan of the team just a fan of winning... just my opinion po...

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2162 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 06:47 AM »
maganda nga tong celtics-heat..kaso may sixers pa nakaharang... ;D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2163 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 07:25 AM »
IMO, you never lower your expectations on your opponents whether in basketball or in other facets of life, its what keeps you striving to excel. And as great players would say its more natural to feel a bit nervous because that just means you are still alive and you care about accomplishing your goals. I am sure, every single true fan of any team whether they admit it or not feels the same... because if not you are not a real fan of the team just a fan of winning... just my opinion po...
As a long time Warriors fan, I'd say that lowering one's  expectations is essential to my fandom(and life).:D It's the difference between being idealistic and realistic. I love them with all my heart but it doesn't mean that I'm not critical of them or want them to strive to excel. I just have realistic expectations that's all. I don't expect them to win the championship next year (although I want them too). See, I'm being realistic as opposed to idealistic about it.

Not a true fan and only a fan of winning? I've stuck by the Warriors throughout their decade+ long bout of incompetence and bad luck.  I've seen them draft Todd Fuller over Bryant just because they wanted a clean cut white guy after the Sprewell choking incident. I've seen them end up with the 3rd pick after tanking their last season and ending up with Dunleavy instead of Yao of Jay Williams(who?). I've seen management not having enough cap space to re-sign Arenas the year he broke out just because they were overpaying the likes of Fortson, Foyle and Dampier. I've seen and cheered for them live when I lived in the Bay Area for Chrissakes. And somehow I'm still not a true fan only a fan of winning?
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:12 AM by rusty »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2164 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 07:44 AM »
Abay wag Nuff said sir hitman... kasi baka i close ni mods itong thread kasi wala na tayo masabi hehe.

Even as I am a Boston fan I know Miami is going to be tough with Wade and Lebron there, but as a basketball fan I am delighted that this match up will take place because i know it will be a very good series.

LBJ and WADE a tough combination. Perhaps thats the reason why Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers has to sacrifice a BIG man in Perkins and trade him for Jeff Green. They know that they have to toughen their 2 - 3 spots after the departure of Tony Allen to the Grizzlies. With Allen and Pierce spear heading those positions to match up with WADE and LBJ, they will have the luxury of Green coming off the bench to fill those spots should any of the 2 starters wear down. They probably figured out that a stable Kevin Garnett, a very aggressive undersized center in Davis, Troy Murphy, Kristic, plus the two OLD O'Neals can already fill up the position vacated by Perkins in this year's campaign.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2165 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
As a long time Warriors fan, I'd say that lowering one's  expectations is essential to my fandom(and life).:D It's the difference between being idealistic and realistic. I love them with all my heart but it doesn't mean that I'm not critical of them or want them to strive to excel. I just have realistic expectations that's all. I don't expect them to win the championship next year (although I want them too). See, I'm being realistic as opposed to idealistic about it.

Not a true fan and only a fan of winning? I've stuck by the Warriors throughout their decade+ long bout of incompetence and bad luck.  I've seen them draft Todd Fuller over Bryant just because they wanted a clean cut white guy after the Sprewell choking incident. I've seen them end up with the 3rd pick after tanking their last season and ending up with Dunleavy instead of Yao of Jay Williams(who?). I've seen management not having enough cap space to re-sign Arenas the year he broke out just because they were overpaying the likes of Fortson, Foyle and Dampier. I've seem and cheered for them live when I lived in the Bay Area for Chrissakes. And somehow I'm still not a true fan only a fan of winning?

Oooh Warriors, I always remember the Webber days, used to have his Jersey..  I enjoy watching their 2 guards now, I think they have improved a lot this year.. a playoffs dark horse next year..
The Pats way...

