Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 488595 times)

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #2310 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
on paper talagang malakas ang heat, but on the court its a diffferent ballgame, its hard to beat a well coached team, a defensive well coached team may i add.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2311 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:06 AM »
KG does so much of the intangibles on offense and specially on defense, he does'nt have to score so much to be effective... but if he does the only coin that is gonna be tossed is a 2 faced coin with both of Garnett's face on it... I dont believe Bosh is a better player than Gasol and Garnett has held his own with him always.... Bosh will be hard pressed to score for Miami to have a chance and give Wade and LBJ help and that does'nt come easy with the length of Garnett shutting you down.

That big lump of lard you are calling has lead the bench attack of Boston through the last 3 years and 2 championship apperances, and I would take Davis over any big man not named Bosh in Miami. Plus you are forgetting the Celts still have the O'neals and Kristic in thier rotation Miami has Anthony and Ilgauskas.

You are talking of 1 game were Rondo had a bad night, what about the 3 other games that they played before that makes the score 3-1 and as far as I know you need 4 wins to advance and not just 1 time.

There is no way Bosh can be better than KG even if KG might been ageing already. Time and again I have alaways opined that the greatness of a player is in his consistency, Bosh knwos how to shoot but to slug it out, I dont think so, when the game matters, KG will just run rougshod on Bosh

davis a lump of lard? come on lets just see how the game goes.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2312 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:14 AM »
I also think Orlando lacks an effective 3.  Seems like Hedo won't cut it anymore.  Hedo would be more like a 6th man now.  J-Rich probably is enough at the 2 as well as Jameer at the 1.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2313 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:15 AM »
4 position is a toss coin. 5? come one, davis is just a big lump of lard hehe ;D bibby and chalmers showed us that they can guard rondo with Miami's last game against Boston. in that game Rondo only had 7 points and 5 assisst.

sa 1 sigurado lamang ang C's. pero sa 5? may somewhat edge Miami dito. Joel Anthony complements the big three very well with his very tight defense. ang advantage ng boston for me is Rondo, the coach and the bench players.

Uy... Nagpapalakas ng loob hehe...

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2314 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:16 AM »
on paper talagang malakas ang heat, but on the court its a diffferent ballgame, its hard to beat a well coached team, a defensive well coached team may i add.

maraming di papayag sa pananaw nating ito sir kimpoy, im a Celt fan too pero sige tingnan natin kung talagng sulit ang pagsasama nila LBJ, Wade at Bosh. Of the three, si Wade lang ang napapanood ko na talagang nakikipag patayan sa laban, sa playoffs, pukpukan na at ito ang malaking edge ng Celts

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2315 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:18 AM »
I also think Orlando lacks an effective 3.  Seems like Hedo won't cut it anymore.  Hedo would be more like a 6th man now.  J-Rich probably is enough at the 2 as well as Jameer at the 1.

share the same view.

any team can afford to have Howard score his usual numbers but he jsut lack support in the three or 4 slots. Nobody out there to slug it out and take away some of the physicality of the game from DH.

Seems like Hedo's game dipped since he bolted out of Orlando the first time

Not sure if my observation is right but is Jameer that good?

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2316 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:26 AM »
share the same view.

any team can afford to have Howard score his usual numbers but he jsut lack support in the three or 4 slots. Nobody out there to slug it out and take away some of the physicality of the game from DH.

jameer is good.he is a talented pg but i view him as another marbury and iverson type of player (score first pass second type).

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #2317 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:28 AM »

On paper, the Heat is one of the weakest teams. They have big gaping holes at the 1 and 5, and the weakest bench. With injuries to Miller and Haslem, the bench got even shallower. Miami is still a very incomplete team. They only have the 3 amigos, and all three have to play excellently each game for Miami to win. DWade also doesn't play to his average against Boston.

Celtics, OTOH, are solid at the 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, with Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Perk (oops haha). They also have a deeper bench.

Fearless forecast: Although I hate Boston, I'd say the teams split the first 2 in Miami, split the next two in Boston, then the Celts win the crucial game 5 and wrap it up in 6. (I hope I'm wrong, haha.)  
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:29 AM by DaSilva »

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2318 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:29 AM »
share the same view.

When they included Gortat in the trade to Phoenix, i thought that was a big mistake as he was a very reliable big man that can either sub for Howard or even play with him.

I agree on Orlando' s deficiencies... they should try to pry Marc Gasol from the Griz as he is among the available big men next year and he is a young talent though i think there is a gentleman's agreement/clause in the contract that Zebo recently signed that the renewal of Gasol's contract should be top priority.

