Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487242 times)

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #3000 on: May 11, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
ganyan talaga pag di ka makapag move on ;D ;D

like what I felt last year, ng matalo ang Celtics sa LA...ang hirap makalimutan..
and today eto na naman seems like we need a miracle para makalusot sa Heat..

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #3001 on: May 11, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
EPIC game by DROSE  ;D

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3002 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM »
it's amazing people here are still talking about the lakers. ;D

hahahahaha....
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3003 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM »
okc and dallas in the wcf,and miami vs chicago sa ecf?

addendum:move on,both laker fans and haters. ;D

Offline The Stig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3004 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
no... i would probably trade him to the NETS... they have young bigs and cheaper too..
Orlando has no OBLIGATION to trade d12 to the lakers(even if u think they are so high and mighty..) Orlando would probably trade him to another team before the GM otis smith even thinks of dealing wid the lakers due to the shaq scenario in the past...doing so WILL get him fired..

But the reality is that a lot of players do want to play for places like LA and NY because of many factors, mainly because they are big market cities where these superstars can maximize their market value. The Lakers have that, a successful tradition AND good weather. That's what entices players like Melo to go to NY, Lebron to Miami and as you stated Shaq to LA. And why players like Artest agree to be signed up for practically the league minimum slary. The Nets may offer the best potential package to Orlando, but that carries the risk that they wont be able to keep someone like Dwight long term. So unless they are willing to take that risk, they might not offer all their cards to get Dwight, so here comes Mitch Kupchak with an offer like Bynum+Odom for Dwight and suddenly the decision makes sense for Otis Smith.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3005 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM »
3-2 na in favor of the BULLS.

They've done it again with their defense.
In all three wins of Chicago , they limited ATL to an average of 79.3pts/ game and in their 2 losses they've given up an average of 101.5pts.

Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline aRujoN

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 200
« Reply #3006 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
The Nets may offer the best potential package to Orlando, but that carries the risk that they wont be able to keep someone like Dwight long term. So unless they are willing to take that risk, they might not offer all their cards to get Dwight, so here comes Mitch Kupchak with an offer like Bynum+Odom for Dwight and suddenly the decision makes sense for Otis Smith.

funny u mentioned long term.. kobe is already 32, more or less 3yrs left in his prime.. But how about on the nets, d12 and DERON(@26)  :o  :o they can just build around that core... plus with a russian mogul as owner willing to spend and moving to brooklyn(new york)... how can dwight not want to stay long term??

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3007 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
funny u mentioned long term.. kobe is already 32, more or less 3yrs left in his prime.. But how about on the nets, d12 and DERON(@26)  :o  :o they can just build around that core... plus with a russian mogul as owner willing to spend and moving to brooklyn(new york)... how can dwight not want to stay long term??

oh well we can only speculate can we.....we're just saying anything is possible on a laker deal....as opposed to your view that no way he'll be a laker.....big difference.

Anyway, naumay na mga tao rito sa lakers so we can probably continue this on the off season thread.....

Sensya na kayo guys....sanay kasi kami magpost hanggang june.......not this early hehe  :D

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3008 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:48 AM »
oh well we can only speculate can we.....we're just saying anything is possible on a laker deal....as opposed to your view that no way he'll be a laker.....big difference.

I NEVER said he cant be a laker, he still can be BUT with A LOT of IF's.. like he can be a laker if he takes a paycut(in free agency) or a trade in which orlando will force LA to take arenas or turkoglu's HUGE contract(w/c will severely affect LA's payroll in the lux tax plus in acquiring new talent to rebuilt) Unlike with the nets, they can have dwight via trade or free agency(they can offer him max contract if im not mistaken) plus moving to brooklyn NY(big market city) and playing with a top point guard in the league... so seriously though, why would d12 pick la over the nets??  
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM by aRujoN »

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3009 on: May 11, 2011 at 10:55 AM »
funny u mentioned long term.. kobe is already 32, more or less 3yrs left in his prime.. But how about on the nets, d12 and DERON(@26)  :o  :o they can just build around that core... plus with a russian mogul as owner willing to spend and moving to brooklyn(new york)... how can dwight not want to stay long term??

Deron hasn't exactly indicated he's in for the long haul but yes maybe if he gets the support he needs he may decide to renew. Prokhorov really is the wild card here, since indications point him to be a Mark Cuban type who's not afraid to break the bank. The move to Brooklyn may help since it's a new stadium and all, but Brooklyn isn't exactly the same as the NY of the Knicks, just as Clippers aren't the Lakers and those two even share Staples. But I'm sure the Nets front office will make some big moves to land them a whale.