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2166 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
Oooh Warriors, I always remember the Webber days, used to have his Jersey..  I enjoy watching their 2 guards now, I think they have improved a lot this year.. a playoffs dark horse next year..
Medyo bata pa ata ko nung C-Webb era. Around that time, maka-Shawn Kemp pa ata ako.  :D Late 90's na ata ako nagsimulang maging fan ng Warriors.

They were actually doing pretty well (7-2, i think) before David Lee was bothered with an elbow infection. Hopefully, they can add a few key pieces in the offseason and make a decent playoff run.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #2167 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:34 AM »
mukhang magiging 3-1 na ang memphis-san antonio
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #2168 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:46 AM »
Talo SA dyan.  :-[ Can they make history or this is the last play off of the Big Three in San Antonio?

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2169 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
havent seen spurs vs grizzlies games yet,but i believe the spurs can still win the series.gut feel lang

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2170 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 09:04 AM »

Not a true fan and only a fan of winning? I've stuck by the Warriors throughout their decade+ long bout of incompetence and bad luck.  I've seen them draft Todd Fuller over Bryant just because they wanted a clean cut white guy after the Sprewell choking incident. I've seen them end up with the 3rd pick after tanking their last season and ending up with Dunleavy instead of Yao of Jay Williams(who?). I've seen management not having enough cap space to re-sign Arenas the year he broke out just because they were overpaying the likes of Fortson, Foyle and Dampier. I've seen and cheered for them live when I lived in the Bay Area for Chrissakes. And somehow I'm still not a true fan only a fan of winning?

Sir, i think you got my post wrong, i said you do not lower your expectations on your opponents.... not at your own team of course since lahat naman ng team natin dumaan sa bad seasons so its right to be realistic about them and their chances, i alos stuck by Boston during their low years so I know the feeling... opponents po sinasabi ko.

Plus I never said that my 2nd quoate was about you sir, di ko alam kung bakit mo naisip na this was for you...It was an opinion being a basketball fan and being someone who played competetive basketball also as a whole and not directed towards you. na its ok to be nervous about your team, since you care about them. no matter how much ko basahin yung quote ko I cant find anything in my post that I categorically stated na you were not a true fan. pasensiya na po if ganun ang naging dating sa inyo,,,
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2171 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 09:41 AM »

Sir, i think you got my post wrong, i said you do not lower your expectations on your opponents.... not at your own team of course since lahat naman ng team natin dumaan sa bad seasons so its right to be realistic about them and their chances, i alos stuck by Boston during their low years so I know the feeling... opponents po sinasabi ko.

Plus I never said that my 2nd quoate was about you sir, di ko alam kung bakit mo naisip na this was for you...It was an opinion being a basketball fan and being someone who played competetive basketball also as a whole and not directed towards you. na its ok to be nervous about your team, since you care about them. no matter how much ko basahin yung quote ko I cant find anything in my post that I categorically stated na you were not a true fan. pasensiya na po if ganun ang naging dating sa inyo,,,

Oh okay, I guess I misunderstood you a bit. No harm done, I guess my bi-annual Warriors frustration rant is a bit overdue.  ;D

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2172 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM »
Oh okay, I guess I misunderstood you a bit. No harm done, I guess my bi-annual Warriors frustration rant is a bit overdue.  ;D

hehe I understand sir... ganyan din ako ;)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2173 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM »
bihira ang warriors fan...lalo na kung 90's era..
run TMC..hehehe... ;D

usually pag 90's bulls lang eh...hehehe...

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2174 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM »
hah,no collapse from the mavs this time.GO MAVS!

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2175 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
re: D'Antoni, if he is not sacked after this, i hope he choose a good defensive asst coach, im sure mike brown is not doing anything as of the moment, he was the defensive guru for the spurs before he took the cleveland job.

billups will have one more year with the knicks, i think the knicks has the player option.

dwight howard imho will bolt out of orlando, sino kaya makakakuha kay dwight, better free up   on cap space of all teams

but before all that... meron kayang next season?

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2176 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM »
sna mpunta bobcats howard at cp3...