On the 3 I think Tayshaun Prince deserves a look at since he can stil play and we all know the detroit management has shopped him and Hamilton for offers.

I am also not sure about's Nelson's quarter backing skills, i mean he is a good player but there are a lot more PG out there who can handle a team's direction at the point better.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:30 AM by wacksy1021 »

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2319 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:36 AM »
on paper talagang malakas ang heat

I agree pero 3 on 3 lang ang laban :P

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #2320 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:37 AM »
I agree pero 3 on 3 lang ang laban :P

or sa nba jam!! lols!

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2321 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 09:45 AM »
or sa nba jam!! lols!

hahaha....

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2322 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
KG>>Bosh, especially this year wherein KG has been mostly healthy. I still think that it's gonna take some super-heroics from LBJ and Wade for the Heat to even have a chance.

Anybody have any news if and when Haslem is coming back?

About D12 staying in Orlando, medyo malabo na. They still have the next year to build around him but their options are severely limited unless they can get some franchise saving players for the MLE or the minimum. And it's highly unlikely that they'll end up with top tier guys like M. Gasol, W. Chandler, Nene or David West unless some team is stupid enough to do a sign and trade. Arenas and Turkoglu's untradeable contracts are going to severely cripple their chances of retaining Howard.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2323 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM »
KG>>Bosh, especially this year wherein KG has been mostly healthy. I still think that it's gonna take some super-heroics from LBJ and Wade for the Heat to even have a chance.

About D12 staying in Orlando, medyo malabo na. They still have the next year to build around him but their options are severely limited unless they can get some franchise saving players for the MLE or the minimum. And it's highly unlikely that they'll end up with top tier guys like M. Gasol, W. Chandler, Nene or David West unless some team is stupid enough to do a sign and trade. Arenas and Turkoglu's untradeable contracts are going to severely cripple their chances of retaining Howard.

pero if there would be a lockout and a shortened season, this would pave way for a quickie championship possibility for d12. ala spurs

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2324 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM »

pero if there would be a lockout and a shortened season, this would pave way for a quickie championship possibility for d12. ala spurs

Pwede rin.

Malaki na yung posibilidad ng lockout, kinansel na nga pati yung Vegas Summer League. Siguro pag nagkaroon ng league contraction tapos na dissolve yung mga mahihinang team tulad ng Twolves, pati yung NBA owned na Hornets na-dissolve na rin. Pagkatapos nalipat sina CP3 at KLove sa Magic. Pwede na sigurong mag-champion ang Orlando pag nagkaroon ng ganoong milagro.  ;D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2325 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM »
Lakers wraps it up 4-2, as predicted.  Parang walang reaction from the gallery?  Konti ba talaga LA fans?  Pag natatalo, dami comments eh ;D

Mamba closes Hornets by scoring 22 of his 24 points in three quarters.  CP3 only managed 10 poins and 11 assists with 8 rebounds.  As I said, mahirap mag ala superman ng sunod sunod na games.  And for Hornets to even have a chance, CP3 should play like a god.  Credit goes to the D of LA on CP3 too...

So on to next round Vs DAL or POR. 

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2326 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
mia or bos?

young vs old?

talent vs experience

big3 vs.. well big 4 na pala sila

offense vs defense

come to think of it.. parang upset mangyayari dito no? 4-1 prediction.  boston takes series.

dont shoot me. im not a fan of any team. kahit sino manalo now ok lang.

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #2327 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
Lakers vs. Mavericks in 2nd round.

The key for LAL from this point will be Bynum. I agree with the commentators who said that he was the MVP of the Lakers in round 1. It will be fun to watch him work vs Chandler.

Pau-Dirk will also be an interesting matchup, as will Marion-Artest. Too bad for Mavs that Butler is out.

Offense will be a wash. But on D, the Lakers play more consistently, now that they've woken up.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #2328 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM »
i think there are a lot of Lakers fans. not a lot of reaction today since the game wasn't close. This will be the 1st Lakers vs Mavericks series since 1988.

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2166
« Reply #2329 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM »
Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat? Sino mananalo? Abay dapat panuorin natin to ng malaman natin!
3:30 am ng monday simula. Palabas kaya sa channel 2/23 or BTV?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2330 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM »
LAL vs DAL

LA in 6 Games  ;)

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2331 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 12:37 PM »
Kinakabahan na San Antonio. All eyes are focused to their game tomorrow.
Go Memphis!
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 341
« Reply #2332 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
i think there are a lot of Lakers fans. not a lot of reaction today since the game wasn't close. This will be the 1st Lakers vs Mavericks series since 1988.

+1.  LA should be favored here, but a lot of experts also underestimated Dallas in Round 1 and predicted a Portland upset.  Let's see.  At least in the West semis, LA's difficulties with matching up and defending against the other team's PG won't be a major concern as it was in the series against NOH.  I know Jason Kidd can still play at a high level, pero ibang klaseng sakit ng ulo ang binigay ni Chris Paul sa LA.

Looking forward to SAS-MEM Game 6 tomorrow.  I hope the broadcast won't be exclusive to NBA Premium.  MEM has to treat this as their Game 7. 
We deserve better.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2333 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:20 PM »

getting hedo and arenas is something i cant understand. i dont get to watch too many games anymore but if i cal recall, hedo has his heydays with orlando too then he was traded to another team the following year after his great season with orlando. i dont recall him getting to be that good after that trade and with his new team. arenas was good during his heydays too but has been riddled with injury and when he cam back to the warriors, he has neven been the same yet orlando got him wiht his huge contract. wiht the line up that they have, it could have been a big three as well with jrich, arenas and howard, sometimes it makes me wonder how the team executives strategize on the directions of their team and now with impending departure of howard, im sure orlando will go down deep again.

is going to the team of durant and westbrook and option for howard? must be very good to see them three together.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2334 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
Hahaha!  It would be preposterous to use the last game between the two as basis for the entire series.  I think the whole team was in a funk at that time knowing they already won the season series between them.  

The 5 position as well as the 1 are definitely the Heats weaknesses.  Davis can certainly match up well with any of Miami's bigs if his head is in the game.

actually, the last game is a good basis. maybe not for the whole series but it shows that they can stop Rondo and the Celts. for me mas hindi mo pwedeng maging basis yung first three matches sa regular season series ng MIA-BOS since dun sa first 3 games wala pa masyado chemistry yung MIA. It also was the biggest game of the four matches that they've had in the regular season since the winner would be getting the better record and home court advantage when they meet.

as previously stated, malaki kawalan yung pagkawala ni Perkins sa Boston. the absence of Perkins is a big advantage for Miami kasi mas madali na makaka-drive sila LBJ and Wade sa paint. also, if Haslem plays he's more than able to guard KG in post ang malaking problem lang matagal sya nawala. Anthony can also stop the production of both JO and big lard davis.

the 5 and 1 position of Miami may be their weakest but at least they've showed in their last match that they can hold their own against Boston's 5 and 1. maybe not offensively but defensively they can.

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2335 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:33 PM »
That last regular season game bet Miami and Celtics? Nagiinarte lang yang si Rondo. Wala syang gana nun  ;D.
And si Ray Allen, ayaw mag shoot tinatamad na nun.

Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2336 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
getting hedo and arenas is something i cant understand. i dont get to watch too many games anymore but if i cal recall, hedo has his heydays with orlando too then he was traded to another team the following year after his great season with orlando. i dont recall him getting to be that good after that trade and with his new team. arenas was good during his heydays too but has been riddled with injury and when he cam back to the warriors, he has neven been the same yet orlando got him wiht his huge contract. wiht the line up that they have, it could have been a big three as well with jrich, arenas and howard, sometimes it makes me wonder how the team executives strategize on the directions of their team and now with impending departure of howard, im sure orlando will go down deep again.

is going to the team of durant and westbrook and option for howard? must be very good to see them three together.

The worst thing about Orlando's strategy is how uncreative it all is. They basically traded their most tradeable asset in Gortat in order to re-live/re-try their past championship run w/ Hedo. Only this time Hedo's 2 years older and is unmotivated by a contract extension. If they want to retain D12, they would have to be really creative with handling their assets.

As for D12 ending up in OKC, it's definitely possible.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm
As you can see, OKC has only $29M in salaries by 2012. How much cap space they will end up in 2012 will  depend on their Team Options (Maynor, Mullens, Ibaka, Aldrich) and other contracts they might obtain in the following year.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:51 PM by rusty »

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2337 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
if i were okc, ill develop ibaka instead... the talent is there.

sure not a superstar like d12

but up in the ranks of bynum, aldridge etc

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2338 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
^
Mala mini-Mutombo yan si Ibaka. Mutombo without the finger wag.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2339 on: Apr 29, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
^
Mala mini-Mutombo yan si Ibaka. Mutombo without the finger wag.

but faster and more athletic.