I'm not saying Dwight is a lock for the Lakers, but in Orlando they did try to surround him with decent talent but something was always missing to get them to that next level. So its not about just joining because of potential but buying in to a organization that has proven itself as contenders year after year. If I were his agent, LA would be a prime consideration for my client.

About an aging Kobe, yes I predict about 3 years as well. His body is banged up after 16 years. But thats exactly why a marquee player may want to sign up with the Lakers, to be in a winning system and a chance to be the next face of the franchise. :)

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3010 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
I NEVER said he cant be a laker, he still can be BUT with A LOT of IF's.. like he can be a laker if he takes a paycut(in free agency) or a trade in which orlando will force LA to take arenas or turkoglu's HUGE contract(w/c will severely affect LA's payroll in the lux tax plus in acquiring new talent to rebuilt) Unlike with the nets, they can have dwight via trade or free agency(they can offer him max contract if im not mistaken) plus moving to brooklyn NY(big market city) and playing with a top point guard in the league... so seriously though, why would d12 pick la over the nets??  

I agree. A lot of IFS there. But somehow these things happen for LA. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Nets make something work with LA.  :)

Honestly though I have a lot of reservations about rocking the boat too much. I think LA will make 1 big trade and fill in the other pieces via FA. Hopefully they can land a premier PG first.

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3011 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:07 AM »
Deron hasn't exactly indicated he's in for the long haul but yes maybe if he gets the support he needs he may decide to renew. Prokhorov really is the wild card here, since indications point him to be a Mark Cuban type who's not afraid to break the bank. The move to Brooklyn may help since it's a new stadium and all, but Brooklyn isn't exactly the same as the NY of the Knicks, just as Clippers aren't the Lakers and those two even share Staples. But I'm sure the Nets front office will make some big moves to land them a whale.

I'm not saying Dwight is a lock for the Lakers, but in Orlando they did try to surround him with decent talent but something was always missing to get them to that next level. So its not about just joining because of potential but buying in to a organization that has proven itself as contenders year after year. If I were his agent, LA would be a prime consideration for my client.

About an aging Kobe, yes I predict about 3 years as well. His body is banged up after 16 years. But thats exactly why a marquee player may want to sign up with the Lakers, to be in a winning system and a chance to be the next face of the franchise. :)

so you think dwight will take a paycut to join la? because la cant offer orlando a good trade package that will benefit the magic in the long term or help them financially.. and as for "a winning system" ...they just got swept!! ;D plus phil jackson, hes retiring right??
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM by aRujoN »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3012 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
okc and dallas in the wcf,and miami vs chicago sa ecf?

addendum:move on,both laker fans and haters. ;D

I have moved on...we are offseason mode already!!

Seriously though....id like to throw in memphis in there....just to have that cinderella story angle to it....mygod missed that EPIC game yesterday!  Epic failure on my part......

Memphis bandwagon anyone?  Seats still available!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #3013 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM »

Seriously though....id like to throw in memphis in there....just to have that cinderella story angle to it....mygod missed that EPIC game yesterday!  Epic failure on my part......

count me in!  i'm an LA fan but as long as games between other teams was like yesterday's game between MEM and OKC, a true basketball fan would be fulfilled and feel happy for both teams.  though as a fan you have to choose one team to cheer on.  so MEMPHIS for me!

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3014 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM »
@aRujoN - No probably not, more likely scenario is a 3 team trade. Orlando will likely try to move some of their players with lousy contracts along with Dwight and LA will want no part of that. So a 3rd team with certain needs (to win immediately or looking for expiring contracts) will have to come in IMO.

But hey, Kupchack made the Gasol-Kwame trade work (which worked out fine for Memphis too), so no one can really say what can happen right?

@Munskie - can't really say I've jumped the bandwagon, but I wouldn't feel bad if either the Grizzlies or Thunder make it all the way. I'm trying to move on I SWEAR!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 at 11:21 AM by The Stig »

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3015 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
@aRujoN - No probably not, more likely scenario is a 3 team trade. Orlando will likely try to move some of their players with lousy contracts along with Dwight and LA will want no part of that. So a 3rd team with certain needs (to win immediately or looking for expiring contracts) will have to come in IMO.
see! another big IF ...so who do u think is gonna be that 3rd team to take arenas' and/or turkoglu's contracts(not yet expiring next season)?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 04:22 AM by aRujoN »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3016 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:31 AM »
di padin ako makamove on  :-[ game 5 sana ngayon.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #3017 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM »
If Howard wants to be a step closer in winning his first ring would it make perfect sense if he joins New Jersey together with DWill or with LA together with Kobe and Gasol?

the scenario that Orlando is facing would be the ff:

- hold on to DHoward and bank on his trust and loyalty to renew his contract after it expires.
- trade him to another team and acquire the pieces that could possibly fit the void left by Howard and come away with less payroll expense while not taking a step back in competitiveness.

scenario number 1 would be a HUGE risk for Orlando. remember the following players: Shaq, Boozer and the most infamous of all....LBJ.  look what happened to Cleveland after they were dropped by LBJ...they couldnt even rebuild a competitive team for the next three years or so.  Scenario # 2 would be the most viable. They could get two to three talented players for the price of 1 superstar in Howard.

Either way I believe Howard will bolt out of Orlando. The lure of becomming the next great big man in LA is just too enticing for him to turn his back on. Obviously Bynum was targetted to be that man but that will never become a reality.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3018 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM »

Not me, Go Thunder Go ... Go Grizzlies Go, maybe, if it's a Grizzlies vs. Mavericks WCF ...

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3019 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM »
@aRujoN - Yeah well thats why I'm not an NBA GM. Hell I hardly ever trade in my Fantasy leagues  ;D. I don't know what else to say but these things happen.

Allow me to use Google for a minute here...

1969: Wilt Chamberlain for Archie Clark, Darrall Imhoff, and Jerry Chambers.

1975: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, Junior Bridgeman, and Dave Meyers

1979: Gail Goodrich traded to the Jazz for a No.1 pick who turned out to be Magic Johnson

1982: After winning the championship they get the #1 pick through a trade with Cleveland who turned out to be James Worthy

1996: Shaq

1996: Trade Vlade to Charlotte for draft pick who turns out to be Kobe

These things happen for LA for some reason.  ;)

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3020 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:42 AM »
If Howard wants to be a step closer in winning his first ring would it make perfect sense if he joins New Jersey together with DWill or with LA together with Kobe and Gasol?
again, how? thru a paycut to be a laker?

- trade him to another team and acquire the pieces that could possibly fit the void left by Howard and come away with less payroll expense while not taking a step back in competitiveness.

Scenario # 2 would be the most viable. They could get two to three talented players for the price of 1 superstar in Howard.
and that's why the Nets makes the most sense for him to sign.. they CAN PAY him, afford to build around him with quality players and have a chance at a championship playing with deron... and orlando can get their young/bigs at a manageable price...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 at 11:45 AM by aRujoN »

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3021 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:46 AM »
@aRujoN - Yeah well thats why I'm not an NBA GM. Hell I hardly ever trade in my Fantasy leagues  ;D. I don't know what else to say but these things happen.

Allow me to use Google for a minute here...

1969: Wilt Chamberlain for Archie Clark, Darrall Imhoff, and Jerry Chambers.

1975: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, Junior Bridgeman, and Dave Meyers

1979: Gail Goodrich traded to the Jazz for a No.1 pick who turned out to be Magic Johnson

1982: After winning the championship they get the #1 pick through a trade with Cleveland who turned out to be James Worthy

1996: Shaq

1996: Trade Vlade to Charlotte for draft pick who turns out to be Kobe

but this doesn't mean its always gonna be like that...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3022 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM »

See how this one picture can turn into a epic discussion  ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3023 on: May 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM »
Of course there are no certainties. A lot of things can happen of course. But the Lakers front office (particularly under Jerry Buss) have proven time and again that they have an uncanny ability to make good decisions and acquisitions for the team. And this is exactly why players would want to join them, to be part of this winning tradition.

About a pay cut for Dwight. I wouldn't even be surprised if he takes one. He would easily make it up through other means like endorsements he would get by exposure to a big market like LA.

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3024 on: May 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
See how this one picture can turn into a epic discussion  ;D ;D ;D

I know right? But I honestly would prefer this one.

;D ;D ;D

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3025 on: May 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM »

here's another pic to make it more interesting....hehe

Offline aRujoN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3026 on: May 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM »
About a pay cut for Dwight. I wouldn't even be surprised if he takes one. He would easily make it up through other means like endorsements he would get by exposure to a big market like LA.

really??? I would be!! ;D  

funny,you just said it yourself that u dont think he's gonna agree to a paycut a few post above
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM by aRujoN »

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3027 on: May 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM »
Dwight in MIAMI... oh yeah

There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline The Stig