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2177 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM »
by the looks of it Denver will claw their way to a win today.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2178 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM »
the Nuggets must be thinking, "C'mon! Just give us one so we're 1 win better than 'Melo." ;D

the Thunder just won't go away..
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2179 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM »
i agree. mas bagay si Adelman sa NY compared kay Jerry Sloan. the Lakers should get Jerry Sloan if it is indeed Phil Jackson's last season.

My guess its gona be Brian Shaw who'll be the next LAKERS Coach.

the Nuggets must be thinking, "C'mon! Just give us one so we're 1 win better than 'Melo." ;D

the Thunder just won't go away..

they got their prayers answered with this win over OKC.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2180 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM »
great game by both Durant and Wesbrook scoring 31 and 30 points respectively but they still lost. wala kasi ginawa bench ng OKC.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2181 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM »
the West is really tough.. no sweep.. 2 close series that may go either way.. and a possible upset of the 1st seed.. whoever gets through has a good chance of winning it all..

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2182 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 02:00 PM »
pinasasarap lang ng lakers yan...para hindi halata... ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2183 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:03 PM »
A playoff team needs 4 wins in a series, to advance to the next level. So, I am still holding to that HOPE, that the Spurs can still make a comeback and win the series. You just don't leave your favorite team, just because they lost some games. Definitely, there are changes needed to made to the roster, at least 3, like Players X, Y and Z, this coming off-season, BUT, now is not the right time to talk about it, I guess.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:04 PM by geckoph »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2184 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:06 PM »
kaya pa ng spurs yan...
next game naman home nila...

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2185 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:24 PM »
tama its not yet over til the fat lady sings ika nga and 1-3 deficit is doable in the nba, already there are 8 teams who did it according to google, and from the 8 teams 3 teams who have done it made it all the way winning the Larry O'Brien trophy :D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2186 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:29 PM »
All season long, the Spurs are getting no respect from most, if not all, of the NBA Sporting Media (including SIR CHARLES BARKLEY) ... so, unless the Spurs makes history with a momentous comeback. They will just prove the NBA Sporting Media, right. And they will hear it from Sir Charles, "I told you so..." So, let's go Spurs, prove the NBA Sporting Media, wrong.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2187 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:44 PM »
one has hurrah for the spurs imho, props to the grizzlies though that salary cap busting contract extension for conley is starting to look good.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2188 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 04:11 PM »
one has hurrah for the spurs imho, props to the grizzlies though that salary cap busting contract extension for conley is starting to look good.

even the Gasol trade is working wonders now for the Grizzlies.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #2189 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 04:22 PM »
LBJ and WADE a tough combination. Perhaps thats the reason why Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers has to sacrifice a BIG man in Perkins and trade him for Jeff Green. They know that they have to toughen their 2 - 3 spots after the departure of Tony Allen to the Grizzlies. With Allen and Pierce spear heading those positions to match up with WADE and LBJ, they will have the luxury of Green coming off the bench to fill those spots should any of the 2 starters wear down. They probably figured out that a stable Kevin Garnett, a very aggressive undersized center in Davis, Troy Murphy, Kristic, plus the two OLD O'Neals can already fill up the position vacated by Perkins in this year's campaign.

You hit it right sir! Now I am beginning to understand the value of Jeff Green. I just hope he will perform better vs the heat kse so far asar na asar ako sa kanya  ;D! Last year kse sa OKC playoffs vs Lakers si Jeff Green nagpatalo dun sa game na yun e. I believe he was the weakest player sa roster nila last year. Sana si AC Green na lang kinuha habang nandito sya sa BTV hehe.

Rondo will be the biggest problem of Miami. Pero, teka... why are we talking about a celtics vs heat 2nd round match up here e di pa tapos ang boxing... baka masulot pa sila hehehe! Abangan bukas!
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2011 at 04:36 PM by thebat »
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd