Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487350 times)

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #3090 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
miami is looking good for a 2nd championship especially now that bostona nd lakers are eliminated.i dont think eitherr atlanta or the bulls can stop them.if ever chicago wins ing their series match up with atlanta i hope they prove me wrong by beating the heat coz i'm starting to like the maturity of rose and his ability to take over the game

+1

But i think one way to negate Miami's big 3 is for the opposing team to have dominant big men in the 4 and 5 positions.. this is why I think Miami will have a hard time should they ever get into the finals and face a team like Dallas, OKC or Memphis.. Miami just don't have enough good big men..

I hope the Mavs win the West so we'll have a rematch of the '06 Finals.. for sure Bosh will have his hands full guarding Nowitzki..  ;D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 08:38 AM by T33K0Y »

Offline staind01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3091 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
a repeat of game 4. turnovers beat the Cs. good effort despite their aged, ailing bodies. great team and am a proud fan.

In this playoffs there is only one sure winner... the NBA fan

i agree! lotsa good teams left, anyone can win it. should be fun to watch.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3092 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:41 AM »
lbj and dw needs is more maturity, keep on their excellent individual play but work as a team. kung sakali, mas matinding partnership kesa kay mj at scottie pippen. kailangan lang ng isang "philjackson"type na coach para ma rendahan, at supporting cast. only time will tell...

i think shaq's retirement will signal the "changing of the guards". time for the next era.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #3093 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:46 AM »
+1

But i think one way to negate Miami's big 3 is for the opposing team to have dominant big men in the 4 and 5 positions.. this is why I think Miami will have a hard time should they ever get into the finals and face a team like Dallas, OKC or Memphis.. Miami just don't have enough good big men..

I hope the Mavs win the West so we'll have a rematch of the '06 Finals.. for sure Bosh will have his hands full guarding Nowitzki..  ;D

Agree with this analysis.  I think Miami can beat Chicago (assuming they advance) in the next round, even if Chicago swept them in the regular season.  Not sure how Chicago can contain Wade and James, although Chicago has the role players to do it and defense is Coach Thibodeau's expertise.

But in the Finals, Miami might have problems with teams like Dallas and Memphis.

Still hoping it will be an OKC-MIA Finals.

We deserve better.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3094 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
+1 

hoping for a different result if that happens.mavs fan here,hehe

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3095 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:18 AM »
hoping for a different result if that happens.mavs fan here,hehe

hehe.. same here.. now that my Celtics is gone I'm shifting my support to the Mavs as I want J. Kidd to have his ring before he retires. Also to give chance to Dirk and J. Terry to redeem themselves for losing the '06 finals.  ;D

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3096 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:30 AM »
ganyan dapat ang laro... kahit kulelat... humahabol para manalo... Lakers team sana may natutunan kayo sa laro ng Miami at Celtics.

There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3097 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:43 AM »
Miami doesn't need a dominant big man. they only need a defense oriented center which they got in Joel Anthony. key match up here would be Dirk-Bosh if ever this finals match-up does happen. Bosh would have to step-up big time defensively.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3098 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:52 AM »
Celtics collapsing in the 4th and DWade and LBJ proving that they are clutch. also, tama si sir wacksy Boston's TOs did them in. only their shooting kept them in the game.

ok. now Miami will have a good rest before the Bulls/Hawks series.  ;D

hopefully, boston will bounce back and sana the Miami and Boston rivalry will continue next year! ;D

now i am proven wrong and very happy to be ;) ;), its just nice to see great players maturing in all aspect

it seems Miami is really getting there, i think either ATL or CHI will have a hard time with the Heat, hard pill to swallow from a Celt fan but i believe Miami is way above the east now
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3099 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:52 AM »
ganyan dapat ang laro... kahit kulelat... humahabol para manalo... Lakers team sana may natutunan kayo sa laro ng Miami at Celtics.

Dpogs, di ka pa rin maka move on sa Lakers ;D Miami Heat at Dallas na ang usapan, e Lakers pa rin ang binibira mo hahaha. Anyway Lakers has had their share of improbable rallies in the past c/o Fisher (vs Spurs) and Horry (vs Kings) and well, Kobe. so let's give credit to that as well.

Back to the current playoffs :  Both the two defending champions (BOS & LA) over the last 3 years have been booted out. Wow.  Throw away all our traditional analysis on championship experience and having dominant centers and what-have-yous, we've got a brand new look in the NBA.  It's Youth over Experience.  Athleticism over Smarts.  As Barkley said, "It's a young man's game!"

Look at the teams who got knocked out - SA, BOS, LA, ORL, and those that are still alive -- OKC, MEM, ATL, CHI and oh yes MIAMI.  Puro mga pang olympics!  Great for the NBA indeed.

Miami vs Dallas looks very exciting.  But don't count out Chicago, OKC and everyone's favorite MEMPHIS!!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3100 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
Hoping Shaq retires na......

sad to see this, i have been a huge shaq fan and feel sad that i never got the chance to watch him even once this season or even last season, guess i have seen the last of him :(
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #3101 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
argh... laki ng lamang ng OKC sa grizz... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3102 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
Go Thunder Go ...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM by geckoph »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3103 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM »
I just have a feeling this OKC and MEM will go all the way to Game 7.  Just like the triple OT in Game 4, this series will go down the wire. 

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #3104 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM »
argh... talo uso ko... tsk bad trip

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3105 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM »
Celtics gone fishing!

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #3106 on: May 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM »
Go go go Coach Erik...

never underestimate ang dugong-Pilipino....

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3107 on: May 12, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Interesting read for all critics, doubters and even haters alike:

Time to pay respect to James, Wade and Bosh

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/shaun_powell/05/12/celtics-heat-game-5/index.html

kudos to LBJ for apologizing for "The Decision". 8)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 01:37 PM by leomarley »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3108 on: May 12, 2011 at 04:57 PM »
Ainge deserved that loss, but not the Celtics. They played with a lot of heart. I would have wanted them to stick around and congratulate the Heat though. But I'm not gonna fault them for heading straight to the lockers without so much as a wave to the winners. Props to Rivers, Allen, and West for being magnanimous. Anybody see if Rondo showed love to the Heat after the game?

I would cheer for any other team left before I cheer for the Heat, but without LA and Boston, they have a strong chance of winning it all.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2163
« Reply #3109 on: May 12, 2011 at 05:03 PM »
Left here alone in my office. Ngayon ko lang na feel yung lungkot na nawala na Celtics  :'(.
Buti di na ako nakabitan ng buset na cignal satellite na yan kse ayaw ko nang manuod ng NBA  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #3110 on: May 12, 2011 at 05:38 PM »
Fearless forecast: Although I hate Boston, I'd say the teams split the first 2 in Miami, split the next two in Boston, then the Celts win the crucial game 5 and wrap it up in 6. (I hope I'm wrong, haha.)  

I was wrong!
And I'm happy  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3111 on: May 12, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
Boston being booted out falls on Ainge's head. The day he made the trade was the time the Celtics were no longer in contention for the title. The Celtics beat the Heat using their length and inside intimidation on defense. Ainge thougt the team needed to be more of a perimeter team so he sacrified length, inside defensive intimidation and rebounding. Well he was wrong. 

Putting all his marbles on Shaq did him in as well.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3112 on: May 12, 2011 at 06:39 PM »
WESTERN CONFERENCE
...(Thunder vs. Grizzlies - Go Thunder Go!) vs. Mavericks - Beat the Mavs!

EASTERN CONFERENCE
...(Bulls vs. Hawks - Go Hawks Go!) vs. Heat - Beat the Heat!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3113 on: May 12, 2011 at 07:37 PM »
i remember way back in this thread madami di nag-agree sa predictions ko. guess I was right ;D

1. i was right about davis, big lard didn't show up.

2. KG was out played by Bosh except for game 3 (toss coin talaga, if Bosh had a good game, KG didn't and vis-a-vis).

3. Perkins' departure was a big factor.

4. the bench of Miami (specially James Jones) contributed in game 1 and 5, although Jones only had 1 three in game 5 but that was a huge three.

5. DWade was able to minimize Ray-ray's production for most of the series.

6. Finally, Rondo wasn't able to contribute for much of the series although it was mostly because of his injuries but Miami defended him well in game 1.

only prediction i got wrong was the series standing. i predicted Miami in seven games but they finished the Celtics in five games. :D one thing that i got from this series is a deeper respect for Boston although i still don't like Big Lard Davis and the way they walked out without congratulating the Heat players and staff except for Doc Rivers.

sana lang magkita pa uli Miami-Boston sa playoffs ganda kasi ng rivalry :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 07:40 PM by leomarley »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3114 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:07 PM »
A Perkins-KG tandem would have punked Bosh into submission......instead, what have you got....Boston was the one who adjusted in the match-ups.....sometimes playing KG at 5, playing small.....you dont beat miami that way.  I guess Ainge has his reasons, but it didnt pan out now....and C fans are angry....

And its pretty bad coz OKC actually benefitted a lot with Perkins in tow.....

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3115 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:39 PM »
stick a fork on him, he's done :D beasting career for the diesel

ang lakas talaga ni shaq dati no sayang

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3116 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
Boston being booted out falls on Ainge's head. The day he made the trade was the time the Celtics were no longer in contention for the title. The Celtics beat the Heat using their length and inside intimidation on defense. Ainge thougt the team needed to be more of a perimeter team so he sacrified length, inside defensive intimidation and rebounding. Well he was wrong.  

Putting all his marbles on Shaq did him in as well.

T'was just so unfortunate for Boston that Shaq and other key players got injured.. who knows, maybe the outcome would have been different had they all stayed healthy.. then I'm quite sure nobody here would even say that the Perkins trade was a mistake..

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 08:50 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3117 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:47 PM »
T'was just so unfortunate for Boston that Shaq and other key players got injured.. who knows, maybe the outcome would have been different had they all stayed healthy.. then I'm quite sure nobody here would even say that the Perkins trade was a mistake..

Maybe....but as it is, the trade was a failure.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3118 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:52 PM »
Maybe....but as it is, the trade was a failure.

Well.. I guess talagang ganyan you win some you lose some.. but I'm still proud of the Celtics who really played all HEART vs Miami.. they didn't go out without a fight! Let's just hope for a healthier season for the Celts next year!  ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3119 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:19 PM »
nag ala pacquiao si lbj lumuhod, nice!